Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: Western Kentucky

Marquette
Marquette vs

Western Kentucky

Date/Time: Mar 22, 2024, 1:00 pm
TV: TBS
Schedule for 2023-24
UConn

Author Topic: Recruiting as of 3/15/24  (Read 8307858 times)

JWags85

• All American
Re: Recruiting as of 10/15/19
« Reply #22650 on: November 11, 2019, 11:36:36 PM »
Who is this Chris Lamb? I know you are on here.

Love him immediately backing down in his next tweet and saying he has no idea and its just what he "believes".  Shame he's a fellow Liverpool fan.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #22651 on: November 12, 2019, 06:12:30 AM »
Relax Mike.

We got this. 

This post is Underboard approved.

Really, we got this.

now that's a smokin post right there rc
don't...don't don't don't don't

Charley Farley

• Walk-On
« Reply #22652 on: November 12, 2019, 07:24:00 AM »
Love him immediately backing down in his next tweet and saying he has no idea and its just what he "believes".  Shame he's a fellow Liverpool fan.

People on this board are ridiculous.  Me have a little fun with some Gopher fans by saying he’s a lock to go to Marquette and then admitting that I really have no clue (because I don’t) turns into #donedeal part 2, me bringing bad juju on Marquette, and me backing down.  I’m sorry I seemed to traumatize some of you.  If I would have known my Tweets were so powerful I would have been more careful.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #22653 on: November 12, 2019, 08:27:54 AM »
People on this board are ridiculous.  Me have a little fun with some Gopher fans by saying he’s a lock to go to Marquette and then admitting that I really have no clue (because I don’t) turns into #donedeal part 2, me bringing bad juju on Marquette, and me backing down.  I’m sorry I seemed to traumatize some of you.  If I would have known my Tweets were so powerful I would have been more careful.

I thought you were done with this team...didn’t you say that a few months ago?
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

FKfootball

• Walk-On
« Reply #22654 on: November 12, 2019, 08:50:42 AM »
He was really whiny. Wants to post on our boards and their boards about how Wojo sucks (I believe the quote was "you'd be better off bringing crean back" when trying to impune wojo with the Hauser stuff) but can't take any perceived slight here. Cry me a river. IU fans are completely entitled with no reason to be so.

I have 0 issues with Marquette. I personally don’t feel like Wojo is a good coach. Heck, I’m not even sold on Archie Miller either. The fact is, that Tom Crean did a better job at both of those schools than either of those guys currently. That could change, but who knows?

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #22655 on: November 12, 2019, 09:05:34 AM »

The fact is, that Tom Crean did a better job at both of those schools than either of those guys currently. That could change, but who knows?

The fact is, if it doesn't change, both fanbases will end up dissatisfied.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #22656 on: November 12, 2019, 09:06:33 AM »

I have 0 issues with Marquette. I personally don’t feel like Wojo is a good coach. Heck, I’m not even sold on Archie Miller either. The fact is, that Tom Crean did a better job at both of those schools than either of those guys currently. That could change, but who knows?

Don’t tell Fpeaugh that
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

FKfootball

• Walk-On
« Reply #22657 on: November 12, 2019, 09:17:45 AM »
The one person that I talked to that is actually some kind of insider(Not a message board insider), and communicates with people in the program, basically said that he feels strongly that it’s between Indiana and Marquette. And he felt that Dawson enjoyed his visit to Indiana better than any other school, but location was more of a factor than what Dawson has let on, and the fact that his parents can easily see him at Marquette is a big deal. I know that a lot of this stuff is usually “hearsay”, and some of this probably is but this guy is pretty reliable honestly.

PE8983

• Team Captain
« Reply #22658 on: November 12, 2019, 09:33:26 AM »
I personally feel that Archie Miller is not a good coach...

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #22659 on: November 12, 2019, 09:39:25 AM »

Wojo is Crean without Dwyane Wade.  A more consistent recruiter however.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #22660 on: November 12, 2019, 09:43:57 AM »
Yeah Wojo's results haven't been good enough.  What Wojo has been outstanding at is recognizing talent early, which allows him to be in on what end up as big time recruits to the end.  The hope I have is that, despite not having the on court results he needs to finish the job with the very top level recruits, he's getting into their final 4, 2, etc of 5 star type talent fairly "consistently" (relative to what you'd expect for a program like Marquette).  He's in on recruiting battles that Crean and Buzz never were able to get into (although I'm not sure Buzz ever really went all in on them very often, as Wojo seems to do).  If you can put together one season similar to last year but instead of collapsing you finish the job off strong I think Wojo's success at Marquette could take off.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #22661 on: November 12, 2019, 09:44:39 AM »
What a fun pissing contest this is

Farley36

• All American
« Reply #22662 on: November 12, 2019, 09:52:07 AM »

I thought you were done with this team...didn’t you say that a few months ago?

I don't remember saying that.   If I did I'm sure it was in a moment of frustration.   I'm sure you've never overreacted out of frustration or disappointment.

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #22663 on: November 12, 2019, 09:54:20 AM »
The one person that I talked to that is actually some kind of insider(Not a message board insider), and communicates with people in the program, basically said that he feels strongly that it’s between Indiana and Marquette. And he felt that Dawson enjoyed his visit to Indiana better than any other school, but location was more of a factor than what Dawson has let on, and the fact that his parents can easily see him at Marquette is a big deal. I know that a lot of this stuff is usually “hearsay”, and some of this probably is but this guy is pretty reliable honestly.

The fact Dawson had made an official to MU before likely made this visit more challenging in the sense of eliciting much "wow" factor like IU seems to have done. That doesn't mean we can't come out on top, but I would think other factors, such as the fact we were on him early to build relationships and the proximity, would be the ultimate deciding factors if that is the case.

While being afforded great opportunities must be very exciting and a fantastic thing, it has to be a stressful process for the kids and families going through this. I really hope he makes the right choice for him and his family....and sure would be psyched if that right choice happens to be MU.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #22664 on: November 12, 2019, 09:56:21 AM »
Yeah Wojo's results haven't been good enough.  What Wojo has been outstanding at is recognizing talent early, which allows him to be in on what end up as big time recruits to the end.  The hope I have is that, despite not having the on court results he needs to finish the job with the very top level recruits, he's getting into their final 4, 2, etc of 5 star type talent fairly "consistently" (relative to what you'd expect for a program like Marquette).  He's in on recruiting battles that Crean and Buzz never were able to get into (although I'm not sure Buzz ever really went all in on them very often, as Wojo seems to do).  If you can put together one season similar to last year but instead of collapsing you finish the job off strong I think Wojo's success at Marquette could take off.

Only thing I’d disagree with is Buzz not having us involved at this level. We were pretty close with Wayne Blackshear, Michael Snaer, and Embiid.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #22665 on: November 12, 2019, 10:08:18 AM »
The fact Dawson had made an official to MU before likely made this visit more challenging in the sense of eliciting much "wow" factor like IU seems to have done. That doesn't mean we can't come out on top, but I would think other factors, such as the fact we were on him early to build relationships and the proximity, would be the ultimate deciding factors if that is the case.

While being afforded great opportunities must be very exciting and a fantastic thing, it has to be a stressful process for the kids and families going through this. I really hope he makes the right choice for him and his family....and sure would be psyched if that right choice happens to be MU.

There is truth to this. Garcia's first visit was about the wow factor. This visit was about brass tacks
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #22666 on: November 12, 2019, 10:13:46 AM »
Only thing I’d disagree with is Buzz not having us involved at this level. We were pretty close with Wayne Blackshear, Michael Snaer, and Embiid.

We weren't close on Embiid. Buzz and his staff did a good job of identifying Embiid and getting involved early, but MU wasn't among his finalists.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #22667 on: November 12, 2019, 10:15:16 AM »
There is truth to this. Garcia's first visit was about the wow factor. This visit was about brass tacks

National Marquette Day game atmosphere was a pretty great wow factor. But yes, I agree that this most recent visit was about fit, style of play, and how the program will move forward with him.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #22668 on: November 12, 2019, 10:17:53 AM »
I think it is safe to say that Wojo and Co did all they could to convince Garcia.  If he goes somewhere else, he goes somewhere else.  There should be no regrets on the MU side of things.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #22669 on: November 12, 2019, 10:25:36 AM »
Can anyone review timelines?  When is the quiet period?  When is the signing period?  I'm sure it's somewhere in this thread, but it's difficult to find at this point.

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #22670 on: November 12, 2019, 10:29:20 AM »
We weren't close on Embiid. Buzz and his staff did a good job of identifying Embiid and getting involved early, but MU wasn't among his finalists.

Pretty sure the his final 3 were us, Florida, and Kansas
Bring back FFP!!!

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #22671 on: November 12, 2019, 10:29:57 AM »
Can anyone review timelines?  When is the quiet period?  When is the signing period?  I'm sure it's somewhere in this thread, but it's difficult to find at this point.

https://indianahq.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/2019-2020-NCAA-Division-1-Basketball-Recruiting-Calendar-826x1024.jpg

Early signing opens up Wednesday, November 13 until November 20.

Marquette4life

• All American
« Reply #22672 on: November 12, 2019, 10:30:11 AM »
Pretty sure the his final 3 were us, Florida, and Kansas
Not us. Texas

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #22673 on: November 12, 2019, 10:31:11 AM »

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #22674 on: November 12, 2019, 10:41:52 AM »
Word was that his mentor wasn't a fan of Milwaukee.......Luc Mbah a Moute.

Which made it odd that he still chose to take an official visit here.

feedback