collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Marvel Cinematic Universe  (Read 71224 times)

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe
« Reply #125 on: April 03, 2019, 08:43:47 AM »
I got tickets for Sunday around noon showing.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #126 on: April 04, 2019, 10:51:53 AM »
ENDGAME PLOT PROGNOSTICATIONS... not spoilers, simply predictions of how things might shake out in Endgame.

1) Nobody actually died in Infinity War... Thanos simply created a new reality (like he did on Knowhere, but a much grander scale), perhaps even a new universe, and sent half the people to the other one.

- Historically, Thanos just went around halving populations the old fashioned way.  While it may have been time-consuming, all he needed was the power and space stones (the former which he had before the movie even started, and the latter which he gained during the opening credits) and it would have sped the process up significantly (soul stone might have helped, too).  So why go to the trouble of getting the reality, time and mind stones - further, how do those stones help with halving the population?  Perhaps his moral compass caught up with him?

2) The "did you do it" scene near the end of Infinity War... contrary to popular belief, I don't think it was a dream sequence.  After the snappening, Thanos went back in time, perhaps to regain the years of life he spent carrying out his vision.

Either way, somehow the MCU needs to set itself up for the next band.  Seems that the multiverse is the way to go these days.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #127 on: April 11, 2019, 01:22:11 PM »
Captain Marvel was just ho-hum for me.  Toward the lower end of MCU movies.  Brie Larson's acting isn't as polished and natural feeling to me as many of the other actors, not feeling that fit with her.  The background build up of the character was there I think though, just came about different because of her not having many memories in the early part of the movie.  I liked discovering them with her and figuring things out as we went along (I tried VERY hard not to get spoilers for once, so I went in dark).

I also think they could have played up the 90's more and had more fun with it.  The blockbuster and CD-ROM stuff was fun, but felt ubiquitous.  I feel like GoTG did a better job making me feel the 80's than CM did with the 90's.  Needed more stuff like the "I'm just a girl" fight scene music.

If anyone is interested, I have 3 tickets to Endgame that I am not using (we decided to go to a later showing) and will get a refund on soon if no one wants to purchase them from me.  They are dead center seats at the Marcus North Shore Ultrascreen on April 27th at 11am. Seats G12, 13, 14.     G11-14 are literally best seats in the house and G11 is still available on Marcus' website if you wanted 4 seats together.   

Message me with an offer if interested (should this actually be in the trading post??).  I'm not looking to make a ton of money off of it, but thought if I could hook someone up with great seats who'd appreciate them and make a few bucks, why not?   ::)      (Cash/Venmo/and stating that my ranking of the MCU movies earlier in this thread is perfect are the only forms of payment I'll take)

« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 01:29:01 PM by UWW2MU »

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #128 on: April 25, 2019, 09:24:00 AM »
wow. Incredible movie.

FYI don't stay through the credits.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 10:43:15 AM by Galway Eagle »
Maigh Eo for Sam

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #129 on: April 25, 2019, 10:48:31 AM »
wow. Incredible movie.

Great movie. Can't believe it was just all a drug induced dream of Derek Lutz.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #130 on: April 25, 2019, 12:54:30 PM »

Can I get a confirm on that?  My 10 year old won't budge until there's no hope of an additional credit scene.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #131 on: April 25, 2019, 12:57:00 PM »
Can I get a confirm on that?  My 10 year old won't budge until there's no hope of an additional credit scene.

100% confirmation, stayed through the credits and till the lights were on.

Great movie. Can't believe it was just all a drug induced dream of Derek Lutz.

Was shocked by the role batman and superman played in it
Maigh Eo for Sam

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #132 on: April 25, 2019, 01:45:49 PM »
Many news outlets are reporting there is not post credit scene.  However, they're making mentions similar to this:

"However, there is something at the end of the movie, after the credits roll. It's not a scene, it's a sound. I won't tell you what it is. Only the most diehard fans will want to stick around to hear it. Somehow, this sound teases what's to come in Phase 4 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe."

So now I feel like I'm going to be stuck sitting for something that's done really fast.  Maybe I'll just check it out after the fact.  Will probably depend on the status of my bladder.     

haha, I said "depend" when talking about my bladder!  ohhh, classic...

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #133 on: April 25, 2019, 03:05:48 PM »
Not sure why Disney isn't taking this as an opportunity to sell a Marvel-branded catheter
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #134 on: April 25, 2019, 04:28:31 PM »
Not sure why Disney isn't taking this as an opportunity to sell a Marvel-branded catheter

This just made my afternoon!

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #135 on: April 25, 2019, 10:16:48 PM »
Endgame is excellent. Amazed how it brought so many different threads & characters together. It touches on aspects of Marvel & the MCU (not the same thing) I never would've imagined. It made me laugh often, brought tears to my eyes, and elicited cheers from the crowd. It focuses on the original characters while also highlighting the growing diverse ensemble of heroes. And while the main storyline is definitely the focus, it drops hints to some characters that will be more important in Phase 4 and beyond. I can't recommend it highly enough.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #136 on: April 27, 2019, 11:30:25 PM »
For someone like myself who strongly disliked Infinity Wars, End Game is a near masterpiece. The third (final) act is the eff’n payoff of payoffs. They couldn’t have done that final act any better, Bravo.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #137 on: April 28, 2019, 02:46:10 AM »
NM was going to ask for opinions on a scene that seemed to be pandering to a demographic and not actually flow with the movie at that moment. but probably too soon to include specifics.

Comment if you know what I'm referring to and your opinion.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 09:33:56 AM by Galway Eagle »
Maigh Eo for Sam

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #138 on: April 28, 2019, 08:04:45 AM »
Great movie.   I kinda wish I hadn't known the length before I sat down, as you're looking at your watch knowing it's x% done. 

Lots of jokes in the movie .. maybe a few too many, sometimes they seemed tacked on.   Very much loved Thor in this, though.

The did a nice job with .. details.  At the end, you'll think "why did X happen" or "what happened to Y" .. but you think it through, and they did it right.  Lots of other movies have plot elements that aren't well thought out .. not this movie. 

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #139 on: April 28, 2019, 09:28:45 AM »
This movie should absolutely get nominated for Best Picture at next year’s Oscars. For a film that had massive expectations going in, exceeded them, and moves you through the emotions that it does, I was blown away. I wouldn’t categorize it as an action movie either, it’s much more a drama/comedy. There should also be a best actor nominee and a best supporting actress nominee from this film.

I’m not giving anything away, but the closing credits are perfection.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #140 on: April 28, 2019, 09:36:03 AM »
Saw it last night.  Enjoyed it.  Had lots of SJW stuff for those folks that need it forced into everything, but otherwise very entertaining.  I only have really one open question related to Thor’s hammer and where is it now?

Don’t bother staying through the credits, no reveals in this one except for an audio clue at the very end.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #141 on: April 28, 2019, 09:37:51 AM »
I’m not giving anything away, but the closing credits are perfection.

Damnit .. so we saw it at our local theater and they made a couple of announcements before letting us in, including "there are no cut scenes in the end credits, so you can leave right away."      .. They need the time to clean up, so they really want people to leave quickly.   So we left.

So .. what was interesting about the credits?

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #142 on: April 28, 2019, 09:39:36 AM »
NM was going to ask for opinions on a scene that seemed to be pandering to a demographic and not actually flow with the movie at that moment. but probably too soon to include specifics.

Comment if you know what I'm referring to and your opinion.

There was forced pandering in several areas, I just accept the nonsense now because it so forced that even my daughter after the movie was like why do they have to make some of it so obvious, but we all enjoyed the movie overall despite.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #143 on: April 28, 2019, 09:49:47 AM »
Damnit .. so we saw it at our local theater and they made a couple of announcements before letting us in, including "there are no cut scenes in the end credits, so you can leave right away."      .. They need the time to clean up, so they really want people to leave quickly.   So we left.

So .. what was interesting about the credits?

I guess it depends exactly when you left. There’s no scenes, when the movie exactly ends, they show production credits, and then the there’s a 2-3 minute montage of every actor who played a significant role, and then the score changes to the Avengers theme and each original Avenger has the actors autograph come up with their credit name. You may have seen it, but to me, after sitting through an emotional roller coaster for 3 hours, it was a goosebumps moment and a cool and unique way to end the film.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #144 on: April 28, 2019, 10:13:40 AM »
I guess it depends exactly when you left. There’s no scenes, when the movie exactly ends, they show production credits, and then the there’s a 2-3 minute montage of every actor who played a significant role, and then the score changes to the Avengers theme and each original Avenger has the actors autograph come up with their credit name. You may have seen it, but to me, after sitting through an emotional roller coaster for 3 hours, it was a goosebumps moment and a cool and unique way to end the film.

Yes, agree with that part.  Then the credits continue for another 5 minutes before the smithing sound.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #145 on: April 28, 2019, 10:19:11 AM »
There was forced pandering in several areas, I just accept the nonsense now because it so forced that even my daughter after the movie was like why do they have to make some of it so obvious, but we all enjoyed the movie overall despite.

It only bothers if you let it.  Grow thicker skin, and don’t let things bother you.  (Here is where you say, it doesn’t bother me personally yadda yadda, but deep down it actually does).

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #146 on: April 28, 2019, 10:27:07 AM »
It only bothers if you let it.  Grow thicker skin, and don’t let things bother you.  (Here is where you say, it doesn’t bother me personally yadda yadda, but deep down it actually does).

People don't mention things that don't bother them. Snowflakes.

Definitely agree with Dish regarding Best Picture. It was the most successful epic production I can recall since Titanic. It made me laugh, but wasn't a comedy. It made me cry, but wasn't a tragedy. It pulled at heartstrings, but wasn't a romance. Amazing how they wove so much emotion into one film. I haven't talked to anyone who didn't love it so far.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #147 on: April 28, 2019, 10:32:00 AM »

That’s fine....I enjoyed the movie....the forced pandering is lame and takes away from it being an even better movie that I am paying for with my money.   Pretty simple.  It was 90% great, 10% SJW nonsense which was not needed and totally forced so Disney can touch all the SJW bonafides.  It was eye rolling in those moments, and didn’t have to be....but someone had to check a few boxes in the script, God Forbid. 

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #148 on: April 28, 2019, 10:36:40 AM »
People don't mention things that don't bother them. Snowflakes.

The irony since the group raising the biggest two stinks out there, are in fact snowflakes.  But me being a feminist and all, I support their beef.  The other major pandering scene earlier in the movie, well whatever....

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #149 on: April 28, 2019, 10:47:29 AM »
The irony since the group raising the biggest two stinks out there, are in fact snowflakes.  But me being a feminist and all, I support their beef.  The other major pandering scene earlier in the movie, well whatever....

I don't think you know what a snowflake is. And one thing I'm adamant on, no man should call himself a feminist. We don't have the authority to make that determination.

feedback