[April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by WhiteTrash
[April 24, 2024, 07:58:02 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by MU82
[April 24, 2024, 04:38:12 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[April 24, 2024, 04:09:20 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: NM  (Read 1937198 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: NM
« Reply #9175 on: October 15, 2020, 08:40:38 AM »
Confession .. I haven't worn a pair of sweatpants in maybe 25 years. 

I really don't know the protocol.

I think it's pretty funny to call them sweatpants.  Imagine wearing them to workout.  Imagine doing ANYTHING strenuous in sweatpants, and actively sweating them up.  Dripping wet sweatpants and sweatshirt.  Disgusting.

I guess there's no easy way out of using the name now.  I think we should change the name to 'loungers' because it is more accurate.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #9176 on: October 15, 2020, 08:44:58 AM »
I think it's pretty funny to call them sweatpants.  Imagine wearing them to workout.  Imagine doing ANYTHING strenuous in sweatpants, and actively sweating them up.  Dripping wet sweatpants and sweatshirt.  Disgusting.

I guess there's no easy way out of using the name now.  I think we should change the name to 'loungers' because it is more accurate.

Used to wear them over shorts during colder lacrosse practices. I remember they'd weigh like 50lbs when you'd take them off. Warm up pants being affordable and underarmor leggings coming out were game changing
Maigh Eo for Sam

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #9177 on: October 15, 2020, 08:49:46 AM »
My wife tells me there is only one protocol for anyone over 21...dont wear sweatpants out of the house.

Wind pants aren't sweatpants right?  Because I wear those things pretty much everywhere but work.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #9178 on: October 15, 2020, 08:58:05 AM »

Wind pants aren't sweatpants right?  Because I wear those things pretty much everywhere but work.
Since I've been working from home, I live in soft shorts or lightweight sweatpants.  It is bad enough wearing the mask (which I always do whenever I leave the house), but I am starting to get annoyed when I have to put on pants and a belt.  This COVID thing can't end soon enough.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #9179 on: October 15, 2020, 09:24:34 AM »
The trend is called Athleisure for you behind the times Scoopers. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/athleisure-coronavirus-pandemic-sports-bras/

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9180 on: October 15, 2020, 09:28:37 AM »
Used to wear them over shorts during colder lacrosse practices. I remember they'd weigh like 50lbs when you'd take them off. Warm up pants being affordable and underarmor leggings coming out were game changing

Yep. Back in the 70s, sweats were our cold weather running gear for track practices. They got pretty wet and heavy after a couple mile warmup, then a bunch of 440 yard intervals and such.

And speaking of sweats, has anyone here tried the ridiculously expensive (but supposedly very well-made and comfortable) hoodies and sweatpants made by American Giant? I never imagined spending that kind of money on sweats before...but they get uniformly great reviews, and have the added feel-good factor of being totally made (from cotton to milled fabric to assembled garments) in the US.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #9181 on: October 15, 2020, 09:29:43 AM »
Say what?

Sweatpants, wind pants, running pants, warm up pants, etc...The Rocky video above version, or something polyester, nylon, etc...they are all variations of the same thing, sweatpants. I call all of the above sweatpants. I would make a difference distinction if it were golf pants which are more similar to business casual pants.

And while I've had to dress a wide variety of ways over the years, and I am sure it looks good for some, I am not a fan of the lack of comfortability wearing the sport coat or suit jacket. And while ties can be fashionable, I don't enjoy wearing them either. My preferred every day attire is some sort of sweat resistant tee and gym shorts. (I have a preferred brand for fit and comfort.) I could live a long time on that with sunny warm weather.

Sweatpants are perfectly acceptable pants for cold weather climate people. For warmer weather climate people, shorts are fine. Wear white whenever you want, etc...there are no rules.

I will gladly take warm, even hot weather even higher humidity (not preferred in general, but I prefer it over cold any day for me) Less discussed but equally as important for me is quantity of sunshine. That matters a lot for me.

If one is exercising outside in cold weather, judgement call if you need to do it in shorts or sweats. Both are acceptable. Exercising indoors, shorts are preferred of course but sweats are fine...you'll just sweat a lot. Sweating is a part of life. Just take a shower when you can when finished.

Wearing sweatpants is perfectly acceptable running errands, going places, etc... or for lounging at home, whatever you want. I'm more of a hooded sweatshirt and shorts person as long as I can in cooler weather, meaning, more layers on top if possible. Some colder climates can't do that as much and have to have sweats. The popularity of the hooded sweatshirt years ago was a difference maker in comfort from past types of sweatshirts. I have a 75% cotton 25% polyester MU hooded sweatshirt that is ideal.

But I say sweatpants or sweats for short when describing a wide variety of sweatpants.

I used to know a few people who refused to wear jeans but that's a whole other thing.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #9182 on: October 15, 2020, 09:49:50 AM »
My wife tells me there is only one protocol for anyone over 21...dont wear sweatpants out of the house.

Don't wear them out of the house?

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #9183 on: October 15, 2020, 10:05:14 AM »

My grandpa taught me that anyone older than 11 wearing an elastic waistband deserves to be pantsed.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #9184 on: October 15, 2020, 10:21:30 AM »
My grandpa taught me that anyone older than 11 wearing an elastic waistband deserves to be pantsed.

How'd he enjoy his time in prison?  ;D

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #9185 on: October 15, 2020, 10:55:11 AM »
I bought some sweatpants yesterday.  They have 5 pockets.  My wife thinks that's excessive .. mainly because I have nothing to put in those pockets.

I used to carry a pocket knife and chapstick, but since I work from home now, what's the point?

#Arbys2020

5 pockets? Are they cargo pants?
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #9186 on: October 15, 2020, 12:00:42 PM »
5 pockets? Are they cargo sweatpants?

Why yes, they are.  I think it makes me more distinguished.   

I imagine people thinking, hey, that guy in the sweatpants, I bet he has important stuff in those cargo pockets.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #9187 on: October 15, 2020, 12:07:36 PM »
I imagine people thinking, hey, that guy in the sweatpants, I bet he has important stuff in those cargo pockets.

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #9188 on: October 15, 2020, 12:28:16 PM »

You have quite the imagination, my friend
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #9189 on: October 15, 2020, 12:39:55 PM »
You have quite the imagination, my friend

This is the exact conversation I had with my wife.  She's very lucky.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #9190 on: October 15, 2020, 12:52:31 PM »

That's an impressive list of ingredients. 

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #9191 on: October 15, 2020, 12:56:43 PM »

I was wondering what legally qualifies as ‘spice and spice extractives’.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #9192 on: October 15, 2020, 01:19:31 PM »
Any woman that wears sweat pants out of the house has given up.

Yoga pants, on the other hand...
Have some patience, FFS.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9193 on: October 15, 2020, 01:42:21 PM »

Why do they need corn syrup AND high fructose corn syrup? Worried about people having fructose deficiencies?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #9194 on: October 15, 2020, 01:43:33 PM »
I was wondering what legally qualifies as ‘spice and spice extractives’.

SWEAT

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9195 on: October 15, 2020, 02:07:35 PM »
SWEAT

Seems like urine could qualify as well. That's where I send most of my spice extractives.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #9196 on: October 15, 2020, 03:57:24 PM »

Shin zippered pockets?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #9197 on: October 15, 2020, 07:34:41 PM »
I haven't worn sweats other than to play or coach sports since college.   Just can't bring myself to wear than casually out of the house.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #9198 on: October 16, 2020, 09:59:05 AM »

That reminds me of a situation earlier this week. I went to Taco Bell (don't judge me). I ordered a burrito. I was not asked if I wanted hot sauce, but if I had been asked I would have answered "no." The bag I received contained the following: 1 burrito; 13 napkins; 19 packets of hot sauce. WTF? Seems a little excessive and tough on the budget.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #9199 on: October 16, 2020, 10:02:27 AM »
That reminds me of a situation earlier this week. I went to Taco Bell (don't judge me). I ordered a burrito. I was not asked if I wanted hot sauce, but if I had been asked I would have answered "no." The bag I received contained the following: 1 burrito; 13 napkins; 19 packets of hot sauce. WTF? Seems a little excessive and tough on the budget butthole.

FIFY
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow