Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Henry Ellenson  (Read 152434 times)

onepost

• All American
Henry Ellenson
« on: September 10, 2014, 10:30:37 AM »
I know we've got a number of these threads up, but I'd just like to start one final (hopefully on topic) Henry Ellenson thread that we can use till he makes a decision.

Evan Daniels had a list of 60 or so coaches and the visits they were all scheduled to make once the recruiting period opened back up this week.  He reported that Wojo went to visit Henry at his school in Rice Lake first thing on Tuesday (the first day you could see recruits again), stressing that he was Wojo's only priority at this time.  Also, I noticed that Calipari went to see two of his main targets (I wanna say Jaylen Brown and Stephen Zimmerman?) for in-home visits, while Izzo went to go see Caleb Swanigan right away.  I'm sure these guys will go see all their targets soon enough, but I loved seeing that Wojo made Henry his first (and really only) priority first thing on Tuesday while Cal and Izzo have him further down the line.  Gotta think these recruits (while obviously fickle minded as a whole) notice that kinda stuff.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 10:34:39 AM by oneposteagle »

Johnny B

• All American
Re: Henry Ellenson
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 10:37:52 AM »
Glad are coach is
Committed and works hard.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 10:39:31 AM »
I've been thinking about picking up some Reef Deck Hands recently.

This is another thread about shoes, right?

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 10:40:02 AM »
Awesome to hear and only makes me more excited that Henry will be a Warrior.

Wojo had a busy day. Up in Rice Lake in the morning and then back at MU by 2:00pm for the Bill Scholl press conference. Respect the hustle
Bring back FFP!!!

🏀

• All American
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 10:42:43 AM »
All of my posts will now be titled "Henry Ellenson"

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2014, 10:47:00 AM »
Awesome to hear and only makes me more excited that Henry will be a Warrior.

Wojo had a busy day. Up in Rice Lake in the morning and then back at MU by 2:00pm for the Bill Scholl press conference. Respect the hustle

Private Plane, piece of cake!

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2014, 10:48:01 AM »
I know that he's *the* priority and a lot of people think he is coming to MU...but I hope Wojo has a back up plan of some sort.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2014, 10:53:33 AM »
I'm not that great at making accurate predictions, but I feel very good about the following:

This will not be the final Henry Ellenson thread till he makes a decision.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2014, 11:01:17 AM »
I know that he's *the* priority and a lot of people think he is coming to MU...but I hope Wojo has a back up plan of some sort.

ABR.

I think the backups at this point are Bryant Crawford, Levan Alston, and Davon Dillard. The Crawford ship may be sailing though. SMU and Georgetown are riding him hard.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

onepost

• All American
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2014, 11:03:17 AM »
I'm not that great at making accurate predictions, but I feel very good about the following:

Oh I'm sure, just trying to clean things up a bit and had some info I hadn't seen posted on here.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2014, 11:03:47 AM »
ABR.

I think the backups at this point are Bryant Crawford, Levan Alston, and Davon Dillard. The Crawford ship may be sailing though. SMU and Georgetown are riding him hard.

You just named three guards/wings.  IMO those aren't back up plans to Ellenson.  They were back up plans to Cheatham...or possible transfers.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2014, 11:04:05 AM »
Caleb Swanigan is practically a lock for Michigan State. That would give them two 5 star bigs and a four star wing in the 2015 class. With his last schollie I think Izzo is going after a PG.

Ellenson is about the 17th priority for Calipari right now.

I feel more and more confident every day that Henry will be a Warrior. I'm predicting an early October announcement.
TAMU

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2014, 11:06:28 AM »

You just named three guards/wings.  IMO those aren't back up plans to Ellenson.  They were back up plans to Cheatham...or possible transfers.

Ellenson may be big, but can play like a wing. I don't think Wojo is locked in a PF for the final schollie. We already have Gabe, Luke, Taylor, and Heldt. Obviously could use more, but I think Ellenson is the only PF he is currently recruiting. Should he go elsewhere, I don't think Wojo will mind picking up another wing instead. Davon Dillard if I had to guess.
TAMU

wojosdojo

• All American
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2014, 11:12:32 AM »
I feel very confident as well.

Who knows when our last five star recruit was?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2014, 11:15:34 AM »

Not sure what you're looking for in a "backup plan," because there is no other top-20 recruit out there who does what Ellenson does while also being interested in Marquette.

In the highly unlikely event that Ellenson makes a catastrophic mistake and chooses to matriculate elsewhere, methinks Wojo's backup plan will be to sign another very good player to go along with the three very good players who already have committed.

I mean, maybe Heldt already IS the backup plan!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2014, 11:19:13 AM »
I know we've got a number of these threads up, but I'd just like to start one final (hopefully on topic) Henry Ellenson thread that we can use till he makes a decision.

Evan Daniels had a list of 60 or so coaches and the visits they were all scheduled to make once the recruiting period opened back up this week.  He reported that Wojo went to visit Henry at his school in Rice Lake first thing on Tuesday (the first day you could see recruits again), stressing that he was Wojo's only priority at this time.  Also, I noticed that Calipari went to see two of his main targets (I wanna say Jaylen Brown and Stephen Zimmerman?) for in-home visits, while Izzo went to go see Caleb Swanigan right away.  I'm sure these guys will go see all their targets soon enough, but I loved seeing that Wojo made Henry his first (and really only) priority first thing on Tuesday while Cal and Izzo have him further down the line.  Gotta think these recruits (while obviously fickle minded as a whole) notice that kinda stuff.

This is great to hear. Hopefully Swanigan commits to MSU before Henry makes his decision. Every little bit helps.
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2014, 11:34:09 AM »

I mean, maybe Heldt already IS the backup plan!

Good point.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2014, 11:40:12 AM »
Got wood. Just hope WoJo didn't show up at midnight in a limo, a'ina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2014, 11:52:10 AM »
Got wood. Just hope WoJo didn't show up at midnight in a limo, a'ina?

Scott Wood?  Thought that dude's eligibility with the Wolf Pack was up.  Another Russell Wilson from the same school, just a different sport?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2014, 11:56:11 AM »
Me too Sultan. And even if he does not have a back up plan, he can always rely on you and I to provide him with one.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2014, 12:04:13 PM »
I feel very confident as well.

Who knows when our last five star recruit was?

Probably Doc in the early 80s.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2014, 12:09:00 PM »
Doc was the last burger boy. Vander was a 5 star on ESPN I believe.

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2014, 12:11:22 PM »
Kerry Trotter was our last McDonald's AA recruit, so he might be the last consensus 5 star.
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2014, 12:18:32 PM »

Of course, things can change quickly...but I'm starting to buy into the possibility that Henry will be coming to MU. Seems like MU has all the momentum—at least according to the experts at 247. As long as Mark Miller continues to predict Ellenson to MU, I'm feeling pretty good.  

brandx

« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2014, 12:19:57 PM »
Caleb Swanigan is practically a lock for Michigan State. That would give them two 5 star bigs and a four star wing in the 2015 class. With his last schollie I think Izzo is going after a PG.

Ellenson is about the 17th priority for Calipari right now.

I feel more and more confident every day that Henry will be a Warrior. I'm predicting an early October announcement.

Same here. First half of October.

feedback