Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Recruiting as of 5/15/24  (Read 8724152 times)

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
Re: Recruiting as of 7/15/17
« Reply #8600 on: July 31, 2017, 09:44:06 AM »

I live like 10 minutes from the Schick factory.  In MU82's old hometown.

barfolomew

• All American
Re: Recruiting as of 8/1/17
« Reply #8601 on: July 31, 2017, 10:25:08 AM »
So I think the chart of pretty close.  Updates appreciated.

I hear Luca Diener is moving on from us.
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

CheesyMUfan4ever

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #8602 on: July 31, 2017, 02:51:41 PM »
Hauser's numbers were very solid in Vegas and he looked good,  but Herro dominated Vegas bottom line. He played in a stronger tourney out there also. Even Shaq told Herro the NBA is waiting after he dropped 30 on Shaq's sons team.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #8603 on: July 31, 2017, 02:55:11 PM »
Hauser's numbers were very solid in Vegas and he looked good,  but Herro dominated Vegas bottom line. He played in a stronger tourney out there also. Even Shaq told Herro the NBA is waiting after he dropped 30 on Shaq's sons team.

We don't care.  He's not coming to Marquette. 

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #8604 on: July 31, 2017, 03:13:53 PM »

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #8605 on: July 31, 2017, 03:20:22 PM »
Don't the Badgers have a board?  Go talk to those folks.

DJO's Jaw

• All American
« Reply #8606 on: July 31, 2017, 03:22:46 PM »

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #8607 on: July 31, 2017, 03:24:58 PM »
So yo, are you tryin' ta bee a traditional version of LaVar or watt, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

lessthannick11

• Team Captain
« Reply #8608 on: July 31, 2017, 03:31:49 PM »

Honest question: How do you know that Shaq told him that?

oldwarrior81

• All American
« Reply #8609 on: July 31, 2017, 03:44:35 PM »
what else would Shaq say to a guy that played on a team that lost by double digits in the first round of the tournament playoffs?

Solid 39.4% shooting with 3.3 turnovers a game in the AAU circuit this year.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 05:49:52 PM by oldwarrior81 »

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #8610 on: July 31, 2017, 03:46:37 PM »
Hauser's numbers were very solid in Vegas and he looked good,  but Herro dominated Vegas bottom line. He played in a stronger tourney out there also.

No, I was there and you are lying. Herro's team had 4 games.

In pool play, went 2-1. Beat a German team who got annihilated in all of their games; beat California Stars by 2. The other game they lost by double digits.

In bracket play, Shareef's team beat Herro's by double digits, ending their tourney.

Stop lying.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #8611 on: July 31, 2017, 03:59:08 PM »
At the end of the day I think Herro and Philip Flory will have comparable college careers. Flory has worked through a lot of adversity and ended up at an NCAA tournament level team. Says a lot for the kids character. The kid is going to work hard at Seton Hall and do what it takes to get eventually earn a scholarship.

I think Herro is in for a rude awakening when he has to compete against  stronger quicker and more talented teammates just to get playing time. I think there is a non-zero  probability that Herro ends up transferring after a year. Herro is not the second coming of Rickey Olson.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #8612 on: July 31, 2017, 04:01:18 PM »

I heard Shaq told Herro to go straight to the NBA and not waste his time at UW.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 11:39:56 AM by 79Warrior »

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #8613 on: July 31, 2017, 04:30:26 PM »
I heard Shaq told Herro to go staight to the NBA and not waste his time at UW.
I heard Shaq told him not to waste his time at either UW or the NBA but jump on the Kazaam reboot Shaq's been pitching for 20 years.....Kazaam 2.0: We need a Herro

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #8614 on: July 31, 2017, 04:34:43 PM »
No, I was there and you are lying. Herro's team had 4 games.

In pool play, went 2-1. Beat a German team who got annihilated in all of their games; beat California Stars by 2. The other game they lost by double digits.

In bracket play, Shareef's team beat Herro's by double digits, ending their tourney.

Stop lying.
Where you at cheesy?
No Finish Line

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #8615 on: July 31, 2017, 04:58:23 PM »
I heard Shaq told him not to waste his time at either UW or the NBA but jump on the Kazaam reboot Shaq's been pitching for 20 years.....Kazaam 2.0: We need a Herro

This is really good.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #8616 on: July 31, 2017, 05:07:16 PM »
At the end of the day I think Herro and Philip Flory will have comparable college careers. Flory has worked through a lot of adversity and ended up at an NCAA tournament level team. Says a lot for the kids character. The kid is going to work hard at Seton Hall and do what it takes to get eventually earn a scholarship.

I think Herro is in for a rude awakening when he has to compete against  stronger quicker and more talented teammates just to get playing time. I think there is a non-zero  probability that Herro ends up transferring after a year. Herro is not the second coming of Rickey Olson.

Aka "I haven't been in ScoopTakes in a while and I need to get back!"

Top 30 recruit going to UW compared to a walk on going to SH. Yeah, reasonable to expect similar careers.  :o
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #8617 on: July 31, 2017, 05:28:56 PM »
Aka "I haven't been in ScoopTakes in a while and I need to get back!"

Top 30 recruit going to UW compared to a walk on going to SH. Yeah, reasonable to expect similar careers.  :o

You were one of the big JJJ haters back in the day. Just to remind you JJJ was a top 30 recruit .  Or for an even better example, at his highest point I think Nick Noskowiak was rated 49th and his stock was rising. 

Herro is simply not one of the top 30 players in his class. Too slow.

---Al McGuire

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #8618 on: July 31, 2017, 06:04:57 PM »
Gasser was originally offered a 4-for-5. Walk-on for a year and redshirt followed by 4 years on scholarship.  I thought it was Vander Blue's decommitment that opened a spot.

I thought Duje got Vander's scholarship, who knows.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #8619 on: July 31, 2017, 07:43:09 PM »

I couldn't disagree with you more. Flory barely had any interest after a very mediocre senior year. Not sure if he ever came all the way back from his series of injuries. The Seton Hall thing came out of nowhere with very few other suitors (D2, D3) I'm told. Seemed to me like a favor from someone. Could be wrong, but he never looked like a legit D1 player at any point over the last couple years, although he could shoot it well back in the day. Herro is miles ahead of him in every measurable way IMO.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #8620 on: July 31, 2017, 07:47:37 PM »
Could be wrong, but he never looked like a legit D1 player at any point over the last couple years

I am nowhere near Freeports level of knowledge on mubb, but after seeing Flory play as a soph and then again as a senior--I Just didnt see it.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #8621 on: July 31, 2017, 07:56:38 PM »
I live like 10 minutes from the Schick factory.  In MU82's old hometown.

Schick razors ... Bic pens ... Subway sammiches ... MU82.

"Made in Milford" is nothin' but high quality!!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #8622 on: July 31, 2017, 08:02:29 PM »

Happy to make a bet on that (that they will have comparable careers or that Tyler is in for a rude awakening). Herro is VERY good. (Although the hyperbole re: Vegas from the knucklehead above wasn't true).

The hope for Flory would be he gets healthy and gets a chance to play some; does OK.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #8623 on: July 31, 2017, 08:53:23 PM »
I couldn't disagree with you more. Flory barely had any interest after a very mediocre senior year. Not sure if he ever came all the way back from his series of injuries. The Seton Hall thing came out of nowhere with very few other suitors (D2, D3) I'm told. Seemed to me like a favor from someone. Could be wrong, but he never looked like a legit D1 player at any point over the last couple years, although he could shoot it well back in the day. Herro is miles ahead of him in every measurable way IMO.

Happy to make a bet on that (that they will have comparable careers or that Tyler is in for a rude awakening). Herro is VERY good. (Although the hyperbole re: Vegas from the knucklehead above wasn't true).

The hope for Flory would be he gets healthy and gets a chance to play some; does OK.

I am giving Flory credit for hanging in there through adversity.  First the kid had his commitment taken away when the new coach at MU came in ( lesson to those who make early commitments there is risk involved) and then he has an injury that took him a long time to work through.  He watched all his interest go away which is a tough thing for a teenager who put his entire emotion into .  So seeing him end up at Seton Hall, with comparable opportunities at Va Tech and Pittsburgh , is a great accomplishment given the background.  I think if the kid got this far he is going to work hard and make the best of his chance.  Stranger things have happened.

I get that Herro is a nice AAU player. In my view he is a self centered ball hog type player and those kind of guys tend to make a big splash in summer basketball.  He does not have the athletic abiity to make an impact on defense.   Not quick enough , strong enough or intimidating enough.  Guys like Herro think their &*((( doesn't stink, cant handle constructive coaching and usually end up transferring out.  The obnoxious parent in the background always makes matters worse.

So when I compare the two kids. I see Flory willing to work within what the coaches ask of him. He is going to scramble for loose balls, give up his body, do whatever it takes to make a good impression on the coaches and earn respect of teammates.  He basically has no choice but to take this working class route given his circumstances. With the collegiate strength and training he will get healthier and his frame can support a fair amount of muscle mass. So if things work out he could end up being a Jake Thomas level player.

On the other hand I see Herro as Austin Grandstaff 2.0 or Nick Noskowiak without the substance abuse issue. I am actually quite pleased he did not come to MU. We have some really good  team oriented kids in our program and on the way right now and don't need guys like Herro around. After he leaves UW I see him ending up  at a mid major desperate for a shooter and willing to turn the keys over to him.  Some place like Bradley.
            ---Al McGuire

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #8624 on: July 31, 2017, 08:58:26 PM »
Fred Hill is the connection to SH. Coached Mike at MU.