collapse

* Recent Posts

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 03:24:20 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:13 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by BrewCity83
[Today at 03:23:55 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Uncle Rico
[Today at 03:05:12 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by tower912
[Today at 02:40:05 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by Jay Bee
[Today at 02:05:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Marvel Cinematic Universe  (Read 71238 times)

Galway Eagle

• All American
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe
« Reply #150 on: April 28, 2019, 11:06:06 AM »
The irony since the group raising the biggest two stinks out there, are in fact snowflakes.  But me being a feminist and all, I support their beef.  The other major pandering scene earlier in the movie, well whatever....

Literally no idea what this is supposed to mean.
---------

Look I didn't mean to turn this into a thread about snowflakes and SJW stuff. I was just saying how forced it was and seemed to be a bit too obvious of pandering IMO. Essentially it was lazy compared to the scene in Infinity War with Black Widow Scarlett Witch & Okoye which was just as effective at showing those characters in action being awesome but worked with the flow of the movie.

I can't speak to the other forced stuff Chicos is referring to.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 11:28:27 AM by Galway Eagle »
Maigh Eo for Sam

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #151 on: April 28, 2019, 11:11:56 AM »

Guessing he's talking about the acknowledgment of gay human beings. Wasn't a big part of the story at all and was dropped in very casually, but it's the kind of thing that tends to bundle undies.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #152 on: April 28, 2019, 02:22:51 PM »
Just came from Endgame.  Loved it,  Ties everything together and yet leaves everything open. How Marvelish!
Interestingly, Marvel is saying the Spiderman movie in July is the end of Phase 3 not Endgame.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #153 on: April 28, 2019, 02:33:09 PM »
---------

Look I didn't mean to turn this into a thread about snowflakes and SJW stuff. I was just saying how forced it was and seemed to be a bit too obvious of pandering IMO. Essentially it was lazy compared to the scene in Infinity War with Black Widow Scarlett Witch & Okoye which was just as effective at showing those characters in action being awesome but worked with the flow of the movie.

It means he was implying I was a snowflake when if you read the press on who is most upset about the scene in question is from Feminists railing on it.....that’s the irony.  The truly “aggrieved”.  And yes, it was forced, patronizing, pandered, etc.....but I enjoyed the movie very much....it just wasn’t needed the same as several other scenes.  Another snowflake group is all wound up and pissed off about Black Panther in that same scene.....whatever.  The other forced scene was admitted to by the director as purposely forcing it so they could make a societal call because you know...Marvel comics is where we all get woke...when they admit to forcing it in there, I just take them at their word that they are being truthful....forced.  Great movie, can do without the forcing of stuff when feels nd looks forced, so much so that the very groups of people that they are supposed to be paying homage are ticked off in how they did it....backfired.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

reinko

• All American
« Reply #154 on: April 28, 2019, 04:46:12 PM »
Backfired to the tune of earning 1.2 billion in its opening weekend  ::) ::) ::) ::)

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #155 on: April 28, 2019, 05:16:46 PM »
Backfired to the tune of earning 1.2 billion in its opening weekend  ::) ::) ::) ::)

Mediocre, aina?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #156 on: April 28, 2019, 06:42:52 PM »
Cheeks, there is always 'Breakthrough' and 'Unplanned'.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #157 on: April 28, 2019, 07:02:24 PM »
It means he was implying I was a snowflake when if you read the press on who is most upset about the scene in question is from Feminists railing on it.....that’s the irony.  The truly “aggrieved”.  And yes, it was forced, patronizing, pandered, etc.....but I enjoyed the movie very much....it just wasn’t needed the same as several other scenes.  Another snowflake group is all wound up and pissed off about Black Panther in that same scene.....whatever.  The other forced scene was admitted to by the director as purposely forcing it so they could make a societal call because you know...Marvel comics is where we all get woke...when they admit to forcing it in there, I just take them at their word that they are being truthful....forced.  Great movie, can do without the forcing of stuff when feels nd looks forced, so much so that the very groups of people that they are supposed to be paying homage are ticked off in how they did it....backfired.

TL/DR But someone looks triggered lol.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #158 on: April 29, 2019, 08:54:23 AM »
Guessing he's talking about the acknowledgment of gay human beings. Wasn't a big part of the story at all and was dropped in very casually, but it's the kind of thing that tends to bundle undies.

Nope, and why would I?  People in my family are gay, some of my employees are gay, dear friends of mine gay....I was in a gay wedding this past Summer.  You couldn't be more wrong.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #159 on: April 29, 2019, 08:55:39 AM »

Of course, fun movie enjoyed it very much.  Threw down many ducats myself.  It could have been an even better movie, but you know....boxes needed to be checked to addressed the outraged.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #160 on: April 29, 2019, 09:20:26 AM »
Of course, fun movie enjoyed it very much.  Threw down many ducats myself.  It could have been an even better movie, but you know....boxes needed to be checked to addressed the outraged.

I'll say, you are really going awfully far out of your way to be upset about this movie. Nothing feels more forced than your reaction.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #161 on: April 29, 2019, 10:05:25 AM »
I'll say, you are really going awfully far out of your way to be upset about this movie. Nothing feels more forced than your reaction.
you sound surprised. He always seems to me to be "that guy"

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #162 on: April 29, 2019, 10:17:58 AM »
you sound surprised. He always seems to me to be "that guy"

Not surprised, but it is tiresome. Not something to address in here without spoilers.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #164 on: April 30, 2019, 08:23:27 PM »
---------

I also consider myself a feminist, but I think Hollywood could use a lesson in subtlety. 

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #165 on: May 01, 2019, 06:44:29 AM »
Just watched the movie last night and absolutely loved it, not sure I could find a single complaint about it.

I will say this about the "gay" scene that some seem upset about here, the fact that anyone reacts to that scene or finds it remarkable in anyway is exactly why that kind of casual reference needs to be in a movie like this. It should be totally unremarkable that someone in the MCU is gay and goes on dates, so why is it so disconcerting that such a scene exists? Especially when it's done in such a casual and unforced way? I bet you there are some that didn't even notice
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #166 on: May 02, 2019, 01:07:29 AM »
I also consider myself a feminist, but I think Hollywood could use a lesson in subtlety.

At what point does one go from being a feminist to being a male lesbian?
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #167 on: May 02, 2019, 05:22:32 AM »

Well, never as long as you understand the definition.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #168 on: May 02, 2019, 07:47:11 AM »

I 100% support male lesbians
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #169 on: June 03, 2019, 05:10:59 AM »
so whats the deal with xmen? because of the buyout of fox will disney incorporate them into the MCU? 
Maigh Eo for Sam

MU82

• All American
« Reply #170 on: June 03, 2019, 07:39:38 AM »
I 100% support male lesbians

Male Lesbian Man/Woman

Sounds like the next MCU character!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #171 on: June 03, 2019, 08:35:12 AM »
so whats the deal with xmen? because of the buyout of fox will disney incorporate them into the MCU?

Yes, but I don't think until later in Phase 4. I expect that Deadpool will be the bridge to bring the X-Men into MCU

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #172 on: June 03, 2019, 09:44:34 AM »
From what I read there is no word yet what Disney will do with X-Men and if/when they will introduce into the MCU.

I read that someone wants to introduce Deadpool into Spiderman 3 (there is a Deadpool & Spiderman Comic), but that Sony was pushing for Tom Hardy's Venom to be introduced instead. 

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #173 on: June 03, 2019, 02:19:37 PM »
I look forward to the incorporation of X-Men into the MCU; however, how the hell are they going to solve the Maximoff quandry?
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #174 on: June 03, 2019, 03:31:51 PM »
I look forward to the incorporation of X-Men into the MCU; however, how the hell are they going to solve the Maximoff quandry?

Multiverse?

feedback