[Today at 06:18:19 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by the eagle
[Today at 06:05:16 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by MuMark
[Today at 04:40:13 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Recruiting as of 3/15/24  (Read 8338288 times)

We R Final Four

• All American
Re: Recruiting as of 2/15
« Reply #750 on: March 12, 2016, 09:51:30 AM »
That's nothing--post something about FG% if you want to get a reaction from JB.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #751 on: March 12, 2016, 04:39:04 PM »
Anyone been out to any HS games today & seen Wojo or the assistants? Would assume they are at the SPASH & Whitnall games right now.

TWC (who's broadcasting the Whitnall game) tweeted pictures of Darner, Jeter, & Gard at the game.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #752 on: March 12, 2016, 04:46:40 PM »
Anyone been out to any HS games today & seen Wojo or the assistants? Would assume they are at the SPASH & Whitnall games right now.

TWC (who's broadcasting the Whitnall game) tweeted pictures of Darner, Jeter, & Gard at the game.

He watched Terrance Lewis at Riverside earlier today.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #753 on: March 12, 2016, 04:55:51 PM »

As always, thank you BrewCity77

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #754 on: March 12, 2016, 04:57:00 PM »
Wojo and Brett Nelson at the Whitnall game.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #755 on: March 12, 2016, 06:21:51 PM »

Was at the Whitnall game.  Sat right next to Wojo and Brett Nelson.  Got a picture with both of them.

Gard was there as well.  Walked in and he was buying a ticket right in front of me.  Said, "Congrats Gard" and he said, "Thank you" as he looked up, only then seeing my Marquette sweatshirt.  Turned and walked away quickly as I said, "Go Marquette."
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 07:51:43 PM by HowardsWorld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #756 on: March 12, 2016, 06:23:37 PM »
Watched the stream cast of Stevens Point vs Appleton West.  Sam Hauser is the real deal.  Smooth player.  Beautiful stroke.  Very good defender.  Good shot blocker.  He scored 20 points.  Will definitely help Marquette next year.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #757 on: March 12, 2016, 06:26:29 PM »
Watched the stream cast of Stevens Point vs Appleton West.  Sam Hauser is the real deal.  Smooth player.  Beautiful stroke.  Very good defender.  Good shot blocker.  He scored 20 points.  Will definitely help Marquette next year.

Saw UW sent an assistant to the SPASH game. Safe to assume Carrawell / Stan were at the game as well.

brandx

« Reply #758 on: March 12, 2016, 06:38:58 PM »
Was at the Whitnall game. 

Gard was there as well.  Walked in and he was buying a ticket right in front of me.  Said, "Congrats Gard" and he said, "Thank you" as he looked up, only then seeing my Marquette sweatshirt.  Turned and walked away quickly as I said, "Go Marquette."

Would be interested in your opinion.

This is the first time I have seen Herro play. He reminded me of a guard/wing version of Henry. I don't mean he will be that good or a top 10 player as a senior, but his court awareness and basketball IQ are off the charts. Sees the entire floor extremely well. He will be an offensive force wherever he ends up playing.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 09:35:04 PM by brandx »

brandx

« Reply #759 on: March 12, 2016, 06:41:02 PM »

Think Darner might have been there for the Taylor kid at Whitnall. Don't think they will be in the running for Herro

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #760 on: March 12, 2016, 06:42:58 PM »
Think Darner might have been there for the Taylor kid at Whitnall. Don't think they will be in the running for Herro

I know they were there for the previous game watching Diener

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #761 on: March 12, 2016, 06:53:02 PM »
Would be interested in your opinion.

This is the first time I have seen Herro play. He reminded me of a guard/wing version of Henry. I don't mean he will be that good or a top 10 player as a senior, but his court awareness and basketball IQ are off the charts. Sees the entire floor extremely well. He will be an offensive force wherever he ends up playing.

His ability to keep his defender on his hip while advancing the ball with the dribble reminded me a lot of how Hank used to be able to do so in high school.  He handles the ball better with his off hand than some D1 guards do with their dominant hand.

Overall he seems to try to play a lot like Bronson Koenig did in high school.  Better shooter/quicker release.  Long and uses it to get to the rim well.  Have seen him play before and I didn't think he played very well today compared to what I've seen from him in the past.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 06:55:52 PM by HowardsWorld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

brandx

« Reply #762 on: March 12, 2016, 09:21:04 PM »
His ability to keep his defender on his hip while advancing the ball with the dribble reminded me a lot of how Hank used to be able to do so in high school.  He handles the ball better with his off hand than some D1 guards do with their dominant hand.

Overall he seems to try to play a lot like Bronson Koenig did in high school.  Better shooter/quicker release.  Long and uses it to get to the rim well.  Have seen him play before and I didn't think he played very well today compared to what I've seen from him in the past.

Thanks Wade.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #763 on: March 12, 2016, 10:16:12 PM »
Was at the Whitnall game.  Sat right next to Wojo and Brett Nelson.  Got a picture with both of them.

::)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #764 on: March 14, 2016, 02:43:46 PM »
I'm feeling confident. Time to break out the name change. Following Big Daddy and Wades' lead of course
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #765 on: March 14, 2016, 04:04:21 PM »
I'm feeling confident. Time to break out the name change. Following Big Daddy and Wades' lead of course

I am cautiously optimistic. Interesting to see that things are "warmer" for MUBB on Fernando as well. No predictions yet, but they are recognizing the press by the coaching staff.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

oldwarrior81

• All American
« Reply #766 on: March 14, 2016, 04:35:48 PM »

Darner and Jeter were at the Cedarburg / Kaukauna game in Menasha.    In addition to Diener at Cedarburg, Kaukauna has McCabe.

Those that remember, John Diener's father Coach Tom Diener played at UWGB when they were a dominant D2 team in the late 70's.  The 1978 team only lost twice, the D2 national championship game to Coach John Chaney at Cheyney State and a 55-49 loss at DePaul, which went onto the Elite 8 that season. 

Diener was elected to the UWGB Hall Of Fame. 
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 04:48:41 PM by oldwarrior81 »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #767 on: March 14, 2016, 04:37:27 PM »

Just for the record, I didn't change my name and Henry chose the Warriors, so I ain't fixin' what ain't broke!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #768 on: March 14, 2016, 04:45:13 PM »
I am cautiously optimistic. Interesting to see that things are "warmer" for MUBB on Fernando as well. No predictions yet, but they are recognizing the press by the coaching staff.

Fernando would be a big get. I'm not optimistic there. If he sets a visit date, I'll start to believe.
TAMU

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #769 on: March 14, 2016, 05:46:56 PM »
Kalif young took an unofficial visit to Vanderbilt and got to hang with the players & coaches. Orangeville was playing in TN, hence the easy unofficial.

He plans on taking an Official visit there after the season. Still wide open

(Per rivals)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 05:51:38 PM by WarriorPride68 »

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #770 on: March 15, 2016, 10:56:00 AM »
I find Bruno Fernando from Monteverde Academy intriguing.

He's one of a handful of Top 100 bigs that haven't yet committed. Good size at 6'10" and 225 pounds. ESPN describes him as a "strong and physical post that runs the floor, finishes and rebounds on both ends and protects the rim with his shot blocking." Evan Daniels of Scout Hoops says he's "mobile, active, aggressive and takes pride in his effort on the defensive end of the floor."

Not a lot of information since December that I've seen. About a month ago, Zagsblog reported he'll make his decision soon (without mentioning a date) and that the frontrunners "appear to be SMU, Alabama, LSU, Marquette, N.C. State and Florida State" (a pretty large and diverse group).

Wonder if he's waiting to see which college players declare for the draft — and where his best opportunity is?

At Marquette and LSU, Ellenson and Ben Simmons are both projected as top 10 picks. SMU's a good team, but Jordan Tolbert (6-7/240, 11.6 ppg, 8.5 rpg) and Ben Moore (6-8/205, 11.9 ppg, 7.4 rpg) seem to hold down the front court. I don't know what the deal is with the others. Florida St. and N.C. State finished 11th and 13th in the ACC, respectively. Alabama was 10th in the SEC. Not exactly competitive basketball schools.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #771 on: March 15, 2016, 12:02:31 PM »
I find Bruno Fernando from Monteverde Academy intriguing.

Not a lot of information since December that I've seen. About a month ago, Zagsblog reported he'll make his decision soon (without mentioning a date) and that the frontrunners "appear to be SMU, Alabama, LSU, Marquette, N.C. State and Florida State" (a pretty large and diverse group).

Bruno took an official visit to Alabama a couple weeks ago. Some of the premium articles I have read, peg Bama as the front runners.

FSU & SMU both recently added 2016 big men in the last month. Which might affect their recruitment levels.

Bruno still needs to get qualifying scores. As of last month he still had not taken the ACT/SAT.

Both Bruno & Kalif are going to be waiting for quite some time it seems. But both are worth the wait, for whichever school they decide on

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #772 on: March 15, 2016, 12:25:24 PM »
Bruno took an official visit to Alabama a couple weeks ago. Some of the premium articles I have read, peg Bama as the front runners.

FSU & SMU both recently added 2016 big men in the last month. Which might affect their recruitment levels.

Bruno still needs to get qualifying scores. As of last month he still had not taken the ACT/SAT.

Both Bruno & Kalif are going to be waiting for quite some time it seems. But both are worth the wait, for whichever school they decide on

Seems like trying for a grad transfer PF first while still recruiting Bruno and Young would be a sound strategy.
TAMU

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #773 on: March 15, 2016, 01:26:53 PM »

Both Bruno & Kalif are going to be waiting for quite some time it seems. But both are worth the wait, for whichever school they decide on.

Thanks for the info. I know recruiting predictions are about as speculative as speculative gets. But for some inexplicable reason, I feel better just knowing we're in the running for some top new talent. (Actually landing them is, of course, even better.)

Not too far now from April when Howard said he would announce.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

moomoo

• Team Captain
« Reply #774 on: March 15, 2016, 02:00:12 PM »
I'm just as interested in Eugene Omoruyi.

You want a junk yard dog?

Think Jamil Wilson with an attitude would be useful?

Fingers crossed.
Silenzio. Parla il moomoo.