[April 26, 2024, 10:00:30 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: I miss Midwest Express Airlines  (Read 15260 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
I miss Midwest Express Airlines
« on: May 28, 2016, 10:27:56 AM »
That is all

Jay Bee

• All American
Re: I miss Midwest Express Airlines
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2016, 11:37:52 AM »
Seconded!
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2016, 12:34:39 PM »
They had great chocolate chip cookies if I recall.

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2016, 01:31:37 PM »
In ohare about to fly from Chicago to La on spirit for $140 bucks. The duffle bag ("personal item") I have is a good size that hold enough cloths for 8 days including beach wear and thick layers for hiking mt Whitney. You can have your cookie and comfy seat. I'll take my cheap flight

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2016, 01:46:32 PM »
In ohare about to fly from Chicago to La on spirit for $140 bucks. The duffle bag ("personal item") I have is a good size that hold enough cloths for 8 days including beach wear and thick layers for hiking mt Whitney. You can have your cookie and comfy seat. I'll take my cheap flight

Each way or RT?  Chick and I work hard to get super cheap tix to LAS.  I've done it as cheaply as $128 RT, but that's extraordinary.  Always SWA.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2016, 01:48:53 PM »
Definitely miss The Best Care in the Air   :'(   

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2016, 02:07:38 PM »
Each way or RT?  Chick and I work hard to get super cheap tix to LAS.  I've done it as cheaply as $128 RT, but that's extraordinary.  Always SWA.

You dont get a carry-on in that price.  Or water.  Or even choosing row, aisle, or window.  Im not fan of SW compared to a lot of people, but I'll fly it any day over the no-frills flying Greyhound experience on Spirit. Ive known multiple people whose planes hasn't been cleaned in between trips on that airline.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2016, 02:12:10 PM »
They had great chocolate chip cookies if I recall.

And vino

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2016, 02:18:48 PM »
For another throw back our family always used ATA when we went to Florida.

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2016, 03:56:09 PM »
You dont get a carry-on in that price.  Or water.  Or even choosing row, aisle, or window.  Im not fan of SW compared to a lot of people, but I'll fly it any day over the no-frills flying Greyhound experience on Spirit. Ive known multiple people whose planes hasn't been cleaned in between trips on that airline.
It's 140 rt. And I never understood the complaint about water. It's three bucks if you really want one. I saved over $150 rt compared to sw. I brought an empty water bottle and filled it up. If you are that concerned buy a water for 3 bucks. The personal item is a decent size. I have jeans, running shoes, sandals, six shirts, 2 swimsuits, a computer, 2 pairs of running shorts, tablet, another pair of sailing shoes, a dress shirt, socks and underwear. As long as you aren't going to a wedding with a tux you will be fine.

The only complaint I get is the small seats if you are are above average height or weight. The experience is flying in a tin can and I can't tell a difference between spirit and any other airline.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2016, 04:58:08 PM »
For another throw back our family always used ATA when we went to Florida.

ATA got bought out by SWA.
Have some patience, FFS.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2016, 05:08:43 PM »

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2016, 05:19:15 PM »
Air Tran got bought out by SWA.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AirTran_Airways

ATA went bankrupt.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATA_Airlines

That's right....I always did those two confused.  America Trans Air/AirTran
Have some patience, FFS.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2016, 05:29:08 PM »
These low fare guys...ugh.  Spirit, Frontier, etc....just brutal

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2016, 05:41:04 PM »

No one is forcing anyone to fly on them. 
Have some patience, FFS.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2016, 05:53:07 PM »

Hate every motherfookin' one of them. SWA sucks major ass. From MKE its basically SWA or nothin'. Been known to fly outta ORD to LAX on VX. At least they treat ya like a human bein'. Though, who knows what that'll be like after da Alaska Air acquistion, ai na?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 06:13:26 PM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2016, 05:53:54 PM »

I feel the same about Southwest. Some people swear by them, but the awkward check in and seating process is terrible for couples. Even on full flights, all the individuals take the window and aisle, preventing you from sitting with your spouse. And adding a sixth seat to each row when the planes were only built for 5 across...just bad and uncomfortable.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2016, 06:12:32 PM »

Hate every motherfookin' one of them. SWA sucks major ass. From MKE its basically SWA or nothin'. Been known to fly outta ORD to LAX on VX. At least they treat ya like a human bein'. Though, who know what that'll be like after da Alaska Air acquistion, ai na?
Alaska is great. always a very good experience: cheerful employees and really reasonable upgrades to First where they are free with the booze and the food is edible and  delicious.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2016, 06:13:14 PM »
I feel the same about Southwest. Some people swear by them, but the awkward check in and seating process is terrible for couples. Even on full flights, all the individuals take the window and aisle, preventing you from sitting with your spouse. And adding a sixth seat to each row when the planes were only built for 5 across...just bad and uncomfortable.

Glow and i have been on dozens of SWA flights and have never been forced to sit apart.  If you are in A or B, it isn't a problem.  And we have saved thousands of dollars in the process.

We find legacy airlines to have old planes and surly flight attendants.  And we hate getting nickel and dimed for everything.
Have some patience, FFS.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2016, 06:31:48 PM »

You are completely misinformed.  Every SWA flight has beverage service with long flights getting fairly significant snacks.  Carry-on luggage is also free, as are 2 checked bags.  And I always get my choice of window/aisle, just not until I walk on the plane.  Just because it's not for you.......

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2016, 06:35:48 PM »

You know a domestic carrier that uses 737-700 series aircraft with 5 across?  I don't.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2016, 06:38:30 PM »
I love Southwest.  If I have to change flights for whatever reason, there are no extra fees.  They are usually nice and very flexible.  If I don't like my seating number, I spring for the A1-15 spot.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2016, 06:52:23 PM »
This airline was founded by Kimberly-Clark initially to support business travel from Appleton.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2016, 07:36:34 PM »
I dislike Southwest because their employees are loud. Shuttup and let me fly.

Flying sucks no matter what the airline. If you can take a backpack, there's nothing wrong with Spirit.

I've never been on a flight (hundreds of flights) where I've thought, "wow, that was enjoyable. Great time!"

It sucks.

Midwest was good because the seats were relatively comfortable, they gave you warm cookie and wine... but it still sucked.

Just please be on time and let me not be around kids or extraordinarily gross people.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2016, 07:43:57 PM »
So, children and F*ckin' bother you, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"