[Today at 11:00:11 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 11:00:09 AM]

Banquet by muwarrior69
[Today at 08:43:40 AM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by MU82
[Today at 07:00:36 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Recruiting as of 3/15/24  (Read 8468399 times)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Recruiting as of 3/15/17
« Reply #6375 on: March 27, 2017, 08:14:41 PM »
Tweet him and ask him! Hopefully he says yes.

Ask him to rate his neck size first, though. We don't want any Kiki Jones types.

This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #6376 on: March 27, 2017, 08:24:07 PM »
Does Elliot want to join us?

Dude, you ask this everyday.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #6377 on: March 27, 2017, 08:43:22 PM »

You just asked the same question last night. 

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #6378 on: March 27, 2017, 08:47:44 PM »
I would be delighted if we could sign Jemarl. I saw him play he is an excellent shooter and of course he has a solid neck.

I applaud the self-awareness required to self troll

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #6379 on: March 27, 2017, 09:40:48 PM »
Just Waiting to hear yay or nay.

mubb3434

• Team Captain
« Reply #6380 on: March 27, 2017, 09:56:27 PM »
Looks like Stan was in to see 5 star Khavon Moore today. Grayson Carter tomorrrow (Both class of '18)

Per John Steppe on Twitter

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #6381 on: March 28, 2017, 10:08:26 AM »
http://michiganstate.247sports.com/Bolt/MSU-players-let-Greg-Elliott-know-hes-wanted-on-official-visit-51992707

Article is behind a pay wall. Noting too earth shattering. Said he enjoyed his visit to MSU. Here are a few quotes.

"It was good," Elliott said of his official visit after getting back into the gym for a workout Sunday. "It was different because this time I was with the players more so than on my unofficials when I was always just with the coaching staff. ... They're a real close-knit group of guys."

"Even the players said I would be able to play right away coming in because they got two wings leaving," Elliott said. "That was big."

"I like Michigan State a lot," Elliott said. "It's right up there at the top. Now I just got to sit down and talk to my family and make a decision."

Elliott didn't have an exact timetable for a decision, but it's likely to come sooner rather than later after he breaks down his options with his family. In addition to Michigan State, Marquette and Providence are the the other two schools in the mix for Elliott, with Marquette being the biggest challenger to the Spartans. Along with liking the Golden Eagles' style of play, Elliott is also intrigued by the possibility of playing with friend and Detroit Cornerstone wing Jamal Cain, who committed to Marquette back in September.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #6382 on: March 28, 2017, 10:39:31 AM »
http://michiganstate.247sports.com/Bolt/MSU-players-let-Greg-Elliott-know-hes-wanted-on-official-visit-51992707

Article is behind a pay wall. Noting too earth shattering. Said he enjoyed his visit to MSU. Here are a few quotes.

"It was good," Elliott said of his official visit after getting back into the gym for a workout Sunday. "It was different because this time I was with the players more so than on my unofficials when I was always just with the coaching staff. ... They're a real close-knit group of guys."

"Even the players said I would be able to play right away coming in because they got two wings leaving," Elliott said. "That was big."

"I like Michigan State a lot," Elliott said. "It's right up there at the top. Now I just got to sit down and talk to my family and make a decision."

Elliott didn't have an exact timetable for a decision, but it's likely to come sooner rather than later after he breaks down his options with his family. In addition to Michigan State, Marquette and Providence are the the other two schools in the mix for Elliott, with Marquette being the biggest challenger to the Spartans. Along with liking the Golden Eagles' style of play, Elliott is also intrigued by the possibility of playing with friend and Detroit Cornerstone wing Jamal Cain, who committed to Marquette back in September.
With Duane JJJ and KR leaving, there are a fair amount of minutes available for Elliot, Cain and Sacar, at the 2 and 3.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #6383 on: March 28, 2017, 10:58:05 AM »

He gowne, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Big Daddy 84

• Team Captain
« Reply #6384 on: March 28, 2017, 11:04:32 AM »
Decision expected end of the week. 

Definitely rooting for MU, but Dwayne Stephens is a great guy and friend.  50/50 right now.

Several calls have come in from Grad transfers.  Wojo has developed great rep for using these type of players and making their last year a positive.  Plus MU is viewed as a team with a big upside for next year. 

Totally bummed about DW, but I understand.  This was 100% his decision, Wojo wanted him to stay, but he wants to play point.  Not happening with MH and AR.

Ok with a true transfer for next year too.  Having 1.5 players not active next year is ok for rotation purposes.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #6385 on: March 28, 2017, 11:12:59 AM »

Absolutely.

But does he want to join Michigan State more?
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #6386 on: March 28, 2017, 11:20:13 AM »

Definitely rooting for MU, but Dwayne Stephens is a great guy and friend.  50/50 right now.

Several calls have come in from Grad transfers.  Wojo has developed great rep for using these type of players and making their last year a positive.  Plus MU is viewed as a team with a big upside for next year. 

Totally bummed about DW, but I understand.  This was 100% his decision, Wojo wanted him to stay, but he wants to play point.  Not happening with MH and AR.

Ok with a true transfer for next year too.  Having 1.5 players not active next year is ok for rotation purposes.

Can you provide any hints to who Wojo is interested in on the grad and traditional transfer market?  Who has reached out to MU?  Pretty please.   :-*

🏀

• All American
« Reply #6387 on: March 28, 2017, 11:25:14 AM »

ET phone home...

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #6388 on: March 28, 2017, 11:29:37 AM »
Can you provide any hints to who Wojo is interested in on the grad and traditional transfer market?  Who has reached out to MU?  Pretty please.   :-*

Please Don't, never know what effect it has on others out there, just have to wait like Christmas to open presents.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #6389 on: March 28, 2017, 11:32:18 AM »
Please Don't, never know what effect it has on others out there, just have to wait like Christmas to open presents.

If Elliot chooses MSU over MU because of a potential grad transfer, he is going to end up very disappointed.  MSU has at least 3 or 4 open scholarships for next year, so he is certainly going to get some competition no matter where he goes.

onepost

• All American
« Reply #6390 on: March 28, 2017, 11:37:22 AM »

Was just about to put up the BD signal, so thank you.  Any additional/cryptic insight on the grad transfer/transfer markets would be much appreciated.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #6391 on: March 28, 2017, 11:38:41 AM »
If Elliot chooses MSU over MU because of a potential grad transfer, he is going to end up very disappointed.  MSU has at least 3 or 4 open scholarships for next year, so he is certainly going to get some competition no matter where he goes.

I wasn't focusing on Elliot, but others that may have an interests that MU is unaware at this point in time.  Let's keep the door wide open.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #6392 on: March 28, 2017, 11:39:39 AM »
I think making the tournament will make us a much more attractive Grad Transfer option.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #6393 on: March 28, 2017, 11:42:36 AM »
I think making the tournament will make us a much more attractive Grad Transfer option.

Plus, a free trip to Maui can't hurt. 

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #6394 on: March 28, 2017, 11:44:50 AM »

I agree, and it's will get better after next year.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #6395 on: March 28, 2017, 11:47:52 AM »
Great stuff Big Daddy. I too was thinking about putting up the BD signal.

How are things looking for 2018? Will Wojo land a baby kangaroo? How do things look on the guard front? I am particularly interested in a big PG for that class.

HoopsterBC

• All American
« Reply #6396 on: March 28, 2017, 11:50:33 AM »
Plus, a free trip to Maui can't hurt.

That has to be a huge bone for any grad transfer, like a 10K vacation!

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #6397 on: March 28, 2017, 12:11:21 PM »
That has to be a huge bone for any grad transfer, like a 10K vacation!

Beats going to Georgetown and throwing down with the Chinese

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #6398 on: March 28, 2017, 01:52:35 PM »

Are these return phone calls in response to Marquette reaching out, or are these the grad transfers initiating the first contact made by either side?  Have always wondered how the grad transfer recruitment works.  Does a grad transfer have a school in mind before he even announces it?  Or does he announce and lets programs show interest in him?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #6399 on: March 28, 2017, 03:42:54 PM »
I know this group is more about grad transfers....but Vance Jackson is an intriguing name. Wouldn't mind having him in the fold.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.