[Today at 12:21:27 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Recruiting as of 3/15/24  (Read 8459015 times)

muguru

• All American
Re: Recruiting as of 5/15/20
« Reply #26525 on: June 09, 2020, 06:49:44 PM »
Jake
@jakeweingarten
·
2m
Arizona State offered four-star junior James Graham III this evening, he told @Stockrisers
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #26526 on: June 09, 2020, 07:11:59 PM »
Stevie Mitchell had a big junior season. He averaged 22.3 points per game with 5.4 rebounds, 2.6 steals and 1.9 assists. Team was going to do damage in playoffs until Covid shut it down. Ended with a 28-1 record. Him and Hunter would be a dream guard class for Marquette. I think he will end up at Nova but is really someone I don’t want to see in Wrights system.

Definitely can see how any score first guard would want to play for Marquette after the green light Markus and Rowsey have gotten.

I don't see Wojo recruiting a 6'1" and a 6'2" guard to play together.  After Rowsey and Howard got abused on defense when they played together, Wojo was looking to recruit big guards who could handle the ball to pair with Howard.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #26527 on: June 09, 2020, 07:39:00 PM »
Stevie Mitchell had a big junior season. He averaged 22.3 points per game with 5.4 rebounds, 2.6 steals and 1.9 assists. Team was going to do damage in playoffs until Covid shut it down. Ended with a 28-1 record. Him and Hunter would be a dream guard class for Marquette. I think he will end up at Nova but is really someone I don’t want to see in Wrights system.

Definitely can see how any score first guard would want to play for Marquette after the green light Markus and Rowsey have gotten.

I think it might be a dream Guard class for a lot of fans, but for the Coaches I'm not sure it would be. My "dream Guard class" now that Warley is off the table, would be Malakhi Branham and Carter Whitt.

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #26528 on: June 09, 2020, 11:16:55 PM »
USC offered Kobe Johnson

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #26529 on: June 10, 2020, 09:56:19 AM »
USC offered Kobe Johnson

Do they realize they can't get Jalen retroactively?
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #26530 on: June 10, 2020, 11:39:27 AM »
James Graham, Kobe Johnson, Logan Landers, David Joplin, and Brandin Podziemski all with high Major offers in the Milwaukee area for 2021 & interestingly enough no offers from either in-state high majors

Hell of a class when you factor in Pat Baldwin Jr arguably #1 in country & Tyrese Hunter a 4 star. Plus Mike Foster who moved out of state

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #26531 on: June 10, 2020, 02:03:26 PM »
James Graham, Kobe Johnson, Logan Landers, David Joplin, and Brandin Podziemski all with high Major offers in the Milwaukee area for 2021 & interestingly enough no offers from either in-state high majors

Hell of a class when you factor in Pat Baldwin Jr arguably #1 in country & Tyrese Hunter a 4 star. Plus Mike Foster who moved out of state

This says one of two things to me:

1. Either these guys have clearly stated they want to get out of dodge.

OR

2. The local coaches know something that the distant guys don't. 

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #26532 on: June 10, 2020, 02:12:52 PM »
This says one of two things to me:

1. Either these guys have clearly stated they want to get out of dodge.

OR

2. The local coaches know something that the distant guys don't.

I would say he is after bigger fish, once the whales are gone, he might offer some kids in Wisconsin.  Long way to go in this recruiting cycle.  I am sure Wojo had
every kid in Wisconsin to MU before the pandemic.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #26533 on: June 10, 2020, 02:32:56 PM »
I would say he is after bigger fish, once the whales are gone, he might offer some kids in Wisconsin.  Long way to go in this recruiting cycle.  I am sure Wojo had

Exactly, you always focus on the bigger fish first. I wouldn't want Wojo to do it any other way. land Kendall Brown, Malakhi Branham, Carter Whitt, and then take two of whoever you like the best(or 1 and save a scholly).

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #26534 on: June 10, 2020, 02:56:25 PM »
Exactly, you always focus on the bigger fish first. I wouldn't want Wojo to do it any other way. land Kendall Brown, Malakhi Branham, Carter Whitt, and then take two of whoever you like the best(or 1 and save a scholly).

Secondly, since he has not offered any of those kids, he must be confident he is going to get a couple of those kids above.  Still need Etienne and do like Hunter

muguru

• All American
« Reply #26535 on: June 10, 2020, 04:03:49 PM »
Secondly, since he has not offered any of those kids, he must be confident he is going to get a couple of those kids above.  Still need Etienne and do like Hunter

Again, exactly my thoughts...he has to feel content where he's at with some of his top targets. They haven't offered anyone new for awhile now. That could be telling, in a good way. Yes, my top 4 in this class would be Branham, Etienne, Whitt, Brown, in no particular order. After that i wouldn't much care who the 5th guy was, though I am incredibly intrigued by Vander Heijden.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #26536 on: June 10, 2020, 06:12:35 PM »
In general, I think it is good recruiting practice to be in dialogue with the best local talent each year. In recent years, Wisconsin has produced more true high major talent than in years past. So there should be a couple of local kids in the mix. Obviously in 2021 , there is Baldwin, but that is not a likely candidate for MU and I think the other true  high major talent is Tyrese Hunter and MU has an offer out to him and has spent time on his recruitment. Graham is attracting high major offers and MU is in contact with him and I expect if he performs well in the evaluation period we would jump on the bandwagon .   

I think of the rest of the players locally are mostly mid major talent that occasionally can get a high major offer.  To my way of thinking, if you have a specific  need then you recruit those mid major players who occasionally get high major offers.    Great example , Matt Heldt, we needed a big body to fill the roster and Matt jumped at the opportunity.

The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

muguru

• All American

muguru

• All American
« Reply #26538 on: June 11, 2020, 07:34:56 PM »
Basketball report
@Basketbalreport
·
3m
Baldwinsville star, Syracuse basketball recruit J.J. Starling receives an offer from Marquette

HS teammates with Symir

https://www.syracuse.com/highschoolsports/2020/06/baldwinsville-star-syracuse-basketball-recruit-jj-starling-receives-an-offer-from-marquette.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 07:49:33 PM by muguru »

muguru

• All American
« Reply #26539 on: June 11, 2020, 07:52:35 PM »
Pat Lawless
@PatLawless_
 · 1h
Judah Mintz, a class of 2022 guard from @GonzagaHoops (DC)/@TTOBasketball (DC), just picked up an offer from Marquette.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #26540 on: June 11, 2020, 08:59:26 PM »
Basketball report
@Basketbalreport
·
3m
Baldwinsville star, Syracuse basketball recruit J.J. Starling receives an offer from Marquette

HS teammates with Symir

https://www.syracuse.com/highschoolsports/2020/06/baldwinsville-star-syracuse-basketball-recruit-jj-starling-receives-an-offer-from-marquette.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
This is a good situation. Coach Killings working the order hard, Sy is already on our team and Presutti can amplify the whole Syracuse connection as well.

An added bonus is this recruit comes from an area where  winning High School basketball games still mean something. Intense crowds and local rivalries. Great training for The Big East.
            ---Al McGuire

muguru

• All American
« Reply #26541 on: June 11, 2020, 09:04:16 PM »
Rodney Rice
@rodneyrice__
·
11m
Excited to receive an offer from Marquette University!!
Eagle
Yellow circle

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #26542 on: June 12, 2020, 07:31:40 AM »

Those 3 are all studs. Brown with 100% Kansas CB (hopefully they get busted), Branham 100% to home town Ohio State & has Whitt ever been on campus?

We all just saw how the all in on Warley thing went

BallBoy

• All American
« Reply #26543 on: June 12, 2020, 08:07:03 AM »
Those 3 are all studs. Brown with 100% Kansas CB (hopefully they get busted), Branham 100% to home town Ohio State & has Whitt ever been on campus?

We all just saw how the all in on Warley thing went

CB % doesn’t mean much when there is only one prediction

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #26544 on: June 12, 2020, 11:30:10 AM »
CB % doesn’t mean much when there is only one prediction

Not true, it means it's a stone cold lock

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #26545 on: June 12, 2020, 11:59:12 AM »
Lol

WarriorPride68

• All American
Re: Recruiting as of 3/15/20
« Reply #26546 on: June 12, 2020, 01:06:51 PM »
Jake
@jakeweingarten
·
9m
Virginia Tech and Marquette are the newest programs to get involved with Tallahassee CC’s El Ellis, he told @Stockrisers

Also tweeted (https://twitter.com/jakeweingarten/status/1249839186951262209?s=21
) an hour ago Nebraska will have virtual call with Ellis on Wednesday.

https://twitter.com/jakeweingarten/status/1271502782596595712?s=21

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #26547 on: June 12, 2020, 07:07:09 PM »
In general, I think it is good recruiting practice to be in dialogue with the best local talent each year. In recent years, Wisconsin has produced more true high major talent than in years past. So there should be a couple of local kids in the mix. Obviously in 2021 , there is Baldwin, but that is not a likely candidate for MU and I think the other true  high major talent is Tyrese Hunter and MU has an offer out to him and has spent time on his recruitment. Graham is attracting high major offers and MU is in contact with him and I expect if he performs well in the evaluation period we would jump on the bandwagon .   

I think of the rest of the players locally are mostly mid major talent that occasionally can get a high major offer.  To my way of thinking, if you have a specific  need then you recruit those mid major players who occasionally get high major offers.    Great example , Matt Heldt, we needed a big body to fill the roster and Matt jumped at the opportunity.

I wouldn't sleep on David Joplin.  Landing Kendall Brown would probably kill interest on both sides, so it makes sense to hold off for now.  But, If MU doesn't land Kendall....
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
            ---Al McGuire

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #26549 on: June 12, 2020, 07:36:10 PM »
Have an ominous feeling about 2021 recruting..hope wojo can snag a stud or 2 :-X :-X

feedback