[April 26, 2024, 10:00:30 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Who's got a good joke I can use tonight  (Read 59287 times)

JWags85

• All American
Re: Who's got a good joke I can use tonight
« Reply #175 on: July 12, 2022, 12:34:07 PM »
It would be funny if he wasn't polling at 46%

I don't know if there is a more representative picture of the absurdity of American politics recently than Georgia.

It used to be fairly normal.  You go back 20ish years and you have Zell Miller as a governor/senator who was extremely down the middle and bipartisan.  Then you look at this seat, where Isakson used to be, for a Republican he was moderately balanced. 

He get sick, steps down and you get Loeffler who stunk, Warnock who was just a guy with a D next to his name, and now he's vulnerable to a complete buffon who decided getting bashed in the head playing football wasn't enough so he decided to dabble in MMA after the NFL and whose most prominent post-football accomplishment is lying about his business endeavors

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #176 on: July 12, 2022, 12:38:54 PM »
"Since we don't control the air, our good air decided to float over to China's bad air. So when China gets our good air, their bad air got to move. So it moves over to our good air space. Then -- now we got we to clean that back up."
- Herschel Walker
FFS.  What you posted isn't even a joke.  Instead it looks like someone's trying to change the title of the thread to:

Who's got a good thread we can turn political?

HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #177 on: July 12, 2022, 12:44:35 PM »
FFS.  What you posted isn't even a joke.  Instead it looks like someone's trying to change the title of the thread to:

Who's got a good thread we can turn political?

Not even close, how many political posts do I make here?

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #178 on: July 12, 2022, 12:47:19 PM »
What's the best thing about Switzerland? Well, the flag is a big plus.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #179 on: July 12, 2022, 01:32:19 PM »
I was watching Bluey with my niece the other day (which is an incredibly written show BTW, so many great adult jokes woven in with a cute kid's show).  One scene had just a perfect joke line...

"Thats what happens when you're unhappy with what you've got...somebody's husband ends up hurt"

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #180 on: July 12, 2022, 02:08:38 PM »
Not even close, how many political posts do I make here?
  Ooh, call on me Alex.  What is, at least one?

5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #181 on: July 12, 2022, 03:34:53 PM »
Old TV show:

On Cheers, the customers were enjoying watching the swimsuit competition part of the Miss America contest on the TV while Diane ranted about how sexist the swimsuit contest was. Woody, the Indiana farm boy turned bartender, is washing glasses when Norm says "Hey Woody. Miss Indiana!" Woody smiles and replies, "Oh, I did at first Mr. Peterson, but Boston's my home now."
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #182 on: July 12, 2022, 03:36:12 PM »
  Ooh, call on me Alex.  What is, at least one?

Wow. Triggered a bit easily?

Man up.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #183 on: July 12, 2022, 03:50:08 PM »
Did you hear the one about gaslighting?
<No>
Yes, you did.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #184 on: July 12, 2022, 04:11:37 PM »
Old TV show:

On Cheers, the customers were enjoying watching the swimsuit competition part of the Miss America contest on the TV while Diane ranted about how sexist the swimsuit contest was. Woody, the Indiana farm boy turned bartender, is washing glasses when Norm says "Hey Woody. Miss Indiana!" Woody smiles and replies, "Oh, I did at first Mr. Peterson, but Boston's my home now."

My parents used to live in Indy and their best friends back then went to Hanover College with Woody.  They said while he wasn't a moron, personality wise, he wasn't doing too much acting on Cheers

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #185 on: July 12, 2022, 04:20:40 PM »
My parents used to live in Indy and their best friends back then went to Hanover College with Woody.  They said while he wasn't a moron, personality wise, he wasn't doing too much acting on Cheers

I've heard that before! Another classic line from a TV show is Danny on Bluebloods. He tried to get a defense attorney to help him out a little on a case and the attorney refused. Danny stormed off and blurted to his partner "He went to the same law school my sister went to. Ball Buster U.!"
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #186 on: July 12, 2022, 04:58:38 PM »

I loved the video where Woody realized -- mid-interview -- that Liam and Chris Hemsworth were brothers.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #187 on: July 12, 2022, 06:46:06 PM »
I don't know if there is a more representative picture of the absurdity of American politics recently than Georgia.

It used to be fairly normal.  You go back 20ish years and you have Zell Miller as a governor/senator who was extremely down the middle and bipartisan.  Then you look at this seat, where Isakson used to be, for a Republican he was moderately balanced. 

He get sick, steps down and you get Loeffler who stunk, Warnock who was just a guy with a D next to his name, and now he's vulnerable to a complete buffon who decided getting bashed in the head playing football wasn't enough so he decided to dabble in MMA after the NFL and whose most prominent post-football accomplishment is lying about his business endeavors

still better than a guy who showered with his daughter and calls his drug addict son the smartest guy he knows, but never talks to him about his CCP endeavors.  not to mention he doesn't know when to sit, where to sit and how to read...
don't...don't don't don't don't

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #188 on: July 12, 2022, 08:04:33 PM »
   still better than a guy who showered with his daughter and calls his drug addict son the smartest guy he knows, but never talks to him about his CCP endeavors.  not to mention he doesn't know when to sit, where to sit and how to read...

3 of 10
« Last Edit: July 12, 2022, 08:10:55 PM by Uncle Rico »
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #189 on: July 12, 2022, 08:14:17 PM »
3 of 10

Apparently our resident snowflake is not bothered at all by roqqet’s mindless ranting.

Comment on Lighthouse. I thought these post triggered you.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #190 on: July 12, 2022, 08:43:08 PM »
Apparently our resident snowflake is not bothered at all by roqqet’s mindless ranting.

Comment on Lighthouse. I thought these post triggered you.
I’ll be happy to comment and it’s the same as it was about the last one. Why does an innocent thread about a good joke to use have to turn into political BS? Some people can’t help themselves. Just like you can’t help but be a colossal a$$wipe.

5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #191 on: July 12, 2022, 09:23:20 PM »
Oh, pot.  The things you say about kettle.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #192 on: July 12, 2022, 10:24:18 PM »
So, a Hillbilly and his 13 year old daughter walk into town one day to visit the local doctor:

Hillbilly: Doc, I'd like you to give my daughter
              some of them there pills so she don't
              get pregnant?

Doctor: Is your daughter sexually active?

Hillbilly: Nah, she pretty much just lays there
              like her ma.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #193 on: July 13, 2022, 12:23:54 PM »

Find a hobby.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #194 on: July 13, 2022, 01:41:51 PM »
Old TV show:

Sam:  That guy didn't pass muster.

Woody:  Maybe he couldn't reach it.
Have some patience, FFS.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #195 on: July 13, 2022, 02:20:27 PM »

I actually have been surprised at how good an actor Harrelson has become.

He was great in True Detective, really good in Three Billboards, an outstanding villain in the 807th Planet of the Apes remake, etc.

He's not gonna make anybody forget Hanks or Crowe, but he's done A-OK for a guy who I at first thought couldn't act his way out of a paper bag on Cheers.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #196 on: July 13, 2022, 02:33:52 PM »

He was great in True Detective, really good in Three Billboards, an outstanding villain in the 807th Planet of the Apes remake, etc.

He's not gonna make anybody forget Hanks or Crowe, but he's done A-OK for a guy who I at first thought couldn't act his way out of a paper bag on Cheers.

Guy has 3 oscar noms among his many many great roles.

Woody can definitely act.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #197 on: July 13, 2022, 02:46:14 PM »
Guy has 3 oscar noms among his many many great roles.

Woody can definitely act.
5 Emmy Nominations too. And some MTV Awards for best kiss.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #198 on: July 13, 2022, 03:38:21 PM »

Back in the late 80s I lived down the street from Woody. His roommate used to sell round beach towels in Venice Beach. (Round so you wouldn’t have to move them as the sun moved, genius, I know. Can’t believe they didn’t catch on!)
The couple times I ran into him, he seemed genuinely nice. His roommate at the time was what you would expect from a guy selling round beach towels.

Jables1604

• Team Captain
« Reply #199 on: July 13, 2022, 07:54:34 PM »

He had a phenomenal cameo in the most recent season of Curb Your Enthusiasm. You can tell he doesn’t take himself too seriously.

feedback