[Today at 08:17:02 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by bilsu
[Today at 07:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 05:04:53 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[Today at 03:21:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: New Star Wars Trailer - Episode 7 Released Today  (Read 47205 times)

StillAWarrior

• All American
Re: New Star Wars Trailer - Episode 7 Released Today
« Reply #150 on: December 14, 2015, 02:47:22 PM »
Just boarded a Disney cruise for my son's Make-A-Wish. We get a special screening of Star Wars Thursday morning.

That's awesome!  Hope you guys have a great time.  I'm sure you will.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #151 on: April 07, 2016, 02:01:34 PM »
Thought I'd resurect the thread now that the Rogue One teaser finally hit the interwebs. Thoughts? Theories?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wji-BZ0oCwg

I'm also guessing that the theatrical trailer will release as part of CA:Civil War.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

tower912

• All American
« Reply #152 on: April 07, 2016, 02:07:53 PM »
I watched it.   As I understand it, this is set prior to 'A New Hope'.   If that is accurate, I cannot help but notice the physical resemblance between the heroine in this movie and the heroine in 'the Force Awakens.'
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #153 on: April 07, 2016, 02:11:08 PM »
Is that Darth Vader at 1:11 mark of the trailer?

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #154 on: April 07, 2016, 03:53:22 PM »
Is that Darth Vader at 1:11 mark of the trailer?

That was my question, given the honor guards in the shot it would certainly imply that whoever it is is meeting the emperor.....but it seems too slight a frame to be Vader.

I had heard rumors that Vader would be in this movie and that his role would be pretty brutal so it would make sense if it's Vader.

I want to know who the fancy pants Imperial officer is....can't be Tarkin because the timeline is too tight. Some sort of grand admiral ala Thrawn?
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #155 on: April 07, 2016, 04:02:38 PM »
I'm also curious how they are going to explain all the different varieties of stormtroopers that we never see in the OT. Saw at least three different uniform colors/classes (white, black, and tan). Doesn't even get into the specialties that may be within each class (scout, zero g, snow, etc).

As an example, if the so called shadow troopers turn out to be bad ass.....how do you not see them on the Endor moon when the emperor is talking about a legion of his best troops???

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #156 on: April 07, 2016, 04:19:41 PM »
That black armor she was wearing towards the end looked like Phasmas.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #157 on: April 08, 2016, 08:32:58 AM »
I wasn't blown away by it at all.

Thoughts:

1. Rey's mom? First thing I thought of, I'm really hoping no though. Force isn't supposed to be in this movie, so I don't think they can show the mother of a girl naturally force-gifted without using the force.
2. I think that's Vader in the cape.
3. Will Boba show up? I think he has to if they want to push a spin-off later.
4. Dialogue was horrid, the 'I rebel" line. Yuck.
5. AT-ATs!

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #158 on: April 08, 2016, 09:17:19 AM »
I wasn't blown away by it at all.

Thoughts:

1. Rey's mom? First thing I thought of, I'm really hoping no though. Force isn't supposed to be in this movie, so I don't think they can show the mother of a girl naturally force-gifted without using the force.
2. I think that's Vader in the cape.
3. Will Boba show up? I think he has to if they want to push a spin-off later.
4. Dialogue was horrid, the 'I rebel" line. Yuck.
5. AT-ATs!

1. No way she is Rey's mom....timeline doesn't work and I fully expect her to die at the end of this movie. Side note though, if Luke is the father, the mother doesn't have to be force sensitive

2. I guess that makes more sense then having another dark sider involved that isn't Vader. I think Vader has to be really bad ass in this movie to make the redemption story in RotJ stick....he has to be fully evil all of the time until Luke turns him back.

Though, I'd love it if the cloaked figure was Maul to tie-in Clone Wars and Rebels then have a Vader/Maul show down.

3. Boba has to show up, I think that character more than any other is in demand within the fan base...plus you can have Boba be a "defeatable" bad guy that Vader can't be.

4. To each their own I guess.....I loved the line.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #159 on: April 08, 2016, 10:10:30 AM »
1. No way she is Rey's mom....timeline doesn't work and I fully expect her to die at the end of this movie. Side note though, if Luke is the father, the mother doesn't have to be force sensitive

Isn't the Princess Leia line "that good people died getting this information on the Death Star."

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #160 on: April 08, 2016, 10:24:54 AM »
Isn't the Princess Leia line "that good people died getting this information on the Death Star."

Thought that was Mon Montha in RotJ referring to the Bothans stealing the plans for the 2nd Death Star?

feedback