[Today at 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[Today at 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by dgies9156
[Today at 09:15:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Recruiting as of 3/15/24  (Read 8482193 times)

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: Recruiting as of 5/15/19
« Reply #17900 on: June 09, 2019, 11:13:42 AM »
Jae wasn’t a center. He is a 6’6” forward. He may have defended the post because they were undersized that year, but that doesn’t make him a center.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #17901 on: June 09, 2019, 11:27:17 AM »
Your right he was not a center but at MU he played center that year.  I am just saying I would rather have a center like him, but bigger, who can shoot more than 3 feet from the basket, those type of players are easy to defend, loved the kid at Creighton.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #17902 on: June 09, 2019, 11:53:06 AM »
But, you also have to remember, some of those schools are pulling in top 25-50(or higher kids). That tips the scales. I'm not saying MU should be(regularly), but I don't think it's a fair comparison in that a top 25-50 kid(at least on paper), isn't the same as a top 85-90 kid(where MU and others) would typically live. If you have two top 20 kids, and two kids ranked 90 & 95, sure they are still top 100, but that's quite the difference isn't it??

Now if you land a top 25 kid and another that's ranked 99th...that also makes a difference.

Or...if you land a top 25 kid, and not another top 100, that also makes a difference. In other words...the higher you go, the greater the impact(theoretically).

Just once, I would love for MU to land a class like Memphis has this year...Memphis...stop and think about that.

El. Oh. El.

Go be a fan of another program.

Did you call the AD or president yet?

muguru

• All American
« Reply #17903 on: June 09, 2019, 11:54:50 AM »
El. Oh. El.

Go be a fan of another program.

Did you call the AD or president yet?

How's DePaul doing?? Go root for them with your small ass expectations for the MU program. It's disgusting. As long as they try hard, right?? Give everyone a medal.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #17904 on: June 09, 2019, 12:01:07 PM »
How's DePaul doing?? Go root for them with your small ass expectations for the MU program. It's disgusting. As long as they try hard, right?? Give everyone a medal.

So you didn't back up your big talk and actually try to influence the program that you claim to care so much about? Talk about mediocre.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #17905 on: June 09, 2019, 12:01:46 PM »
Your right he was not a center but at MU he played center that year.  I am just saying I would rather have a center like him, but bigger, who can shoot more than 3 feet from the basket, those type of players are easy to defend, loved the kid at Creighton.

Gotcha and I agree.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

muguru

• All American
« Reply #17906 on: June 09, 2019, 12:04:51 PM »
So you didn't back up your big talk and actually try to influence the program that you claim to care so much about? Talk about mediocre.

I never said i didn't...you have no idea what i have or haven't done for the program. Go root for a mid major, since that seems to be your expectations for MU.

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #17907 on: June 09, 2019, 12:19:00 PM »
I never said i didn't...you have no idea what i have or haven't done for the program. Go root for a mid major, since that seems to be your expectations for MU.

What was their response?

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #17908 on: June 09, 2019, 12:43:31 PM »
What was their response?

I think you know the answer based on his posts.

MU_Beav

• Starter
« Reply #17909 on: June 09, 2019, 01:10:38 PM »
So back to recruiting, it looks like Brian Snow just picked Justin Lewis to MU on 24/7. I know, I know the CB is not the end all, be all, but the trending is nice.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #17910 on: June 09, 2019, 01:21:03 PM »
What was their response?

I will tell you what their response was when you quit ignoring why you consider MU a mid major(or at least that's what your expectations for them are), and explain why you do.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #17911 on: June 09, 2019, 01:32:12 PM »
So back to recruiting, it looks like Brian Snow just picked Justin Lewis to MU on 24/7. I know, I know the CB is not the end all, be all, but the trending is nice.

So you're telling me that after an official visit to MU is officially announced, everyone that plays the cristal bowel marketing game picked MU? Amazing.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #17912 on: June 09, 2019, 01:37:12 PM »
So you're telling me that after an official visit to MU is officially announced, everyone that plays the cristal bowel marketing game picked MU? Amazing.

You do understand however that the people that do it, DO have sources, right?? I'm not saying they are right every time, or even in this instance with Lewis, but you treat it like it's 5 regular guys from scoop making recruiting predictions.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #17913 on: June 09, 2019, 01:56:53 PM »
You do understand however that the people that do it, DO have sources, right?? I'm not saying they are right every time, or even in this instance with Lewis, but you treat it like it's 5 regular guys from scoop making recruiting predictions.
Paging JB .... paging JB LOL
Goal is National Championship

McLintock

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #17914 on: June 09, 2019, 01:58:54 PM »
If you choose to completely disregard the crystal ball I can’t argue with that. It’s obviously pure guesswork and will frequently be wrong or change, etc. But to call it a marketing gimmick is inaccurate. A crystal ball is is a fortune telling tool which is clearly complete idiocy to anyone that knows fortune telling / seeing the future is nonsense.  Therefore the crystal ball is aptly named and answers the main question that everyone has on recruits they are following: Where do you think they are going to go to school?  So to summarize, it’s an appropriately named item and is something that any recruiting website should have, however they choose to name it. Really, it’s one of the most basic pieces of content that any recruiting website should have. We get it — you don’t like it and that’s great. But move on already...

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #17915 on: June 09, 2019, 02:04:06 PM »
Now, obviously, it's not that simple, but to me, 15 in 20 years is the problem, not that only 5 have stayed the full 4 years.

This is how you're deflecting. When you cite the problem as being 15 top-100 recruits in 20 years, and it's actually in half that time, then what you cite as being the problem isn't the problem you said it was.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #17916 on: June 09, 2019, 02:45:13 PM »
This is how you're deflecting. When you cite the problem as being 15 top-100 recruits in 20 years, and it's actually in half that time, then what you cite as being the problem isn't the problem you said it was.

It IS a problem regardless..I'm NOT deflecting anything..15 top 100's in 10 years..IS NOT enough as far as I'm concerned. Maybe it is to you and others, and that's okay. You don't win "multiple national championships" with only 15 top 100 recruits in 10 years. Now, there is an addendum to that..if you are getting say a top 25-50 recruit certain years, then it can maybe be pulled off...but if you are living in the "bottom" 100, that's not a recipe for multiple national championships. That HAS to, at some point, increase.

I mis spoke and said they had 15 top 100 recruits in 20 years..whether it's in half that time or not, it's STILL a problem as far as I am concerned, in regards to where i want to see this program go.

MU_Beav

• Starter
« Reply #17917 on: June 09, 2019, 03:07:11 PM »

Look. I know you don’t like the process, but don’t they (the exerts) have a stake - professionally - at getting things right? I mean, he’s had two other ovs. We were the first to get picks.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #17918 on: June 09, 2019, 03:09:27 PM »
It IS a problem regardless..I'm NOT deflecting anything..15 top 100's in 10 years..IS NOT enough as far as I'm concerned. Maybe it is to you and others, and that's okay. You don't win "multiple national championships" with only 15 top 100 recruits in 10 years. Now, there is an addendum to that..if you are getting say a top 25-50 recruit certain years, then it can maybe be pulled off...but if you are living in the "bottom" 100, that's not a recipe for multiple national championships. That HAS to, at some point, increase.

I mis spoke and said they had 15 top 100 recruits in 20 years..whether it's in half that time or not, it's STILL a problem as far as I am concerned, in regards to where i want to see this program go.

The issue is not where they are ranked it's who they are Duane wilson, JJJ and Luke Fischer were are top 50 to my recollection. They were on the same team as Haanif, Sam (back end of top 100) and Markus who was top 50 before reclassifying. I don't care who coaches that team they aren't winning the national championship though.

The issue is the top 100s we've gotten  transfer and/or don't pan out

Off the top of my head

Jeronne Maymon
Erik Williams
Jamail Jones
Steve Taylor
Deonte Burton
Haanif Cheatham
Sam Hauser
Joey Hauser
Duane Wilson

add in Henry and Vander declaring early and the issue isn't quantity it's not getting them to be Juniors and Seniors or just over ranking them in HS.

During that span I believe we only brought in two former top 100 in Jamil Wilson and Luke Fischer.

Also would like to point out that in one thread you're complaining that Haanif should never have been recruited and in this you're saying you want more top 100s I don't think you'd be thrilled with a class of Erik Haanif Jamail and Steve.

Edit: Reinhardt was apparently a former top 100 recruit
« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 03:18:09 PM by Galway Eagle »
Maigh Eo for Sam

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #17919 on: June 09, 2019, 03:17:21 PM »
I will tell you what their response was when you quit ignoring why you consider MU a mid major(or at least that's what your expectations for them are), and explain why you do.

I don't. And have never made any statements that would indicate that's my mindset.

Have you written that check yet? Put your money where your mouth is

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #17920 on: June 09, 2019, 03:29:25 PM »
Didn't we have a "reply to muguru" thread going elsewhere? That idea was genius.

https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=58792.0

it was locked immediately. wouldve been useful if the guru vs. the world debates couldve stayed in there but we all know they wouldnt have. guru finds a way to irrationally complain about every possible topic.

there should be a real underboard. the meat suckers and the guru can hyperventilate about the state of the program and leave those who simply want to root for the guys who want to be warriors to do so.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #17921 on: June 09, 2019, 03:35:12 PM »
I don't. And have never made any statements that would indicate that's my mindset.

Have you written that check yet? Put your money where your mouth is

You haven't said it, but your replies to all my posts when I talk about wanting MU to be elite..you laugh or mock or something. Small ti me...total small time by you.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #17922 on: June 09, 2019, 03:39:40 PM »
You haven't said it, but your replies to all my posts when I talk about wanting MU to be elite..you laugh or mock or something. Small ti me...total small time by you.

Gotcha.

So, yet another thing you were totally wrong about. Got it.

D'Lo Brown

• All American
« Reply #17923 on: June 09, 2019, 03:58:05 PM »
https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=58792.0

it was locked immediately. wouldve been useful if the guru vs. the world debates couldve stayed in there but we all know they wouldnt have. guru finds a way to irrationally complain about every possible topic.

there should be a real underboard. the meat suckers and the guru can hyperventilate about the state of the program and leave those who simply want to root for the guys who want to be warriors to do so.

Totally agree. Somehow they only seem to be able to read muguru's posts now, the rest is just unappetizing filler.

Every thread devolves into one of maybe two or three dramatically oversimplified arguments, with people immediately pouncing on any new guru post. With the amount of time they invest in trying to make him rational (some individuals have surely spent 10s if not 100s of hours of their life in this pursuit), what results have they achieved?

muguru

• All American
« Reply #17924 on: June 09, 2019, 04:09:33 PM »
Totally agree. Somehow they only seem to be able to read muguru's posts now, the rest is just unappetizing filler.

Every thread devolves into one of maybe two or three dramatically oversimplified arguments, with people immediately pouncing on any new guru post. With the amount of time they invest in trying to make him rational (some individuals have surely spent 10s if not 100s of hours of their life in this pursuit), what results have they achieved?

Exactly my man...EXACTLY. Why do people continually feel the need to jump on every post i seemingly make?? Have they nothing better to do..My passion is what it is..I believe what i believe, I think how I think...I don't know if people think they are going to somehow someway "tone down" my fandom if they reply(in a snarky, demeaning way), every time I post something?? People are entitled to their opinions...every single one of us...whether we agree with them or not. yet, almost every single thought I post here, someone seems inclined to attack..I don't get it, nor do I care all that much, other than it seems pretty childish to me.

feedback