[April 25, 2024, 10:03:37 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Uncle Rico
[April 25, 2024, 05:51:25 PM]

Campus camp-out with cool flags? by FreewaysBurnerAccount
[April 25, 2024, 04:52:25 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[April 25, 2024, 02:51:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: New Star Wars Trailer - Episode 7 Released Today  (Read 47297 times)

🏀

• All American
Re: New Star Wars Trailer - Episode 7 Released Today
« Reply #125 on: October 20, 2015, 09:05:35 PM »
My guess? Luke made an attempt at starting another Jedi Academy, in some secret (seeing as how the Empire is still wildly powerful). His first pupil was Kylo Ren. Ren turned to the dark side. Luke got scared either he, himself, would become corrupted or he would train another who would go dark, so he stopped. He then went the Yoda/Obi-wan path of hermit. Episode 7 will be focused on the two force-sensitive children being led by Solo to find Luke.

There was a novel trilogy of the beginnings of the New Jedi Order, and of course Luke lost a few.

But the trailer speaks of the force, Jedi, dark side as non-existent. VII is only set 30 years after the Endor bonfire. So they're not following that too closely.

Pretty sure all of the EU was abandoned, but they're taking bits and pieces.

Personally, hoping Kylo Ren is Jacen Solo.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #126 on: October 20, 2015, 09:19:09 PM »
There was a novel trilogy of the beginnings of the New Jedi Order, and of course Luke lost a few.

But the trailer speaks of the force, Jedi, dark side as non-existent. VII is only set 30 years after the Endor bonfire. So they're not following that too closely.

Pretty sure all of the EU was abandoned, but they're taking bits and pieces.

Personally, hoping Kylo Ren is Jacen Solo.

If you recall, in episode 4, the "force" was considered an "ancient religion" that no one supposedly believed in - biggest example being the guy that vader force-chokes at the beginning. Seeing as how there was only Vader, Palpatine, Luke and Obi-wan around, it's not hard to imagine that the force has been absent as an idea.

Basically, not much has changed from 4-5-6 to 7 in terms of how the force is noted by the majority.

Yes, EU was turned non-canon. Only thing that is "official" is Episodes 1-6, The Clone Wars cartoon and the Star Wars Rebels cartoon. Agreed that they'll take ideas from the EU.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #127 on: October 20, 2015, 09:22:18 PM »
Last bit, Luke is definitely saving Finn at the end of that trailer. Might be the only time he is seen.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #128 on: October 21, 2015, 08:22:07 AM »
If you recall, in episode 4, the "force" was considered an "ancient religion" that no one supposedly believed in - biggest example being the guy that vader force-chokes at the beginning. Seeing as how there was only Vader, Palpatine, Luke and Obi-wan around, it's not hard to imagine that the force has been absent as an idea.

Basically, not much has changed from 4-5-6 to 7 in terms of how the force is noted by the majority.

Yes, EU was turned non-canon. Only thing that is "official" is Episodes 1-6, The Clone Wars cartoon and the Star Wars Rebels cartoon. Agreed that they'll take ideas from the EU.

If you think about it, 19 years based between the events of 3 and the start of 4 and I think like 6-7 passes during 4-6, and then 7 is based 30 years after 6.....so a reasonable timeline is 55 years between peak Jedi Order and the start of the Force Awakens.....plus it wasn't like there was a Jedi on every planet.  Additionally, even the Jedi were a little shaky on the Sith thing.  You throw in that it is a ginormous galaxy and 20 years of Empire rule with their propaganda and controlling information and outright enslavement.....I get why people think they are myths.

The Star Wars Rebel cartoon will be interesting.....at some point they are going to have to kill the kid and his teacher since its "cannon" that Luke is the last Jedi Knight.

I'm guessing instead of a Jedi Academy scenario, Luke ran into a couple of fights or incidents where he nearly turned and decides become a recluse to prevent further death and destruction.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #129 on: October 21, 2015, 03:04:35 PM »
If you think about it, 19 years based between the events of 3 and the start of 4 and I think like 6-7 passes during 4-6, and then 7 is based 30 years after 6.....so a reasonable timeline is 55 years between peak Jedi Order and the start of the Force Awakens.....plus it wasn't like there was a Jedi on every planet.  Additionally, even the Jedi were a little shaky on the Sith thing.  You throw in that it is a ginormous galaxy and 20 years of Empire rule with their propaganda and controlling information and outright enslavement.....I get why people think they are myths.

The Star Wars Rebel cartoon will be interesting.....at some point they are going to have to kill the kid and his teacher since its "cannon" that Luke is the last Jedi Knight.

I'm guessing instead of a Jedi Academy scenario, Luke ran into a couple of fights or incidents where he nearly turned and decides become a recluse to prevent further death and destruction.

Yea. I was just pointing out how things aren't much difference between episode 4-5-6 and now 7 in the galaxy's view of the force/jedi/sith.

Agreed on Rebels. I just got caught up with it. Not only the kid and his master, but Asohka as well will have to die. Also, according to that show, there are other Jedi out there still. However, that show will likely be goign for several more seasons, beyond the release of 7 and maybe 8/9. So they have time to get everything in order before ending it.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #131 on: October 21, 2015, 03:28:40 PM »
Help me out here...What's the appeal of the Star Wars movies? I've seen a couple of them and thought they were, at best, meh. I just don't get it.

I've seen them all as they came out.  The first two were while I was in High School and I thought they were phenomenal at the time.  They lost me in the third one (Episode 6) when the storm troopers couldn't beat overgrown gerbils throwing rocks.  I'd like to see the Storm Troopers battle Middle-Earth Orcs because I don't think anyone would win.

I saw the prequel trilogy because by then I had an interested young son, but didn't care for them at all.  I'm not all that excited about the new triology, but I will see them if the buzz is good once they come out.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #132 on: October 21, 2015, 04:38:39 PM »
Yea. I was just pointing out how things aren't much difference between episode 4-5-6 and now 7 in the galaxy's view of the force/jedi/sith.

Agreed on Rebels. I just got caught up with it. Not only the kid and his master, but Asohka as well will have to die. Also, according to that show, there are other Jedi out there still. However, that show will likely be goign for several more seasons, beyond the release of 7 and maybe 8/9. So they have time to get everything in order before ending it.

It will be interesting, because prior to the rise of the empire, the Jedi sought children who were force sensitive and brought them back to be trained. 

A. there seemingly weren't a ton of force sensitive people
B. Those people don't go away just because the jedi and/or sith aren't there any more.

At the start of E-VII there have to be people who are unaware or accidentally using their force powers.  The Knights of Ren(of which Kylo is apart) are some sort of wanna be sith, they might be swelling their ranks which may force a new creation of the jedi....I wonder if that's the driving arc for the 3 movies.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #133 on: October 21, 2015, 08:18:23 PM »
Which ones did you see and how old are you/when did you see them?
Opened the thread with a "wtf? 7 pages about a SarWars trailer?" and was very glad to see it started 18 months ago.  In my house my wife (8yrs younger) and kids LOVE Star Wars and I cannot stand it.  For me, the overarching story line is absolutely brilliant but the acting, script, and 'cute' characters are too bad for the story line to overcome.   

What's funny is that How I Met Your Mother absolutely nailed it for us https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHe1Nwb8zr4.  I'm on the left side of the Ewok line and she's on the right.  It doesn't specifically apply if you are 34 but it might help explain the lack of enthusiasm for the series.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #134 on: October 22, 2015, 07:05:52 AM »
I still remember seeing Episode 4 in the theaters as an 8 year old. 

All those Star Wars figures my brother and I had are still in my moms basement and apparently a few are valuable.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #135 on: December 10, 2015, 01:56:35 PM »
So, who is planning on going to a midnight showing?    Who already has their tickets?  Who has made it part of their Christmas plans?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #136 on: December 10, 2015, 01:59:45 PM »
I have a ticket for Monday at 10a.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #137 on: December 10, 2015, 02:06:30 PM »
I have a ticket for Monday at 10a.

You going IMAX 3D or regular?

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #138 on: December 10, 2015, 02:27:48 PM »
Opened the thread with a "wtf? 7 pages about a SarWars trailer?" and was very glad to see it started 18 months ago.  In my house my wife (8yrs younger) and kids LOVE Star Wars and I cannot stand it.  For me, the overarching story line is absolutely brilliant but the acting, script, and 'cute' characters are too bad for the story line to overcome.  

That sentence is so simple but that might just be the reason I can't get into these movies. I really enjoy the overall story line and want to like the movies, but the total ridiculousness involved is just too much for me.

What's funny is that How I Met Your Mother absolutely nailed it for us https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHe1Nwb8zr4.  I'm on the left side of the Ewok line and she's on the right.  It doesn't specifically apply if you are 34 but it might help explain the lack of enthusiasm for the series.

The ducky tie.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #139 on: December 10, 2015, 03:21:29 PM »
How far out on the calendar can you buy tickets for?

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #140 on: December 10, 2015, 03:47:54 PM »
If you aren't much of a Star Wars fan, I've got something else you can camp out for. About 6 blocks from where I work, there is a line forming in front of the Jumpman store to buy the newest version of Air Jordans.  I would estimate there are were about 50 people in line at 1:00 this afternoon, and the shoes don't go on sale until Saturday morning.
Have some patience, FFS.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #141 on: December 11, 2015, 08:50:55 AM »
You going IMAX 3D or regular?

I'm blind in one eye, so regular

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #142 on: December 11, 2015, 09:08:22 AM »
Help me out here...What's the appeal of the Star Wars movies? I've seen a couple of them and thought they were, at best, meh. I just don't get it.
I couldn't agree more. I feel like I'm missing something.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #143 on: December 11, 2015, 09:13:02 AM »
So, who is planning on going to a midnight showing?    Who already has their tickets?  Who has made it part of their Christmas plans?

Not sure when I'm going, still negotiating with the wife as to what I have to give up for her to take our 3 week old while I go to the movies for 3 hours.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #144 on: December 11, 2015, 09:57:19 AM »
I am thinking Friday lunchtime matinee. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #145 on: December 11, 2015, 10:17:51 AM »
Not sure when I'm going, still negotiating with the wife as to what I have to give up for her to take our 3 week old while I go to the movies for 3 hours.

Sounds like you already gave up your nuts, Navy...

Death on call

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #146 on: December 11, 2015, 12:15:50 PM »
If you're negotiating at for free time at 3 weeks you're screwed man.  3 weeks is the easiest time you have.  Wait until he crawls.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #147 on: December 11, 2015, 12:27:54 PM »
If you're negotiating at for free time at 3 weeks you're screwed man.  3 weeks is the easiest time you have.  Wait until he crawls.

Trying to go as soon as possible and the wife has things going on that Friday and Saturday that I'm trying to work around.  I was told putting him in a crib with the dog as supervision is not an option.  1st month has been easy, want to take advantage

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #148 on: December 11, 2015, 12:28:29 PM »
Sounds like you already gave up your nuts, Navy...

Happy wife, happy life

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #149 on: December 14, 2015, 02:26:13 PM »
Just boarded a Disney cruise for my son's Make-A-Wish. We get a special screening of Star Wars Thursday morning.