[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by TallTitan34
[March 27, 2024, 10:20:50 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Hallmarq
[March 27, 2024, 09:09:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: NM  (Read 1893140 times)

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
Re: NM
« Reply #7550 on: October 28, 2019, 08:22:50 PM »
Plant-based ain't grain free, aina?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #7551 on: October 29, 2019, 08:55:06 AM »
Mrs. 82 was shocked to see that the Wonderful Wacky Without-meat Whopper had only 30 fewer calories than the regular one, and also a ton of fat. Her exact words: "What an effen scam."
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 10:29:17 AM by MU82 »
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #7552 on: October 29, 2019, 09:10:36 AM »
Mrs. 82 was shocked to see that the Wonderful Wacky Without-met Whopper had only 30 fewer calories than the regular one, and also a ton of fat. Her exact words: "What an effen scam."

Not to defend the fake meat stuff (I haven't tried it myself), but the kinds of calories and fats matter too.

I eat lots of calories and fats, but much of it comes from nuts, seeds, grains, full-fat dairy and such (all of which supplements plenty of veggies and fruits) so I have no problems with weight, cholesterol or triglyceride levels. And I never bother counting calories.

Now I better duck before stuff starts flying at me from the Arby's crowd....

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #7553 on: October 29, 2019, 09:18:43 AM »
Official Golf Bag of the NM Thread

But I like to throw handfuls...

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #7554 on: October 29, 2019, 09:20:16 AM »
Mrs. 82 was shocked to see that the Wonderful Wacky Without-met Whopper had only 30 fewer calories than the regular one, and also a ton of fat. Her exact words: "What an effen scam."

It's not a diet food. It's point is stop eating beef which is terribly inefficient to produce in terms of impact on the environment.
But I like to throw handfuls...

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #7555 on: October 29, 2019, 09:36:17 AM »
It's not a diet food. It's point is stop eating beef which is terribly inefficient to produce in terms of impact on the environment.

Not exactly.  The primary point is to increase market share.  If, in the process, it helps the environment and makes people feel good about themselves, wonderful, but that's marketing, not purpose.

But you're exactly right that it isn't a "diet" food, and plant-based alternatives... eschewing the chewing of beef isn't going to make you healthier; in fact, it could make things worse if you simply stop eating meat because it's the new diet fad (see: artificial sweeteners' effect on pancreatic function).  Nutrition is much more than "don't eat this, eat that," and it's no surprise that people who distill the concept of dieting into soundbites like that consistently fail in their endeavors for healthier eating.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #7556 on: October 29, 2019, 09:48:56 AM »
Plant-based ain't grain free, aina?

Dat's write. Reed yo labils, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #7557 on: October 29, 2019, 10:03:00 AM »
Without grains, we'd all probably be hunting and gathering right now.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #7558 on: October 29, 2019, 10:21:13 AM »

Not to defend the fake meat stuff (I haven't tried it myself), but the kinds of calories and fats matter too.

I eat lots of calories and fats, but much of it comes from nuts, seeds, grains, full-fat dairy and such (all of which supplements plenty of veggies and fruits) so I have no problems with weight, cholesterol or triglyceride levels. And I never bother counting calories.

Now I better duck before stuff starts flying at me from the Arby's crowd....

I back this up. My GF is fully keto and I do high fat low carb neither of us have issues at all. But it does matter that your body is fat adapted so it's actually metabolizing the big increase in fats.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #7559 on: October 29, 2019, 10:29:02 AM »
I back this up. My GF is fully keto and I do high fat low carb neither of us have issues at all. But it does matter that your body is fat adapted so it's actually metabolizing the big increase in fats.

"I'm not fat; I'm fat adapted."
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #7560 on: October 29, 2019, 10:29:58 AM »
https://kmox.radio.com/articles/news/burger-king-beef-whoppers-may-be-healthier-impossible

"A regular Whopper has 660 calories while the Impossible Whopper has 630 calories. The regular Whopper has 40 grams of fat compared to 34 grams of fat for the Impossible Whopper. So those are very similar."

The Whopper has 28 grams of protein compared to 25 for the Impossible Whopper.

"Now the difference again is in the carbohydrates and in the sodium," said Stafford.  "The carbohydrates in a regular Whopper are 49 whereas the Impossible Whopper has 58.  Usually when you're having something vegetarian, you're thinking it is made with vegetables and it is going to be lower in carbs.  But in this case, the Impossible Whopper is higher in carbohydrates."

And then there's the sodium content in the two burgers.

"The Whopper has 980 milligrams of sodium while the Impossible Whopper has 1240 milligrams," said Stafford. "The American Heart Association recommends no more than 2300 milligrams of sodium a day and with the Impossible Whopper, you're getting well over a thousand.  So the Impossible Whopper is half your day's worth of sodium, but that's ok. You can have that but make sure everything else you have the rest of the day is naturally low in sodium."

The bottom line according to SSM Health Registered Dietician Jessica Stafford?

"The Impossible Whopper is a good choice on the Burger King menu for someone who is a vegetarian," Stafford tells KMOX.  "There's not a whole lot of vegetarian options when you're going out for fast food."

"Research shows that a plant-based diet is good because it helps reduce your risk of heart disease, certain cancers, obesity, diabetes and cognitive decline. But unfortunately, the Impossible Whopper is very high in both fat and sodium. So when you are ordering the Impossible Whopper, just know that it is very high in fat. But what you can do to help improve the nutritional quality is to ask for it without mayo. They will do that and that will definitely cut the amount of fat in the Impossible Whopper."

Stafford says we need to remember the vegetarian patty in the Impossible Whopper is still a processed food, and processed foods, she says, are always high in sodium.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #7561 on: October 29, 2019, 10:37:07 AM »

Putting that sticker on the back of one of those electric scooters at grocery stores would be hilarious
Maigh Eo for Sam

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #7562 on: October 29, 2019, 10:53:28 AM »
Official Golf Bag of the NM Thread

Yo, scoopers.  Christmas is coming and Baby Jesus wants me to have this bag.  Just sayin'. 

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #7563 on: October 29, 2019, 10:55:41 AM »

Cant call em "pleasantly plump" anymore.

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #7564 on: October 29, 2019, 12:07:49 PM »
Things I don't "get": this board's obsession with Arby's. I know it's supposed to be tongue-in-cheek, but it's...what's the word... not funny? And it's been so far overdone it's basically a hunk of charcoal at this point

*ducks*
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #7565 on: October 29, 2019, 12:31:45 PM »
Things I don't "get": this board's obsession with Arby's. I know it's supposed to be tongue-in-cheek, but it's...what's the word... not funny?

Those are actually two words.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #7566 on: October 29, 2019, 12:46:29 PM »
Things I don't "get": this board's obsession with Arby's. I know it's supposed to be tongue-in-cheek, but it's...what's the word... not funny? And it's been so far overdone it's basically a hunk of charcoal at this point

*ducks*

Wrong thread.
https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=58801.0

🏀

• All American
« Reply #7567 on: October 29, 2019, 12:54:07 PM »

*ducks*

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #7568 on: October 29, 2019, 01:01:16 PM »

*ducks*

^ ban dis guy

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #7569 on: October 29, 2019, 01:09:26 PM »
Wrong thread.
https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=58801.0

I'm aware, I just thought it would carry more weight if it was preceded by people asking for an Arby's golf bag for Christmas. 
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #7570 on: October 29, 2019, 01:09:49 PM »
Signature:

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #7571 on: October 29, 2019, 01:10:22 PM »

Those are actually two words.

Ah! Foiled again
Signature:

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #7572 on: October 29, 2019, 01:15:59 PM »

*ducks*
Ban dis guy!!!
Goal is National Championship

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #7573 on: October 29, 2019, 01:35:20 PM »

*ducks*

Reported to moderator. 

Topper is gonna blow his stack.  Life is going to be suffering for old warrior code.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #7574 on: October 29, 2019, 01:36:40 PM »

*ducks*

I think it's funny when people tell others what they should (or shouldn't) think is funny.