[April 19, 2024, 11:23:24 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:10:31 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:09:03 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Scoop Snoop
[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Where to drink on Friday  (Read 11456 times)

#UnleashSean

• All American
Where to drink on Friday
« on: March 13, 2017, 07:06:53 AM »
I made the outrageous mistake of telling a girl I'd go out with her on St Patrick's day two weeks ago. Something about our anniversary from the first time we went out..... Anyways I refuse to party during St Patrick's day/watch mu at a God dammed Fridays like I did the first time we went out for St Patrick's day.

So best place to drink and watch marquette go for it all?

Edit forgot to mention. Milwaukee area
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 07:30:15 AM by #UnleashRowsey »

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
Re: Where to drink on Friday
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 07:09:53 AM »
Skip the Marquette game. Go for it all with the girl.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 07:13:49 AM »

Shut your mouth, Headband . There will be other girls.

Unleash, if she really cared about you, she would let you watch the game.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 07:15:43 AM by warriorchick »
Have some patience, FFS.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 07:23:07 AM »

Glow, you are a lucky, lucky man.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2017, 07:23:31 AM »
Connolly's Irish Pub, Greenville, SC

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2017, 07:25:30 AM »
Nope. Not a chance.

Ohhhhh don't worry about that part. I'll be watching

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2017, 01:07:26 PM »
Had a first date with a girl the night of the MU/Pitt game in 2003. Before the game, a buddy of mine said that he had free tickets to the Regional Final and if Marquette won, one of the tickets was mine. We went to the Milwaukee Ale House and I spent pretty much the entire night fixated on the game, cheering madly since I knew I'd be in Minneapolis if we won.

Suffice to say, we won, I went to Minneapolis to watch Marquette beat #1 Kentucky two days later behind D-Wade's triple-double, and I never talked to the girl again. Don't even remember her name. But some things are more important than a date, and watching Marquette is one of those things.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2017, 01:14:00 PM »
Had a first date with a girl the night of the MU/Pitt game in 2003. Before the game, a buddy of mine said that he had free tickets to the Regional Final and if Marquette won, one of the tickets was mine. We went to the Milwaukee Ale House and I spent pretty much the entire night fixated on the game, cheering madly since I knew I'd be in Minneapolis if we won.

Suffice to say, we won, I went to Minneapolis to watch Marquette beat #1 Kentucky two days later behind D-Wade's triple-double, and I never talked to the girl again. Don't even remember her name. But some things are more important than a date, and watching Marquette is one of those things.

Great story, brew.

My freshman year, a friend asked if I'd rather get down with this girl I was into or see Marquette win another national title. Under the hypothetical scenario, I could only choose one.

Obviously, I chose Marquette.

There will always be another lady (or gentleman, for the chicks out there). There won't always be another national title - and so far, there hasn't been!

For true fans of teams, this is one of the easiest what-if scenarios in the world. And I agree with chick ... if the girl really cares for the guy, she'll understand. If not ... hasta la vista, baby!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

fjm

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2017, 01:15:30 PM »
Yeah I'm certainly looking for somewhere to watch. I'll be out all day pacing myself with whiskey. But want to escape the downtown pattys day party scene so I can actually watch with MU fans and hear the game.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2017, 01:18:42 PM »
I made the outrageous mistake of telling a girl I'd go out with her on St Patrick's day two weeks ago. Something about our anniversary from the first time we went out..... Anyways I refuse to party during St Patrick's day/watch mu at a God dammed Fridays like I did the first time we went out for St Patrick's day.

From her room.

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2017, 01:21:23 PM »

You go to Fridays for St. Patrick's Day?

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2017, 01:48:53 PM »
I've always had fun watching games at Goolsby's downtown. Food is decent, and they have more TVs than most bars in that area. I think Bar Louie usually has a decent crowd for the tournament too, and they have a much better beer selection. If I recall correctly, I think they even have a projector that will most likely show the MU game Friday night.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2017, 01:54:32 PM »

It's better than going to T.G.I. McScratchy's, where they'll be celebrating New Year's Eve this Friday.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2017, 02:04:29 PM »
ABV social in Tosa is solid. Should have sound on for the games. They have a ton of TVS. Would recommend getting there early to get a spot in the bar. Same with Brewski's. Two vastly different atmospheres, though.

Otherwise anywhere downtown or near MU campus I'm sure would be a safe bet.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2017, 02:22:33 PM »

It uhhhh... It uhhhh...... It wasn't my pick. 2 years ago called her up and asked if she wanted to go out for st paddys day. Since I didn't know the area where she lived well (Brookfield) I asked her where she wanted to go. She said she knew a great bar there and we would go. As I follow her directions I find that we had just entered a fridays. I started having uncontrollable laughter in the car.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2017, 02:32:02 PM »
It uhhhh... It uhhhh...... It wasn't my pick. 2 years ago called her up and asked if she wanted to go out for st paddys day. Since I didn't know the area where she lived well (Brookfield) I asked her where she wanted to go. She said she knew a great bar there and we would go. As I follow her directions I find that we had just entered a fridays. I started having uncontrollable laughter in the car.

A single lady who lives in Brookfield? What did you expect? Young, fun singles don't live in the suburbs.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2017, 03:19:35 PM »
So much wrong in this thread.  Rowhey, go watch the game and tell her you'll enjoy over afterwards.  Snapchat her a dick pic or 2 throughout the day.  She'll be there waiting for ya.

Wait.  What's that, you said? She's a bucky fan?  Oh, $hit ty, you're screwed.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2017, 03:20:59 PM »
My rule of thumb is if you start to see PDQ gas stations, you're in Badger country. Best avoid.

Rudy

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2017, 03:38:14 PM »
My timing was perfect in 2003...my divorce started about February 1, 2003. When the Tourney started, I went to Indy, then Minneapolis and then New Orleans.

Met a nice girl in New Orleans...Sort of glad I did not bring my own...So go to the Tourney and you will meet a nice girl.

Having said all of that I can't go to South Carolina due to a family wedding...bummer.

B

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2017, 04:31:03 PM »
So much wrong in this thread.  Rowhey, go watch the game and tell her you'll enjoy over afterwards.  Snapchat her a dick pic or 2 throughout the day.  She'll be there waiting for ya.

Wait.  What's that, you said? She's a bucky fan?  Oh, $hit ty, you're screwed.

URowsey, don't do this.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2017, 08:21:05 PM »
URowsey, don't do this.

Haha it seemed like a bad idea

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2017, 08:23:57 PM »
Haha it seemed like a bad idea

I don't have bad ideas.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2017, 10:01:07 PM »

For the record, I met Mrs. Headband 10 years ago during the tournament weekend.  Marquette lost Thursday in the debacle vs Michigan State.  That freed me and my buddies (even the Badger fans) to go out on Saturday night, which was St. Patrick's Day.

Friday we went to a fish fry.  One of my friends invited out a girl he knew from religious retreats in high school and he kept in touch with her off and on throughout the years.  She had just moved to Madison 2 months prior.  He was interested in her but she didn't feel the same.  She wasn't going to come out but he persisted until she said ok.  He also invited her to hang out after dinner but she declined.

We needed to take two cars to dinner since not everyone could fit in one car.  Someone needed to ride with my friend, who was going to pick up this girl.  I volunteered.  She came out in jeans and a sweatshirt, no make up.

Fast forward to dinner, I see this girl making flirty glances in my direction.  She tells my friend she had changed her mind and she would join us afterward but she wanted to go home first.  When she came over later, she had changed her clothes and done her makeup.  She was really interested in what our plans were for St. Patrick's Day.  Told her we were bar hopping, she said great; she and her friends were going out too and maybe they could meet up with us.

Saturday was when Mrs. Headband and I really started to hit it off.  Had Marquette been playing, the guys and I would either stayed in to watch the game vs UNC or found a bar to watch the game.  I would have been 100% focused on the game.  I wouldn't have said 2 words to my future wife.  That is why my advice is to skip the game if there is a girl involved.  There will always be more tournament games.  Don't let the girl be the one who got away.

Luckily, Mrs. Headband really likes watching basketball.  She even suggested watching tourney games on our first date, which was the following Saturday.  So if URowsey really wants to go for it and watch the Marquette game with this girl, then good luck.  In that case, might as well watch at the Annex and hit up Real Chili afterward.  If she goes for that, then you need to PROPOSE!

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2017, 01:00:12 AM »
For the record, I met Mrs. Headband 10 years ago during the tournament weekend.  Marquette lost Thursday in the debacle vs Michigan State.  That freed me and my buddies (even the Badger fans) to go out on Saturday night, which was St. Patrick's Day.

Friday we went to a fish fry.  One of my friends invited out a girl he knew from religious retreats in high school and he kept in touch with her off and on throughout the years.  She had just moved to Madison 2 months prior.  He was interested in her but she didn't feel the same.  She wasn't going to come out but he persisted until she said ok.  He also invited her to hang out after dinner but she declined.

We needed to take two cars to dinner since not everyone could fit in one car.  Someone needed to ride with my friend, who was going to pick up this girl.  I volunteered.  She came out in jeans and a sweatshirt, no make up.

Fast forward to dinner, I see this girl making flirty glances in my direction.  She tells my friend she had changed her mind and she would join us afterward but she wanted to go home first.  When she came over later, she had changed her clothes and done her makeup.  She was really interested in what our plans were for St. Patrick's Day.  Told her we were bar hopping, she said great; she and her friends were going out too and maybe they could meet up with us.

Saturday was when Mrs. Headband and I really started to hit it off.  Had Marquette been playing, the guys and I would either stayed in to watch the game vs UNC or found a bar to watch the game.  I would have been 100% focused on the game.  I wouldn't have said 2 words to my future wife.  That is why my advice is to skip the game if there is a girl involved.  There will always be more tournament games.  Don't let the girl be the one who got away.

Luckily, Mrs. Headband really likes watching basketball.  She even suggested watching tourney games on our first date, which was the following Saturday.  So if URowsey really wants to go for it and watch the Marquette game with this girl, then good luck.  In that case, might as well watch at the Annex and hit up Real Chili afterward.  If she goes for that, then you need to PROPOSE!

Im down for it all, except...

If she goes for that, then you need to PROPOSE!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2017, 09:34:20 AM »
Just marry a Marquette girl and this stuff works itself out. I have to work Friday so my wife will be holding a table for me at the schoolyard, arriving at about noon. She'll be 4 or 5 beers ahead of me by my arrival. She's a catch.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2017, 09:40:40 AM »
My wife is a big Marquette fan.  My wife is also a big Wisconsin fan.  She went to neither school.  She will wear Marquette gear when they play one another, although I'm not sure exactly who she is cheering for.

I have stopped trying to figure this out long ago and it's just one of those things I don't ask questions about.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2017, 11:13:20 AM »
Just marry a Marquette girl and this stuff works itself out. I have to work Friday so my wife will be holding a table for me at the schoolyard, arriving at about noon. She'll be 4 or 5 beers ahead of me by my arrival. She's a catch.

My wife, also an alum, is a huge Warriors fan. I'm going to Friday's game, but she has to take her dad (who has been staying with us) back to Chicago. I'm dropping her at the Charlotte airport and then heading down to Greenville. Once she has dropped off my father-in-law, she is going to get together with my son and they will go somewhere to watch the game. Maybe they'll be right there at Schoolyard with you!

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2017, 01:08:32 PM »

You Sir, are a very Wise man.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

BobWildLoyalist

• Team Captain
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2017, 02:33:22 PM »
We are getting a crowd of MU alums together on Friday in Chicago at Wills Northwoods Inn. Good combo of bad language, St. Paddys Day, and MU Basketball. Come up and celebrate!

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2017, 03:09:47 PM »

I don't have bad ideas.

Butt, ya do skip games for family weddin's, ai na?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

BubbaWilliams

• Team Captain
  • "He's a great player, but an even better person."
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2017, 04:11:50 PM »
We are getting a crowd of MU alums together on Friday in Chicago at Wills Northwoods Inn. Good combo of bad language, St. Paddys Day, and MU Basketball. Come up and celebrate!
I'll see you there for some $3 Tall Blondes (High Lifes) and some Curds.
"Say hello to your mom for me." - Biff Tannen

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2017, 04:51:18 PM »

This would be my plan. Find the most expensive place you can afford to go to that has a Big Screen TV, then scout out the location and make sure you reserve in advance a very good  table within in visual range to the Big Screen TV. Then find out who the waiter/waitress is etc and give them some money in advance and tell them to make your date feel very special and play up the whole notion that is is your anniversary of sorts. Also tell them to hold the amount of alcohol in your drinks but put a little more in hers.  Make sure you get there first and are seated facing the TV with her back to it. i Have them bring out some champagne to start and make a big hoo ha about things  and have it be all about the girl.

In the meantime you can keep your eye directly on the game and on her at the same time. Hopefully things go well on both friends. Just make sure you tape the game at home so you have a good record of it in case we do something very good.

I have used this strategy before and it works.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2017, 05:03:31 PM »
I, too, have a St. Paddy's Day date for Friday night in Milwaukee, but it's a girlfriend of a couple years.  I already told her that we can go out right after work (5-ish) and by 8:30 we need to be at a bar that will have the game on.  We'll watch the game with a bunch of drunks and (hopefully) celebrate all night.  On Saturday I'll watch the DVR of the victory (or erase it if it was bad news).
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2017, 05:36:59 PM »
This would be my plan. Find the most expensive place you can afford to go to that has a Big Screen TV, then scout out the location and make sure you reserve in advance a very good  table within in visual range to the Big Screen TV. Then find out who the waiter/waitress is etc and give them some money in advance and tell them to make your date feel very special and play up the whole notion that is is your anniversary of sorts. Also tell them to hold the amount of alcohol in your drinks but put a little more in hers.  Make sure you get there first and are seated facing the TV with her back to it. i Have them bring out some champagne to start and make a big hoo ha about things  and have it be all about the girl.

In the meantime you can keep your eye directly on the game and on her at the same time. Hopefully things go well on both friends. Just make sure you tape the game at home so you have a good record of it in case we do something very good.

I have used this strategy before and it works.

You are setting yourself up for a date rape charge right there. And there would be witnesses who can testify that you asked them to help you.
Have some patience, FFS.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2017, 05:40:41 PM »
You are setting yourself up for a date rape charge right there. And there would be witnesses who can testify that you asked them to help you.

Helen Gurley Brown is turning over in her grave.

Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2017, 05:42:16 PM »
Helen Gurley Brown is turning over in her grave.

You are pathetic. I can see why you have to get girls drunk to get them to sleep with you.
Have some patience, FFS.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2017, 05:43:04 PM »

Not to mention you'll probably have to leave at half time because your date will be hammered!
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2017, 05:51:09 PM »
You are pathetic. I can see why you have to get girls drunk to get them to sleep with you.
My whole strategy is about getting the girlfriend l to be distracted enough so the poor guy can enjoy his MU game. My baseline assumption is that he doesn't have to worry about the other part since they have been going to together for a while.

---Al McGuire

tower912

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2017, 06:02:55 PM »
My first date with my wife was on a lunch date on April 1, 1991.     She lived across the street and was in her senior year of college.    Her roommates had all left town for spring break, we had chatted a few times, so she said 'yes' when I invited her to lunch.   We clicked.   That night, she called me and said she had received a phone call threatening one of her roommates (she still maintains that it happened, though I tease her that she just wanted to see me) and asked if I minded coming over.    I went over and we watched the NCAA Championship between Duke and Kansas.     She talked intelligently about basketball.   She had grown up in Indiana and like all other Hoosier girls her age, had a huge crush on Steve Alford.   But it also meant that she had watched a lot of basketball.      I was completely smitten.     I still am.   25 years next month.     And I am still insanely jealous of Steve Alford's perfect hair.   

A game is a game.     The right girl is far more rare.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2017, 06:10:36 PM »
Steve Alford may have great hair, but he's a massive prick.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2017, 06:13:38 PM »
Steve Alford may have great hair, but F*ckin' says he has a massive prick.
[/quote

Oy hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2017, 06:14:19 PM »
                       ---Al McGuire

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2017, 06:40:32 PM »
Steve Alford may have great hair, but he's a massive prick.

Musta be why Mrs Tower had a crush on him, a'ina?

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2017, 06:53:51 PM »

I was debating Schoolyard as well. You really think noon's gonna be necessary to get a table? The St. Patrick's Day element throws a big wrench into things. As does me wanting to be sober enough to appreciate the game.

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2017, 06:54:27 PM »

At a Badger bar?

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2017, 07:07:29 PM »
My first date with my wife was on a lunch date on April 1, 1991.     She lived across the street and was in her senior year of college.    Her roommates had all left town for spring break, we had chatted a few times, so she said 'yes' when I invited her to lunch.   We clicked.   That night, she called me and said she had received a phone call threatening one of her roommates (she still maintains that it happened, though I tease her that she just wanted to see me) and asked if I minded coming over.    I went over and we watched the NCAA Championship between Duke and Kansas.     She talked intelligently about basketball.   She had grown up in Indiana and like all other Hoosier girls her age, had a huge crush on Steve Alford.   But it also meant that she had watched a lot of basketball.      I was completely smitten.     I still am.   25 years next month.     And I am still insanely jealous of Steve Alford's perfect hair.   

Hope she's not from Elkhart.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2017, 07:09:05 PM »

That was my first thought as well
TAMU

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2017, 07:09:46 PM »
Im down for it all, except...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE

You should post pics of her on Scoop and we can start a poll to see if you should marry her.  Chick can vote twice.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2017, 07:10:00 PM »

Congratulations.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2017, 07:12:49 PM »
My whole strategy is about getting the girlfriend l to be distracted enough so the poor guy can enjoy his MU game. My baseline assumption is that he doesn't have to worry about the other part since they have been going to together for a while.

I know what you are trying to say, so I am assuming best intent. But just because you are dating doesn't mean you can get a girl hammered and then sleep with her. I know that's not what you meant, but felt the need to put the disclaimer in there.

TAMU

tower912

• All American
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2017, 07:13:29 PM »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2017, 07:17:30 PM »
My wife is a big Marquette fan.  My wife is also a big Wisconsin fan.  She went to neither school.  She will wear Marquette gear when they play one another, although I'm not sure exactly who she is cheering for.

I have stopped trying to figure this out long ago and it's just one of those things I don't ask questions about.
I married one of those too.  She's a Ewwdub hyphen alum.  However, when we go to the game in Madison, and sit with my bil, who is former prez of UW Alum assoc., she wears blue and gold. 

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2017, 08:10:56 PM »
I was debating Schoolyard as well. You really think noon's gonna be necessary to get a table? The St. Patrick's Day element throws a big wrench into things. As does me wanting to be sober enough to appreciate the game.

No clue if it's necessary. It was my wife's idea. She wanted to day drink with one of her girlfriends to hold the table. Like I said, keeper
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 08:13:28 PM by Coleman »

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2017, 10:34:08 PM »

That, and when you published your plan on the internet for all to see days in advance, it would be premeditated.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2017, 08:46:37 AM »
it definitely sounds sketchy, and I'd never ask a waiter or bartender to make me weaker drinks and a woman stronger drinks...but to get charged with date rape, you have to, ya know, actually rape someone. I didn't see that suggested anywhere here, in fact sleeping with her was never mentioned either. So let's move on. Back to MU

And like I said, if you just marry a MU girl, you don't need to be sneaky about watching the game. She'll make the plans based around the game. Seriously guys, its worth it.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 08:52:26 AM by Coleman »

fjm

• All American
« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2017, 08:51:49 AM »
This thread is amazing.

I would just get a mini earbud in your ear and Bluetooth the game. Then she'll never know!

Or come to jacksons blue ribbon pub man!

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2017, 08:54:27 AM »
First year I was dating Ms. Dgies, we went to dinner at Pieces of Eight on the Waterfront in Milwaukee. She was, of course, a Marquette girl but is not a big Marquette basketball fan.

It was snowing cats and dogs that night and we had a lovely dinner at 5:30 p.m. Everything was going fine and the dinner was certainly about 10 steps up from Saga.

We finished about 7:00 p.m., and sought a cab back to campus. Because of the snow there was none. So, we managed to get the Number 10 bus down Wisconsin Avenue. About Fourth Street I pulled the cord and said, "let's go!" She looked at me funny and said, "where are we going," until we got off the bus (which had fogged windows) and started walking north. As we approached the Arena, she looked at me and said, sarcastically, "this is my birthday.... NOT YOUR'S!"

A good time was had by all. And, yes, like most of the time in those days, Marquette won handily.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2017, 09:03:31 AM »
Shoulda gone instead ta watch da submarine races down by Bradford Beach one time, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Goose

• All American
« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2017, 09:16:21 AM »
dgies

Great story. I married a similar MU girl and she has tagged along to a lot of MU games over the years, both home and away. In addition, she has "allowed" me to go on some of the best road game trips ever, while she watched the kids.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2017, 09:29:10 AM »
First year I was dating Ms. Dgies, we went to dinner at Pieces of Eight on the Waterfront in Milwaukee. She was, of course, a Marquette girl but is not a big Marquette basketball fan.

It was snowing cats and dogs that night and we had a lovely dinner at 5:30 p.m. Everything was going fine and the dinner was certainly about 10 steps up from Saga.

We finished about 7:00 p.m., and sought a cab back to campus. Because of the snow there was none. So, we managed to get the Number 10 bus down Wisconsin Avenue. About Fourth Street I pulled the cord and said, "let's go!" She looked at me funny and said, "where are we going," until we got off the bus (which had fogged windows) and started walking north. As we approached the Arena, she looked at me and said, sarcastically, "this is my birthday.... NOT YOUR'S!"

A good time was had by all. And, yes, like most of the time in those days, Marquette won handily.

Great story, dg.

What really resonated with me was that your date transportation was a bus. Almost every off-campus date I went on during my MU years involved buses. I barely had money for the date; I sure as hell didn't have money for a cab.

I figured that if the girl was put off by a bus ride, she was too stuck up for me to want any kind of relationship with anyway. There were a couple of girls I thought fit that description, but by and large most didn't mind at all. And the woman who ended up being my wife was even poorer than I was and more used to bus-riding than I was.

One day, we decided we wanted to go to Chi-Chi's for some unknown reason. I don't remember where it was, but it was FAR away. We had to transfer buses, and on the way back we must have waited a half-hour in the dark in near-zero temps. She did so without complaint, and we huddled together for warmth. That's when I was pretty sure I had somebody special!

BobWildLoyalist

• Team Captain
« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2017, 10:22:26 AM »

Wills is also a MU bar. They rep the MU logo on their menu's and other posters around the bar. I know its not the flagship bar, but its a great place for drinks and food. We will have a good crowd up there for the game

Johnny Clue

• Walk-On
« Reply #61 on: March 15, 2017, 12:35:22 PM »
Marquette Kitchen and Tap in Lombard, Illiinois for all you Chicago area people!

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #62 on: March 15, 2017, 12:40:41 PM »
Marquette Kitchen and Tap in Lombard, Illiinois for all you Chicago area people!

Yep, that is a good place.
Have some patience, FFS.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #63 on: March 15, 2017, 01:01:37 PM »

Here is the current map of all of the official parties around the country:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1U6dF27wVpaXnIqbCjTaHs2lXna8&hl=en&ll=46.339112117782875%2C-111.93051630000002&z=4

So if you happen to be in Anchorage on Friday, you are in luck!
Have some patience, FFS.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #64 on: March 15, 2017, 01:17:31 PM »
One day, we decided we wanted to go to Chi-Chi's for some unknown reason. I don't remember where it was, but it was FAR away.

Probably for the deep fried ice cream, they were on Brown Deer Rd. across from Northridge Mall.

BubbaWilliams

• Team Captain
  • "He's a great player, but an even better person."
« Reply #65 on: March 15, 2017, 01:35:20 PM »
At a Badger bar?
Will's is a proud MU bar as well. They celebrate everything WI. I watched the Elite 8 run there and they were super accommodating
"Say hello to your mom for me." - Biff Tannen

Marquette_g

• All American
  • Gonna Get Some Cold Cuts Today
« Reply #66 on: March 15, 2017, 02:09:39 PM »
Will's is a proud MU bar as well. They celebrate everything WI. I watched the Elite 8 run there and they were super accommodating

Will's is just an awesome bar all around - a fine choice.

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #67 on: March 15, 2017, 02:37:12 PM »

Good to know. Haven't been in a while and just always think of them as UW/Packers.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #68 on: March 15, 2017, 05:53:58 PM »
Shoulda gone instead ta watch da submarine races down by Bradford Beach one time, hey?

Who ever said we didn't?

Just not that night!

feedback