[Today at 06:18:19 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by the eagle
[Today at 06:05:16 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by MuMark
[Today at 04:40:13 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Recruiting as of 3/15/24  (Read 8338268 times)

Jay Bee

• All American
Re: Recruiting as of 2/15
« Reply #875 on: March 23, 2016, 05:56:48 PM »
April. My guess is he wants to get his reclassification taken care of before announcing. Dad has said he's a 4.0 student so it shouldn't be an issue.
[/quote

A great GPA does not replace course requirements.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: Recruiting as of 2/15
« Reply #876 on: March 23, 2016, 06:05:06 PM »
April. My guess is he wants to get his reclassification taken care of before announcing. Dad has said he's a 4.0 student so it shouldn't be an issue.
[/quote

A great GPA does not replace course requirements.

I'll rephrase. I'm fairly certain it won't be an issue.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Lennys Tap

• All American
Re: Recruiting as of 3/15
« Reply #877 on: March 23, 2016, 06:25:47 PM »
This does sound like too much baggage. But Stan Johnson did help recruit him to Arizona State even after the burglary. Doesn't mean he'd recommend him now, but if Stan Johnson gave the thumbs up I could see Wojo making a run at him.

This would be over the top squirmy and "Just win, baby" to some. Hell, the Chico posse might rip Stan Johnson for recruiting the kid BEFORE he got in trouble. I'd love to see it just to watch their collective heads explode.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #878 on: March 23, 2016, 07:28:46 PM »
Jordan Bowden
Darrell Bowie
Euguene Omoruyi
Kalif Young
Eron Gordon
Markus Howard
Christian Vital
Bruno Fernando
Kavell Bigby-Williams
Tyson Jolly

Wojo and the coaches are very busy for 1 opening

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #879 on: March 23, 2016, 07:48:04 PM »
Jordan Bowden
Darrell Bowie
Euguene Omoruyi
Kalif Young
Eron Gordon
Markus Howard
Christian Vital
Bruno Fernando
Kavell Bigby-Williams
Tyson Jolly

Wojo and the coaches are very busy for 1 opening

Well you got to operate as if Henry is gone. So two spots. And prepping for a possible transfer is always good practice. I mean, what else do the coaches have to do right now?
TAMU

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #880 on: March 23, 2016, 08:03:14 PM »
Well you got to operate as if Henry is gone. So two spots. And prepping for a possible transfer is always good practice. I mean, what else do the coaches have to do right now?

I was simply stating the obvious. Coaches are busy around the country

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #881 on: March 23, 2016, 09:59:04 PM »
Kavell Bigby-Williams. Apparently a heavy Oregon lean. http://www.oregonlive.com/recruiting/index.ssf/2016/03/kavell_bigby-williams_4-star_j.html

Marquette connection here. Bigby-Williams plays for Gillette College with Marqueese Grayson, who happens to be the cousin of Jimmy Butler. Butler has gone out to Wyoming to see the Pronghorns play and I saw a photo on Instagram of him with Bigby-Williams. No idea if that would help our cause as it's a different staff, but there is a little bit of a connection.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

HoopsterBC

• All American
« Reply #882 on: March 23, 2016, 10:31:27 PM »
Marquette connection here. Bigby-Williams plays for Gillette College with Marqueese Grayson, who happens to be the cousin of Jimmy Butler. Butler has gone out to Wyoming to see the Pronghorns play and I saw a photo on Instagram of him with Bigby-Williams. No idea if that would help our cause as it's a different staff, but there is a little bit of a connection.

If anything you can see the commitment the basketball team has financially to run all over the place, that is for sure.  Lots of crystal balls for Oregon, if he visits MU
then they might have a chance.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #883 on: March 23, 2016, 10:51:02 PM »
NM
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 10:57:15 PM by VegasWarrior77 »
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #884 on: March 23, 2016, 10:59:11 PM »
ASU's Savon Goodman will transfer--eligble immediately. Averaged 10 and 6 this year. Wonder if the ASU-Marquette pipeline could work there?  He's a bit small for  PF position, however.
He can play.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

MUWarrior4Life

• Team Captain
  • Pro Deo Et Patria
« Reply #885 on: March 24, 2016, 07:28:38 AM »
UWM AD Amanda Braun put a restriction on 3 UWM players seeking to transfer, no Horizon League team and Marquette

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #886 on: March 24, 2016, 08:00:49 AM »
Is this where some of y'all are at? Lamentin' the fact that we can't sign UWM playas? Pathetic, hey? But, keep reppin', ai na?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #887 on: March 24, 2016, 08:16:32 AM »
Is this where some of y'all are at? Lamentin' the fact that we can't sign UWM playas? Pathetic, hey? But, keep reppin', ai na?

No one said that.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #888 on: March 24, 2016, 08:30:30 AM »
UWM AD Amanda Braun put a restriction on 3 UWM players seeking to transfer, no Horizon League team and Marquette

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think you can actually put restrictions on graduate transfers, which two of those players are.
TAMU

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #889 on: March 25, 2016, 09:59:15 AM »

Per @JucoRecruiting:

"Kavell Bigby-Williams considering four schools Oregon, Texas, San Diego St & Colorado. Oregon out in front"

HoopsterBC

• All American
« Reply #890 on: March 25, 2016, 11:26:01 AM »
Per @JucoRecruiting:

"Kavell Bigby-Williams considering four schools Oregon, Texas, San Diego St & Colorado. Oregon out in front"

Cross him off,  wonder if MU has a chance with the other bigs looked at?  It would be a shame if they could not entice one big in having the ability to start right away.
Then you have to question Wojo's ability to recruit, as there is a need right now!

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #891 on: March 25, 2016, 11:54:47 AM »
Cross him off,  wonder if MU has a chance with the other bigs looked at?  It would be a shame if they could not entice one big in having the ability to start right away.
Then you have to question Wojo's ability to recruit, as there is a need right now!

Yes lets question Wojo's ability to recruit.....even though he had a top 10 class and landed our first MCD All American in 30 years coming off a losing season in his first year as a head coach. 2 more top 100 kids in his 2nd class doesn't count either..... ::)

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #892 on: March 25, 2016, 12:18:52 PM »

Seeing as I never even put him on the list.......   ::)

HoopsterBC

• All American
« Reply #893 on: March 25, 2016, 12:36:12 PM »
Yes lets question Wojo's ability to recruit.....even though he had a top 10 class and landed our first MCD All American in 30 years coming off a losing season in his first year as a head coach. 2 more top 100 kids in his 2nd class doesn't count either..... ::)

Unfortunately, what he did last year is over, did a great job of acquiring good players last year and one lottery pick.  But the team did not get into a tournament, which is
about top 100 or so.  Yes, it was probably due to the December scheduling fiasco.  But without a real replacement for Henry,  this team is not physically big enough at
most positions to compete at a higher level next year.  So in saying that, it is about recruiting.  A year from now MU is in the same position, what are you going to say
then, and you lose Luke next year.  Bottom Line, need some type of big.  Unless JJJ, Cheatham and Carter turn into Archie, Hart and Jenkins, then it does not matter.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #894 on: March 25, 2016, 12:38:40 PM »

Not to mention that if he lands Howard, which I fully expect, we will have a top 15 class per 247
TAMU

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #895 on: March 25, 2016, 12:49:57 PM »
Unfortunately, what he did last year is over, did a great job of acquiring good players last year and one lottery pick.  But the team did not get into a tournament, which is about top 100 or so.  Yes, it was probably due to the December scheduling fiasco.  But without a real replacement for Henry,  this team is not physically big enough at most positions to compete at a higher level next year.  So in saying that, it is about recruiting.  A year from now MU is in the same position, what are you going to say then, and you lose Luke next year.  Bottom Line, need some type of big.  Unless JJJ, Cheatham and Carter turn into Archie, Hart and Jenkins, then it does not matter.

Please remember to wake me up after the sky falls.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 12:52:40 PM by Crean to Ann Arbor »
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

HoopsterBC

• All American
« Reply #896 on: March 25, 2016, 12:56:11 PM »
Not to mention that if he lands Howard, which I fully expect, we will have a top 15 class per 247

If he signs Howard which I expect him to do, it will be a nice class, to bad Bailey in my mind does not count as 3 years from now is along time.  But signing 2 under 6'
foot guards does not do it for me.  Its like the Packers not trying to replace what they need.  They have 4 needs and poor Ted will not bring in a veteran.  Probably 11
new players there, youngest team in football again.  You have to replace what you have lost, so far, they have not.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #897 on: March 25, 2016, 01:14:30 PM »
If he signs Howard which I expect him to do, it will be a nice class, to bad Bailey in my mind does not count as 3 years from now is along time.  But signing 2 under 6'
foot guards does not do it for me.  Its like the Packers not trying to replace what they need.  They have 4 needs and poor Ted will not bring in a veteran.  Probably 11
new players there, youngest team in football again.  You have to replace what you have lost, so far, they have not.

I think Ted is doing pretty well too
TAMU

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #898 on: March 25, 2016, 01:16:50 PM »
'16 Christian Vital from St. Thomas More (CT)/PSA Cardinals is down to Alabama, Iowa, Louisville, Marquette & UCONN, his coach announced

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #899 on: March 25, 2016, 01:22:56 PM »
'16 Christian Vital from St. Thomas More (CT)/PSA Cardinals is down to Alabama, Iowa, Louisville, Marquette & UCONN, his coach announced

My gut tells me it's uconn
TAMU