[April 18, 2024, 09:34:43 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by TSmith34, Inc.
[April 18, 2024, 09:22:20 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[April 18, 2024, 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[April 18, 2024, 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NBA '17  (Read 241493 times)

DegenerateDish

• All American
NBA '17
« on: December 16, 2016, 10:14:15 PM »
Bucks are fun to watch, Freak is a franchise superstar, Jabari coming into his own.

Bulls are an embarrassment right now, looks like they've quit, and December is barely half way over.

wadesworld

• All American
Re: NBA '17
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 11:52:48 PM »
Bucks are fun to watch, Freak is a franchise superstar, Jabari coming into his own.

Bulls are an embarrassment right now, looks like they've quit, and December is barely half way over.

Agreed.  Even seasoned veteran coaches would struggle to keep this team interested.  Hoiberg is way in over his head.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2016, 01:04:59 PM »
Instead of getting younger and faster, they got older, slower and can't shoot.  Wade choosing Chicago may have been a blessing in disguise for the Bucks.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2016, 02:42:46 PM »
Instead of getting younger and faster, they got older, slower and can't shoot.  Wade choosing Chicago may have been a blessing in disguise for the Bucks.

Wade to the Bucks would have been a colossal mistake for Milwaukee. Horrendous fit with this team. Snell hasn't been great, but he's been about replacement level for them at the 2 while not sucking up volume.

This team will be fun to watch once Middleton is back next year (or, if we're lucky, when we're the playoffs).

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2016, 07:44:15 PM »
But both teams have the same amount of wins.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2016, 08:04:41 PM »
But both teams have the same amount of wins.

And one has a 25 year old guy who's their third best player that is out for (most of) the season.  And their top 2 players are 22 and 21 years old, while the Bulls top 3 are 34, 27, and 30 (or 31).
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2016, 08:50:00 PM »
Brogdon has now turned Wade, Kyrie, and LeBron into posters over the last 2 games. This kid is a complete steal. Showing some athleticism I didn't know he had in him.

I don't know why we signed Jason Terry in the first place, but how in the world is he going to have 12 minutes through 3 quarters? He's horrendous. Bucks up 4 when he checks in mid way through the 3rd and he doesn't leave the court until the quarter ends with the Bucks down 6.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2016, 09:05:36 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/BOQ2RofgXrb/

Oooooooeeeeee

Kidd needs to learn when to take a technical. Refs taking this game over.

brandx

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2016, 09:55:21 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/BOQ2RofgXrb/

Oooooooeeeeee

Kidd needs to learn when to take a technical. Refs taking this game over.

I liked him in college, but I definitely underestimated his athleticism.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2016, 03:08:05 PM »
Going to be fun to see how the Bucks respond tonight.  4 of 5 Bucks starters played 39 or more minutes last night in a hard fought overtime game.  Cavs lose JR Smith and already were down Love, who is questionable for tonight.  Road game.  Spread is Cavs -5.5.  Not sure which way I'd bet.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2017, 08:43:15 AM »
The Bucks really have something here...

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2017, 09:04:49 AM »
Giannis is incredible and Parker is a borderline All-Star who just knows how to score. Yet, the Bucks are only 18-16. Is Middleton going to vault them closer to Cleveland? Are they looking to make a deal next month or hold course? What could they use? A true SG? A big man?

The Bulls, on the other hand, have Jimmy Butler and need one of everything else. It's fun to see Wade in a Bulls uni, but he's not leading them anywhere at this point.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2017, 09:06:46 AM »
The Bucks need shooters.  Monroe is fine for what NBA teams use big men for these days. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2017, 09:23:46 AM »
I'm fine with where the Bucks are at right now and hope they don't make any moves.  When you add Middleton to this lineup and give them some time to readjust to playing with him in the lineup I think they're the 3rd best team in the East, and that's with your starting lineup (assuming Brogdon and Middleton play alongside Giannis and Jabari with I suppose Henson, Moose still comes off the bench) goes 24 years old, 25 years old, 22 years old, 21 years old, and who cares how old for whatever center is playing?  Then hopefully Thon can become something 2 years down the road and in 2 years you can legitimately hope to be challenging Cleveland in the East.

Slow start for the Bucks, Kidd was switching up his rotations every game.  Now it seems like he's figured out roles and this team is starting to mold into something.  In my opinion you have enough shooting around Giannis and a rebounding big in Middleton, Brogdon, and Parker, and you have enough coming off the bench in Telletovic, Snell, Delly, and Beasley.  I'm not even really sure what I'd like the Bucks to look to add in the draft next year.  I think it really is a case of "best available player" in this situation.

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2017, 10:30:48 AM »
Giannis is incredible and Parker is a borderline All-Star who just knows how to score. Yet, the Bucks are only 18-16. Is Middleton going to vault them closer to Cleveland? Are they looking to make a deal next month or hold course? What could they use? A true SG? A big man?

The Bulls, on the other hand, have Jimmy Butler and need one of everything else. It's fun to see Wade in a Bulls uni, but he's not leading them anywhere at this point.

The Bucks lost a lot of games early on that they should have won. They could easily 20-14 with a 4 seed without Middleton. They aren't at clevelands level but should be top 3 in the east with Middleton back. And this is a team that is still growing. My goal for the team is to be on clevelands level next year with a light decline from James. Might be too optimistic.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2017, 10:42:06 AM »
The Bucks lost a lot of games early on that they should have won. They could easily 20-14 with a 4 seed without Middleton. They aren't at clevelands level but should be top 3 in the east with Middleton back. And this is a team that is still growing. My goal for the team is to be on clevelands level next year with a light decline from James. Might be too optimistic.

I think we're 2 years away from that.  Next year hopefully on Toronto's level.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2017, 10:49:12 AM »
Oh I don't want to add anyone *this* year.  I am talking about next year and in the future.  Shooters who can spread the floor would mean a huge deal to this team.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2017, 11:01:48 AM »
Oh I don't want to add anyone *this* year.  I am talking about next year and in the future.  Shooters who can spread the floor would mean a huge deal to this team.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2017, 06:58:16 PM »
http://www.si.com/nba/2017/01/24/lebron-james-frustrated

Is this guy for real?  There is no bigger clown in sports than GM/Coach/Player LeBron (no, I'm not say he's the worst human being in sports, but he certainly is the biggest clown).

"We need a f***ing playmaker." You, Kyrie, and Love (who you, Mr. GM LeBron, demanded you trade away your young future star playmaker in Wiggins to get) aren't playmakers? Fair enough.

"We top heavy as sh*t. It's me, Kyrie, Love. It's top heavy." Some teammate you are. I'm sure Shump, JR (who you, Mr. GM LeBron, made sure got paid beyond belief and are now complaining isn't enough help for you...), Korver, Thompson (who you, Mr. GM LeBron, made sure got paid beyond belief and are now complaining isn't enough help for you...), and Richardson love hearing that...

Oops!  I'm sorry!  I didn't refer to you as King James!  Fortunately for me I'm not employed by the Cleveland Cavaliers, so my job will not be terminated for such a horrendous blunder!

What a dick.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2017, 11:42:13 PM »
http://www.si.com/nba/2017/01/24/lebron-james-frustrated

Is this guy for real?  There is no bigger clown in sports than GM/Coach/Player LeBron (no, I'm not say he's the worst human being in sports, but he certainly is the biggest clown).

"We need a f***ing playmaker." You, Kyrie, and Love (who you, Mr. GM LeBron, demanded you trade away your young future star playmaker in Wiggins to get) aren't playmakers? Fair enough.

"We top heavy as sh*t. It's me, Kyrie, Love. It's top heavy." Some teammate you are. I'm sure Shump, JR (who you, Mr. GM LeBron, made sure got paid beyond belief and are now complaining isn't enough help for you...), Korver, Thompson (who you, Mr. GM LeBron, made sure got paid beyond belief and are now complaining isn't enough help for you...), and Richardson love hearing that...

Oops!  I'm sorry!  I didn't refer to you as King James!  Fortunately for me I'm not employed by the Cleveland Cavaliers, so my job will not be terminated for such a horrendous blunder!

What a dick.

You think it's fluke that Lebron and Wade went on tirades on the same day? They know what they are doing.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2017, 08:39:29 AM »
You think it's fluke that Lebron and Wade went on tirades on the same day? They know what they are doing.

Exactly. Sometimes being a leader means being the bad guy.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2017, 03:42:26 PM »
LeBron has earned the right to say whatever he wants about his team. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2017, 08:57:10 AM »

Exactly. Sometimes being a leader means being the bad guy.

LeBron has earned the right to say whatever he wants about his team. 

That's all fine and good.  But if LeBron wants another playmaker and doesn't want the roster that he constructed himself to be so top heavy, then maybe he should've considered what he was doing before he demanded the front office gives guys like Tristian Thompson and JR Smith near max money to be what they are...average NBA players.

Nobody to blame but himself here.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 08:59:54 AM by wadesworld »

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2017, 09:36:45 AM »
That's all fine and good.  But if LeBron wants another playmaker and doesn't want the roster that he constructed himself to be so top heavy, then maybe he should've considered what he was doing before he demanded the front office gives guys like Tristian Thompson and JR Smith near max money to be what they are...average NBA players.

Nobody to blame but himself here.

He was trying to light a fire under some guys who've been underperforming. Clearly it didn't work  as they lost at home to Sacramento last night.

Wade and Butler called out their teammates last night. The Bulls are a trainwreck right now. GarPax need to go. It's tough to get a read on whether Hoiberg can coach or not because Butler is basically the only guy on the roster who even remotely fits into the system that he was brought in to run. It'd be like hiring a pass-happy football coach and bringing in an option QB and a bunch of fullbacks to run his offense.

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2017, 12:53:06 PM »
Wade and Butler called out their teammates last night. The Bulls are a trainwreck right now. GarPax need to go. It's tough to get a read on whether Hoiberg can coach or not because Butler is basically the only guy on the roster who even remotely fits into the system that he was brought in to run. It'd be like hiring a pass-happy football coach and bringing in an option QB and a bunch of fullbacks to run his offense.

Hoiberg seems overwhelmed. Yes, the pieces don't fit and the bench is awful, but Fred seems more like a by-stander in this meltdown than the head coach.

What value is the head coach when his stars don't believe in him and management doesn't work to bring in players that fit his system? 

feedback