[Today at 10:40:35 AM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Galway Eagle
[Today at 10:35:41 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by PGsHeroes32
[Today at 10:14:22 AM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by Scoop Snoop
[Today at 09:51:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NBA '17  (Read 239408 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: NBA '17
« Reply #1000 on: April 12, 2018, 12:56:35 AM »
Um..... No.

If they won, they would have their 1st round  draft pick. By losing, it depends on the roll of the dice.

Since striking absolute gold on a total shot in the dark on Giannis followed by the number two overall pick and being left with only one real option at that pick the Bucks have drafted Rashad Vaughn, Thon Maker, and DJ Wilson in the middle of the first round. There is no reason to believe the Bucks have a clue what they’re doing in the draft. At least they got the most favorable Playoff draw they could’ve possibly hoped for, though I expect Brad Stevens to put on a complete clinic and the C’s to win the series in 5. This roster is unbelievably poorly constructed despite having a top 5 player in the NBA to build around. A single mid round draft pick is not changing that. They need to completely restructure the roster if they want to do anything and keep Giannis around for his next contract.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1001 on: April 12, 2018, 01:32:21 AM »
Also lol at Russ’s and LBJ’s stat chasing today.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #1002 on: April 12, 2018, 06:47:00 AM »
Um..... No.

If they won, they would have their 1st round  draft pick. By losing, it depends on the roll of the dice.

Meh. I agree with Wades. Much more likely to get the next Rashad Vaughn than the next Giannis.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #1003 on: April 12, 2018, 07:16:06 AM »
I want them to lose he pick this year so that they can trade future first round picks in the future. With all the weird protections, until they lose this pick, they can’t trade another first round pick until 2022 I believe. You can’t trade your first rounder two years in a row, at least for future trades.

Plus, I’d rather they use that pick for a more established player since we seem dead set on drafting the DJ Wilson’s of the world.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #1004 on: April 12, 2018, 08:28:41 AM »
With a lot on the line, the Bucks showed their character.

With a lot on the line, this is their worst loss in at least 10 years.

A complete embarrassment.

You honestly think the Bucks were trying to win that game?

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1005 on: April 12, 2018, 12:12:56 PM »
Since striking absolute gold on a total shot in the dark on Giannis followed by the number two overall pick and being left with only one real option at that pick the Bucks have drafted Rashad Vaughn, Thon Maker, and DJ Wilson in the middle of the first round. There is no reason to believe the Bucks have a clue what they’re doing in the draft. At least they got the most favorable Playoff draw they could’ve possibly hoped for, though I expect Brad Stevens to put on a complete clinic and the C’s to win the series in 5. This roster is unbelievably poorly constructed despite having a top 5 player in the NBA to build around. A single mid round draft pick is not changing that. They need to completely restructure the roster if they want to do anything and keep Giannis around for his next contract.

I agree with all you say except that getting Celtics is their most favorable draw. Using your own words, "I expect Brad Stevens to put on a complete clinic and the C’s to win the series in 5".

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #1006 on: April 12, 2018, 12:21:31 PM »
I agree with all you say except that getting Celtics is their most favorable draw. Using your own words, "I expect Brad Stevens to put on a complete clinic and the C’s to win the series in 5".

I'd rather play the Celtics rather than the Raptors, Sixers or Cavs.  And it's not even close.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #1007 on: April 12, 2018, 02:42:38 PM »

I'd rather play the Celtics rather than the Raptors, Sixers or Cavs.  And it's not even close.

And we both think it really doesn't matter.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #1008 on: April 12, 2018, 07:01:18 PM »
I think the Bucks have a puncher's chance in the series. Vegas has made them a +105 underdog. basically a toss up.

Smart is out two more weeks on top of Hayward and Irving. Boston really is running low on bodies.

My first round picks would be Rockets, Warriors (close series without Steph), Portland, Utah, Toronto (close series), Cleveland, Milwaukee (going with my heart) and Miami

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1009 on: April 12, 2018, 07:08:09 PM »
Gonna say Miami helped themselves, da most, at the trade dedline, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #1010 on: April 13, 2018, 04:55:27 PM »
Bucks "lose" the tie breaker and get the 17th pick, which means they keep it instead of conveying to Phoenix.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #1011 on: April 13, 2018, 05:02:45 PM »
Bucks "lose" the tie breaker and get the 17th pick, which means they keep it instead of conveying to Phoenix.

Wow. Got lucky after that clunker on Wednesday.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #1012 on: April 13, 2018, 05:06:59 PM »
I think the Bucks have a puncher's chance in the series. Vegas has made them a +105 underdog. basically a toss up.

The team has failed to show any character or toughness. In a game Wednesday against a team missing 2 of its top 3 players, they were absolutely crushed by 35 points in a game that really wasn't even as "close" as the score.

I hope you are right, but I have a hard time seeing more than one win.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1013 on: April 15, 2018, 12:39:35 PM »
The Bucks have to be one of the worst coached teams in NBA history. An insane amount of one and no pass possessions. I’ve never seen a team that gives up so many offensive rebounds when the opponent is conceding the defensive rebound. At least once a quarter there’s a play where 4 Bucks are in position to grab a rebound while the opponent starts retreating yet the Bucks manage to fight each other and fumble the ball away.

Then you get the ball down 8 with 25 seconds left in the first quarter and instead of taking the last shot they sprint the ball up the court, force the ball into the collapsed paint, and turn the ball over for the eighth time in the quarter to give up a 4 point play to end the quarter.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #1014 on: April 15, 2018, 05:42:04 PM »
I hate to admit when I'm wrong, but Wades, your Oladipo love is looking pretty good. He's been very good all year, but that was a heck of game 1.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #1015 on: April 15, 2018, 05:47:51 PM »

I've seen everywhere that retaining the pick is good for the Bucks, but isn't there some logic to wishing it had been conveyed? The only way it's a worse pick is if it falls within the protections for 2 more years, after which it becomes unprotected. So likely they end up losing a pick better than the 16th in a year or two. And while they need solid cheap bodies, the 17th may not even net them a rotation player during Giannis's run. Wouldn't it be better to convey it now so they can trade future 1sts to put players around Giannis, then buy cheap second rounders to fill out the roster?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #1016 on: April 15, 2018, 05:57:01 PM »
I hate to admit when I'm wrong, but Wades, your Oladipo love is looking pretty good. He's been very good all year, but that was a heck of game 1.

Agreed.  I actually was going to post the same thing.  (I still think the trade wasn't a bad one for OKC though.)

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #1017 on: April 15, 2018, 06:14:29 PM »

Agreed.  I actually was going to post the same thing.  (I still think the trade wasn't a bad one for OKC though.)

Trades can be good for both teams. Oladipo needed a change of sceneries.

Go Pelicans.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1018 on: April 15, 2018, 10:29:48 PM »
I happen to believe Marv Albert is the greatest basketball announcer ever. However ...

He did just sign off by saying: "Minnesota was only 10 of 37 from 3-point range but they did manage to hold on to beat the Rockets."

Nobody's prefekt!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #1019 on: April 16, 2018, 07:38:15 AM »
Trades can be good for both teams. Oladipo needed a change of sceneries.

Go Pelicans.

I never saw Oladipo becoming this good. Clearly, those PEDs are really paying off.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1020 on: April 16, 2018, 07:45:18 AM »
Nah man, T-Cubed coached 'im up from a goof four nothin' team manager ta NBA All-Star just like he did wit Wade, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1021 on: April 16, 2018, 12:08:09 PM »
I never saw Oladipo becoming this good. Clearly, those PEDs are really paying off.

Could be PEDs. Could also be getting away from a “point guard” who only passes to chase stats.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #1022 on: April 16, 2018, 12:18:02 PM »
The Bucks have to be one of the worst coached teams in NBA history. An insane amount of one and no pass possessions. I’ve never seen a team that gives up so many offensive rebounds when the opponent is conceding the defensive rebound. At least once a quarter there’s a play where 4 Bucks are in position to grab a rebound while the opponent starts retreating yet the Bucks manage to fight each other and fumble the ball away.

Then you get the ball down 8 with 25 seconds left in the first quarter and instead of taking the last shot they sprint the ball up the court, force the ball into the collapsed paint, and turn the ball over for the eighth time in the quarter to give up a 4 point play to end the quarter.

Has Eric Bledsoe ever taken a single shot that is in the rhythm of the offense? I know that it's easy to ramp on him when the buckets aren't falling, but my god. This was a game begging to be won with an even remotely competent performance.

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #1023 on: April 16, 2018, 12:43:16 PM »
I happen to believe Marv Albert is the greatest basketball announcer ever. However ...

He did just sign off by saying: "Minnesota was only 10 of 37 from 3-point range but they did manage to hold on to beat the Rockets."

Nobody's prefekt!

Marv needed to retire years ago. Awful.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #1024 on: April 16, 2018, 12:46:28 PM »
Marv in his prime was as good as it gets, IMO. He really is/was a joy to have on a broadcast.