Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Settle down Rowsey  (Read 2260 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Settle down Rowsey
« on: January 12, 2018, 07:22:29 PM »
What in the world was that tonight? Absolutely awful. Wojo needs to shorten his leash considerably if this is how he?s going to play.

He was the only thing worse than the refs in this game.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Class71

• All American
Re: Settle down Rowsey
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 07:33:04 PM »
He tries to do too much and gets himself in trouble. Wojo has done just about everything to put him on the reservation but some are uncoachable.

We beat  the little "x" and all will be forgotten.
⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 07:37:31 PM »
What in the world was that tonight? Absolutely awful. Wojo needs to shorten his leash considerably if this is how he?s going to play.

He was the only thing worse than the refs in this game.

The thing with Roswey, and sometimes even Howard, is that they take a lot of shots that they shouldn't. They take undeniably bad shots. But they go in as often as they don't. Outside of some bad drives, I don't think Rowsey made many more "bad" decisions than he has in his 30 point games. He just missed some tonight that he would normally make.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 07:46:00 PM »
Wojo needs to shorten his leash considerably if this is how he?s going to play.

While I agree with your sentiment here...Wojo has said he is riding AR (without using those words). He says we ?need? his swagger. Of course, he wants to limit his poor decisions......but at the end of the day AR will continue to be allowed to win the game......even at the cost of the game.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2018, 08:24:16 PM »
Worst alley oop tossed in America
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2018, 09:51:38 PM »
We are living by the Rowsey/Howard sword this season, and sometimes will die by it.  Unfortunately, that is the only way this roster can win basketball games.  No other PG option and too few solid defenders.  If you force Rowsey to dial things back, then he becomes a real liability because your cutting back the area where he?s a plus player and your still stuck with his sh*tty defense.  Wojo?s style of basketball is dictated by the personnel.
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2018, 10:10:01 AM »
I think Rowsey gets in trouble when he tries to do too much. He was driving me crazy with bad outcomes on his drives early in the season, but did better the last several games. Last night was a big step back, but I think it represents what he does when nothing else seems to be happening.

The "defense" is another topic altogether. This team will figure out the true meaning of life before they figure out how to defend a pick and roll. I can't believe that the concept is beyond Wojo, so I guess we have to lay the blame on the personnel on the floor. I know the midgets are not strong defensively, but our triumvirate in the post don't really show any signs of progressing defensively.

feedback