[Today at 06:55:33 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Nukem2
[Today at 04:02:06 PM]

Best case scenarios by Frenns Liquor Depot
[Today at 03:55:21 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[Today at 11:02:10 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: NM  (Read 1935969 times)

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Re: NM
« Reply #9650 on: February 11, 2021, 08:00:02 PM »
Anybody up for some maple s’mores stout?

https://whdh.com/news/popular-new-england-brewery-creates-beer-named-after-viral-mittens-made-famous-by-bernie-sanders/

The “warming” beer features maple syrup, milk sugar, cocoa powder, chocolate chips, graham cracker, and marshmallow, Four Quarters said.

Cans and drafts of the beer hit the brewery’s taproom on Feb. 12.

MarquetteMike1977

• All American
« Reply #9651 on: February 11, 2021, 10:57:02 PM »
There is a Reason Jay Bilas said as long as MU stays in the Old Big East MU will be in the Big ‪Dance. When MU Joined the Old Big East Mr Cords literally whispered in my ear MU will be very good for a very long time. After Marquette joined the New Big East Mr Lovell literally whispered in my ear Do not worry about it it is only basketball. ‬

Also when Marquette joined the New Big East one of the Cords said This puts MU in rebuilding mode.

Also also I Like Arby’s but my first love broke up with me, after our date at Arby’s, after I got my license. Haha.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #9652 on: February 13, 2021, 11:11:19 AM »
Not The Onion!

Teen reunited with pet rooster lost at Alabama Cracker Barrel after Civil War reenactment

https://www.al.com/news/2021/02/teen-reunited-with-pet-rooster-lost-at-alabama-cracker-barrel-after-civil-war-reenactment.html
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #9653 on: February 13, 2021, 01:18:54 PM »
So after my workout I was surprised to find Old Spice Moisture Shea Butter Body wash . This is a seriously good product.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=srXChURjbqI
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9654 on: February 13, 2021, 03:29:30 PM »
So after my workout I was surprised to find Old Spice Moisture Shea Butter Body wash . This is a seriously good product.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=srXChURjbqI

Was it empty?

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #9655 on: February 13, 2021, 05:51:18 PM »
Hermie, how are you holding up?

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #9656 on: February 13, 2021, 07:40:20 PM »

I imagine the whole being dead thing hasn't been great
Maigh Eo for Sam

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #9657 on: February 13, 2021, 08:44:22 PM »
Thanks for asking. Made it through the High Dose radiation ,numbers look good for now and trying to work on cardio and strength training to combat the side effects of the nuking.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9658 on: February 13, 2021, 11:21:08 PM »
Man’s best friend becomes man’s wealthy friend....

https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2021/02/12/Late-businessmans-dog-inherits-5-million/9851613159486/

A Tennessee dog is living the comfortable life after inheriting $5 million from her late owner, who stipulated in his will that his money should go to his pet.

————

Woof!

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #9659 on: February 13, 2021, 11:30:40 PM »
Thanks for asking. Made it through the High Dose radiation ,numbers look good for now and trying to work on cardio and strength training to combat the side effects of the nuking.

Cheers, Herman.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9660 on: February 15, 2021, 08:03:05 PM »
Think baby bro is going to be more jealous than the usual little brother? Big brother is technically “Prince Archie,“ and the little one will likely just be known as “Bob.”

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/society/tradition/a35507595/prince-harry-meghan-markle-pregnancy-anouncement-2021-analysis/

It is assumed that he or she will be born in the U.S., and also widely believed that this child will not take a title in accordance with the peerage.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #9661 on: February 17, 2021, 12:36:40 PM »
You know what pisses me off?  Crappy napkins.

What are restaurants thinking?  They'd rather you wipe your pie hole with a dozen flimsy napkins instead of just one?

Oh, the humanity.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9662 on: February 17, 2021, 12:39:21 PM »

What are restaurants thinking?  They'd rather you wipe your pie hole with a dozen flimsy napkins instead of just one?

Oh, the humanity.

Who needs a napkin when you have a shirtsleeve?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #9663 on: February 17, 2021, 12:41:48 PM »
Arby's has to save a penny somewhere.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #9664 on: February 17, 2021, 01:54:31 PM »

Oh, the humanity.

The bathrooms in our building replaced the paper towels a few months ago. They changed from decent paper towels that required two or three to effectively dry your hands, to crappy ones that required at least six or eight -- it was kind of like drying your hands with toilet paper or facial tissues. Making matters worse, the new ones were so thin that when you tried to pull them from the dispenser with wet hands, you would get nothing but little pieces stuck to your fingers and would have to grab a handful to get something other than scraps to come out. And many of those little scraps would find their way to the floor.*  And of course, due to the increased usage, we were frequently out of towels which had rarely been a problem in the past.

So, in what was presumably an effort to reduce costs, they more than doubled our towel use, caused the bathrooms to look a mess with all the little scraps on the floor, and substantially increased the labor required to keep the towels stocked and the floors swept.  The change lasted about six weeks.

*People who throw towels and/or scraps on the floor (i.e., slobs) are another topic for another day.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #9665 on: February 17, 2021, 02:13:28 PM »
Arby's has to save a penny somewhere.

You've had the meat, so not just on napkins.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #9666 on: February 17, 2021, 02:17:49 PM »
The bathrooms in our building replaced the paper towels a few months ago. They changed from decent paper towels that required two or three to effectively dry your hands, to crappy ones that required at least six or eight -- it was kind of like drying your hands with toilet paper or facial tissues. Making matters worse, the new ones were so thin that when you tried to pull them from the dispenser with wet hands, you would get nothing but little pieces stuck to your fingers and would have to grab a handful to get something other than scraps to come out. And many of those little scraps would find their way to the floor.*  And of course, due to the increased usage, we were frequently out of towels which had rarely been a problem in the past.

So, in what was presumably an effort to reduce costs, they more than doubled our towel use, caused the bathrooms to look a mess with all the little scraps on the floor, and substantially increased the labor required to keep the towels stocked and the floors swept.  The change lasted about six weeks.

*People who throw towels and/or scraps on the floor (i.e., slobs) are another topic for another day.

I've found that most people use way more paper towels than they truly need.  When you're done rinsing your hands, you shouldn't be walking over to the paper towel dispenser with sopping wet hands dripping all over the counter and floor.  SHAKE YOUR DAMN HANDS OFF IN THE SINK UNTIL NO MORE WATER COMES OFF... FOUR TIMES IS USUALLY ENOUGH!  Personally, I use ONE paper towel. 

https://www.ted.com/talks/joe_smith_how_to_use_a_paper_towel

Watch the damn video.  If you can't do this, you're a Neanderthal.

If you can't tell, this is one of my biggest pet peeves.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #9667 on: February 17, 2021, 02:30:27 PM »
I've found that most people use way more paper towels than they truly need.  When you're done rinsing your hands, you shouldn't be walking over to the paper towel dispenser with sopping wet hands dripping all over the counter and floor.  SHAKE YOUR DAMN HANDS OFF IN THE SINK UNTIL NO MORE WATER COMES OFF... FOUR TIMES IS USUALLY ENOUGH!  Personally, I use ONE paper towel. 

Watch the damn video.  If you can't do this, you're a Neanderthal.

If you can't tell, this is one of my biggest pet peeves.

Take a deep breath, it will be ok.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #9668 on: February 17, 2021, 02:45:16 PM »
Hug 🤗 it out.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #9669 on: February 17, 2021, 03:04:46 PM »
SHAKE YOUR DAMN HANDS OFF IN THE SINK UNTIL NO MORE WATER COMES OFF... FOUR TIMES IS USUALLY ENOUGH!  Personally, I use ONE paper towel. 

Ha, I've seen that guy and think of that video when I'm washing my hands.

Every. Time.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #9670 on: February 17, 2021, 03:10:44 PM »
Ha, I've seen that guy and think of that video when I'm washing my hands.

Every. Time.

Same, I can't wash my hands without thinking of it... hopefully some folks around here watch it and they have our problem.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #9671 on: February 17, 2021, 03:19:08 PM »
I don't have too many pet peeves but the automated customer service phone call might be one of them.

When I call a place of business, I often want one of two things:

1) I want to be able to quickly tap/ follow the numbered prompts to get the information that I want or need before ending the call.

2) I want to speak with a live person that can be of assistance.

In recent year memory, this has become increasingly difficult. I am asked to speak to an automated system. Then I am asked to use complete sentences. Then there are follow up automated questions. This often continues over seemingly endless questions. Many of these places know I will inevitably tap "zero" to get to a live person if i cannot resolve my need, so, that option decreasingly exists.

I just want to enter the numbers, or to speak with a live person.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #9672 on: February 17, 2021, 03:20:10 PM »
I don't have too many pet peeves but the automated customer service phone call might be one of them.

When I call a place of business, I often want one of two things:

1) I want to be able to quickly tap/ follow the numbered prompts to get the information that I want or need before ending the call.

2) I want to speak with a live person that can be of assistance.

In recent year memory, this has become increasingly difficult. I am asked to speak to an automated system. Then I am asked to use complete sentences. Then there are follow up automated questions. This often continues over seemingly endless questions. Many of these places know I will inevitably tap "zero" to get to a live person if i cannot resolve my need, so, that option decreasingly exists.

I just want to enter the numbers, or to speak with a live person.

Just push 0 as soon as you hear the recording start... usually works.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #9673 on: February 17, 2021, 03:30:08 PM »
Jimmy Butler was a question on Jeopardy the other night.

They showed his photo and the question was (approximately) "This NBA star founded his own coffee company."

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #9674 on: February 17, 2021, 03:36:45 PM »
Just push 0 as soon as you hear the recording start... usually works.

It works less often now. Some still have it that way, but increasingly, it's a thing where pushing zero doesn't get the live person any longer.

feedback