[April 26, 2024, 10:47:48 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: I miss Midwest Express Airlines  (Read 15261 times)

jsglow

• All American
Re: I miss Midwest Express Airlines
« Reply #150 on: June 01, 2016, 01:06:39 PM »
I had a related experience flying to Puerto Rico for work one time.  By the time I boarded there was no space in the overhead except where the guy who laid his jacket across a space that could have fit two carry-on bags.  I asked "Whose jacket is this?"  No one replied, so I moved the jacket to put my carry-on bag in and the guy woke-up and went bonkers.  Flight attendant told him to calm down and we need to make room for baggage.

Totally agree on jackets and small soft sided bags.  Often in winter, I'll leave my coat in my lap until the bin is full.  Very typically a couple of coats fit nice on top.

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #151 on: June 01, 2016, 03:02:02 PM »
I very much enjoy smart. experienced SWA travelers.  For personal reasons, I'm a window guy.  It's great to see a young college student with a tiny backpack get on as C-15 and immediately select the middle seat next to me in Row 3 slipping his/her tiny bag under the seat ahead.

If they're truly a smart and experienced SW flier, they wouldn't be C15.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #152 on: June 01, 2016, 03:44:51 PM »

You make a good point.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #153 on: June 01, 2016, 05:26:49 PM »

He could still be smart and experienced, but as a millennial, he might have had more important things to do 24 hours earlier, like riding a Divvy bike to a cool bar in Wicker Park for Happy Hour.
Have some patience, FFS.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #154 on: June 01, 2016, 10:21:20 PM »
He could still be smart and experienced, but as a millennial, he might have had more important things to do 24 hours earlier, like riding a Divvy bike to a cool bar in Wicker Park for Happy Hour.

LOL

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #155 on: June 01, 2016, 10:23:20 PM »
Never understood why anyone would want to board early.  I want to be the last dude through the door.  (Except on SW, of course.)

In today's world with the a-hole abusing rules and bringing everything on board with them....it's to get overhead space.  That's the only reason. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #156 on: June 01, 2016, 10:25:27 PM »

Sitting in first class.. great, I board early and get a drink.. then I have to wait and wait, while hoards of dirty people walk past me to their seat. Yuck. It's awful.

That's what is great about flying on a large enough plane where business class or first class is up front, and the door entry for all those "dirty people" board behind you....no one walking by you to knock those cute knees of yours.

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #157 on: June 02, 2016, 11:02:13 AM »

Just hoverboard, and then your hands are free to check in.

feedback