[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by MurphysTillClose
[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Futbol Talk  (Read 787959 times)

JWags85

• All American
Re: Futbol Talk
« Reply #3225 on: January 21, 2021, 02:04:02 PM »
Ronaldo scores his 760th goal yesterday, across all competitions.  Incredible achievement.  Deemed a world record, immediately disputed by the Czech FA due to a claim that Josef Bican scored 821 “official” goals in his career.  Besides the fact that any claims on goal records all scored before 1950 are a bit dodgy due to the quality and level of competition, nearly half those goals were scored as he played through WWII when most top players were fighting in the war.  Scoring 7 times in a 10-1 win during wartime is a nice way to pat your stats  ;D

Regardless, the fact that there it’s very likely Ronaldo breaks that record as he plays till 38-39, save for injury, given his insane fitness.  Truly remarkable given he spent all but a single season of his career playing for monster clubs at the highest level and was often a one man show for Portugal internationally

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #3226 on: January 21, 2021, 03:53:00 PM »
First home loss in the Premier League in almost 4 years for Liverpool, and it comes against Burnley of all teams.  Also only 1 goal in the last 5 games, that's gotta turn around very quickly if they're gonna mount a serious title defense.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #3227 on: January 21, 2021, 06:24:24 PM »
First home loss in the Premier League in almost 4 years for Liverpool, and it comes against Burnley of all teams.  Also only 1 goal in the last 5 games, that's gotta turn around very quickly if they're gonna mount a serious title defense.

I know there have been injuries but they are just SHOCKINGLY anemic offensively. I’m gonna give him the benefit of the doubt as he’s just recently returned to fitness, but Thiago has been very underwhelming. And I’ll admit I wasn’t the biggest fan of the signing, but Jota surpassed all my expectations and they BADLY miss him at this point.

They need help on the wing somehow. Forget title defense, missing out on top 4 is a very real worry.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #3228 on: January 21, 2021, 06:52:16 PM »
Is Jurgen wearing on the team?  Similar thing happened at Dortmund.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #3229 on: January 21, 2021, 09:12:49 PM »
Is Jurgen wearing on the team?  Similar thing happened at Dortmund.

I don’t know if I’d go that far, they’ve really been snake bitten by injuries, couple that with some guys out of form, and it can snowball. Love Firmino, but he’s not been good. Salah has been pretty subpar, which isn’t great when you factor in all the media drama. VVD is kind of the squad’s overall leader, so that certainly doesn’t help. And Fabinho has proven to be a very capable center back, but they really miss him bossing the midfield.

They just look uninspired, which is odd for them

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #3230 on: January 22, 2021, 08:40:50 AM »
It's a mix of things. The CB injuries are tough, especially when Matip can't stay fit for more than a week or two at a time. Thiago missed three months. Jota will probably miss that much time as well.

And I know every club is dealing with it, but no fans is a blow. Their style feeds off that energy and emotion.

This reminds me more of City last season than Klopp's last season at Dortmund.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #3231 on: January 22, 2021, 08:42:48 AM »
I don’t know if I’d go that far, they’ve really been snake bitten by injuries, couple that with some guys out of form, and it can snowball. Love Firmino, but he’s not been good. Salah has been pretty subpar, which isn’t great when you factor in all the media drama. VVD is kind of the squad’s overall leader, so that certainly doesn’t help. And Fabinho has proven to be a very capable center back, but they really miss him bossing the midfield.

They just look uninspired, which is odd for them

It's a mix of things. The CB injuries are tough, especially when Matip can't stay fit for more than a week or two at a time. Thiago missed three months. Jota will probably miss that much time as well.

And I know every club is dealing with it, but no fans is a blow. Their style feeds off that energy and emotion.

This reminds me more of City last season than Klopp's last season at Dortmund.

Thanks to you both.  Makes sense. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #3232 on: January 22, 2021, 01:34:33 PM »
Sunday “prime time” morning matchup between two of the top 3 team in the PL, two of the most historic clubs in all of English football...and NBC puts it on Peacock. Absolute twats.  Wouldn’t be shocked to see all PL games solely on Peacock by next season...as ESPN does an excellent job with Serie A and Bundesliga coverage and streaming

I was speaking out of frustration, but man this was quick

https://twitter.com/ourand_sbj/status/1352700248800579588?s=21

The PL had such incredible momentum in the US and this is going to kill it dead

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #3233 on: January 22, 2021, 01:36:48 PM »
I was speaking out of frustration, but man this was quick

https://twitter.com/ourand_sbj/status/1352700248800579588?s=21

The PL had such incredible momentum in the US and this is going to kill it dead

Maybe they'll just move the coverage to USA?

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #3234 on: January 22, 2021, 02:34:08 PM »
Reading a big more on this, NBCSN was (a distant) second behind ESPN in the dedicated sports channels.  Ahead of FS1.  What's worrisome about this is if NBC doesn't see a future in their network, will Fox?

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #3235 on: January 22, 2021, 02:40:17 PM »
Reading a big more on this, NBCSN was (a distant) second behind ESPN in the dedicated sports channels.  Ahead of FS1.  What's worrisome about this is if NBC doesn't see a future in their network, will Fox?

At first blush, it feels like FS1 has more properties. Especially with BTN being lumped in. Between college football and basketball and some soccer. NBCSN had PL, some NHL, the Olympics, and maybe an occasional CFB game? Maybe their racing coverage gets eyeballs? I can’t imagine rugby on the weekend or assorted minor sports do

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #3236 on: January 22, 2021, 03:39:31 PM »
https://twitter.com/kevinmdraper/status/1352701953571225600?s=19

I'm really interested to see how this works out. Because on the surface I don't know if it makes a ton of sense.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #3237 on: January 22, 2021, 07:29:41 PM »
Big day in Women's Soccer.

NWSL draft is tonight. Trinity Rodman, son of Dennis, was the 2nd overall pick. She played her Freshman season at Washington State. Very speedy, elite finisher, lots of youth National Team experience. She's 18.

Soon to be Stanford graduate, midfielder Catarina "Cat" Marcario, was declared eligible by FIFA to play for the U.S. Women's National Team. Superstar midfielder from San Diego (Surf) moved to the U.S. at 12 from Brazil in search of the American Dream with her family. She became a U.S. citizen this past October.

Marcario is a two time Missouri Athletic Club/Hermann Trophy winner as a midfielder at Stanford. And she was a two time National Champion. She is one of the best Women's college players in recent memory. She decided to forgo her final season at Stanford, and decided to sign with European Champion, Olympique Lyonnais.

3 minutes into her 2nd game, and first career start...get...in...Cat.

https://twitter.com/USWNT/status/1352772097303568384?s=19

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #3238 on: January 23, 2021, 03:12:57 PM »
Josh Sargent with a top class goal for Werder Bremen.

https://twitter.com/rogbennett/status/1353064099899301888?s=19

(Tyler Adams also scoring in the Bundesliga today.)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 03:15:16 PM by shoothoops »

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #3239 on: February 03, 2021, 09:36:55 AM »
Daryl Dike was loaned from Orlando City to Barnsley, and, he will be eligible for Saturday's game v Derby County. Barnsley also plays Chelsea in the 5th round of F.A. Cup next week.

I liked his play out of  U of Virginia, strong debut MLS effort with 8 goals in 17 games.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 10:43:19 AM by shoothoops »

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #3240 on: February 03, 2021, 10:23:33 AM »
Really hope some of these MLS guys impress during these loan spells and stay on.  Championship football is an excellent level to grow and progress and a step up from MLS.  Doesn’t have to be EPL or bust

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #3241 on: February 03, 2021, 10:42:07 AM »
It's a good opportunity for Dike. Well earned. It also doesn't have to be Europe or bust. I support the game at all levels, Men and Women. That includes MLS, NWSL, College, youth, prep, team, individual etc...

Some college teams opening their Spring Seasons today.

Too Drawer Spring Rankings:

http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/college-soccer-national-rankings/women

http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/college-soccer-national-rankings/men

« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 11:17:15 AM by shoothoops »

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #3242 on: February 03, 2021, 04:27:48 PM »
Brighton over Liverpool today. Shocker!  BHA now in good form and has probably done enough to save themselves from relegation as they are 10 points up on Fulham. Sheffield United have won three of five, could they be finding form to climb out of the relegation zone and pass Burnley or Newcastle?  They have three matches against Burnley, Fulham, and Newcastle that are certainly winnable, as well as matches against Southhampton, Leeds, and Brighton. That would be one of the great escapes in history.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 04:30:03 PM by Billy Hoyle »
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #3243 on: February 03, 2021, 05:56:40 PM »
Brighton is good enough to stay up. I think Burnley is too.

Four teams fighting for one spot with Newcastle obviously having a big head start.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #3244 on: February 04, 2021, 04:39:43 PM »
Jose survive the season at Spurs?

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #3245 on: February 04, 2021, 07:39:32 PM »
Jose survive the season at Spurs?

He will.

But I don't know how they solve the problems with the current roster.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #3246 on: February 04, 2021, 08:09:40 PM »
He will.

But I don't know how they solve the problems with the current roster.

They’ll sell Kane after this season.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #3247 on: February 04, 2021, 08:56:59 PM »

And that will improve the team how?

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #3248 on: February 04, 2021, 09:29:20 PM »

Not a chance.  The market will still be depressed due to no fans.  Levy wont sell for less than record setting money.

2022, i could agree with that.

#unleashDele

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #3249 on: February 07, 2021, 12:36:24 PM »
Harry Kane is good.

feedback