collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: New Star Wars Trailer - Episode 7 Released Today  (Read 46990 times)

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
Re: New Star Wars Trailer - Episode 7 Released Today
« Reply #75 on: March 27, 2015, 08:21:37 PM »
Anyone else see the photo from the new Star Wars of Mark Hamil looking like Obi Wan?

brandx

« Reply #76 on: March 27, 2015, 11:33:48 PM »
Sadly, even television has struggled with the advent of the cheap production costs and high ratings of reality TV. We're lucky for HBO, Showtime, and AMC among others. Very glad for the cable networksx and the new Netflix stuff.

Last network show I watched was NYPD Blue.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #77 on: March 27, 2015, 11:55:48 PM »
I know this is going to sound ironic as hell given how much I've been carrying on about a new Star Wars movie....but what the damn hell is up with just constant reboots?  Mad Max, really?  That's something we need to reboot?  Hell, Fast and Furious came out 15 years ago shouldn't we reboot that now instead of having a 7th???? 

Of that list 5 out of 17 are reboots and 7 out of the remaining 12 are sequels and 3 out the remain 5 coming from previously established source material.  Sweet gentle unique baby elephants!  Why can't we come up with new Mad Max type original movies???? 

Simple. New audiences are made every day.

Most 4th grade students haven't seen Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, Pinocchio, and other Disney classics.
Pixar has been associated with Disney for the entirety of their lives.

That's why Transformers, GI Joe, etc. have worked: appeals as a novelty to younger crowds as well as nostalgia for the rest of us.
SS Marquette

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #78 on: March 27, 2015, 11:58:11 PM »
I know this is going to sound ironic as hell given how much I've been carrying on about a new Star Wars movie....but what the damn hell is up with just constant reboots?  Mad Max, really?  That's something we need to reboot?  Hell, Fast and Furious came out 15 years ago shouldn't we reboot that now instead of having a 7th???? 

Of that list 5 out of 17 are reboots and 7 out of the remaining 12 are sequels and 3 out the remain 5 coming from previously established source material.  Sweet gentle unique baby elephants!  Why can't we come up with new Mad Max type original movies???? 

What's old is new.

And yes, Mad Max needs a reboot.  So does Blade Runner

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #79 on: March 28, 2015, 12:28:46 PM »
What's old is new.

And yes, Mad Max needs a reboot.  So does Blade Runner

Mad max is getting one. Trailer looks good

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #80 on: March 28, 2015, 01:01:33 PM »
Anyone else see the photo from the new Star Wars of Mark Hamil looking like Obi Wan?

I did...apparently the beard was a contractual obligation.

Here's a pic of him photoshopped into Jedi robes:

This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #81 on: March 31, 2015, 07:49:54 PM »
Mad max is getting one. Trailer looks good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEJnMQG9ev8

Hey mods - seems youtube has moved on from the old embed code... perhaps we could update our ability too?

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #82 on: April 01, 2015, 10:00:20 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEJnMQG9ev8

Hey mods - seems youtube has moved on from the old embed code... perhaps we could update our ability too?

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=25774.msg717253#msg717253

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #84 on: April 16, 2015, 01:37:41 PM »
NEW TRAILER!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngElkyQ6Rhs

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ngElkyQ6Rhs?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3&amp;start=120" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ngElkyQ6Rhs?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3&amp;start=120</a>

« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 01:45:16 PM by Aughnanure »
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #85 on: April 17, 2015, 01:17:06 PM »
NEW TRAILER!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngElkyQ6Rhs

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ngElkyQ6Rhs?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3&amp;start=120" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ngElkyQ6Rhs?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3&amp;start=120</a>

Surprised there wasn't move discussion of this.  This trailer is so freakin' cool and I can't stop watching it.

One thing I noticed, looks like the X-Wings are upgraded....the engines are half moons on the "new" version in the trailer compared to the full moon on the legacy movies.

Similar when the F-18 went from Bug to the Rhino variant.

"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #86 on: April 17, 2015, 01:17:45 PM »
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #87 on: May 05, 2015, 07:06:32 AM »
Did anyone catch Avengers, Age of Ultron over the weekend?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #88 on: May 05, 2015, 09:50:05 AM »

Yes, saw it Sunday in a packed house.  Entertaining.  CGI overload, but that was expected.  Fairly witty....thumbs up from the family.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #89 on: May 05, 2015, 10:13:56 AM »
Yes, saw it Sunday in a packed house.  Entertaining.  CGI overload, but that was expected.  Fairly witty....thumbs up from the family.

I saw after the Derby in a packed theater also.  My family & I concur.  More humorous than I expected and I think there was far more below the CGI surface than critics were stating in reviews.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #90 on: May 05, 2015, 05:30:37 PM »

I did, went Sunday morning. It was good, but not as good as the first Avengers movie or Guardians. James Spader stole the show and I really liked the introduction of the twins. It felt like Hawkeye was the star, which I felt worked well, especially after he was Loki's pawn most of the last movie.

Ultron made a fantastic villain, but while the last Avengers felt like a destination piece, this felt like a place-setter. You could see the groundwork laid for Civil War and Infinity Gauntlet. It showed how the Avengers will evolve over the years.

On a rating scale, I'd probably give it 3 stars. Good, just not as good as its predecessors. However in a few years time, it will definitely be one we look back at as very significant.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #91 on: May 05, 2015, 05:34:59 PM »
One more note on the humor in Age of Ultron: at times it felt forced. I know that witty banter goes part and parcel with comic books, but there were a lot of mid-battle jokes that for me fit better on the printed page than the big screen. Probably plays well with the younger crowd though.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #92 on: May 07, 2015, 07:21:50 PM »
Saw it last night.

No need to watch it in IMAX 3D. Unless you're in an IMAX theater.

Good movie. Not a Marvel fanboy but was an avid comic book reader in my youth.

The build up to Thanos is really coming along. My only concern is the limited of time they have to film the other Avengers movies before they have to cycle out the main actors. The first one was released three years ago.
I don't think I can take watching Scarlett Johansson in her early 40s do the stuff she did in her late 20s.
Not that I don't WANT to but eventually the comic book phase of movies will wane only to resurrect again.

Too much comic book stuff out there now. Not that's it's a bad thing, but people crave for something different and unique. Sometimes, superhero movies start to become the same...

Strong recommendation for Avengers, though. It's necessary to watch if you've watched some of the other movies (Thor, Captain America, Avengers, Iron Man).
SS Marquette

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #93 on: May 07, 2015, 07:25:49 PM »
Don't worry.. they've got a TON more movies scheduled. Look here:

http://www.denofgeek.us/movies/marvel/237462/full-marvel-movie-release-calendar

The studios better hope the comic book craze keeps going.

And that's just Marvel. Doesn't even include Batman/Superman/DC. Fantastic 4 reboot is coming out soon as well.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #94 on: May 07, 2015, 09:58:53 PM »
The build up to Thanos is really coming along. My only concern is the limited of time they have to film the other Avengers movies before they have to cycle out the main actors. The first one was released three years ago.
I don't think I can take watching Scarlett Johansson in her early 40s do the stuff she did in her late 20s.
Not that I don't WANT to but eventually the comic book phase of movies will wane only to resurrect again.

Too much comic book stuff out there now. Not that's it's a bad thing, but people crave for something different and unique. Sometimes, superhero movies start to become the same...

Strong recommendation for Avengers, though. It's necessary to watch if you've watched some of the other movies (Thor, Captain America, Avengers, Iron Man).

I'm sure they have succession plans. Chris Evans and Robert Downey Jr may be done after Civil War, but they'll easily put someone else behind the shield (Sebastian Stan) and while War Machine likely moves into focus for Infinity War, by the time 2020 rolls around, Ty Simpkins (the kid from Iron Man 3) will be 18 and could be a Stark replacement.

Scarlett Johansson will also probably fade away with other prominent female leads like Captain Marvel, Medusa, and Quake will be become bigger players. We could also see a female Thor after Ragnarok. And there is also an Inhuman Black Widow replacement down the line.

It's funny, I remember the outrage when comic companies first toyed around with killing and replacing their big heroes, but now that may be what sustains their ability to survive worry long term Hollywood franchises.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #95 on: October 20, 2015, 09:59:43 AM »
Got a Scoop warning that this topic was too old....pish posh

So let's geek out about the new trailer.  Any thoughts or theories?  Did anyone watch this thing like 20 times last night and another 6 this morning?  Yeah, me neither....that was a dorky friend of mine, just wanted to make sure you guys were cooler than him...awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGbxmsDFVnE

I'm currently operating under the theory that Jakku might be a destroyed Endor or something of that ilk

Also concerned that this centers around yet another massive, evil weapon system.  Best Star Wars movie by far had nothing to do with destroying planets or systems.  Is Wedge Antilles gonna come out of retirement to destroy this one too??

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #96 on: October 20, 2015, 10:02:45 AM »
Got a Scoop warning that this topic was too old....pish posh

So let's geek out about the new trailer.  Any thoughts or theories?  Did anyone watch this thing like 20 times last night and another 6 this morning?  Yeah, me neither....that was a dorky friend of mine, just wanted to make sure you guys were cooler than him...awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGbxmsDFVnE

I'm currently operating under the theory that Jakku might be a destroyed Endor or something of that ilk

Also concerned that this centers around yet another massive, evil weapon system.  Best Star Wars movie by far had nothing to do with destroying planets or systems.  Is Wedge Antilles gonna come out of retirement to destroy this one too??

I don't believe you for a second Phil.   ::)

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #97 on: October 20, 2015, 10:12:51 AM »
Help me out here...What's the appeal of the Star Wars movies? I've seen a couple of them and thought they were, at best, meh. I just don't get it.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #98 on: October 20, 2015, 10:22:13 AM »
Help me out here...What's the appeal of the Star Wars movies? I've seen a couple of them and thought they were, at best, meh. I just don't get it.

Which ones did you see and how old are you/when did you see them?

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #99 on: October 20, 2015, 10:37:04 AM »
Which ones did you see and how old are you/when did you see them?

I saw the original 3 as a kid (age 12ish) and one of the newer ones. I've seen A New Hope a couple of times, including once this summer (I'm 34).