'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Recruiting as of 3/15/24  (Read 8340411 times)

JWags85

• All American
Re: Recruiting as of 2/1
« Reply #450 on: February 16, 2016, 02:45:11 PM »
Yep, and he'll see a packed BC when he comes in for the Villanova game.

2014 Avg. Attendance
Marquette - 15,327
Baylor - 6,806
Arizona St. - 6,687
Central Ark. - 955

Yeesh.  I get the brother influence but that would be one of the largest recruiting coups of all time.  A school that has barely been D-1 for 10 years, averages under 1000 in attendance, and has won 8 games in the last 2 years (Season to date) while playing in a bad conference.  If we lose out to CAU, I wouldn't even be mad, blood is thicker than water in that case.

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #451 on: February 16, 2016, 04:39:41 PM »

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #452 on: February 16, 2016, 09:00:52 PM »

PoP –  ‏@PremierBall

Marquette HC Steve Wojo watching Brendan Bailey; American Fork HS. (UT) tonight. Bailey recently coming off a 40 point game shooting 14-20fg

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #453 on: February 16, 2016, 09:50:30 PM »
PoP –  ‏@PremierBall

Marquette HC Steve Wojo watching Brendan Bailey; American Fork HS. (UT) tonight. Bailey recently coming off a 40 point game shooting 14-20fg

After Stan watched him this past weekend. Makes you wonder if they are trying to get him to change his mind regarding his mission.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #454 on: February 16, 2016, 09:53:11 PM »
After Stan watched him this past weekend. Makes you wonder if they are trying to get him to change his mind regarding his mission.

Just like Jake & Elwood, he's on a mission from God.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #455 on: February 16, 2016, 09:56:57 PM »
Baylor has lower level empty seats everywhere in a big game vs IsU lol.

Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #456 on: February 16, 2016, 10:14:08 PM »
Baylor has lower level empty seats everywhere in a big game vs IsU lol.

And unfortunately will be dancing in March.

Caught the ending / overtime. Good energy at the very end atleast. Big win over #13 ISU for them without Rico Gathers

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #457 on: February 16, 2016, 10:17:02 PM »

Caught the ending / overtime. Good energy at the very end atleast. Big win over #13 ISU for them without Rico Gathers

Isu has to be one of the most disappointing teams this year. Return almost everyone and still losing a lot of games in such a bad year.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #458 on: February 16, 2016, 10:18:58 PM »
Isu has to be one of the most disappointing teams this year. Return almost everyone and still losing a lot of games in such a bad year.

Agreed. Very undisciplined. 0 bench points tonight (with McKay coming off bench)

ronald dragon

• Team Captain
« Reply #459 on: February 16, 2016, 10:25:33 PM »
I feel like they have always struggled when they're not at home.

CubillanSandwich

• Walk-On

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #461 on: February 17, 2016, 07:37:40 AM »

I watched that whole game.  Deonte really likes to shoot.  It's like he has no concept of what's going on around him.

WarriorInNYC

• All American
« Reply #462 on: February 17, 2016, 08:46:41 AM »
Agreed. Very undisciplined. 0 bench points tonight (with McKay coming off bench)
Looking at the box score, do they not have any depth?  Minute distribution for the overtime game:

Niang - 42
Nader - 42
Morris - 45
Thomas - 44
Burton - 27
McKay - 20
Cooke - 0 (assuming here he subbed in and then back out really quickly)
Ashton - 5

There isn't a whole lot of resting going on there.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #463 on: February 17, 2016, 09:15:16 AM »
Looking at the box score, do they not have any depth?  Minute distribution for the overtime game:

Niang - 42
Nader - 42
Morris - 45
Thomas - 44
Burton - 27
McKay - 20
Cooke - 0 (assuming here he subbed in and then back out really quickly)
Ashton - 5

There isn't a whole lot of resting going on there.

Rosthein touched on this after the game also, saying Prohm is running his guys into the ground. Crazy how much the starters play. & yes that Cooke kid came in at the end when it was over & jacked up a missed 3

MU82

• All American
« Reply #464 on: February 17, 2016, 09:38:22 AM »

Deonte really likes to shoot.  It's like he has no concept of what's going on around him.

This just in - ha!

GOO

• All American
« Reply #465 on: February 17, 2016, 09:58:30 AM »
Burton had the worst tunnel vision when he had the ball I've ever seen.  I have not seen him play since MU, but at MU I mean that literally and not exaggerated. 

I was hoping that he would improve, but it sounds like he has not from these posts.  At MU when he had the ball he only saw the rim.  Wojo tried to help him on this by benching him, appropriately, to get him to buy into the idea that he wasn't the only guy on the court on offense... and oy ya, you actually have to try to play defense...

Burton seemed unable to adopt his game to a team concept and resisted Wojo's attempts.  And I mean unable... it was either I have the ball and it's going towards the rim.. or towards the end of his short stay, I will make no effort on offense and pass the ball to a teammate who comes towards me to get it... no in-between; no ability to feel the game and work himself into a team effort...

There is still plenty of time for him, he has the physical tools, no doubt.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #466 on: February 17, 2016, 10:15:26 AM »
The last minute of regulation was a great example of both what gets you excited and frustrates people about Deonte.  He got the ball on the wing with about 20 seconds to go, and tried a turn around jumper that was blocked.  I mean, he went up immediately with no sense of what was going on around him.  He got the ball back off the block, but threw it out of bounds.

On the next possession, Baylor ran a nice play to get the ball inside for a seemingly wide open layup.  But Burton came from the opposite side of the rim and made an incredible block.

He's always going to be a guy that you WANT to believe in, but if you invest too much in him, is just going to do something boneheaded.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #467 on: February 17, 2016, 11:26:05 AM »
The last minute of regulation was a great example of both what gets you excited and frustrates people about Deonte.  He got the ball on the wing with about 20 seconds to go, and tried a turn around jumper that was blocked.  I mean, he went up immediately with no sense of what was going on around him.  He got the ball back off the block, but threw it out of bounds.

On the next possession, Baylor ran a nice play to get the ball inside for a seemingly wide open layup.  But Burton came from the opposite side of the rim and made an incredible block.

He's always going to be a guy that you WANT to believe in, but if you invest too much in him, is just going to do something boneheaded.

I like this description.

He's this era's Artie Green. If he improves, he could maybe become this era's Oliver Lee.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #468 on: February 17, 2016, 11:37:30 AM »
Burton for the year came in shooting close to 55% before the game last night . And making some 3s.

His issue has more so been he fouls literally everytime you truly attack right at him and he sucks at the line.

Isu has no depth. Cooke hasn't played since he got his 1 game suspension. Obviously Prohm gave in to McKay after 1 loss. But Cooke still punished.

MU_Iceman

• Team Captain
« Reply #469 on: February 17, 2016, 02:30:15 PM »
Markus Howard - 4-star PG - We want him bad. Many are pegging us as the front-runner. Deciding in April

Kalif Young - PF from Canada - not ranked but getting lots of high major interest. Could really use him when Henry leaves. Waiting until April/May to decide

Bruno Fernando - Top 100 PF from Montverde Academy - Deciding soon. FSU considered the front runner and MU is a little late to the party

Jordan Bowden - Combo guard from TN - not highly ranked. Our recruitment of him and other guards has caused some to speculate that someone other than Henry is leaving.

Darius Hicks - PF on the same team as Bowden - a 3-star on ESPN but getting a lot of looks from high majors. Notice the PF trend. Henry likely gone and staff knows it.

These are mainly the most recent names to have come up. I'm sure there are others.

Dream world: we get Howard and Fernando
My opinion: we only get Howard
Wouldn't be surprised if: we get none

These are all for 2016 (Howard likely to reclassify). There are others for 2017 and beyond I'm sure

Took me a while to get back on here but thanks for the rundown...fingers crossed, I guess!

MU_Iceman

• Team Captain
« Reply #470 on: February 17, 2016, 02:32:28 PM »
FYI Ice.  I regularly update the very first post.  Go back to p.1 and the chart is basically current.   :)

GOOD TO KNOW!!! 

#crawlsbackintohole

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #471 on: February 17, 2016, 04:09:44 PM »
What about recruiting???

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #472 on: February 17, 2016, 04:26:19 PM »
Markus Howard - 4-star PG - We want him bad. Many are pegging us as the front-runner. Deciding in April

Kalif Young - PF from Canada - not ranked but getting lots of high major interest. Could really use him when Henry leaves. Waiting until April/May to decide

Bruno Fernando - Top 100 PF from Montverde Academy - Deciding soon. FSU considered the front runner and MU is a little late to the party

Jordan Bowden - Combo guard from TN - not highly ranked. Our recruitment of him and other guards has caused some to speculate that someone other than Henry is leaving.

Darius Hicks - PF on the same team as Bowden - a 3-star on ESPN but getting a lot of looks from high majors. Notice the PF trend. Henry likely gone and staff knows it.

These are mainly the most recent names to have come up. I'm sure there are others.

Dream world: we get Howard and Fernando
My opinion: we only get Howard
Wouldn't be surprised if: we get none

These are all for 2016 (Howard likely to reclassify). There are others for 2017 and beyond I'm sure

I like that Howard seems genuinely excited about Marquette. The other mentions of schools seem like things you can say about any place. His lines about Wojo and Marquette feel like they have him engaged and leaning.

I'd love to see Fernando or Young in addition to MH. MH and one of those would really keep the offense dynamic. Add in Rowsey and a team that is a year older... could be a fun season.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #473 on: February 17, 2016, 04:57:04 PM »
http://m.jsonline.com/sports/preps/kostas-antetokounmpo-making-a-name-for-himself-at-dominican-b99670083z1-368913091.html

JS article on Kostas.  Nothing new.

Solid line against a decent-sized public school. "On Saturday in a 75-62 victory over Racine Case, he made 12 of 14 shots and scored a career-high 26 points while grabbing 11 rebounds and dishing out six assists. The assist total equaled the season-high he set Tuesday against Martin Luther, and his double-digit effort on the glass was two off the season-high he set four days earlier."

Wish we had a schollie to burn. I have a feeling he will be a glue guy on offense and a monster defender as a junior and senior. 6'11" guy who can move and most likely fill out like his brother will be a useful player. It is just whether or not you(/Kostas) are ok with him riding the bench for two years to develop some more.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #474 on: February 17, 2016, 05:14:58 PM »
Solid line against a decent-sized public school. "On Saturday in a 75-62 victory over Racine Case, he made 12 of 14 shots and scored a career-high 26 points while grabbing 11 rebounds and dishing out six assists. The assist total equaled the season-high he set Tuesday against Martin Luther, and his double-digit effort on the glass was two off the season-high he set four days earlier."

Wish we had a schollie to burn. I have a feeling he will be a glue guy on offense and a monster defender as a junior and senior. 6'11" guy who can move and most likely fill out like his brother will be a useful player. It is just whether or not you(/Kostas) are ok with him riding the bench for two years to develop some more.

The biggest point to take away from that is his career high is a number right around what a lot of true high major players average their senior years in high school.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

feedback