[April 24, 2024, 09:57:20 PM]

Best case scenarios by We R Final Four
[April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by WhiteTrash
[April 24, 2024, 07:58:02 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[April 24, 2024, 04:09:20 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Where to drink on Friday  (Read 11460 times)

tower912

• All American
Re: Where to drink on Friday
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2017, 07:13:29 PM »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2017, 07:17:30 PM »
My wife is a big Marquette fan.  My wife is also a big Wisconsin fan.  She went to neither school.  She will wear Marquette gear when they play one another, although I'm not sure exactly who she is cheering for.

I have stopped trying to figure this out long ago and it's just one of those things I don't ask questions about.
I married one of those too.  She's a Ewwdub hyphen alum.  However, when we go to the game in Madison, and sit with my bil, who is former prez of UW Alum assoc., she wears blue and gold. 

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2017, 08:10:56 PM »
I was debating Schoolyard as well. You really think noon's gonna be necessary to get a table? The St. Patrick's Day element throws a big wrench into things. As does me wanting to be sober enough to appreciate the game.

No clue if it's necessary. It was my wife's idea. She wanted to day drink with one of her girlfriends to hold the table. Like I said, keeper
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 08:13:28 PM by Coleman »

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2017, 10:34:08 PM »
You are setting yourself up for a date rape charge right there. And there would be witnesses who can testify that you asked them to help you.

That, and when you published your plan on the internet for all to see days in advance, it would be premeditated.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2017, 08:46:37 AM »
it definitely sounds sketchy, and I'd never ask a waiter or bartender to make me weaker drinks and a woman stronger drinks...but to get charged with date rape, you have to, ya know, actually rape someone. I didn't see that suggested anywhere here, in fact sleeping with her was never mentioned either. So let's move on. Back to MU

And like I said, if you just marry a MU girl, you don't need to be sneaky about watching the game. She'll make the plans based around the game. Seriously guys, its worth it.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 08:52:26 AM by Coleman »

fjm

• All American
« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2017, 08:51:49 AM »
This thread is amazing.

I would just get a mini earbud in your ear and Bluetooth the game. Then she'll never know!

Or come to jacksons blue ribbon pub man!

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2017, 08:54:27 AM »
First year I was dating Ms. Dgies, we went to dinner at Pieces of Eight on the Waterfront in Milwaukee. She was, of course, a Marquette girl but is not a big Marquette basketball fan.

It was snowing cats and dogs that night and we had a lovely dinner at 5:30 p.m. Everything was going fine and the dinner was certainly about 10 steps up from Saga.

We finished about 7:00 p.m., and sought a cab back to campus. Because of the snow there was none. So, we managed to get the Number 10 bus down Wisconsin Avenue. About Fourth Street I pulled the cord and said, "let's go!" She looked at me funny and said, "where are we going," until we got off the bus (which had fogged windows) and started walking north. As we approached the Arena, she looked at me and said, sarcastically, "this is my birthday.... NOT YOUR'S!"

A good time was had by all. And, yes, like most of the time in those days, Marquette won handily.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2017, 09:03:31 AM »
Shoulda gone instead ta watch da submarine races down by Bradford Beach one time, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Goose

• All American
« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2017, 09:16:21 AM »
dgies

Great story. I married a similar MU girl and she has tagged along to a lot of MU games over the years, both home and away. In addition, she has "allowed" me to go on some of the best road game trips ever, while she watched the kids.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2017, 09:29:10 AM »
First year I was dating Ms. Dgies, we went to dinner at Pieces of Eight on the Waterfront in Milwaukee. She was, of course, a Marquette girl but is not a big Marquette basketball fan.

It was snowing cats and dogs that night and we had a lovely dinner at 5:30 p.m. Everything was going fine and the dinner was certainly about 10 steps up from Saga.

We finished about 7:00 p.m., and sought a cab back to campus. Because of the snow there was none. So, we managed to get the Number 10 bus down Wisconsin Avenue. About Fourth Street I pulled the cord and said, "let's go!" She looked at me funny and said, "where are we going," until we got off the bus (which had fogged windows) and started walking north. As we approached the Arena, she looked at me and said, sarcastically, "this is my birthday.... NOT YOUR'S!"

A good time was had by all. And, yes, like most of the time in those days, Marquette won handily.

Great story, dg.

What really resonated with me was that your date transportation was a bus. Almost every off-campus date I went on during my MU years involved buses. I barely had money for the date; I sure as hell didn't have money for a cab.

I figured that if the girl was put off by a bus ride, she was too stuck up for me to want any kind of relationship with anyway. There were a couple of girls I thought fit that description, but by and large most didn't mind at all. And the woman who ended up being my wife was even poorer than I was and more used to bus-riding than I was.

One day, we decided we wanted to go to Chi-Chi's for some unknown reason. I don't remember where it was, but it was FAR away. We had to transfer buses, and on the way back we must have waited a half-hour in the dark in near-zero temps. She did so without complaint, and we huddled together for warmth. That's when I was pretty sure I had somebody special!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

BobWildLoyalist

• Team Captain
« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2017, 10:22:26 AM »
I was debating Schoolyard as well. You really think noon's gonna be necessary to get a table? The St. Patrick's Day element throws a big wrench into things. As does me wanting to be sober enough to appreciate the game.

Wills is also a MU bar. They rep the MU logo on their menu's and other posters around the bar. I know its not the flagship bar, but its a great place for drinks and food. We will have a good crowd up there for the game

Johnny Clue

• Walk-On
« Reply #61 on: March 15, 2017, 12:35:22 PM »
Marquette Kitchen and Tap in Lombard, Illiinois for all you Chicago area people!

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #62 on: March 15, 2017, 12:40:41 PM »
Marquette Kitchen and Tap in Lombard, Illiinois for all you Chicago area people!

Yep, that is a good place.
Have some patience, FFS.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #63 on: March 15, 2017, 01:01:37 PM »

Here is the current map of all of the official parties around the country:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1U6dF27wVpaXnIqbCjTaHs2lXna8&hl=en&ll=46.339112117782875%2C-111.93051630000002&z=4

So if you happen to be in Anchorage on Friday, you are in luck!
Have some patience, FFS.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #64 on: March 15, 2017, 01:17:31 PM »
One day, we decided we wanted to go to Chi-Chi's for some unknown reason. I don't remember where it was, but it was FAR away.

Probably for the deep fried ice cream, they were on Brown Deer Rd. across from Northridge Mall.

BubbaWilliams

• Team Captain
  • "He's a great player, but an even better person."
« Reply #65 on: March 15, 2017, 01:35:20 PM »
At a Badger bar?
Will's is a proud MU bar as well. They celebrate everything WI. I watched the Elite 8 run there and they were super accommodating
"Say hello to your mom for me." - Biff Tannen

Marquette_g

• All American
  • Gonna Get Some Cold Cuts Today
« Reply #66 on: March 15, 2017, 02:09:39 PM »
Will's is a proud MU bar as well. They celebrate everything WI. I watched the Elite 8 run there and they were super accommodating

Will's is just an awesome bar all around - a fine choice.

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #67 on: March 15, 2017, 02:37:12 PM »

Good to know. Haven't been in a while and just always think of them as UW/Packers.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #68 on: March 15, 2017, 05:53:58 PM »
Shoulda gone instead ta watch da submarine races down by Bradford Beach one time, hey?

Who ever said we didn't?

Just not that night!