[April 25, 2024, 09:43:05 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Uncle Rico
[April 25, 2024, 05:51:25 PM]

Campus camp-out with cool flags? by FreewaysBurnerAccount
[April 25, 2024, 04:52:25 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[April 25, 2024, 02:51:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Where to drink on Friday  (Read 11461 times)

#UnleashSean

• All American
Where to drink on Friday
« on: March 13, 2017, 07:06:53 AM »
I made the outrageous mistake of telling a girl I'd go out with her on St Patrick's day two weeks ago. Something about our anniversary from the first time we went out..... Anyways I refuse to party during St Patrick's day/watch mu at a God dammed Fridays like I did the first time we went out for St Patrick's day.

So best place to drink and watch marquette go for it all?

Edit forgot to mention. Milwaukee area
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 07:30:15 AM by #UnleashRowsey »

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
Re: Where to drink on Friday
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 07:09:53 AM »
Skip the Marquette game. Go for it all with the girl.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 07:13:49 AM »

Shut your mouth, Headband . There will be other girls.

Unleash, if she really cared about you, she would let you watch the game.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 07:15:43 AM by warriorchick »
Have some patience, FFS.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 07:23:07 AM »

Glow, you are a lucky, lucky man.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2017, 07:23:31 AM »
Connolly's Irish Pub, Greenville, SC

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2017, 07:25:30 AM »
Nope. Not a chance.

Ohhhhh don't worry about that part. I'll be watching

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2017, 01:07:26 PM »
Had a first date with a girl the night of the MU/Pitt game in 2003. Before the game, a buddy of mine said that he had free tickets to the Regional Final and if Marquette won, one of the tickets was mine. We went to the Milwaukee Ale House and I spent pretty much the entire night fixated on the game, cheering madly since I knew I'd be in Minneapolis if we won.

Suffice to say, we won, I went to Minneapolis to watch Marquette beat #1 Kentucky two days later behind D-Wade's triple-double, and I never talked to the girl again. Don't even remember her name. But some things are more important than a date, and watching Marquette is one of those things.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2017, 01:14:00 PM »
Had a first date with a girl the night of the MU/Pitt game in 2003. Before the game, a buddy of mine said that he had free tickets to the Regional Final and if Marquette won, one of the tickets was mine. We went to the Milwaukee Ale House and I spent pretty much the entire night fixated on the game, cheering madly since I knew I'd be in Minneapolis if we won.

Suffice to say, we won, I went to Minneapolis to watch Marquette beat #1 Kentucky two days later behind D-Wade's triple-double, and I never talked to the girl again. Don't even remember her name. But some things are more important than a date, and watching Marquette is one of those things.

Great story, brew.

My freshman year, a friend asked if I'd rather get down with this girl I was into or see Marquette win another national title. Under the hypothetical scenario, I could only choose one.

Obviously, I chose Marquette.

There will always be another lady (or gentleman, for the chicks out there). There won't always be another national title - and so far, there hasn't been!

For true fans of teams, this is one of the easiest what-if scenarios in the world. And I agree with chick ... if the girl really cares for the guy, she'll understand. If not ... hasta la vista, baby!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

fjm

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2017, 01:15:30 PM »
Yeah I'm certainly looking for somewhere to watch. I'll be out all day pacing myself with whiskey. But want to escape the downtown pattys day party scene so I can actually watch with MU fans and hear the game.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2017, 01:18:42 PM »
I made the outrageous mistake of telling a girl I'd go out with her on St Patrick's day two weeks ago. Something about our anniversary from the first time we went out..... Anyways I refuse to party during St Patrick's day/watch mu at a God dammed Fridays like I did the first time we went out for St Patrick's day.

From her room.

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2017, 01:21:23 PM »

You go to Fridays for St. Patrick's Day?

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2017, 01:48:53 PM »
I've always had fun watching games at Goolsby's downtown. Food is decent, and they have more TVs than most bars in that area. I think Bar Louie usually has a decent crowd for the tournament too, and they have a much better beer selection. If I recall correctly, I think they even have a projector that will most likely show the MU game Friday night.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2017, 01:54:32 PM »

It's better than going to T.G.I. McScratchy's, where they'll be celebrating New Year's Eve this Friday.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2017, 02:04:29 PM »
ABV social in Tosa is solid. Should have sound on for the games. They have a ton of TVS. Would recommend getting there early to get a spot in the bar. Same with Brewski's. Two vastly different atmospheres, though.

Otherwise anywhere downtown or near MU campus I'm sure would be a safe bet.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2017, 02:22:33 PM »

It uhhhh... It uhhhh...... It wasn't my pick. 2 years ago called her up and asked if she wanted to go out for st paddys day. Since I didn't know the area where she lived well (Brookfield) I asked her where she wanted to go. She said she knew a great bar there and we would go. As I follow her directions I find that we had just entered a fridays. I started having uncontrollable laughter in the car.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2017, 02:32:02 PM »
It uhhhh... It uhhhh...... It wasn't my pick. 2 years ago called her up and asked if she wanted to go out for st paddys day. Since I didn't know the area where she lived well (Brookfield) I asked her where she wanted to go. She said she knew a great bar there and we would go. As I follow her directions I find that we had just entered a fridays. I started having uncontrollable laughter in the car.

A single lady who lives in Brookfield? What did you expect? Young, fun singles don't live in the suburbs.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2017, 03:19:35 PM »
So much wrong in this thread.  Rowhey, go watch the game and tell her you'll enjoy over afterwards.  Snapchat her a dick pic or 2 throughout the day.  She'll be there waiting for ya.

Wait.  What's that, you said? She's a bucky fan?  Oh, $hit ty, you're screwed.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2017, 03:20:59 PM »
My rule of thumb is if you start to see PDQ gas stations, you're in Badger country. Best avoid.

Rudy

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2017, 03:38:14 PM »
My timing was perfect in 2003...my divorce started about February 1, 2003. When the Tourney started, I went to Indy, then Minneapolis and then New Orleans.

Met a nice girl in New Orleans...Sort of glad I did not bring my own...So go to the Tourney and you will meet a nice girl.

Having said all of that I can't go to South Carolina due to a family wedding...bummer.

B

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2017, 04:31:03 PM »
So much wrong in this thread.  Rowhey, go watch the game and tell her you'll enjoy over afterwards.  Snapchat her a dick pic or 2 throughout the day.  She'll be there waiting for ya.

Wait.  What's that, you said? She's a bucky fan?  Oh, $hit ty, you're screwed.

URowsey, don't do this.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2017, 08:21:05 PM »
URowsey, don't do this.

Haha it seemed like a bad idea

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2017, 08:23:57 PM »
Haha it seemed like a bad idea

I don't have bad ideas.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2017, 10:01:07 PM »

For the record, I met Mrs. Headband 10 years ago during the tournament weekend.  Marquette lost Thursday in the debacle vs Michigan State.  That freed me and my buddies (even the Badger fans) to go out on Saturday night, which was St. Patrick's Day.

Friday we went to a fish fry.  One of my friends invited out a girl he knew from religious retreats in high school and he kept in touch with her off and on throughout the years.  She had just moved to Madison 2 months prior.  He was interested in her but she didn't feel the same.  She wasn't going to come out but he persisted until she said ok.  He also invited her to hang out after dinner but she declined.

We needed to take two cars to dinner since not everyone could fit in one car.  Someone needed to ride with my friend, who was going to pick up this girl.  I volunteered.  She came out in jeans and a sweatshirt, no make up.

Fast forward to dinner, I see this girl making flirty glances in my direction.  She tells my friend she had changed her mind and she would join us afterward but she wanted to go home first.  When she came over later, she had changed her clothes and done her makeup.  She was really interested in what our plans were for St. Patrick's Day.  Told her we were bar hopping, she said great; she and her friends were going out too and maybe they could meet up with us.

Saturday was when Mrs. Headband and I really started to hit it off.  Had Marquette been playing, the guys and I would either stayed in to watch the game vs UNC or found a bar to watch the game.  I would have been 100% focused on the game.  I wouldn't have said 2 words to my future wife.  That is why my advice is to skip the game if there is a girl involved.  There will always be more tournament games.  Don't let the girl be the one who got away.

Luckily, Mrs. Headband really likes watching basketball.  She even suggested watching tourney games on our first date, which was the following Saturday.  So if URowsey really wants to go for it and watch the Marquette game with this girl, then good luck.  In that case, might as well watch at the Annex and hit up Real Chili afterward.  If she goes for that, then you need to PROPOSE!

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2017, 01:00:12 AM »
For the record, I met Mrs. Headband 10 years ago during the tournament weekend.  Marquette lost Thursday in the debacle vs Michigan State.  That freed me and my buddies (even the Badger fans) to go out on Saturday night, which was St. Patrick's Day.

Friday we went to a fish fry.  One of my friends invited out a girl he knew from religious retreats in high school and he kept in touch with her off and on throughout the years.  She had just moved to Madison 2 months prior.  He was interested in her but she didn't feel the same.  She wasn't going to come out but he persisted until she said ok.  He also invited her to hang out after dinner but she declined.

We needed to take two cars to dinner since not everyone could fit in one car.  Someone needed to ride with my friend, who was going to pick up this girl.  I volunteered.  She came out in jeans and a sweatshirt, no make up.

Fast forward to dinner, I see this girl making flirty glances in my direction.  She tells my friend she had changed her mind and she would join us afterward but she wanted to go home first.  When she came over later, she had changed her clothes and done her makeup.  She was really interested in what our plans were for St. Patrick's Day.  Told her we were bar hopping, she said great; she and her friends were going out too and maybe they could meet up with us.

Saturday was when Mrs. Headband and I really started to hit it off.  Had Marquette been playing, the guys and I would either stayed in to watch the game vs UNC or found a bar to watch the game.  I would have been 100% focused on the game.  I wouldn't have said 2 words to my future wife.  That is why my advice is to skip the game if there is a girl involved.  There will always be more tournament games.  Don't let the girl be the one who got away.

Luckily, Mrs. Headband really likes watching basketball.  She even suggested watching tourney games on our first date, which was the following Saturday.  So if URowsey really wants to go for it and watch the Marquette game with this girl, then good luck.  In that case, might as well watch at the Annex and hit up Real Chili afterward.  If she goes for that, then you need to PROPOSE!

Im down for it all, except...

If she goes for that, then you need to PROPOSE!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2017, 09:34:20 AM »
Just marry a Marquette girl and this stuff works itself out. I have to work Friday so my wife will be holding a table for me at the schoolyard, arriving at about noon. She'll be 4 or 5 beers ahead of me by my arrival. She's a catch.