[Today at 04:18:31 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[Today at 02:09:27 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by barfolomew
[Today at 02:08:20 PM]

2024-25 Outlook by GoldenEagles03
[Today at 01:48:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Henry Ellenson  (Read 154265 times)

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
Re: Henry Ellenson
« Reply #75 on: September 12, 2014, 11:56:49 AM »
Players' heights are commonly over listed. Burton is currently listed at 6"4. I have stood next to him. I am taller than him at 6"3.

But he does play like he is 6"5

TAMU, you're are getting older and people have been know shrink as they age...maybe you aren't 6'3" anymore  ;D

moomoo

• Team Captain
« Reply #76 on: September 12, 2014, 12:09:24 PM »
Players' heights are commonly over listed. Burton is currently listed at 6"4. I have stood next to him. I am taller than him at 6"3.

But he does play like he is 6"5

Tamu,

I admire many  of your posts very much, but I am going to have to disagree with your last one.

My wife took a picture of Deonte and me standing next to eachother, posing at the camera.  I am 6 foot 2 inches and he was at least two inches taller.  In fact, I just pulled up the picture on my phone and looked at it.  He is a legit 6-4.

A couple of other facts -

he was enormous - built like a linebacker,

and he was incredibly pleasant, polite and respectful.  The kid was raised very well.

He is going to be easy to root for.

Best to all

Moomoo

Silenzio. Parla il moomoo.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #77 on: September 12, 2014, 12:35:36 PM »
Burton will be on an NBA roster one day - whether after his junior year or senior year.  Same might be true of Henry Ellenson as well (to bring back on topic.)

I wish I could be as certain about any one thing in life as you are about all manner of things.

You've watched Burton play an extremely small sampling of minutes at the college level, yet you know for a fact he WILL be an NBA player.

I, on the other hand, see some potential and wonder about his size translating to the next level. Oh, and I'd like to see him ... I don't know ... start a few college games before guaranteeing him an NBA career.

I do congratulate you on your rare restraint when it comes to Henry. Maybe you're waiting for him to sign with us before saying he's a lead-pipe cinch to be the next Dirk?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #78 on: September 12, 2014, 01:35:48 PM »
TAMU, you're are getting older and people have been know shrink as they age...maybe you aren't 6'3" anymore  ;D

I hope I'm not shrinking at 25, lol. But that would make Deonte even shorter. Maybe I  grew an inch.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #79 on: September 12, 2014, 01:39:46 PM »

He is going to be easy to root for.

Best to all

Moomoo

He IS easy to root for.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #80 on: September 12, 2014, 02:29:26 PM »
No, he doesn't shoot it all that well - 64.7% from the free throw line tells you that, and his mid range shooting last year wasn't all that great.

When "undisciplined" = a 1:1.6 assist to turnover ratio it's a bad thing. Comparing Deonte to the greatest player ever and another in the top 10 is ridiculous, but if you must, do you think Michael or Kobe ever put up that kind of ratio?

I like Deonte. He's a unique and dynamic player. I wouldn't bet against him. But I won't call his faults "strengths" because he's Michael or Kobe. That's silly, and I think Wojo will agree. Here's a bet I will make - Burton will never again launch it at the rate he did last year. Interested?

It's rather ironic to me that you call into question a 64% FT shooter, while advocating all of last season how a 43% FT shooter, and 7% 3pt shooter was a MUCH better option than a guy who shoots 81% from FT line and 28% from the 3.  LOL.

What you seem to fail to understand is that you WANT your best players shooting the ball the most, and at the highest rate.  It isn't a BAD thing at all...nor is it "undisciplined,"  nor does the concept of undisciplined correlate to citing an assist to turnover ration.  Nor do you understand that when you are a player who can get a shot off anytime he wants - it also is a little different ball game - than it is for a guy who cannot create his own shot.

Will be interesting to see if Deonte's usage goes down this season - don't think that's a lock necessarily - but given that he'll be playing more minutes, AND likely won't be hamstrung by playing with 2 guys who can't score the ball at the guard position - it won't be as imperative for him to launch shots, as it was last season.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #81 on: September 12, 2014, 03:10:35 PM »
It's rather ironic to me that you call into question a 64% FT shooter, while advocating all of last season how a 43% FT shooter, and 7% 3pt shooter was a MUCH better option than a guy who shoots 81% from FT line and 28% from the 3.  LOL.

Only irony is that you don't know what irony means. If I had said that Derrick deserved to play because he was a good shooter but said Burton wasn't a good enough shooter to play that might be ironic. Acknowledging that Derrick was a horrible shooter but saying he was a better all around choice than Dawson (what I said) and saying that a 64% free throw shooting wasn't all that good for an off guard or a 3 in the freaking NBA (what I also said) are both true and have absolutely no connection to one another, ironic or otherwise. But thanks anyway for making a connection that didn't 't exist - it was important and insightful for you to remind us of Derrick's FT and 3ptFG percentages last year for the 783rd time. It adds so much to the discussion even under those circumstances.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #82 on: September 12, 2014, 03:19:57 PM »
So......Henry Ellenson -- I hear he's a good shooter.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #83 on: September 12, 2014, 04:15:34 PM »
So ive heard

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #84 on: September 12, 2014, 04:29:52 PM »

Traditionally, he has been regarded as such.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #85 on: September 12, 2014, 04:54:34 PM »

What you seem to fail to understand is that you WANT your best players shooting the ball the most, and at the highest rate.  It isn't a BAD thing at all...nor is it "undisciplined,"  nor does the concept of undisciplined correlate to citing an assist to turnover ration.  Nor do you understand that when you are a player who can get a shot off anytime he wants - it also is a little different ball game - than it is for a guy who cannot create his own shot.

Will be interesting to see if Deonte's usage goes down this season - don't think that's a lock necessarily - but given that he'll be playing more minutes, AND likely won't be hamstrung by playing with 2 guys who can't score the ball at the guard position - it won't be as imperative for him to launch shots, as it was last season.

Those two things are not AT ALL related in the context of this conversation.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #86 on: September 12, 2014, 04:57:30 PM »
Those two things are not AT ALL related in the context of this conversation.

If it makes me LOL, is it related?

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #87 on: September 12, 2014, 05:41:55 PM »
I wish I could be as certain about any one thing in life as you are about all manner of things.

You've watched Burton play an extremely small sampling of minutes at the college level, yet you know for a fact he WILL be an NBA player.

I, on the other hand, see some potential and wonder about his size translating to the next level. Oh, and I'd like to see him ... I don't know ... start a few college games before guaranteeing him an NBA career.

I do congratulate you on your rare restraint when it comes to Henry. Maybe you're waiting for him to sign with us before saying he's a lead-pipe cinch to be the next Dirk?
Ners played HS basketball.  Give him the respect he is due!

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #88 on: September 12, 2014, 05:50:59 PM »

Spot on.  Plus, he played at the Rec with some D1 ballerz.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #89 on: September 12, 2014, 05:56:16 PM »

THanks ATL  - much appreciated.  (Hopefully you don't need teal to detect the sarcasm?) It is hard at times to post on a board where so many guys never played the game at even the high school level, but instead are wrestlers, members of the band, etc.  It generally is very clear which posters have played the game at a decent level, and which of you haven't.  I just need to remember to avoid engaging with those who haven't.  I'll see what I can do.  Yet hard to do when you see an idiotic posts made...and last season of course was a beating with Buzz's defenders (most of whom never played the game beyond 5th grade) suggesting he was making the right coaching decisions.

And we all saw how last year turned out!  Was evident to anyone with a clue that what Buzz was doing as of Late November was going to be a disaster.  The good news, bringing it back to Ellenson is that we didn't stand a chance of getting him if Buzz was here.  Go Wojo.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #90 on: September 12, 2014, 06:00:03 PM »
Spot on.  Plus, he played at the Rec with some D1 ballerz.

And you?  What were you doing Wades?  FYI - Playing basketball on your XBox doesn't count.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #91 on: September 12, 2014, 06:11:56 PM »
THanks ATL  - much appreciated.  (Hopefully you don't need teal to detect the sarcasm?) It is hard at times to post on a board where so many guys never played the game at even the high school level, but instead are wrestlers, members of the band, etc.  It generally is very clear which posters have played the game at a decent level, and which of you haven't.  I just need to remember to avoid engaging with those who haven't.  I'll see what I can do.  Yet hard to do when you see an idiotic posts made...and last season of course was a beating with Buzz's defenders (most of whom never played the game beyond 5th grade) suggesting he was making the right coaching decisions.

And we all saw how last year turned out!  Was evident to anyone with a clue that what Buzz was doing as of Late November was going to be a disaster.  The good news, bringing it back to Ellenson is that we didn't stand a chance of getting him if Buzz was here.  Go Wojo.
This is a perfect example of why you are so much fun to provoke.  Just breathe man. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #92 on: September 12, 2014, 06:18:33 PM »
This is a perfect example of why you are so much fun to provoke.  Just breathe man. 

Haha.  Seeing his responses in quotes is hilarious.  Almost makes me want to take him off ignore, but avoiding the Derrick threads (and threads not intended to be about Derrick that he has turned into Derrick threads) is too nice.  Makes Scoop much more enjoyable.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #93 on: September 12, 2014, 08:25:58 PM »
Ners has become a parody of Ners.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #94 on: September 12, 2014, 08:51:44 PM »
I hear Henry has some nice shoes.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #95 on: September 12, 2014, 09:04:18 PM »
I hear Henry has some nice shoes.

He's from Rice Lake donchaknow. I wonder if he's sampled the Norske Nook pie.

Death on call

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #96 on: September 12, 2014, 09:55:15 PM »
Ya der hey.  I hear you can get some nice pie near tirdee tird and kinnikinnick.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 10:14:06 PM by real chili 83 »

Atticus

• All American
« Reply #97 on: September 12, 2014, 10:00:42 PM »
Why do I have a feeling ners is a middle-aged...tool?

I'll bet the house. Any takers?

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #98 on: September 12, 2014, 10:09:20 PM »
Why do I have a feeling ners is a middle-aged...tool?

I'll bet the house. Any takers?
Actually hes Derrick Wilson.

Shark

• All American
« Reply #99 on: September 12, 2014, 10:56:17 PM »
You guys can lay off the guy, Jesus. Everyone hates on Ners every thread I see him in. Sure, he's wrong sometimes. But he's also right sometimes.

And though he may have only played at the high school level he is right. You can tell when someone has only played half-court games of 3 on 3 and when someone has played at even a semi-competitive level.

feedback