[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by TallTitan34
[March 27, 2024, 10:20:50 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Hallmarq
[March 27, 2024, 09:09:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Recruiting as of 3/15/24  (Read 8336058 times)

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
Re: Recruiting as of 6/15/19
« Reply #18900 on: July 15, 2019, 06:15:19 PM »
“Everything about this kid says big time  P5 football college environment is what interests him.”

And ...

“All the other P5 schools are pushing him to cancel so they can get him on their campuses for big football weekend. Not good news.”

Herman can u plz make some attempt to define ur chicken little panicked speculation as just that?  U make ur posts as if u have a clue behind them, when u actually have none.  No where have u read or seen anything that would lend any credence to ur above statements.  In other words, cut the BS!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 06:19:09 PM by Mr. Sand-Knit »
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #18901 on: July 15, 2019, 06:27:42 PM »
“Everything about this kid says big time  P5 football college environment is what interests him.”

And ...

“All the other P5 schools are pushing him to cancel so they can get him on their campuses for big football weekend. Not good news.”

Herman can u plz make some attempt to define ur chicken little panicked speculation as just that?  U make ur posts as if u have a clue behind them, when u actually have none.  No where have u read or seen anything that would lend any credence to ur above statements.  In other words, cut the BS!
Just an opinion based on experience in these matters.

Delighted we got it to the point of penciling in an early official. Hope the staff can hang in there and get in him on campus.

Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #18902 on: July 15, 2019, 06:56:47 PM »
Just an opinion based on experience in these matters.

Delighted we got it to the point of penciling in an early official. Hope the staff can hang in there and get in him on campus.

Which is fine but then plz parenthetically qualify ur statements as speculative bull s#it

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #18903 on: July 15, 2019, 07:16:01 PM »
Which is fine but then plz parenthetically qualify ur statements as speculative bull s#it
Consider it done
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #18904 on: July 15, 2019, 07:59:03 PM »
Looking forward to MUFINY changing his signature to "Everything above this line is speculative bull s#it." 👀
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #18905 on: July 15, 2019, 08:11:47 PM »
Looking forward to MUFINY changing his signature to "Everything above this line is speculative bull s#it." 👀
Infinity and beyond, hey!
Goal is National Championship

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #18906 on: July 15, 2019, 08:35:11 PM »
I saw "Gonzaga Hoops" and was confused until I saw Washington DC.  Gonzaga is a Jesuit HS in DC.

Is there any evidence to show that Jesuit/Catholic schools do better at recruiting Jesuit/Catholic high school students?  I'm not talking about the athlete's faith, just the type of school they went to.

MU usually gets a number of kids from Fairfield Prep although lately I'm told the highest number of kids from Connecticut come from a public school, Fairfield Warde (for some reason).

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #18907 on: July 15, 2019, 09:01:45 PM »
MU usually gets a number of kids from Fairfield Prep although lately I'm told the highest number of kids from Connecticut come from a public school, Fairfield Warde (for some reason).

Most likely Warde has a MU advocate in its college advisory dept.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
                       ---Al McGuire

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #18909 on: July 15, 2019, 09:47:21 PM »
                       ---Al McGuire

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #18910 on: July 15, 2019, 09:56:24 PM »
Darlinstone unlocked his social media and I found this tidbit...Looks like the Hall is trying to nose their way in

https://mobile.twitter.com/__dstone/status/1118263420934131713
                       ---Al McGuire

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
Goal is National Championship

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #18912 on: July 15, 2019, 11:25:56 PM »
Every MU game is sold out???

Shhhhh.   

6 were sold out.  A few near sellouts as well.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #18913 on: July 16, 2019, 09:07:35 AM »

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #18914 on: July 16, 2019, 09:19:49 AM »
Suggs.  He really likes Gonzaga.

https://amp.desmoinesregister.com/amp/1732119001?__twitter_impression=true
There was no discussion about him playing football. Will be interesting to see how his football season goes and those discussions go as well. There are some pretty big football programs after him as well.
                       ---Al McGuire

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #18915 on: July 16, 2019, 09:42:08 AM »
There have been several articles lately basically stating that Suggs’ interests are Gonzaga, Marquette, Minnesota, Iowa St. ...Michigan has tried to make a big push since Howard was hired to see if they can get in the mix too. Marquette is in a really good position. Only Gonzaga seems to be a team in as strong of a position at this point. .....things can and do always change.  Really like his game.

Suggs was spectacular this past weekend at the Under Armour tournament. He was one of the best players at any event this past weekend.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #18916 on: July 16, 2019, 10:35:32 AM »
There have been several articles lately basically stating that Suggs’ interests are Gonzaga, Marquette, Minnesota, Iowa St. ...Michigan has tried to make a big push since Howard was hired to see if they can get in the mix too. Marquette is in a really good position. Only Gonzaga seems to be a team in as strong of a position at this point. .....things can and do always change.  Really like his game.

Suggs was spectacular this past weekend at the Under Armour tournament. He was one of the best players at any event this past weekend.

From what I have read it seems like Marquette is in a good position if Mark Few retires and Gonzaga is swallowed up by the earth........if you can call that a good position.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #18917 on: July 16, 2019, 10:49:28 AM »
Mark few retiring?? That is herman cain type left field stuff!!

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #18918 on: July 16, 2019, 10:52:13 AM »
Mark few retiring?? That is herman cain type left field stuff!!

Someone doesn't understand sarcasm I see.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #18919 on: July 16, 2019, 10:54:03 AM »
Could be that Sand Knit was sarcastic as well.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #18920 on: July 16, 2019, 11:32:40 AM »
Suggs....

https://amp.desmoinesregister.com/amp/1732119001?__twitter_impression=true

What's the latest with Marquette?
"When they came in for the in-home visit, they really ran down the plan of what it’s going to look like for me. They really just kind of relayed it to (Marquette star) Markus Howard — you got players around you, but ultimately you're the guy to go to. And he told me, 'We’re missing that one, big, five-star to really put it all together.' And one thing that he said to me that really stuck with me, kind of hit home, was that I remind him of (former NBA superstar and Marquette product) Dwyane Wade and the type of impact I could have on that program. That hit home. I appreciate that so much — that’s an honor to get that kind of comparison."
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #18921 on: July 16, 2019, 11:40:47 AM »
From what I have read it seems like Marquette is in a good position if Mark Few retires and Gonzaga is swallowed up by the earth........if you can call that a good position.

No offense to you at all Mark, but if MU were to land Suggs or another 5*, watching you and Ted standing there with your mouths wide open in complete astonishment that little old Marquette was able to pull off the absolute mammoth, herculean feat of landing a 5* would be a priceless thing to see. Maybe...just MAYBE then it would change your perspective a bit. Well worth it to me.  :)

Everyone says MU doesn't have a chance at 5*'s because bluebloods come in last minute and get them. Well, with Suggs, there isn't a single blueblood in his final list of schools. Not a single one. Iowa, Iowa St, Minnesota, MU, Gonzaga...Not exactly a "murderer's row" that MU has to compete against there, right?? If ever there was a 5* that people would think MU would have a reasonable shot of landing, it should be Suggs given who they are recruiting against. Sure, maybe Gonzaga does lead, but if he was so certain, why hasn't he committed there yet?? This is one that MU COULD have a good shot at. If not now, against this group of schools, then when??
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 11:58:26 AM by muguru »
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #18922 on: July 16, 2019, 11:54:45 AM »
No offense to you at all Mark, but if MU were to land Suggs or another 5*, watching you and Ted standing there with your mouths wide open in complete astonishment that little old Marquette was able to pull off the absolute mammoth, herculean feat of landing a 5* would be a priceless thing to see. Maybe...just MAYBE then it would change your perspective a bit. Well worth it to me.  :)

I think you missed Mark's point, which is that we were already discussing the article you posted and the comments on Gonzaga were striking:

"We still talk to the coaching staff every day. I still talk to (2020 recruits Dominick Harris and Julian Strawther) every day. I’ve gotten to know a lot of the overseas guys who are coming in in our class, since they were all at the U-19 World Cup, and I got to meet a lot of cool people. It’s still the same impression from when I first started talking to them and when I took my visit. You don’t like Gonzaga; you love it. From meeting all the alumni and talking to the coaching staff, it’s just nothing but positivity on my side."

He talks to their staff every day. He talks to their recruits every day. He knows their overseas targets. He doesn't like Gonzaga, he loves them. It's nothing but positivity.

Everyone would be overjoyed to land Suggs, but this article basically feels like a bunch of fluff wrapped around a love letter to Gonzaga. Hard to imagine him not going there, as much as we all may hope otherwise.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #18923 on: July 16, 2019, 12:05:47 PM »
I think you missed Mark's point, which is that we were already discussing the article you posted and the comments on Gonzaga were striking:

"We still talk to the coaching staff every day. I still talk to (2020 recruits Dominick Harris and Julian Strawther) every day. I’ve gotten to know a lot of the overseas guys who are coming in in our class, since they were all at the U-19 World Cup, and I got to meet a lot of cool people. It’s still the same impression from when I first started talking to them and when I took my visit. You don’t like Gonzaga; you love it. From meeting all the alumni and talking to the coaching staff, it’s just nothing but positivity on my side."

He talks to their staff every day. He talks to their recruits every day. He knows their overseas targets. He doesn't like Gonzaga, he loves them. It's nothing but positivity.

Everyone would be overjoyed to land Suggs, but this article basically feels like a bunch of fluff wrapped around a love letter to Gonzaga. Hard to imagine him not going there, as much as we all may hope otherwise.
yep.........I try to look at things as they are...not as I'd like them to be. If Suggs was best friends with Torrence...talked to him every day.....had already visited here and was looking forward to coming back again I would feel differently.......that however is Gonzaga's position....not ours.

If we land Suggs I will not be standing here with my mouth wide open in astonishment........I will be happy as hell that Wojo and Stan pulled off the improbable........I don't expect that to happen....if it does I will be thrilled.

TedBaxter

• All American
« Reply #18924 on: July 16, 2019, 12:30:53 PM »

Nothing surprises me in recruiting muguru.  Nothing.
If You Aren't All In For Marquette Basketball, Move On

feedback