[April 18, 2024, 09:34:43 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by TSmith34, Inc.
[April 18, 2024, 09:22:20 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[April 18, 2024, 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[April 18, 2024, 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: NM  (Read 1932609 times)

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
Re: NM
« Reply #7525 on: October 18, 2019, 10:22:56 AM »
Can I ask why?

In all honesty, what is with people and the sadistic pleasure they take in deliberately scaring their children around Halloween?

I wouldn't say I have a "sadistic pleasure" out of scaring my kids.  I want to expose them to all sorts of movies, of which this is one.  Frankly, as I said, I don't think they'll scare at all, as I've raised mindless zombie children hopped up on Arby's.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #7526 on: October 18, 2019, 10:40:12 AM »
I wouldn't say I have a "sadistic pleasure" out of scaring my kids.  I want to expose them to all sorts of movies, of which this is one.  Frankly, as I said, I don't think they'll scare at all, as I've raised mindless zombie children hopped up on Arby's.

I made an omelette this morning with nothing but the eggs, Boar's Head roast beef, and cheddar.  I call it the 4ever Arby's. 

Make one of those tomorrow morning... that will scare the shiite out of them.

But seriously... start with Gremlins.  Every bit as scary as a mainstream horror movie sans the gory violence with just enough comedy sprinkled in to keep them balanced.  And when you put them to bed, do the "bye bye, Billy" voice as you walk out of the room.  If they laugh, then you can take the next step with the scary movies.

If they yell at you, might as well get ready for what's to come: https://www.thedad.com/20-tell-tale-signs-your-child-is-a-goth/
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

oldwarrior81

• All American
« Reply #7527 on: October 18, 2019, 11:30:16 AM »
They've seen Ghostbusters.

Honestly .. over the years, there's been zero movies that .. impacted the kids.  They don't get over-excited like watching an Avengers movie might do .. they don't get scared either.   Aliens, Terminator 2 .. no impact.

I'm not sure they could be scared of a movie, like .. they know it's just a movie.  Which is sad.

Don't let anyone tell you the Arby's gene skips a generation.

So yeah, I wanna peg the needle for scientific reasons.

I'd think Blair Witch Project may leave a scar the next time they're walking outside in the dark.

Of course, I was on the edge of my seat whether The Great Pumpkin would ever show up for Linus.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #7528 on: October 18, 2019, 03:59:15 PM »

Have dey ceen "Deep Throat" orr "Debbie Does Dallas" yet, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #7529 on: October 18, 2019, 04:42:52 PM »

Have dey ceen "Deep Throat" orr "Debbie Does Dallas" yet, hey?

Of course...but not with 'Topper's knowledge or permission.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #7530 on: October 19, 2019, 11:06:41 AM »
Awesome story about Juan Anderson in today’s SF Chronicle. Great to see that he is living his dream, and appreciating every moment.

Congrats Juan!

https://www.sfchronicle.com/warriors/article/An-Oakland-native-Juan-Toscano-Anderson-soaks-up-14546508.php

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #7532 on: October 20, 2019, 03:12:06 PM »
Introducing the Cosmic Crisp apple:

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/national-international/Cosmic-Crisp-New-Apple-Debut-563456761.html?_osource=SocialFlowTwt_CHBrand&_osource=SocialFlowFB_CHBrand&fbclid=IwAR35mJVkInfQNyjjtZ7Var9ZLajIdd45WPNjO7hTmaW5_XQNHrRxUFxU4lE

Kinda interesting that it's the first new apple variety ever bred in Washington, given that the state is known for its apples.

Fortunately, SE Minnesota is full of great orchards, so I get locally grown apples much of the year...at least until they run out.

harryp

• Starter
« Reply #7533 on: October 20, 2019, 04:01:25 PM »
The undisputed champion, the most horror of all, was "Psycho". I went to so called "horror" films all the time, and laughed my way through them. Then a friend of mine who played college football and was huge returned from watching Psycho and said it had scared him and he couldn't sleep. I went to see it that night. By far the scariest movie ever. I was terrified. Not for the kiddies, or many adults.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #7534 on: October 20, 2019, 04:22:41 PM »
The undisputed champion, the most horror of all, was "Psycho". I went to so called "horror" films all the time, and laughed my way through them. Then a friend of mine who played college football and was huge returned from watching Psycho and said it had scared him and he couldn't sleep. I went to see it that night. By far the scariest movie ever. I was terrified. Not for the kiddies, or many adults.

I don’t know that I’d call that the scariest movie ever, but it is certainly one of the best horror movies ever.

Fun fact: the first time I saw it on the big screen was during MU freshman orientation at the Varsity.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #7535 on: October 20, 2019, 04:38:33 PM »

I don’t know that I’d call that the scariest movie ever, but it is certainly one of the best horror movies ever.

Fun fact: the first time I saw it on the big screen was during MU freshman orientation at the Varsity.

I remember. Double feature with Psycho II.  I was a GDL.
Have some patience, FFS.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #7536 on: October 20, 2019, 06:25:38 PM »
I remember. Double feature with Psycho II.  I was a GDL.

Fall of ‘80!!

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #7537 on: October 20, 2019, 08:12:32 PM »

Fall of ‘80!!

I guess they showed it more than once because I didn't arrive on campus myself until the Fall of 81.
Have some patience, FFS.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #7538 on: October 20, 2019, 08:27:12 PM »
I guess they showed it more than once because I didn't arrive on campus myself until the Fall of 81.

I must say I’m feeling better for not remembering them showing Psycho II.

harryp

• Starter
« Reply #7539 on: October 20, 2019, 09:19:44 PM »
You can never forget Psycho -- especially when taking a shower.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #7540 on: October 20, 2019, 09:41:59 PM »
Introducing the Cosmic Crisp apple:

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/national-international/Cosmic-Crisp-New-Apple-Debut-563456761.html?_osource=SocialFlowTwt_CHBrand&_osource=SocialFlowFB_CHBrand&fbclid=IwAR35mJVkInfQNyjjtZ7Var9ZLajIdd45WPNjO7hTmaW5_XQNHrRxUFxU4lE

I just read about that this morning. It sounds like a great apple. Can't wait till they're available nationwide.

I am almost addicted to honeycrisps; have one most mornings, along with a banana and peanut butter.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #7541 on: October 21, 2019, 08:23:21 AM »
I just read about that this morning. It sounds like a great apple. Can't wait till they're available nationwide.

I am almost addicted to honeycrisps; have one most mornings, along with a banana and peanut butter.

Honeycrisps are amazing. If the new apple is as good - or even nearly as good - as they say, it could be a good alternative. It could also help bring and keep the prices of honeycrisps down.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #7542 on: October 21, 2019, 11:19:51 AM »
Meanwhile in Minnesota....

We can all relax now that the "habitual runaway" emu has been returned to his owner and placed on house arrest.

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2019/10/20/habitual-runaway-emu-on-the-loose-in-central-minnesota

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #7543 on: October 27, 2019, 05:40:13 PM »

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #7544 on: October 27, 2019, 05:47:12 PM »

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #7545 on: October 28, 2019, 10:58:10 AM »
Have some patience, FFS.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #7546 on: October 28, 2019, 04:43:32 PM »
will arby's cave and join the "fake meat" crowd?  some are saying the fake chit may be the thing of the future-remember the crowd you're playing to-gen T??.  unless some study comes out saying that beyond meat, boca et.al. cause some type of fill in the blank malady, either you're in or you're out.  follow the money...say it ain't so

https://generationt.asia/ideas/why-the-future-is-full-of-fake-meat
don't...don't don't don't don't

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #7547 on: October 28, 2019, 05:04:43 PM »
will arby's cave and join the "fake meat" crowd?  some are saying the fake chit may be the thing of the future-remember the crowd you're playing to-gen T??.  unless some study comes out saying that beyond meat, boca et.al. cause some type of fill in the blank malady, either you're in or you're out.  follow the money...say it ain't so

https://generationt.asia/ideas/why-the-future-is-full-of-fake-meat

A few questions:

How reliable is any source ending in an ".asia" domain?

Why does one "cave" to join the fake meat crowd? 

Why call it "fake meat" instead of plant-based protein?

Why must you be "in or out," i.e. why can't you eat both?

It would seem to me that the more people you can move over to the plant-based product, the less demand there will be for the real thing, and thus, the lower prices will be on that precious, succulent pork belly.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #7548 on: October 28, 2019, 05:17:20 PM »
A few questions:

A few answers:

Rock solid.

For the same reason a snowflake "caves" to join an avalanche; inevitability.

Because the intent is to develop it as an alternative to meat.

You can, but eventually you won't.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #7549 on: October 28, 2019, 07:42:39 PM »
A few questions:

It would seem to me that the more people you can move over to the plant-based product, the less demand there will be for the real thing, and thus, the lower prices will be on that precious, succulent pork belly.

ok, i'll try-

love your last statement-win-win

asia domain? after googling is fake meat the future or something like that, it was the first one that came up and all i wanted to do was validate that "fake meat" is really in the same sentence as future.  upon scanning the article, i thought it had some interesting points.  AND, most importantly, it wasn't fox news.  i do venture away from fox news on occasion ;) sully

why does one have to cave?  well, i guess a carnivore would eat a manufactured steak if, 1)someone lied and put it in front of you, 2) to keep from gnawing off your other arm, 3) you want to get laid by the vegetarian super model across the table from you on your first date, 4) you forgot your dental floss 6) to win a million dollar bet

question? what the hell is spam? i know i know, saved many a college student budget for more beer money :D

calling it plant based protein is for sissies and it takes too long to say

eating both?  you know what they say about animal after it tastes blood, eyn'a?  plus, what do ya say to that supermodel you're working on when the "plant based protein" gives ya some serious gas-game over?
don't...don't don't don't don't

feedback