[Today at 07:56:19 AM]

2024-25 Outlook by WellsstreetWanderer
[April 25, 2024, 10:03:37 PM]

Campus camp-out with cool flags? by FreewaysBurnerAccount
[April 25, 2024, 04:52:25 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[April 25, 2024, 02:51:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: NM  (Read 1939714 times)

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys

JWags85

• All American
Re: NM
« Reply #10701 on: October 31, 2021, 10:48:09 PM »
I was at a bar once and the owner brought over a bottle of Malort, gave us shots.

It tasted like .. if you took fresh cut grass and blended it up with syrup.  Unique, but no thanks.

Thats one of the more generous descriptions Ive ever heard.  I always has had a weird taste of burnt rubber to me.

The cult of personality around it is so strange in Chicago.  Bartenders adore it.  I remember sitting at a popular bar in Old Town 5-6 years ago in the spring.  A friend of mine was visiting so we were sitting at the bar upstairs and chatting with the bartender.  We weren't hitting on her but she wasn't overly friendly or talkative.  Midway through the night, we decide to do a shot and ask for Malort since he had spent 5 years in Chicago but moved to LA a few years before for grad school and work and its not a thing there.  The change in her demeanor was remarkable.  Gave us the shots with a "absolutely!" and a smile and then was our buddy the rest of the night with multiple comped shots.  It was hilarious.  Had multiple other bartenders at more popular bars (not neighborhood dives) react like you were a friend of their cousin or the like once you ordered it.

Galway Eagle

• All American
Maigh Eo for Sam

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #10703 on: November 02, 2021, 02:57:17 PM »
This is like right out of the movie Taken. Insane that it actually happened

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/national-international/man-kills-daughters-boyfriend-for-allegedly-selling-her-into-sex-trafficking-police-say/2668110/?_osource=SocialFlowFB_CHBrand&fbclid=IwAR335SVqXn4bMnihR069nkAapa1eWqNQaqmEZjvjcokCxFqQzDqdHENqZ9Q

I'm very conflicted as to how I feel about that. On the one hand, it's murder. On the other hand...I have a daughter now, so yeah.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #10704 on: November 02, 2021, 03:12:04 PM »
I'm very conflicted as to how I feel about that. On the one hand, it's murder. On the other hand...I have a daughter now, so yeah.

I would take a jury trial if this happened to my daughter.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #10705 on: November 02, 2021, 03:35:05 PM »
I would take a jury trial if this happened to my daughter.

Yep.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #10706 on: November 02, 2021, 04:55:50 PM »
Probably an easy #1 seed.

99 Bananas
Black Haus

Round out my top 4.

On more than one occasion, I’ve polished off a bottle of 151 in one night with a friend.  Never had the experience of it coming back up, surprisingly. 

Worst 4:

4. Bottom shelf sparkling wine.  The bubbles are a problem

3.  Goldschlager

2.  Captain Morgan - use to be able to handle a 1.75 in an evening until I couldn’t.  The smell of spiced rum to this day is nauseating

1.  Bottom shelf tequila.  Top shelf?  I can shoot that until the cows come home.  Cheap margaritas or any cheap tequila concoction and me are going to fight at some point
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #10707 on: November 02, 2021, 07:13:38 PM »
On more than one occasion, I’ve polished off a bottle of 151 in one night with a friend.  Never had the experience of it coming back up, surprisingly. 

Worst 4:

3.  Goldschlager

2.  Captain Morgan - use to be able to handle a 1.75 in an evening until I couldn’t.  The smell of spiced rum to this day is nauseating

1.  Bottom shelf tequila.  Top shelf?  I can shoot that until the cows come home.  Cheap margaritas or any cheap tequila concoction and me are going to fight at some point

Joe?

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #10708 on: November 02, 2021, 07:14:56 PM »

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #10709 on: November 02, 2021, 10:32:11 PM »
Why aren't salsa jars wider, and shallower so it is easier to get the chip in and scoop out the last bits?

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #10710 on: November 02, 2021, 10:55:50 PM »
Why aren't salsa jars wider, and shallower so it is easier to get the chip in and scoop out the last bits?

Because making them wider and shallower would make it easier to get the chip in and scoop out the last bits.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #10711 on: November 03, 2021, 11:25:02 AM »

Worst 4:

3.  Goldschlager

Jesus.  This is way too much drinking.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #10712 on: November 03, 2021, 12:16:09 PM »

IKR?

Uncle Rico, may I introduce you to Bill W?
Have some patience, FFS.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #10713 on: November 03, 2021, 12:49:15 PM »

Worst 4:

3.  Goldschlager

Who could afford a bottle of Captain? It was Admiral Nelson back in those days! But yeah I second the issues with spiced rum, that sends shivers up my spine. Same with goldschlager from doing the liquid coccaine shots (shutters).

Can still do cheap tequila in a mix drink but can't smell it on its own as that was the first thing that ever came back up. Sticks with you.
Maigh Eo for Sam

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #10714 on: November 03, 2021, 01:44:12 PM »
I mean, yeah. .75l? Ok. But a 1.75l is approximately 40 shots.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #10715 on: November 03, 2021, 01:49:19 PM »
If I had a nickel for ever Rico post that threw people into a tizzy (or tried to)

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #10716 on: November 03, 2021, 03:34:10 PM »
If I had a nickel for ever Rico post that threw people into a tizzy (or tried to)

you could buy a case of  Captain Morgan?

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #10717 on: November 03, 2021, 05:24:38 PM »
Senior finals and Graduation week, my roommate and I were drinking around 10 double Captain and Cokes from our Murf's mugs (26 oz?) without batting an eye.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #10718 on: November 03, 2021, 05:38:28 PM »

Oh, I know.  I’m well aware of my past transgressions with the bottle(s).  Any attempt at such behavior now would result in a 3-4 day recovery period.  I look back in part amazement, part horror.  The lapses into such behavior tend to occur very infrequently and well short of said previous “accomplishments”

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #10719 on: November 03, 2021, 05:41:34 PM »
Who could afford a bottle of Captain? It was Admiral Nelson back in those days! But yeah I second the issues with spiced rum, that sends shivers up my spine. Same with goldschlager from doing the liquid coccaine shots (shutters).

Can still do cheap tequila in a mix drink but can't smell it on its own as that was the first thing that ever came back up. Sticks with you.

Captain was the occasional “treat”.  I have a soft spot for Goldschlager shots because of a personal experience with it but it only gets drunk on a very rare occasion. 

My tequila experience was waking up the next day and making coffee my frosh year in college.  As soon as the coffee entered the stomach, the tequila said hello and chaos ensued

🏀

• All American
« Reply #10720 on: November 03, 2021, 05:43:33 PM »
College kids got it made today with Liquid IV and Dripdrops.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #10721 on: November 03, 2021, 05:54:35 PM »
College kids got it made today with Liquid IV and Dripdrops.

Water, Gatorade, and pedialyte all existed.  People were just not responsible enough to consume them.  Same as DripDrop.  First time I prepared a drip drop after a night of long drinking in my early 30s...I forgot to drink it.  Hell, I used to fill up a camelback to hang next to my bed in my late 20s and still forgot to hydrate.

Semi-related, Ive had many terrible drinking experiences as most people do.  Multi-day hangovers even in my early 20s, some bad learning lessons about the multiplier effect, mixing every alcohol you shouldnt, Four Lokos...however Ive NEVER puked the morning after drinking.  Once or twice I woke up from light sleep in the middle of the night, but never the next morning or day.  Its really my only drinking superpower.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #10722 on: November 03, 2021, 06:09:09 PM »
St. Patrick's day 1985 was on a Sunday.  Everyone returning from spring break,  MU lost to IU in the NIT, finishing with 4 players on the floor due to fouls.  The night that caused by dislike of Jack.   Riding down from 7 on my way to History 002, the motion of the elevator engendered a mad dash to the bathroom in the lobby of Mc.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #10723 on: November 04, 2021, 06:24:26 AM »
Oh, I know.  I’m well aware of my past transgressions with the bottle(s).  Any attempt at such behavior now would result in a 3-4 day recovery period.  I look back in part amazement, part horror.  The lapses into such behavior tend to occur very infrequently and well short of said previous “accomplishments”

Whew, I was concerned this was ongoing an being treated as normal... lol.

grats on the moderation!

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #10724 on: November 04, 2021, 06:27:30 AM »
Water, Gatorade, and pedialyte all existed.  People were just not responsible enough to consume them.  Same as DripDrop.  First time I prepared a drip drop after a night of long drinking in my early 30s...I forgot to drink it.  Hell, I used to fill up a camelback to hang next to my bed in my late 20s and still forgot to hydrate.

Semi-related, Ive had many terrible drinking experiences as most people do.  Multi-day hangovers even in my early 20s, some bad learning lessons about the multiplier effect, mixing every alcohol you shouldnt, Four Lokos...however Ive NEVER puked the morning after drinking.  Once or twice I woke up from light sleep in the middle of the night, but never the next morning or day.  Its really my only drinking superpower.

Lucky guy.  It's been some time, but I was always more likely to toss my cookies the next day.  ALWAYS felt better afterwards though.  Brush your teeth and get some Taco Bell with Mountain Dew... and you'll feel like new.