[Today at 05:53:49 AM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:13:02 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Recruiting as of 3/15/24  (Read 8336424 times)

bradforster

• All American
Re: Recruiting as of 10/15/19
« Reply #22600 on: November 10, 2019, 10:06:08 PM »
It has been awhile, but after the Newbill situation I decided to take a respite from engaging on the site.  I got some early insight into Buzz Williams' phony side and when I opined about it he was still the darling of Milwaukee.  I took quite a lambasting from folks on MU Scoop and now that Buzz is here in Texas I feel enough time has passed to get involved with the board again.  I'm a much bigger fan of the way Wojo runs a program and I'm looking forward to this season and beyond. 

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #22601 on: November 10, 2019, 10:13:16 PM »
Define led the nations in injuries.

All those injuries ... you gotta wonder if IU has a subpar training program/staff.

muhoops1

• All American
« Reply #22602 on: November 10, 2019, 10:40:47 PM »

I’m not trying to troll here. But Indiana finished 19-16 last year. They led the nation in injuries. That “lotto pick” played with torn ligaments in his shooting hand from December-on. When they were healthy they beat Marquette 96-73 and were 12-1, ranked in the top 25. The Big Ten was tough to play in last year with what they had to deal with. They finished the season well. Indiana is ranked in pretty much every sport(including football), and with the basketball talent they have, it won’t be long untill they are in Basketball.

The point is, If you guys believe that Dawson “should”, or “will”, pick Marquette based on Relationships, Fit, Location, any of those reasonable factors, I get it. But degrading Indiana just looks bad. I would say the same thing to Indiana fans trying to tear down Marquette. This kid will be fine, whichever program he chooses. It’s not really a stretch to say that he will be on a more talented team if he chooses to go to Indiana. I feel like it 50/50 and that is why there are 0 CB picks. Nobody can pick, because everyone believes it can go either way. I don’t think Dawson is leaning any direction because he hasn’t sat down and made a decision yet. Just my 2 cents.
Here’s my two cents...you’re a complete bitch.  Have your Mom tuck you in bed.   

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #22603 on: November 10, 2019, 10:46:07 PM »
It has been awhile, but after the Newbill situation I decided to take a respite from engaging on the site.  I got some early insight into Buzz Williams' phony side and when I opined about it he was still the darling of Milwaukee.  I took quite a lambasting from folks on MU Scoop and now that Buzz is here in Texas I feel enough time has passed to get involved with the board again.  I'm a much bigger fan of the way Wojo runs a program and I'm looking forward to this season and beyond.

Dude I remember your YouTube videos during the elite eight run. Good stuff. Thanks for the info.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #22604 on: November 10, 2019, 10:48:58 PM »

You still doing play by play broadcasting?
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #22605 on: November 10, 2019, 10:53:40 PM »

Good to have you back and thanks for the insight. Hoping your friend is right. That said, good to hear about the playing style and campus. Those are definitely big to have in this recruitment
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #22606 on: November 10, 2019, 11:17:21 PM »
Brad I love your mu highlight vids. That being said.. they are cringe as hell. Take care <3

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #22607 on: November 11, 2019, 12:20:40 AM »
I just hung up the phone with my friend, an assistant coach at Prior Lake HS, and he says Dawson loves the MU campus.  He also speaks highly of Wojo and his coaching style.  My buddy believes it's down to Marquette and Minnesota.  He'd be surprised if the standout chose Memphis or Indiana.  He will let me know if he hears anything between now and the official announcement.  I look forward to the final decision.

Well, It's gotta be Marquette, then.  If he goes to Minnesota, once a year he'll hear some little girl in the stands at Assembly Hall yelling at him that when he he didn't go to Indiana, her Daddy got depressed and lost his job.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 09:59:05 AM by 4everDawson »
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

1SE

• All American
« Reply #22608 on: November 11, 2019, 03:27:31 AM »
Would expect an announcement in the next day or two if the visit made it crystal clear?
Real Warriors Demand Excellence

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #22609 on: November 11, 2019, 06:54:43 AM »
Would expect an announcement in the next day or two if the visit made it crystal clear?

Crystal ball clear
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #22610 on: November 11, 2019, 08:17:45 AM »
Dang, why are people so nasty to visitors to the board?  As long as they are respectful, it can help add a little outsider perspective. So what if their opinion is different, it helps you see what they see even if you think it is incorrect.

Some of the comments on here make me feel embarrassed of my fellow alum and other mubb fans.

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #22611 on: November 11, 2019, 08:21:30 AM »
Dang, why are people so nasty to visitors to the board?  As long as they are respectful, it can help add a little outsider perspective. So what if their opinion is different, it helps you see what they see even if you think it is incorrect.

Some of the comments on here make me feel embarrassed of my fellow alum and other mubb fans.

Yeah, I agree with this analysis.  The guy was very even-handed and I always find it interesting to read other fans’ opinions on Marquette.  Even those of Badger fans when they’re not trolling.  Bad look by some of the folks on here.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #22612 on: November 11, 2019, 09:23:19 AM »
Yeah, I agree with this analysis.  The guy was very even-handed and I always find it interesting to read other fans’ opinions on Marquette.  Even those of Badger fans when they’re not trolling.  Bad look by some of the folks on here.

Even handed?  He wanted to rationalize every perceived slight against IU.  Charlie Milquetoast
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #22613 on: November 11, 2019, 09:26:29 AM »

He was really whiny. Wants to post on our boards and their boards about how Wojo sucks (I believe the quote was "you'd be better off bringing crean back" when trying to impune wojo with the Hauser stuff) but can't take any perceived slight here. Cry me a river. IU fans are completely entitled with no reason to be so.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #22614 on: November 11, 2019, 09:59:58 AM »
Here’s my two cents...you’re a complete bitch.  Have your Mom tuck you in bed.
You kill mosquitoes with sledge hammers, don’t you? This was really uncalled for. I don’t have a problem with a single word he posted personally.
No Finish Line

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #22615 on: November 11, 2019, 10:11:42 AM »
It would be great if there was an actual moderator here that could have two separate threads, one with nothing but actual recruiting info. And, the other can be the endless speculation and off topic rants.

With that said the IU poster is remarkably consistent with his posts. Much of it is portraying things as going either way, but each post contains something that will say IU is better than MU in subtle fashion. That makes the posts lack credibility as they continue. Some will get impulsively defensive and defend MU at all costs. Some will welcome an opposing fan's perspective regardless of content. Some will simply ignore.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #22616 on: November 11, 2019, 10:41:19 AM »
The IU guy was more respectful to Marquette than scoop posters were to him or each other.     BTW, any recruiting news?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #22617 on: November 11, 2019, 10:44:04 AM »
You kill mosquitoes with sledge hammers, don’t you? This was really uncalled for. I don’t have a problem with a single word he posted personally.

Good for you guy was a bitch.  IU hoops fans are like ND football fans, no one cares how many titles Branch McCracken won. IU about the 5-6 best Big Ten program over the last 30 yrs
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #22618 on: November 11, 2019, 11:19:16 AM »
The IU guy was more respectful to Marquette than scoop posters were to him or each other.     BTW, any recruiting news?

I will take the cue and drop it. Unfortunately I have not seen any substantive news. Tuesday usually seems to be the news dump with recruiting mailbags. I think we will probably start to see things tomorrow morning about the visit unless Ben Steele has something queued up for today or tomorrows blog.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #22619 on: November 11, 2019, 01:41:55 PM »
It would be great if there was an actual moderator here

Yeah ... doggone moderators. They get their 6-year, $33.8 million contracts, and then they're hardly ever around!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #22620 on: November 11, 2019, 02:11:56 PM »
Yeah ... doggone moderators. They get their 6-year, $33.8 million contracts, and then they're hardly ever around!

Yes because it's apparently that difficult for:

1) You and some others to comprehend thread titles.
2) For a moderator to separate gasp, two separate threads, one for actual recruiting news and info, and another with whatever many of these pages and pages of non recruiting news/info are in the recruiting thread. No one said people couldn't have their impulsive, speculative, conspiracy theory, panic, nervous nelly, contradictory, ambivalent, kool aid, hater, insert description here thread related to recruiting.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #22621 on: November 11, 2019, 02:16:18 PM »
Yes because it's apparently that difficult for:

1) You and some others to comprehend thread titles.
2) For a moderator to separate gasp, two separate threads, one for actual recruiting news and info, and another with whatever many of these pages and pages of non recruiting news/info are in the recruiting thread. No one said people couldn't have their impulsive, speculative, conspiracy theory, panic, nervous nelly, contradictory, ambivalent, kool aid, hater, insert description here thread related to recruiting.

None of your last four posts in this thread have been about Marquette recruiting. But three of them have been complaints about posts that aren't about Marquette recruiting.
Irony can be pretty ironic sometimes.

asdfasdf

• Starter
« Reply #22622 on: November 11, 2019, 02:19:01 PM »
Have there been any updates on Karim Mane? I don't see him on the page 1 list anywhere.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #22623 on: November 11, 2019, 02:24:34 PM »
None of your last four posts in this thread have been about Marquette recruiting. But three of them have been complaints about posts that aren't about Marquette recruiting.
Irony can be pretty ironic sometimes.

Hey, Pak ... I hear we've got a good shot at this Dawson Garcia guy. Here's hopin'!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #22624 on: November 11, 2019, 02:25:22 PM »
Have there been any updates on Karim Mane? I don't see him on the page 1 list anywhere.

Only real update is he is visiting Jan3

feedback