[Today at 02:08:01 PM]

2024-25 Outlook by GoldenEagles03
[Today at 01:48:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Stretchdeltsig
[Today at 01:25:17 PM]

Marquette transfers, this millennium by tower912
[April 29, 2024, 08:11:30 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Favre talking to Vikings...here we go again  (Read 70108 times)

StillAWarrior

• All American
Re: Favre talking to Vikings...here we go again
« Reply #250 on: August 18, 2009, 03:45:30 PM »
The guy is a complete media whore and he deserves to be booed.  I'll just do it for all those fans (of other teams) that won't be able to do it in person.

Please do.  And thank you.

I'm not a Packers fan, but I used to really like Favre.  I can't stand him any more and wish the media would quit reporting this crap so he would just go away.  Unfortunately, according to Mike & Mike, ESPN's numbers show that ratings are up whenever they talk about him, even if everyone listening/watching insists they're sick of hearing about him.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #251 on: August 18, 2009, 03:47:38 PM »
From Peter King's column today:

"Childress has looked like a desperate man throughout this melodrama. He made it known internally that Favre had to do at least some work in the offseason program or the veteran mini-camp to be considered. Favre never showed. Then he had to come by the start of camp. Favre didn't come, opting for his third false retirement in 17 months. Now the Vikings let him come back after the team has gone through training camp. Favre's the wishy-washiest player in memory -- and the Vikings are his enablers. It's ridiculous."

I sense some bitterness, in this article, that Peter King wasn't able break the story.  DAMN YOU FOX SPORTS!
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

LON

• All American
« Reply #252 on: August 18, 2009, 03:49:02 PM »
Please do.  And thank you.

I'm not a Packers fan, but I used to really like Favre.  I can't stand him any more and wish the media would quit reporting this crap so he would just go away.  Unfortunately, according to Mike & Mike, ESPN's numbers show that ratings are up whenever they talk about him, even if everyone listening/watching insists they're sick of hearing about him.

That's because he's just having so much fun out there!  Look at him smile!  Look at the way he plays the game like a kid [or an idiot].  Look at that, Britt Farr just farted in the huddle!  He makes it easier for younger guys to relax!

LON

• All American
« Reply #253 on: August 18, 2009, 03:49:56 PM »

I sense some bitterness, in this article, that Peter King wasn't able break the story.  DAMN YOU FOX SPORTS!

Cue to shot of Jay Glazer, puffing on a cigar.

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #254 on: August 18, 2009, 03:58:23 PM »
Or Wade Boggs going in as a Devil Ray.....oh wait he did.

think again, Boggs is a red sock on his HOF plaque

On the issue:
Favre can do whatever he wants to.  If he still feels he can play, go ahead.  He's come off looking as a douche throughout this entire process but nobody will remember this in 10 years.  I won't cheer him when he comes to GB as a Viking, but I won't boo him either.  I will definitely cheer him though when he goes in the HOF as a Packer.  Honestly, I don't believe Favre really makes the Vikings a much better team at all.  He might still have the talent to win them a few games, but he most certainly will also cost them a few games when he tries to do too much (almost inevitable in at least one of the games against the Packers).  In addition, he's going on 40 years old; to expect him to be healthy for all 16 games is a lot.

"Bingo.  He's never valued the ball and that's always been my issue with him.  Turnovers are a killer in the NFL."

What??  Yes, he threw a lot of interceptions but the last time I checked he also threw a lot of tds as well.  The name of the game in the NFL is winning and #4 did that more times than any other qb in the history of the league, even though Chicos had issues with him.  Haha, what a joke.

LON

• All American
« Reply #255 on: August 18, 2009, 04:04:05 PM »

2008 Favre with Jets: 9-7 record, 81.0 rating, 22 TD, 22* INT

2008 Vikings quarterbacks: 10-6 record, 81.5 rating, 22 TD, 17 INT
*=NFL leader

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #256 on: August 18, 2009, 04:05:24 PM »
think again, Boggs is a red sock on his HOF plaque

I guess I should have used teal.  The Devil Rays offered him cash to go in as a devil ray and he was going to take it until MLB overruled it.

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #257 on: August 18, 2009, 04:50:25 PM »
I guess I should have used teal.  The Devil Rays offered him cash to go in as a devil ray and he was going to take it until MLB overruled it.

haha, I had kinda forgot about that little conspiracy

g0lden3agle

• All American
« Reply #258 on: August 18, 2009, 05:50:41 PM »
2008 Favre with Jets: 9-7 record, 81.0 rating, 22 TD, 22* INT

2008 Vikings quarterbacks: 10-6 record, 81.5 rating, 22 TD, 17 INT
*=NFL leader

Vikings roster > Jets roster

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #259 on: August 18, 2009, 07:48:54 PM »
Cue to shot of Jay Glazer, puffing on a cigar.

Say what you will about Glazer, but the guy knows his sh!t. Dude's been right about the Favre situation since he announced his retirement way back in 2008.

As for Favre himself, if he wants to play, he should play (especially if he can get $12M for it). But I'm with Lance on this one: Packers >>>>> Favre. Can't wait to see his purple-wearing @ss get planted all over Lambeau.

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #260 on: August 18, 2009, 08:59:20 PM »
lots of shirts available... funny one like this:

http://jerkassclothing.com/shirtpage/brett_favre_viqueens.php?ref=

interesting this site has a warrior shirt on it too.
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

bucksandy34

• Walk-On
« Reply #261 on: August 18, 2009, 10:20:15 PM »
So when Favre goes to the HOF, you hope he doesn't enter in as a packer? 

Will he go in as a member of any team? I thought that was only the Baseball HOF. Football doesn't have a plaque with your hat on it so I think players are not in as a member of any team.

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #262 on: August 18, 2009, 10:56:34 PM »
Will he go in as a member of any team? I thought that was only the Baseball HOF. Football doesn't have a plaque with your hat on it so I think players are not in as a member of any team.

The Bears and Packers have their own spaces in the HOF.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 11:02:30 PM by SaintPaulWarrior »

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #263 on: August 19, 2009, 08:10:27 AM »
vikings=chilly
chilly=laughingstock

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #264 on: August 19, 2009, 09:58:38 AM »
vikings=chilly
chilly=laughingstock

Vikings = Defending NFC North Champions
Vikings = Playing February 7, 2010
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #265 on: August 19, 2009, 10:21:34 AM »
Vikings = Defending NFC North Champions

The Vikings aren't going to the Super Bowl.  Childress is a terrible coach.  Yes they won the NFC North, but I think Chicago is vastly improved and the Packers will be better.  Even if they manage to win the division, they are no where near the Eagles caliber.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #266 on: August 19, 2009, 10:24:12 AM »

Playing what? Golf?

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #267 on: August 19, 2009, 10:29:19 AM »

Even if they manage to win the division, they are no where near the Eagles caliber.

Nor the Giants. Cowboys may be better as well.

A 10-6, 9-7 record gets you one home playoff game (assuming they win the division). The Vikings will not be in the Super Bowl.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #268 on: August 19, 2009, 10:50:14 AM »
And if the Vikings have to go on the road to a cold climate like the Meadowlands in January, Favre will be a liability then.  He's 40, the cold doesn't feel the same way it does after 18 years of hits.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

LON

• All American
« Reply #269 on: August 19, 2009, 11:18:55 AM »
And if the Vikings have to go on the road to a cold climate like the Meadowlands in January, Favre will be a liability then.  He's 40, the cold doesn't feel the same way it does after 18 years of hits.

Heck, the way he played in the cold at Lambeau his last few years as a Packer he was a liability.

I wouldn't trust his arm/body on Week 15 at CAR, not to mention Week 16 at CHI...

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #270 on: August 19, 2009, 11:26:01 AM »
I wouldn't trust his arm/body on Week 15 at CAR, not to mention Week 16 at CHI...

Yep. They should get off to a great start, before the last 10 games or so when their schedule gets decidedly more difficult, just about the time Favre's age, injury, and lack of off-season conditioning begin to catch up with him. This is a huge mistake for the Vikings.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 11:28:07 AM by NavinRJohnson »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #271 on: August 19, 2009, 12:04:46 PM »

He will not go in as a Green Bay Packer per NFL rules.

The induction ceremony is usually held the first full weekend in August. A community festival is held throughout the week in Canton leading up to the induction ceremonies. Also, the Pro Football Hall of Fame Game, an annual NFL pre-season exhibition game, is held the day after the induction ceremony.

Enshrinees do not go into the Pro Football Hall of Fame as a member of a certain team. Rather, all of an inductee's affiliations are listed equally.[6] While the Baseball Hall of Fame plaques generally depict each of their inductees wearing a particular club's cap (with a few exceptions, such as Catfish Hunter), the bust sculptures of each Pro Football Hall of Fame inductee make no reference to any specific team. In addition to the bust that goes on permanent display at the Hall of Fame, inductees receive a distinctive gold jacket and previous inductees nearly always wear theirs when participating at new inductee ceremonies.

Previous induction ceremonies were held during the day (Sunday from 1999-2005, Saturday in 2006), situated on the steps of the Hall of Fame building. Starting in 2002, the ceremony was moved to Fawcett Stadium, and, beginning in 2007, held Saturday night.[7]

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #272 on: August 19, 2009, 12:15:19 PM »
vikings=chilly
chilly=laughingstock

I don't even know what this means, but based on my logic class...

Vikings=laughingstock?

What happens to the Vikes when the Williams wall finally gets the suspension they deserve?  If it is weeks 1-4, although this portion of the schedule is weaker, it could play a big part in the division race.

That being said, as a Bears fan and someone who wishes Favre would go away, the Vikings(AP, Jared Allen, and even Percy Harvin) still make me very nervous.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 12:18:50 PM by MU_B2002 »
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #273 on: August 19, 2009, 12:31:21 PM »

That being said, as a Bears fan and someone who wishes Favre would go away, the Vikings(AP, Jared Allen, and even Percy Harvin) still make me very nervous.

I agree. Which is why I like the Favre signing (as a Packer fan). His presence will make them worse, not better.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #274 on: August 19, 2009, 01:05:03 PM »
I kid about a Vikings' Superbowl.  I don't care if Jesus himself played on the team.

If there's one thing I've learned about the Vikings as a franchise, growing up in Minnesota, is that they are losers.  It's the same movie every year, usually the same beginning, different middle, but same end: a big fat L.