Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 12:00:10 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Banquet by Skatastrophy
[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Luke Fischer transferring from I4  (Read 82819 times)

79Warrior

• All American
Re: Luke Fischer transferring from I4
« Reply #275 on: January 03, 2014, 04:57:38 PM »
That is probably true to some extent, but most shooters cannot get their own shot. Look at Creighton, except for McDermott the others were all shooting wide open threes. I think Jake would shoot well on Creighton, because he would good multiple open looks. He also would shoot well on the current UW team that spreads the floor and has 5 shooters on the floor. Jake is simply in the wrong offense or teamed with players that do not draw defenders away from Jake. Jake is always well covered, because there are no other threats on the team.

The first mistake folks make is calling JT a shooter. He is not.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #276 on: January 03, 2014, 05:11:07 PM »
The first mistake folks make is calling JT a shooter. He is not.

Yeah, he's only shooting 40% from 3 point range. Awful.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

brandx

« Reply #277 on: January 03, 2014, 05:38:15 PM »
Those are not mediocre players. Dekker is a future pro. They beat out Ohio State for Nigel. Koenig would be a welcome addition on almost any team. Gasser is a very good player. Kaminsky has a lot of talent. They also have all the pieces, so they work well together. We are missing some pieces.

And everyone on the floor is an offensive threat whether they are scoring a lot or not. Makes for great spacing and few double-teams.

When the opposing big man (or PG) can't sit in the lane on defense, scoring is a lot easier to come by.

hoops12

• Starter
« Reply #278 on: January 03, 2014, 06:48:41 PM »
"Watched the Badgers demolish Northwestern last night.  I like Buzz, but what a tremendous coaching job Bo has done with mediocre players.  He coaches "them up".  They play like one unit."

I am so tired of hearing that Bo does so much with mediocre players. I played for Bo, and he is a terrific coach. Outstanding! However, he wins with very talented kids. I have said this for years. Just because the majority of Bo's players are white, many say he has average athletes or mediocre players. That is totally a bunch of garbage from any angle you look at it. As I put in a previous post, Wisconsin's lineup is more athletic and talented than Marquette's this year.

- Dekker is every bit of athlete that J. Wilson is! He's a much better shooter and passer. He's been fundamentally sound well before he got to UW.
- Jackson is a much better athlete and basketball player than D. Wilson. It is not even close!
- Gasser is a better athlete (even after his knee issues) and a better defender than J. Thomas. Thomas is a shooter, period. Gasser is a player.
- Kaminsky is longer and more athletic than O'Tule. He is also a shooter and can run the court.
- Brust vs. Juan (forward vs. guard) but Brust is a great shooter and is an incredible rebounder for his size. He averages 12ppg, and over 5rpg.

Coming out of high school, Dekker was a (5 star) recruit. Bo does a great job of recruiting to his system. He is a terrific coach and his guys are fundamentally sound. They typically don't beat themselves.

Buzz really got stung by Vander leaving and having both Duane Wilson and Steve Taylor getting hurt. His past three years speak for themselves. We may struggle a little bit this year, but the future is bright with Buzz running the show. 

In summary, Wisconsin has a better team and better talent this year. Marquette is struggling, but has been in most games and if we had someone that could create on the perimeter, we may have a very, very good record. Both programs and coaches are top-tier! We are lucky to have both Bo and Buzz in the state of Wisconsin!

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #279 on: January 03, 2014, 06:53:25 PM »
"Watched the Badgers demolish Northwestern last night.  I like Buzz, but what a tremendous coaching job Bo has done with mediocre players.  He coaches "them up".  They play like one unit."

I am so tired of hearing that Bo does so much with mediocre players. I played for Bo, and he is a terrific coach. Outstanding! However, he wins with very talented kids. I have said this for years. Just because the majority of Bo's players are white, many say he has average athletes or mediocre players. That is totally a bunch of garbage from any angle you look at it. As I put in a previous post, Wisconsin's lineup is more athletic and talented than Marquette's this year.

- Dekker is every bit of athlete that J. Wilson is! He's a much better shooter and passer. He's been fundamentally sound well before he got to UW.
- Jackson is a much better athlete and basketball player than D. Wilson.. It is not even close!
- Gasser is a better athlete (even after his knee issues) and a better defender than J. Thomas. Thomas is a shooter, period. Gasser is a player.
- Kaminsky is longer and more athletic than O'Tule. He is also a shooter and can run the court.
- Brust vs. Juan (forward vs. guard) but Brust is a great shooter and is an incredible rebounder for his size. He averages 12ppg, and over 5rpg.

Coming out of high school, Dekker was a (5 star) recruit. Bo does a great job of recruiting to his system. He is a terrific coach and his guys are fundamentally sound. They typically don't beat themselves.

Buzz really got stung by Vander leaving and having both Duane Wilson and Steve Taylor getting hurt. His past three years speak for themselves. We may struggle a little bit this year, but the future is bright with Buzz running the show. 

In summary, Wisconsin has a better team and better talent this year. Marquette is struggling, but has been in most games and if we had someone that could create on the perimeter, we may have a very, very good record. Both programs and coaches are top-tier! We are lucky to have both Bo and Buzz in the state of Wisconsin!

+1. Great post, Hoops

muhoops1

• All American
« Reply #280 on: January 03, 2014, 07:15:00 PM »

- Jackson is a much better athlete and basketball player than D. Wilson. It is not even close!

Perhaps you played for him at Plattville or in HS.  No self respecting D1 athlete wastes his/her time on a lousy message board.  I'll give you a minute to get off your soap box...
It's message board talk...ANY D1 athlete is a superior athlete to the masses, especially losers like us on a message board.  So you've exposed yourself as a poser.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #281 on: January 03, 2014, 08:07:45 PM »
Perhaps you played for him at Plattville or in HS.  No self respecting D1 athlete wastes his/her time on a lousy message board.  I'll give you a minute to get off your soap box...
It's message board talk...ANY D1 athlete is a superior athlete to the masses, especially losers like us on a message board.  So you've exposed yourself as a poser.

What's wrong with his post?  Everything he said is true in regards to the teams and it was said with tact.  No complaints here.

jjfanec

• Walk-On
« Reply #282 on: January 03, 2014, 08:16:27 PM »

This pretty much spot on except Bo does get guys who were under the radar when he recruited them.  
Kaminsky didnt have any offers from big name schools.  DePaul and Northwestern were the best
Gasser had offers from Arizona State and Maryland but no other schools.  Not a single Big Ten or Big East school offered
Jackson had an offer from Arizona State and no one else.
Brust was a little more sought after and obviously Dekker and Koenig were top end recruits.

Bo recruits to a system but he does recruit more under the radar guys who he can develop.  I do think it is overblown how little talent is on his teams.  There is no doubt Buzz lands higher ranked guys but both do very well with what they have. Although I think Marquette's starting 5 only has 2 top 100 guys in Jamil Wilson and Juan Anderson

MU82

• All American
« Reply #283 on: January 03, 2014, 10:44:31 PM »
Perhaps you played for him at Plattville or in HS.  No self respecting D1 athlete wastes his/her time on a lousy message board.  I'll give you a minute to get off your soap box...
It's message board talk...ANY D1 athlete is a superior athlete to the masses, especially losers like us on a message board.  So you've exposed yourself as a poser.

What a whiny, jealous post.

I thought hoops12's comment was great. I don't know where he played for Bo, but what if it was at Platteville or in high school? How would that invalidate the many insightful comments he made?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #284 on: January 04, 2014, 08:04:40 AM »
Basketball Dozen is basically correct. Lookin' at this year's squad, as presently constructed, I see very little major D-1 talent. So, to be successful, their defense has to be razor sharp for 40 minutes. It just isn't.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #285 on: January 04, 2014, 10:05:52 AM »

Ahh, the value of a Jesuit education allowing me to identify the ad hominen logical fallacy.  Since you've exposed hoops12 as a "poser", I'm sure that you will have very little trouble demolishing the actual points he made.  We're waiting.....
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #286 on: January 04, 2014, 10:25:08 AM »
You're clueless if you don't think all kinds of people — D1 athletes included — read and post to the boards. I hate this board when it attacks a guy's sources, credentials and stories. Either believe him, or don't. This post in particular was dead on. Bo knows how to coach and he isn't recruiting slow, lower-rated traditionals. Aside from Jackson (who plays an un-Bo game) he has a team that is so fundamentally sound it's sick. They don't make many mistakes and they can shoot. Sure, they will go down on a poor shooting night, but they are so solid and disciplined, they will always be in the game.  They are basically the inverse of us. BTW, I'm still laughing at the guy who said Brust v. Jake is a toss-up.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #287 on: January 04, 2014, 10:32:14 AM »
Yeah, he's only shooting 40% from 3 point range. Awful.

What happens when you toss out the ASU game?

jjfanec

• Walk-On
« Reply #288 on: January 04, 2014, 10:35:14 AM »
You're clueless if you don't think all kinds of people — D1 athletes included — read and post to the boards. I hate this board when it attacks a guy's sources, credentials and stories. Either believe him, or don't. This post in particular was dead on. Bo knows how to coach and he isn't recruiting slow, lower-rated traditionals. Aside from Jackson (who plays an un-Bo game) he has a team that is so fundamentally sound it's sick. They don't make many mistakes and they can shoot. Sure, they will go down on a poor shooting night, but they are so solid and disciplined, they will always be in the game.  They are basically the inverse of us. BTW, I'm still laughing at the guy who said Brust v. Jake is a toss-up.

I dont even think Jake Thomas' own parents would pick him over Brust.  I am pretty sure Thomas and Brust were matched up in the game this year.  Thomas had 0 points and 5 fouls.  Brust had 13 points and 0 fouls.  Both had 2 rebounds.  Yeah that is a toss up

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #289 on: January 04, 2014, 10:55:56 AM »
Why would you toss out the ASU game?  It counted just like all the others.  Probably just so you can prove your petty point?

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #290 on: January 04, 2014, 11:30:25 AM »

The key difference between them is ball handling.  Jake is a below average ball handler. 

I assure you, if we had Brust and they had Jake, the whole board would be saying that Brust isn't even a mid-major player and shouldn't be getting off the bench.  Meanwhile Jake would be putting up 12 a game and shooting in the mid 40's for 3.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #291 on: January 04, 2014, 12:26:33 PM »
Hoops played for him at Platteville and his father was an all time great at MU...

You are the poser.....

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #292 on: January 04, 2014, 04:27:16 PM »

What happens when you take away every game but the ASU game?

What's the point?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

goldeneagle91114

• All American
« Reply #293 on: January 04, 2014, 05:08:29 PM »
Any update on Fischer? Has he listed any schools he is going to consider?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #294 on: January 04, 2014, 05:20:02 PM »
Anyone see him at today's game?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American
« Reply #295 on: January 04, 2014, 05:22:29 PM »
Any update on Fischer? Has he listed any schools he is going to consider?

Nope, no news the past few days.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #296 on: January 04, 2014, 05:30:15 PM »
Why would you toss out the ASU game?  It counted just like all the others.  Probably just so you can prove your petty point?

I have no idea of the specifics of this case but if the ASU game can be proven to be a statistical outlier then it could be relevant to discount that data point.

Death on call

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #297 on: January 04, 2014, 05:37:23 PM »
Hoops played for him at Platteville and his father was an all time great at MU...

You are the poser.....

Murf's kid played at Platteville for Bo Ryan??

Death on call

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #298 on: January 04, 2014, 05:48:50 PM »
Was looking behind MU bench  - did not see him, just saw an uninterested JJJ...

Anyone see him at today's game?

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #299 on: January 04, 2014, 05:51:26 PM »
So you've exposed yourself as a poser.

Which is better than what you've exposed yourself as.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.