[Today at 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[Today at 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Henry Ellenson  (Read 154172 times)

Johnny B

• All American
Re: Henry Ellenson
« Reply #100 on: September 12, 2014, 11:04:37 PM »
You guys can lay off the guy, Jesus. Everyone hates on Ners every thread I see him in. Sure, he's wrong sometimes. But he's also right sometimes.

And though he may have only played at the high school level he is right. You can tell when someone has only played half-court games of 3 on 3 and when someone has played at even a semi-competitive level.

I support ners
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 10:08:09 AM by Johnny Basketball »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #101 on: September 12, 2014, 11:12:22 PM »
You guys can lay off the guy, Jesus. Everyone hates on Ners every thread I see him in. Sure, he's wrong sometimes. But he's also right sometimes.

And though he may have only played at the high school level he is right. You can tell when someone has only played half-court games of 3 on 3 and when someone has played at even a semi-competitive level.

Haha. Ners has only himself to blame for that.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #102 on: September 12, 2014, 11:15:35 PM »
Why do I have a feeling ners is a middle-aged...tool?

I'll bet the house. Any takers?

This post was pretty...toolish

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #103 on: September 12, 2014, 11:20:11 PM »
Ya der hey.  I hear you can get some nice pie near tirdee tird and kinnikinnick.

Really? Where?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #104 on: September 13, 2014, 12:34:30 AM »
I played basketball on an intramural team in grad school. That means I know more than undergraduate athletes right?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #105 on: September 13, 2014, 12:57:59 AM »
THanks ATL  - much appreciated.  (Hopefully you don't need teal to detect the sarcasm?) It is hard at times to post on a board where so many guys never played the game at even the high school level, but instead are wrestlers, members of the band, etc.  It generally is very clear which posters have played the game at a decent level, and which of you haven't.  I just need to remember to avoid engaging with those who haven't.  I'll see what I can do.  Yet hard to do when you see an idiotic posts made...and last season of course was a beating with Buzz's defenders (most of whom never played the game beyond 5th grade) suggesting he was making the right coaching decisions.

Don't hate on athletes.  The fact is that you should take an elite wrestler, soccer player, track star whatever over a marginal basketball player's opinion any day.  This is because there are certain fundamental skills that people innately know and others don't.  It's what separates the best athletes from ok ones.  Normally I agree with the majority of your points despite not having the time nor inclination to come to your defense in all the posts but i've got to agree with the way this board is going in that you take things a bit too seriously and are in danger of essentially becoming the non political version of chicos. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #106 on: September 13, 2014, 01:00:20 AM »

How do I know you are a middle aged tool?  Umm...perhaps this awesome post you served up recently:

24     MUScoop / Hangin' at the Al / Re: Barney's home for sale.    on: July 29, 2014, 08:27:23 PM
meh. buzz's old pad has white trash written all over it. of course it is going to take an athlete to buy that place. duh.

i know the house and the neighborhood. not worth the price tag. the lot sucks. I'd rather live in Frank Brickowski's old neighborhood than Buzz's; Id rather live closer to the lake.

Actually, ill take Fox Point and River Hills over his address any day. Speaking of Fox Point.... it brings back old school memories of TP'ing Bud Selig's house while pounding cans of Pabst. The good old days....
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #107 on: September 13, 2014, 01:07:55 AM »
Don't hate on athletes.  The fact is that you should take an elite wrestler, soccer player, track star whatever over a marginal basketball player's opinion any day.  This is because there are certain fundamental skills that people innately know and others don't.  It's what separates the best athletes from ok ones.  Normally I agree with the majority of your points despite not having the time nor inclination to come to your defense in all the posts but i've got to agree with the way this board is going in that you take things a bit too seriously and are in danger of essentially becoming the non political version of chicos. 

I don't hate on athletes - at all.  I'm not sure what your point here was - but if you are suggesting that we have elite level wrestlers, soccer players and track stars posting here - and that by virtue of them being "elite" in their sport - they know more about the game of basketball - that they've likely spent very little time playing - I'm confused.

I can assure you, that I would never form opinions or make comments suggesting I had a clue what I was talking about when it comes to wrestling, track, soccer, boxing, baseball - as I never participated in those sports beyond an 8th grade level.

As for taking things too seriously, not really - just don't care to give the 5-7 adversaries here a free pass on their idiotic posts.  Though I will try to do a better job and not respond to the idiocy and just realize that they simply don't know any better.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

onepost

• All American
« Reply #108 on: September 13, 2014, 01:42:59 AM »
God damn. What a disaster.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #109 on: September 13, 2014, 03:23:18 AM »
God damn. What a disaster.
This was an appropriate use of your one post. It is indeed a disaster. 

Let's get back on track. For everyone else's sake. I surely hope that Mark Miller's feeling is right. I think k Wojo has established the right connections and fostered the right feel for the program that it will be a strong draw for the Ellenson family and their unsigned son. I can only hope that the work put in so far is enough to weather the storm.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #110 on: September 13, 2014, 04:42:09 AM »

You seem to be an expert on tools. Middle aged--as opposed to yuppie tools? Or Occupy Wall Street tools? Or political tool? Or jock tool? And so on.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #111 on: September 13, 2014, 07:40:23 AM »
Just so you know, I support ners
Completely and don't care what he posts. A mU fan is a freind of mine.
[/quote

]Just so you know, nobody cares.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #112 on: September 13, 2014, 08:19:03 AM »
I like both of them, but Ners is like a young Murf who continuously argued that Diener was a dime a dozen point guard. They both get on topics and never give up on them.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #113 on: September 13, 2014, 08:27:33 AM »
As for taking things too seriously, not really - just don't care to give the 5-7 adversaries here a free pass on their idiotic posts.  Though I will try to do a better job and not respond to the idiocy and just realize that they simply don't know any better.

No one here is your "adversary."  I guess part of the problem is that you view it that way.

MUCrew

• All American
« Reply #114 on: September 13, 2014, 08:28:03 AM »
This was an appropriate use of your one post. It is indeed a disaster. 

Let's get back on track. For everyone else's sake. I surely hope that Mark Miller's feeling is right. I think k Wojo has established the right connections and fostered the right feel for the program that it will be a strong draw for the Ellenson family and their unsigned son. I can only hope that the work put in so far is enough to weather the storm.

The more I look at where recruiting is with the 3 schools and Ellenson, the more confident I am with Marquette landing him.  

tower912

• All American
« Reply #115 on: September 13, 2014, 08:49:33 AM »
Having a different perspective does not make one an adversary.   Choosing to believe anyone who dares disagree with you is an adversary makes them an adversary in your mind.  And only in your mind.   Choosing to then post as if anyone who sees things differently is an adversary who must be defeated and that you can win by posting the same thing 1000 different times........
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

noblewarrior

• Starter
« Reply #116 on: September 13, 2014, 09:04:43 AM »
Nice try Jake and Crew.  It looks like Ners isn't the only one who can't help replying  :(

Izzo's interest and Henry's visit to MSU kinda gives me pause especially with Swanigan looking like he has broadened his suitor list and isn't a #donedeal for MSU.

Enjoying a nice Premier League game on this nice cool September morning  :D

Texas Western

• All American
« Reply #117 on: September 13, 2014, 10:00:37 AM »
Ellenson, Swanigan and Mcquaid all visiting MSU same weekend. spartan Stadium has been upgraded again and they now have a "recruiting center"in the stadium. The place will get pretty loud and fun when the Spartans are romping. I think MSU is our biggest competitor on this recruit.

I think Duane and Nick will have to work hard to help Wojo land Henry :)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #118 on: September 13, 2014, 10:13:58 AM »
One thing that has given me pause in the past couple of days is that MSU let Trevor Manuel commit to Oregon. Manuel is a 4 star PF from East Lansing. From what I have heard, the kid would have sold his left nut to be a Spartan. Izzo was content letting him slip away. Shows to me that Izzo knows exactly who he wants. If Ellenson is still on the list, than he is a priority.

That being said, I am still confident that Henry will be a Warrior.
TAMU

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #119 on: September 13, 2014, 10:15:26 AM »
Ellenson, Swanigan and Mcquaid all visiting MSU same weekend. spartan Stadium has been upgraded again and they now have a "recruiting center"in the stadium. The place will get pretty loud and fun when the Spartans are romping. I think MSU is our biggest competitor on this recruit.

Don't forget Duane's dad, Ike, was also his AAU coach this past summer. I am hoping for the best, but I don't know if it's a Swanigan or Ellenson scenario for MSU as some are portraying. They are totally different players, and dare I say, complement each other. And although I didn't watch every USA-17 game, I recall them being on the floor together frequently.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #120 on: September 13, 2014, 10:21:07 AM »

This is an obstacle we have always failed to overcome...but eventually need to overcome if we ever want to be elite again. We've got to go head to head with the big boys for recruits and overcome some of the natural advantages they have over us.

I think this is the time we do it.
TAMU

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #121 on: September 13, 2014, 10:21:58 AM »

Maybe his brother could help too...
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #122 on: September 13, 2014, 10:27:18 AM »
Having a different perspective does not make one an adversary.   Choosing to believe anyone who dares disagree with you is an adversary makes them an adversary in your mind.  And only in your mind.   Choosing to then post as if anyone who sees things differently is an adversary who must be defeated and that you can win by posting the same thing 1000 different times........

And it's the perspective a 4 year old has, which is why this is all so funny. Makes the same argument over, and over, and over, and over, and over. Can. Not. Lose. Or. Let. Go. His argument is more or less, "Buzz sucked you're wrong." No matter what facts are presented, and when people presents those facts he then turns to, "I used to be able to dunk, played in high school, and 'balled' with the Marquette players at the Rec. I'm right. You don't know anything." This is an "adult" making arguments like this. Kind of sad. My brother who's a freshman at MUHS can argue points more logically than he can. In fact, I'd guess any freshman at MUHS could.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #123 on: September 13, 2014, 10:28:08 AM »
Ellenson will be a Warrior.  Book it.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #124 on: September 13, 2014, 10:34:01 AM »
This is an obstacle we have always failed to overcome...but eventually need to overcome if we ever want to be elite again. We've got to go head to head with the big boys for recruits and overcome some of the natural advantages they have over us.

I think this is the time we do it.

I agree TAMU. Wojo has the pedigree to play in the sand box with the blue bloods. Gotta duke (no pun intended) it out with the elites. Wojo knows the drill very well and of any coach we have had in the last several decades, understands what it takes. If we land Henry then the next one will be a little easier. On the other hand, if he goes elsewhere, no shame is losing out to MSU or UK.