Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Recruiting as of 5/15/24  (Read 8758119 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: Recruiting as of 6/15/20
« Reply #26625 on: June 16, 2020, 02:27:59 PM »
Nice to hear from you, glow. Glad all is well.

We Are Marquette!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
Re: Recruiting as of 5/15/20
« Reply #26626 on: June 16, 2020, 05:03:18 PM »
Goal is National Championship

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #26627 on: June 16, 2020, 05:16:16 PM »
I'll respect your question with my first post in months.  I choose not to post these days.  We'll see if that ever changes.  Deeply saddened by what Scoop has become.  I'm confident that I'm not alone.  But alas, it's not my message board.  Have a great day.
What has it become? poltics have jumped up a bit due to covid but that aside Scoops the same as its been for the years ive been here? idk more people not thrilled with the programs lack of success and a couple promising seasons that went off a cliff. dont bail. We need a glow in this dark space called scoop.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #26628 on: June 16, 2020, 05:20:25 PM »
Has the thread missed them or lacked info?? Not
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #26629 on: June 16, 2020, 06:43:51 PM »
What has it become? poltics have jumped up a bit due to covid but that aside Scoops the same as its been for the years ive been here? idk more people not thrilled with the programs lack of success and a couple promising seasons that went off a cliff. dont bail. We need a glow in this dark space called scoop.
A wasteland

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #26630 on: June 16, 2020, 06:44:20 PM »
Has the thread missed them or lacked info?? Not
Much more than you could imagine

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #26631 on: June 16, 2020, 07:12:23 PM »
Yeah butt, der are sum heer hoo tink day're cleverly tossin' in a political zinger in literally all threads, hey?
I agree with this analysis.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #26632 on: June 17, 2020, 01:34:03 AM »
Here's the thing.  Many have fallen for the folly of the internet.  "I'm an important person on a website!"  No your not.  The internet is disposable.  MUScoop will be lucky to be around another 8 years.  Forums aren't very popular.  This isn't some highfalutin power trip of mine, mods have put way more volunteer time here than we'll ever get out of it.

We're here.  Have fun while you can, move on if you're not. I'm not going to argue with "old timers" that decide they don't want to be here anymore.  That's their choice.  And for those that think they don't deserve a ban, I don't care.

Our numbers are up over 20% in June vs last year.  That's good for us.  Regardless of being a "wasteland".  That's how the internet works.  You move along, and it keeps on going.  But summers are crap around here.  It's a hoops website, and we were all robbed of our passion in early March.  I don't have high hopes for next year.

And to satisfy glow about recruiting, it's significantly different this year due to the pandemic.  Lots of offers, not much action.   Hard to even get excited for the next season, which at this point probably is at best 50% chance of happening.

Hope everyone is hanging on in their corner of the internet.  And that is 100% sincere.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #26633 on: June 17, 2020, 06:23:38 AM »
Here's the thing.  Many have fallen for the folly of the internet.  "I'm an important person on a website!"  No your not.  The internet is disposable.  MUScoop will be lucky to be around another 8 years.  Forums aren't very popular.  This isn't some highfalutin power trip of mine, mods have put way more volunteer time here than we'll ever get out of it.

We're here.  Have fun while you can, move on if you're not. I'm not going to argue with "old timers" that decide they don't want to be here anymore.  That's their choice.  And for those that think they don't deserve a ban, I don't care.

Our numbers are up over 20% in June vs last year.  That's good for us.  Regardless of being a "wasteland".  That's how the internet works.  You move along, and it keeps on going.  But summers are crap around here.  It's a hoops website, and we were all robbed of our passion in early March.  I don't have high hopes for next year.

And to satisfy glow about recruiting, it's significantly different this year due to the pandemic.  Lots of offers, not much action.   Hard to even get excited for the next season, which at this point probably is at best 50% chance of happening.

Hope everyone is hanging on in their corner of the internet.  And that is 100% sincere.

At least this old timer was around MU's golden age of basketball when men could slug it out in the locker room or even with the coach without quitting the team or disciplined. I was around when players or coach's could express their opinions or wear t-shirts without fear of getting fired; or Editors losing their job because the news reporters at their newspaper did not like the opinion of an editorial.  Its the times we live in and Scoop is just a microcosm. At least here we can express unpopular opinions, and I hope Scoop sticks around because I would miss it.

I hope we can go back to discussing recruiting here. I hope Glow and Chick don't completely abandon us and I hope MU basketball can return to greatness. On that we can all agree.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 06:29:58 AM by muwarrior69 »

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #26634 on: June 17, 2020, 07:11:16 AM »
Eye'll take da under, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

muguru

• All American
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #26636 on: June 17, 2020, 07:41:45 AM »
At least this old timer was around MU's golden age of basketball when men could slug it out in the locker room or even with the coach without quitting the team or disciplined. I was around when players or coach's could express their opinions or wear t-shirts without fear of getting fired; or Editors losing their job because the news reporters at their newspaper did not like the opinion of an editorial.  Its the times we live in and Scoop is just a microcosm. At least here we can express unpopular opinions, and I hope Scoop sticks around because I would miss it.

Times have changed.  Adapt or move on.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #26637 on: June 17, 2020, 07:43:15 AM »

Thank you, Volunteering is such a thankless job.  Lots of Advice and lip service.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #26638 on: June 17, 2020, 07:44:00 AM »
If we ain't around in 8 years either the program don't exist or the next several seasons are so mediocre to poor with little to zero post season success that apathy has set in at a large scale and no one will even bother going online to discuss anymore. A dwindling fanbase that is a shell of its former self. Armageddon.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 07:47:00 AM by Johnny B »

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #26639 on: June 17, 2020, 07:49:24 AM »
I was around when players or coach's could express their opinions or wear t-shirts without fear of getting fired; or Editors losing their job because the news reporters at their newspaper did not like the opinion of an editorial.

These types of things have always happened. The only thing that has changed is the type of opinion that can get you fired and how many people will know about it when it happens.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #26640 on: June 17, 2020, 08:23:14 AM »

Well said Rocky!!, especially the “Im an important person on a website”.  Fin hilarious!! Holes are created n quickly filled, like sands thru an hourglass.  Who is glow?
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #26641 on: June 17, 2020, 09:05:50 AM »
Well said Rocky!!, especially the “Im an important person on a website”.  Fin hilarious!! Holes are created n quickly filled, like sands thru an hourglass.  Who is glow?

Ask MU82.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #26642 on: June 17, 2020, 09:06:50 AM »

Times have changed.  Adapt or move on.

Sorry, you're stuck with me.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #26643 on: June 17, 2020, 09:08:43 AM »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #26644 on: June 17, 2020, 09:13:48 AM »
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #26645 on: June 17, 2020, 09:16:51 AM »
Recruiting in college basketball a little disjointed because of no summer basketball and lack of in person meetings. Does anyone have a good view as to who are the 2021 prospects we are most active with right now? 
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #26646 on: June 17, 2020, 09:25:03 AM »
Recruiting in college basketball a little disjointed because of no summer basketball and lack of in person meetings. Does anyone have a good view as to who are the 2021 prospects we are most active with right now?

I think the tough part is that our only real clue into who we are prioritizing is who Wojo and staff watch. Based on the games the full staff goes to, that’s who we kind of find out who their priority targets are. It’s tough to tell which offers being tweeted about are top priority offers.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #26647 on: June 17, 2020, 09:50:23 AM »

My perception in no particular order:
Kendall Brown
Stevie Mitchell
D'Marco Dunn
Tyrese Hunter
Samson Johnson
Micawber Etienne
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #26648 on: June 17, 2020, 10:19:45 AM »
Yeah butt, der are sum heer hoo tink day're cleverly tossin' in a political zinger in literally all threads, hey?

I wonder how self aware you are.  You post nothing but 'witty' commentary.

I'm not excusing their behavior, but come on man.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #26649 on: June 17, 2020, 10:24:33 AM »
My perception in no particular order:
Kendall Brown
Stevie Mitchell
D'Marco Dunn
Tyrese Hunter
Samson Johnson
Micawber Etienne

I'd add Jordan Hawkins and Malaki Branham.

feedback