[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by TallTitan34
[March 27, 2024, 10:20:50 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Hallmarq
[March 27, 2024, 09:09:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Recruiting as of 3/15/24  (Read 8336107 times)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
Re: Recruiting as of 2/1
« Reply #425 on: February 14, 2016, 08:19:54 PM »
Do da broads shave their pits in Italy, hey?

that's good!  how the hell are ya supposed to tell the difference between the men and the women otherwise??
don't...don't don't don't don't

moomoo

• Team Captain
« Reply #426 on: February 15, 2016, 04:41:53 AM »
that's good!  how the hell are ya supposed to tell the difference between the men and the women otherwise??

Take it easy, gentlemen.

Grazie.

Silenzio. Parla il moomoo.

MU_Iceman

• Team Captain
« Reply #427 on: February 15, 2016, 02:35:06 PM »
Okay, so for those of us who don't have the time (or patience) to read through 17 pages, does anyone have a quick rundown of recruits that we're actively in on right now (HS and/or JUCO)?  I tried playing around on ESPN's recruiting site but we all know how unreliable they are...

KampusFoods

• All American
« Reply #428 on: February 15, 2016, 02:47:55 PM »
Markus Howard - 4-star PG - We want him bad. Many are pegging us as the front-runner. Deciding in April

Kalif Young - PF from Canada - not ranked but getting lots of high major interest. Could really use him when Henry leaves. Waiting until April/May to decide

Bruno Fernando - Top 100 PF from Montverde Academy - Deciding soon. FSU considered the front runner and MU is a little late to the party

Jordan Bowden - Combo guard from TN - not highly ranked. Our recruitment of him and other guards has caused some to speculate that someone other than Henry is leaving.

Darius Hicks - PF on the same team as Bowden - a 3-star on ESPN but getting a lot of looks from high majors. Notice the PF trend. Henry likely gone and staff knows it.

These are mainly the most recent names to have come up. I'm sure there are others.

Dream world: we get Howard and Fernando
My opinion: we only get Howard
Wouldn't be surprised if: we get none

These are all for 2016 (Howard likely to reclassify). There are others for 2017 and beyond I'm sure
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 02:58:58 PM by RKMU123 »

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #429 on: February 15, 2016, 03:00:22 PM »
Markus Howard - 4-star PG - We want him bad. Many are pegging us as the front-runner. Deciding in April

Kalif Young - PF from Canada - not ranked but getting lots of high major interest. Could really use him when Henry leaves. Waiting until April/May to decide

Bruno Fernando - Top 100 PF from Montverde Academy - Deciding soon. FSU considered the front runner and MU is a little late to the party

Jordan Bowden - Combo guard from TN - not highly ranked. Our recruitment of him and other guards has caused some to speculate that someone other than Henry is leaving.

Darius Hicks - PF on the same team as Bowden - a 3-star on ESPN but getting a lot of looks from high majors. Notice the PF trend. Henry likely gone and staff knows it.

These are mainly the most recent names to have come up. I'm sure there are others.

Dream world: we get Howard and Fernando
My opinion: we only get Howard
Wouldn't be surprised if: we get none

These are all for 2016 (Howard likely to reclassify). There are others for 2017 and beyond I'm sure

Wojo was watching Eron Gordon the other day, 2016 combo guard

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #430 on: February 15, 2016, 03:40:19 PM »
Notice the PF trend. Henry likely gone and staff knows it.

Even if Henry stays for another year, there's still a void in bigs on the roster. Does anyone want to see junior-year Heldt and a couple frosh manning the post in '17-18?

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #431 on: February 15, 2016, 03:57:24 PM »
I believe junior MH will be much better than Frosh MH. The thought of Junior MH manning the post doesn't scare me. Depends on who we get as freshmen and transfers as well.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #432 on: February 15, 2016, 03:59:47 PM »
I believe junior MH will be much better than Frosh MH. The thought of Junior MH manning the post doesn't scare me. Depends on who we get as freshmen and transfers as well.

Was so confused reading that thinking you were talking about Markus Howard :)

UticaBusBarn

• Team Captain
« Reply #433 on: February 15, 2016, 04:16:24 PM »

The predominance of posts seem to focus on getting/replacing "bigs."

It strikes this fan that the real need is guards - as in, lots of them. MU can have all the Henry and Fischer types in the world, but without talented guards the Warriors will remain at the bottom of the Big East.

An example of the importance of good guard play can be seen from Villanova, or more recently, Creighton.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #434 on: February 15, 2016, 04:22:28 PM »
The predominance of posts seem to focus on getting/replacing "bigs."

It strikes this fan that the real need is guards - as in, lots of them. MU can have all the Henry and Fischer types in the world, but without talented guards the Warriors will remain at the bottom of the Big East.

An example of the importance of good guard play can be seen from Villanova, or more recently, Creighton.

Carter, Cheatham, Rowsey, and JJJ can do that for us.  Hopefully we also land Howard.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #435 on: February 15, 2016, 04:37:28 PM »

While it couldn't hurt, I am not sure how much that matters.  He is selling building the program and how a player will fit into that.
I think it helps on the margin. Makes it one less leap of faith for a recruit and family to make.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #436 on: February 15, 2016, 05:50:02 PM »

Unranked? Horrors! We don't want him then.

Gotta be ranked. Ranked players always turn out to be studs!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #437 on: February 15, 2016, 06:59:50 PM »
Okay, so for those of us who don't have the time (or patience) to read through 17 pages, does anyone have a quick rundown of recruits that we're actively in on right now (HS and/or JUCO)?  I tried playing around on ESPN's recruiting site but we all know how unreliable they are...

FYI Ice.  I regularly update the very first post.  Go back to p.1 and the chart is basically current.   :)

WarriorPride68

• All American

MU82

• All American
« Reply #439 on: February 16, 2016, 10:27:51 AM »
Markus Howard update:

http://ny2lasports.com/article_one.aspx?articleid=3364#sthash.6TPUbHBw.uxfs&st_refDomain=t.co&st_refQuery=/FOUQFm2wqR

"I love that they pack that Bradley Center in Wisconsin, they have a lot of fans they’re really excited."

Interesting.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #440 on: February 16, 2016, 10:29:41 AM »
Markus Howard update:

http://ny2lasports.com/article_one.aspx?articleid=3364#sthash.6TPUbHBw.uxfs&st_refDomain=t.co&st_refQuery=/FOUQFm2wqR
Tradition of point guards at Baylor???  Granted I don't follow them that closely, but I've never considered them to be known for PGs.  I've always associated them with long 6-9 guys that can run the floor.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #441 on: February 16, 2016, 10:33:47 AM »
What's da seatin' capacity of da BC again, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #442 on: February 16, 2016, 11:53:29 AM »
Even if Henry stays for another year, there's still a void in bigs on the roster. Does anyone want to see junior-year Heldt and a couple frosh manning the post in '17-18?

My exact thought.

Henry is gone. But this isn't really the indicator. We need PFs regardless of what Hank decides wth his life
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #443 on: February 16, 2016, 12:28:26 PM »
What's da seatin' capacity of da BC again, hey?
While our attendance is down, we still draw pretty well compared to most basketball programs.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #444 on: February 16, 2016, 01:25:19 PM »
While our attendance is down, we still draw pretty well compared to most basketball programs.
I guarantee when a recruit goes to one of our games it is a very impressive experience. NBA arena with College Hoo Ha.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

onepost

• All American
« Reply #445 on: February 16, 2016, 01:27:08 PM »
How no one else has brought up that Markus Howard looks just like Bruno Mars is beyond me.  Big Bruno fan, and an even bigger Markus fan.  I definitely like our odds here, and Indiana getting scratched is a pretty big deal IMO, as they were my #1 worry (shoe-in Yogi replacement).  Stan Johnson has been paying some serious dividends thus far.  On the Ellenson side of things, I was told from my managing buddy the expectation within is he's gone and Wojo is 100% supportive of him bouncing, hence our PF searching.  All that said, the door is still open and he may want to make a run next year.

In other words, I know just as much as you guys and that's not very much.  From Day 1, in my opinion, he has had the ability to leave for the NBA whenever he wanted, that was never the issue - whether or not we feel he's "NBA ready" he would be taken in a heartbeat very early on because of his potential.  The fact he's averaged a double-double while showing flashes of great outside shooting (Butler) and guard-like ball handling is all they need to see.  It's always been when HE wants to leave.  And in that regard it's kinda pointless to sit here and debate on whether he will go or not because I'm sure even he isn't totally sure what he's gonna do.  I've always been under the optimistic impression he would be here for 2: Wally, great relationship with Wojo, close-knit young team who will only be that much more dangerous next season.  But I also didn't expect him to average 16 and 10 while winning BE Freshman of the Week like 7 times.  My current guess is he's gone but I am holding out hope, because I was told he's conscious of making the tourney and doing something special here.  He's an incredible talent and let's hope we can win a few more big games while we've got him.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #446 on: February 16, 2016, 01:41:31 PM »
How no one else has brought up that Markus Howard looks just like Bruno Mars is beyond me.  Big Bruno fan, and an even bigger Markus fan.  I definitely like our odds here, and Indiana getting scratched is a pretty big deal IMO, as they were my #1 worry (shoe-in Yogi replacement).  Stan Johnson has been paying some serious dividends thus far.  On the Ellenson side of things, I was told from my managing buddy the expectation within is he's gone and Wojo is 100% supportive of him bouncing, hence our PF searching.  All that said, the door is still open and he may want to make a run next year.

In other words, I know just as much as you guys and that's not very much.  From Day 1, in my opinion, he has had the ability to leave for the NBA whenever he wanted, that was never the issue - whether or not we feel he's "NBA ready" he would be taken in a heartbeat very early on because of his potential.  The fact he's averaged a double-double while showing flashes of great outside shooting (Butler) and guard-like ball handling is all they need to see.  It's always been when HE wants to leave.  And in that regard it's kinda pointless to sit here and debate on whether he will go or not because I'm sure even he isn't totally sure what he's gonna do.  I've always been under the optimistic impression he would be here for 2: Wally, great relationship with Wojo, close-knit young team who will only be that much more dangerous next season.  But I also didn't expect him to average 16 and 10 while winning BE Freshman of the Week like 7 times.  My current guess is he's gone but I am holding out hope, because I was told he's conscious of making the tourney and doing something special here.  He's an incredible talent and let's hope we can win a few more big games while we've got him.

Great post. Thanks onepost
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #447 on: February 16, 2016, 02:03:21 PM »

Great post.  I believe this is the only chance he stays.

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #448 on: February 16, 2016, 02:09:56 PM »
Yep, and he'll see a packed BC when he comes in for the Villanova game.

2014 Avg. Attendance
Marquette - 15,327
Baylor - 6,806
Arizona St. - 6,687
Central Ark. - 955

KampusFoods

• All American
« Reply #449 on: February 16, 2016, 02:21:10 PM »
Yep, and he'll see a packed BC when he comes in for the Villanova game.

2014 Avg. Attendance
Marquette - 15,327
Baylor - 6,806
Arizona St. - 6,687
Central Ark. - 955

Is he officially coming on 2/27? Another article said 2/20 but we're @ Depaul.

feedback