Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 12:10:57 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Luke Fischer transferring from I4  (Read 82327 times)

forgetful

• All American
Re: Luke Fischer transferring from I4
« Reply #300 on: January 04, 2014, 05:52:19 PM »
I have no idea of the specifics of this case but if the ASU game can be proven to be a statistical outlier then it could be relevant to discount that data point.

Except the ASU game is not a statistical outlier performance wise.  It may be a statistical outlier for shot attempts, but his percentages for 2 pt and 3pts in that game were damn near his average.

The only game that is likely a statistical outlier is OSU (0-7)...but excluding that one wouldn't have helped his argument.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #301 on: January 04, 2014, 05:55:18 PM »
Except the ASU game is not a statistical outlier performance wise.  It may be a statistical outlier for shot attempts, but his percentages for 2 pt and 3pts in that game were damn near his average.

The only game that is likely a statistical outlier is OSU (0-7)...but excluding that one wouldn't have helped his argument.

Thanks. Like I said, though, I had no idea of the specifics. I was only pointing out that it is proper to eliminate genuine aberrations from a statistical sample.

Death on call

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #302 on: January 04, 2014, 07:57:21 PM »
Perhaps you played for him at Plattville or in HS.  No self respecting D1 athlete wastes his/her time on a lousy message board.  I'll give you a minute to get off your soap box...
It's message board talk...ANY D1 athlete is a superior athlete to the masses, especially losers like us on a message board.  So you've exposed yourself as a poser.
You are right about one thing, you are a loser.

Great post by Hoops. He's dead right.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #303 on: January 04, 2014, 08:07:05 PM »
Thanks. Like I said, though, I had no idea of the specifics. I was only pointing out that it is proper to eliminate genuine aberrations from a statistical sample.

Sorry if you perceived any ill-tone in the post...didn't mean it that way.  I actually looked it up, because like you didn't know and it would be fair (as you note) to remove a statistical anomaly. 

Happy New Year Keefe.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #304 on: January 04, 2014, 08:09:03 PM »
Sorry if you perceived any ill-tone in the post...didn't mean it that way.  I actually looked it up, because like you didn't know and it would be fair (as you note) to remove a statistical anomaly. 

Happy New Year Keefe.

so if we are to remove the anomalies, does that mean we remove OSU stats? Now where is jake sitting?

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #305 on: January 05, 2014, 01:59:26 AM »

Happy New Year Keefe.

Sorry if you sensed an edge as that wasn't the intent in any way. I have run enough regressions over the years to test a number of hypotheses and as weird as it may sound I always liked the investigative process. We actually used statistical modeling taken from the arbitrage pricing theory world to predict IED activity in '07 Iraq based on a range of variable combinations. GE Capital has great computing infrastructure but it is nothing compared to having a Cray at your disposal. GE's Sopwith Camel is an aircraft in the same way DoD's Cray is an F 22.

Best wishes for the New Year!

Death on call

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #306 on: January 05, 2014, 07:52:44 AM »
"Watched the Badgers demolish Northwestern last night.  I like Buzz, but what a tremendous coaching job Bo has done with mediocre players.  He coaches "them up".  They play like one unit."

I am so tired of hearing that Bo does so much with mediocre players. I played for Bo, and he is a terrific coach. Outstanding! However, he wins with very talented kids. I have said this for years. Just because the majority of Bo's players are white, many say he has average athletes or mediocre players. That is totally a bunch of garbage from any angle you look at it. As I put in a previous post, Wisconsin's lineup is more athletic and talented than Marquette's this year.

- Dekker is every bit of athlete that J. Wilson is! He's a much better shooter and passer. He's been fundamentally sound well before he got to UW.
- Jackson is a much better athlete and basketball player than D. Wilson. It is not even close!
- Gasser is a better athlete (even after his knee issues) and a better defender than J. Thomas. Thomas is a shooter, period. Gasser is a player.
- Kaminsky is longer and more athletic than O'Tule. He is also a shooter and can run the court.
- Brust vs. Juan (forward vs. guard) but Brust is a great shooter and is an incredible rebounder for his size. He averages 12ppg, and over 5rpg.

Coming out of high school, Dekker was a (5 star) recruit. Bo does a great job of recruiting to his system. He is a terrific coach and his guys are fundamentally sound. They typically don't beat themselves.

Buzz really got stung by Vander leaving and having both Duane Wilson and Steve Taylor getting hurt. His past three years speak for themselves. We may struggle a little bit this year, but the future is bright with Buzz running the show. 

In summary, Wisconsin has a better team and better talent this year. Marquette is struggling, but has been in most games and if we had someone that could create on the perimeter, we may have a very, very good record. Both programs and coaches are top-tier! We are lucky to have both Bo and Buzz in the state of Wisconsin!

Excellent perspective.  Bo recruits very well to his system... But actually, so does Buzz.  It's a different system and he gets less credit for its uniqueness but it also works.  Wisconsin is very fortunate to have two good programs.
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #307 on: January 05, 2014, 11:47:02 PM »
Wisconsin is very fortunate to have two good programs.

Well, this year that is Wisconsin and UWGB?

Death on call

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #308 on: January 05, 2014, 11:50:38 PM »
Excellent perspective.  Bo recruits very well to his system... But actually, so does Buzz.  It's a different system and he gets less credit for its uniqueness but it also works.  Wisconsin is very fortunate to have two good programs.

Bo gets more credit because he makes it work with traditionals which makes it look unique.

Also, doesn't Bucky start 5 traditionals?  When was the last time a top five program started 5 traditionals?  1963?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 11:52:30 PM by Heisenberg »

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #309 on: January 06, 2014, 12:12:58 AM »
Also, doesn't Bucky start 5 traditionals?  When was the last time a top five program started 5 traditionals?  1963?

Traevon Jackson

Death on call

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #310 on: April 02, 2014, 01:45:13 AM »
I was glad to hear Luke say it for himself and squash some other really dumb rumors out there from a few months ago.

"I couldn't be happier," Fischer said. "I think he's the perfect fit. Obviously he comes from one of the greatest programs in college basketball and one of the greatest coaches (Mike Krzyzewski) who has ever coached. I'm looking forward to working with him.

"I was always going to stay here. The reason I came here was to be closer to home. I can't see myself going anywhere else."

Fischer said the hiring as reenergized the players.

"I think so," he said. "For the past how many days it's been since Coach Williams left things have been a little low, but with Coach Wojo here I think things are going to go back up to where they were."

feedback