[September 21, 2024, 08:14:25 AM]

MU Alumni playing in European and Foreign Leagues Thread by Herman Cain
[September 20, 2024, 07:45:48 PM]

Big East 2024 -25 Results by Herman Cain
[September 20, 2024, 06:05:27 PM]

TK/Oso Summer League by MU82
[September 20, 2024, 12:31:28 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: B&G Scrimmage

Marquette
Marquette

B&G Scrimmage

Date/Time: Oct 5, 2024 11:00am
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Recruiting as of 9/15/24  (Read 9506707 times)

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
Re: Recruiting as of 7/1/16
« Reply #2350 on: July 16, 2016, 01:58:29 PM »
I heard the parents did want them to play together and that would play a role in the decision. FWIW I heard that long before Sam committed to Marquette, and when Joey wasn't as highly regarded as he is now.

I've heard Nebraska is right up there, from someone that knows Tim Miles very well. I sort of scoffed at the comment, but worth noting.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #2351 on: July 16, 2016, 03:11:46 PM »
I've heard Nebraska is right up there, from someone that knows Tim Miles very well. I sort of scoffed at the comment, but worth noting.

Izzo > Miles...
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #2352 on: July 16, 2016, 04:14:49 PM »

If he committed today, I think we'd be the leader in the clubhouse, but it's really early. Kid isn't planning to make a decision for another year. Gard has really pushed hard and with Izzo already in and potentially other blue bloods to follow, this is far from done. We have Sam and we have a relationship with the family established.

I've heard a lot of good things about our chances with Joey, but it's a long way to go before he gives that verbal, and I'm sure Izzo won't be the only tough competition for his services.

Heard this spring that MU were the leaders and UW was behind because of their late recruitment of Sam.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #2353 on: July 17, 2016, 10:03:13 AM »
Galen Alexander to LSU.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2354 on: July 17, 2016, 10:47:19 AM »
Galen Alexander to LSU.

I would have liked Alexander, though I feel we have a number of other options that could fill his spot. Might be interesting to see if Marquette turns it up on Terrence Lewis now. Glad to know this now rather than chasing him for another 6 months.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #2355 on: July 17, 2016, 02:21:45 PM »
Don't be surprised if we get a commitment from an international player this weekend. Definitely in the lead to land the kid.

You've got us waiting with baited breath.  Hope we hear something soon.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #2356 on: July 17, 2016, 04:20:14 PM »
I would have liked Alexander, though I feel we have a number of other options that could fill his spot. Might be interesting to see if Marquette turns it up on Terrence Lewis now. Glad to know this now rather than chasing him for another 6 months.
Let's put max effort on signing Terrence Lewis.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 06:30:58 PM by Marquette Fan In NY »
“It was a Great Day until it wasn’t”
    ——Rory McIlroy on Final Round at Pinehurst

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #2357 on: July 17, 2016, 06:03:38 PM »
 Let's? As in Let us?

You can count on me to put max effort into all of our targets!

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2358 on: July 17, 2016, 08:00:57 PM »
Marquette in Xavier Tillman's final 4.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #2359 on: July 17, 2016, 09:43:50 PM »
Let's? As in Let us?

You can count on me to put max effort into all of our targets!
Thanks. We need all the help we can get.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #2360 on: July 17, 2016, 09:54:40 PM »
Jacob Epperson of AUSA PLATINUM  has just picked up offers from Marquette & Utah @VerbalCommits @EvanDaniels @NY2LASPORTSLIVE

Aussie Aussie Aussie!

Majerus looking out for MU from above?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 10:02:21 PM by Crean to Ann Arbor »
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2361 on: July 17, 2016, 09:59:34 PM »
So Xavier Tillman, Theo John, and Jacob Epperson.  It sounds like we have a very good chance to land any of those 3.  We already have Ike committed.  Do we want 2 of these, then?  What are the SF options we are looking at?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2362 on: July 17, 2016, 10:00:49 PM »
Marquette in Xavier Tillman's final 4.

“My final four is Michigan State, Purdue, Marquette and Florida,” Tillman said. “It’s strictly the relationship I have with the staff. Those guys are the guys that I would want to be around if I went to college there.”

Nice. I looked him up on ESPN, and MU didn't even get a mention. I guess they need to update their shyte!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

“Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism.” - George Washington

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2363 on: July 17, 2016, 10:01:52 PM »
“My final four is Michigan State, Purdue, Marquette and Florida,” Tillman said. “It’s strictly the relationship I have with the staff. Those guys are the guys that I would want to be around if I went to college there.”

Nice. I looked him up on ESPN, and MU didn't even get a mention. I guess they need to update their shyte!

Big East bias, ai'na?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2364 on: July 17, 2016, 10:07:29 PM »
So Xavier Tillman, Theo John, and Jacob Epperson.  It sounds like we have a very good chance to land any of those 3.  We already have Ike committed.  Do we want 2 of these, then?  What are the SF options we are looking at?

My most desired player in 2017 is Malik Williams, but I'm not at all optimistic on him. If he's not in the mix, my ideal three would be John, Xavier Tillman, and Terrence Lewis. That would allow Heldt to step to the fore for two years as starting center and allow John and Eke to develop. Xavier Tillman seems like the most ready-to-play of those and may be a touch undersized at the four but is physical enough to mix it up. Lewis is more of a wing, but has a tough edge that would allow him to play inside as well if necessary. Three guys that play like bigs, one wing that does it all, and all could have a little time to develop.

Of course, guys like Williams, Nwora, and Epperson could all be compelling adds, but at the moment, that's my top three for our remaining scholarships.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #2365 on: July 17, 2016, 10:42:48 PM »
Some NY2LA nuggets from his weekend.

Playground Elite 17U with Poole (Michigan) and T Williams won the 17u over Howard Pulley and the new Badger recruit by 8. They were taken to the brink early in the tourney by WI Shooters and won by 1. Jordan Poole took over late. The most interesting thing here was how far Phillip Flory has fallen. He switched teams again (Shooters to PE) and was not a factor at all for PE. He had another injury in Spring and looked slow. I watched the second half of the Shooters game and he barely played, and might of had a put back. Not a good fit. He still has the hype of the WI media, but I don't know.

Herro, McCabe and Co. bounced as early from a tourney as I have ever seen. Went home Sat. morning, losing to Team Blaze Select from Indiana. I came in just after they lost and was shocked.

I think Mac Irvin only played in the feature games on Weds./Thurs. and didn't enter bracket.

Joey Hauser's Barnstormer won 16U handily.

I was going to wait around and see the big guy we offered from Australia, but I had enough bball for the weekend. A couple of the kids who played against him said he was "awful" and a huge project. Again, I didn't see him.

On to Vegas this week.

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #2366 on: July 18, 2016, 09:03:19 AM »
Is flory still "committed" to Marquette? My guess is the offer will be withdrawn if he is.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #2367 on: July 18, 2016, 09:06:00 AM »
Is flory still "committed" to Marquette? My guess is the offer will be withdrawn if he is.

No; hasn't been for ages
The FBI screwed up in Butler, PA.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #2368 on: July 18, 2016, 09:06:07 AM »

No, he isn't.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #2369 on: July 18, 2016, 09:58:10 AM »

Playground Elite 17U with Poole (Michigan) and T Williams won the 17u over Howard Pulley and the new Badger recruit by 8. They were taken to the brink early in the tourney by WI Shooters and won by 1. Jordan Poole took over late. The most interesting thing here was how far Phillip Flory has fallen. He switched teams again (Shooters to PE) and was not a factor at all for PE. He had another injury in Spring and looked slow. I watched the second half of the Shooters game and he barely played, and might of had a put back. Not a good fit. He still has the hype of the WI media, but I don't know.

Herro, McCabe and Co. bounced as early from a tourney as I have ever seen. Went home Sat. morning, losing to Team Blaze Select from Indiana. I came in just after they lost and was shocked.

I think Mac Irvin only played in the feature games on Weds./Thurs. and didn't enter bracket.

I was going to wait around and see the big guy we offered from Australia, but I had enough bball for the weekend. A couple of the kids who played against him said he was "awful" and a huge project. Again, I didn't see him.

On to Vegas this week.

Did anyone watch Epperson play?  If so, how did he look?

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #2370 on: July 18, 2016, 11:54:25 AM »
Evan Daniels just posted an article on Scout about Joey. Here is the snippet on Marquette:

"I know them really well with my brother going there. It's a great school. It's a basketball school. So that makes it more appealing. I just really love Marquette."

He had nice things to talk about Wisconsin and Michigan State as well. But it does sound like those are the 3 big ones he is looking at right now.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #2371 on: July 18, 2016, 12:05:56 PM »

On to Vegas this week.
I hope Flory is able to find a home that fits his skill set.  Maybe he should  start looking at the bottom schools in D1 or possibly even options in D2 or D3.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #2372 on: July 18, 2016, 12:31:38 PM »
Evan Daniels just posted an article on Scout about Joey. Here is the snippet on Marquette:

"I know them really well with my brother going there. It's a great school. It's a basketball school. So that makes it more appealing. I just really love Marquette."

He had nice things to talk about Wisconsin and Michigan State as well. But it does sound like those are the 3 big ones he is looking at right now.

It's a battle of love: does the brother or the coach win the rose in the end?

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #2373 on: July 18, 2016, 12:41:44 PM »
Wojo offered Matthew Hurt. 2019 superstar. Plays up with D1 Minnesota 17's
The FBI screwed up in Butler, PA.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2374 on: July 18, 2016, 12:48:06 PM »
Wojo offered Matthew Hurt. 2019 superstar. Plays up with D1 Minnesota 17's

Awesome to hear!

I agree with your "superstar" reference - I've seen him play a few times, and he has an enormous upside.  Skinny as a beanpole, but very smooth for a kid his age.