collapse

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by GoldenEagles03
[Today at 11:54:22 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MuMark
[Today at 10:13:14 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by tower912
[Today at 08:53:54 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[Today at 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[Today at 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[Today at 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Favre talking to Vikings...here we go again  (Read 69867 times)

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
Re: Favre talking to Vikings...here we go again
« Reply #300 on: August 20, 2009, 10:09:29 AM »
I agree, the Lions will improve there win total by 400% this year.  Will be by far the biggest jump in the NFL.

My question is how do you calculate the percent change on this one....

(New-Old)/Old

Stupid divide by zero...
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

reinko

• All American
« Reply #301 on: August 20, 2009, 10:37:53 AM »
Math is for nerds '02.

LON

• All American
« Reply #302 on: August 20, 2009, 10:41:13 AM »
Math is for nerds '02.

NERDS!!!!!!!!!

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #303 on: August 20, 2009, 10:54:37 AM »
^^^ looks like Erin Rodgers.  I was more concerned with the use of "there" instead of "their" than I was with the bad math.

The Vikings players are continuing the complimentary comments this morning.  They absolutely love Favre and are very impressed with the arm and his swagger. 

I've got a bet for any takers: Minnesota wins the NFC North this year.  You pick a different team.  Your team wins, you win the bet.  My team wins, I win the bet. 
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #304 on: August 20, 2009, 11:01:56 AM »
The Vikings players are continuing the complimentary comments this morning.  They absolutely love Favre and are very impressed with the arm and his swagger. 

That's great. No doubt kinda like his early days in New York. If the complimentary comments are ther in Feb/Mar, I'll be interested. There is a clear track record of his ability to poison a locker room. Maybe it won't happen this time, but a few positive comments on August 20th mean nothing.

I admire your optimism (wishful thinking), but history would seem to indicate it is unfounded. They may well win the division, but that was true three days ago too. As I've said, Favre will be a hindrance to any aspirations beyond that.

deep vacuum

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #305 on: August 20, 2009, 11:02:41 AM »
^^^ looks like Erin Rodgers.  I was more concerned with the use of "there" instead of "their" than I was with the bad math.

The Vikings players are continuing the complimentary comments this morning.  They absolutely love Favre and are very impressed with the arm and his swagger.  

I've got a bet for any takers: Minnesota wins the NFC North this year.  You pick a different team.  Your team wins, you win the bet.  My team wins, I win the bet.  

No matter how hot the new girls is, remember that somewhere, someone or perhaps many someones are very glad to be rid of her.  Sometime in late December you will understand what many Packer fans are saying right now.  There is only one QB in the entire division with the capability to remove his team from playoff contention and that QB is Favre.

I see I was beaten to the punch by NRJ.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 11:04:20 AM by deep vacuum »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #306 on: August 20, 2009, 11:04:05 AM »
^^^ looks like Erin Rodgers.  I was more concerned with the use of "there" instead of "their" than I was with the bad math.

The Vikings players are continuing the complimentary comments this morning.  They absolutely love Favre and are very impressed with the arm and his swagger.  

I've got a bet for any takers: Minnesota wins the NFC North this year.  You pick a different team.  Your team wins, you win the bet.  My team wins, I win the bet.
Of course they're complimentary about his arm strength, the 40 year old has a better arm than any quarterback almost all of the current Vikings have ever had on the team.  That says nothing, I have better arm strength than any quarterback they've had before him.  And are they supposed to talk bad about their new quarterback and team leader?  That would make no sense.  You're pretty darn naive if you believe the whole team actually likes the guy and is happy he just decided to skip out on camp before returning.

And of course Favre has swagger, he can do whatever he wants to whenever he wants to in the organization, and he knows it and has already taken advantage of that.  As I said before, Coach Childress says Favre needs to be at mini-camp to be the starting quarterback, and then when Favre decides he doesn't want to be there, Coach Childress is the one who is sent as Vikings bitch to pick him up from the Vikings private jet he took the day mini-camp ended.  Favre's bigger than the whole Viqueens franchise, and the franchise made it so, so of course he has swagger.

I'll bet the Packers take 1st and the Bears take 2nd.  Viqueens hang around until Week 9, and then they would be better to have Sage as the QB, but again, their new QB is bigger than the franchise, so that won't happen.

By the way, I like how you only respond to the most pointless posts, with the most ridiculous responses ever that have no basis.  Again, you have no football knowledge.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 11:06:47 AM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #307 on: August 20, 2009, 11:08:26 AM »
I'll be the Packers take 1st and the Bears take 2nd.  Viqueens hang around until Week 9, and then they would be better to have Sage as the QB, but again, their new QB is bigger than the franchise, so that won't happen.

By the way, I like how you only respond to the most pointless posts, with the most ridiculous responses ever that have no basis.  Again, you have no football knowledge.

$50.  You've got Green Bey, I've got the Vikings.  Deal?  I know you have had troubles paying in the past, but maybe this time you'll come through.  C'mon, guy, take advantage of me not having any football knowledge. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #308 on: August 20, 2009, 11:13:32 AM »
$50.  You've got Green Bey, I've got the Vikings.  Deal?  I know you have had troubles paying in the past, but maybe this time you'll come through.  C'mon, guy, take advantage of me not having any football knowledge.
If you'd tell me who you are and what I owe you for I might pay you, but I can't really do so if I don't know you...

And I will absolutely take that deal.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 11:19:49 AM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #309 on: August 20, 2009, 12:25:26 PM »
I thought you'd go quiet once I accepted your bet, Jay Bee.  If you ever feel like responding to the post, I still accept that bet.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #310 on: August 20, 2009, 12:48:26 PM »
I thought you'd go quiet once I accepted your bet, Jay Bee.  If you ever feel like responding to the post, I still accept that bet.

Young buck, I'm busy making these massive ends.  First off, your initial reply didn't accept the bet.. instead it just (strangely) indicated that you believed it's likely you owe a person(s) money.  You edited the reply and said that you accepted the bet.

The bet is on.  After a few weeks, feel free to offer me a lower dollar amount in exchange for your conceding early (i.e. October 6 rolls around and you want to offer me $34 immediately to end the bet, I may show you some mercy.. but the dollar amount must end in a 4).

Moonboots

• Starter
« Reply #311 on: August 20, 2009, 01:04:34 PM »
  Young buck, I'm busy making these massive ends.  First off, your initial reply didn't accept the bet.. instead it just (strangely) indicated that you believed it's likely you owe a person(s) money.  You edited the reply and said that you accepted the bet.

The bet is on.  After a few weeks, feel free to offer me a lower dollar amount in exchange for your conceding early (i.e. October 6 rolls around and you want to offer me $34 immediately to end the bet, I may show you some mercy.. but the dollar amount must end in a 4).

Because it would be wise to concede the bet by week 4 of an NFL season. Brilliant.  Especially given Favre's track record as the season wears on over the last 4 years.  You never cease to amaze me. 

LON

• All American
« Reply #312 on: August 20, 2009, 01:07:23 PM »

If it wasn't for you actually believing what you write, I'd think you were the funniest poster on this site.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #313 on: August 20, 2009, 02:50:56 PM »
You aren't from Rockford are you?

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #314 on: August 20, 2009, 07:23:21 PM »
That's great. No doubt kinda like his early days in New York. If the complimentary comments are ther in Feb/Mar, I'll be interested. There is a clear track record of his ability to poison a locker room. Maybe it won't happen this time, but a few positive comments on August 20th mean nothing.

I admire your optimism (wishful thinking), but history would seem to indicate it is unfounded. They may well win the division, but that was true three days ago too. As I've said, Favre will be a hindrance to any aspirations beyond that.

It will all come down to winning. When Brett led the pack to the NFC championship game 2 years ago, you didn't hear complaints from his teammates.

When the Jets were winning early last year, you didn't hear complaints. It wasn't until they lost a lot of games at the end of the season that stuff came out.

I'm not saying Brett ISN'T a diva, but if he wins games, none of that teammate will even come up.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #315 on: August 20, 2009, 08:44:06 PM »
I find humor that Jay Bee is soooo confident that the 'Queens are SB bound that he won't take his squad versus the field of the NFC North.

Nonetheless I will gladly bet an  additional $20 spot that the Pack will take the division. 

Jay Bee has already paid me once, so I look forward to buying another 30 rack of Miller Lite with my winnings come early January 2010.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #316 on: August 20, 2009, 08:50:28 PM »

I'm not saying Brett ISN'T a diva, but if he wins games, none of that teammate will even come up.

Maybe not right away, but those same Packers he won (and lost) with, had plenty to say once he was gone. Whether they talk about it or not doesn't matter. Whether or not he poisons the locker room does. His teammates proved themselves to be professionals. Not sure I can say the same about Brett the past few years.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #317 on: August 20, 2009, 09:06:47 PM »
Maybe not right away, but those same Packers he won (and lost) with, had plenty to say once he was gone. Whether they talk about it or not doesn't matter. Whether or not he poisons the locker room does. His teammates proved themselves to be professionals. Not sure I can say the same about Brett the past few years.

I hear ya, I'm just not sure that him "poisoning the locker room" is as serious as we all like to pretend sometimes.

If the team wins, none of that stuff will ever come up.

Put it this way:

When Brett was winning, he was called a great teammate and a good veteran leader.

When Brett was losing (only twice in his career), he was accused of poisoning the locker room.

He's probably always been an egotistical diva... it just stands out when the team loses.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #318 on: August 20, 2009, 09:28:56 PM »
The problem is, he just doesn't have the same ability he did in years past. Couple that with the fact that the Vikings were already set up for a good year without him, and this is a train wreck waiting to happen. If you were getting the 2004 or even the 2007 version of Brett Favre, sure you deal with the nonsense, but anyone who thinks they are getting that guy is kidding themselves. He's 40 years old, injured, and has not put in the off-season work (as he did prior to '07). If he comes in and pisses this team off, he no longer has the ability to make up for it with pure talent on the field.

Great move for the Packers and Bears!

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #319 on: August 21, 2009, 09:32:25 AM »
The problem is, he just doesn't have the same ability he did in years past. Couple that with the fact that the Vikings were already set up for a good year without him, and this is a train wreck waiting to happen. If you were getting the 2004 or even the 2007 version of Brett Favre, sure you deal with the nonsense, but anyone who thinks they are getting that guy is kidding themselves. He's 40 years old, injured, and has not put in the off-season work (as he did prior to '07). If he comes in and pisses this team off, he no longer has the ability to make up for it with pure talent on the field.

Great move for the Packers and Bears!

You could certainly be right.

All of the things you have listed are legitimate concerns.

All I'm saying is that if he plays poorly (which could happen), he'll be accused of being a bad teammate.

If he plays well, you won't hear any of that. You'll hear something about how he has helped the young receivers or some crap.

It really doesn't matter how he acts. It will be about his performance (which can certainly be debated).

reinko

• All American
« Reply #320 on: August 22, 2009, 09:11:54 AM »
Favre: 1 of 4 for 4 yds; crowd circle jerks each other for an hour

T-Jack: 12 of 15 for 200 yds and TD's; crowd boo's him

Stay classy Minny.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #321 on: August 22, 2009, 11:09:30 AM »
Favre: 1 of 4 for 4 yds; crowd circle jerks each other for an hour
T-Jack: 12 of 15 for 200 yds and TD's; crowd boo's him
Stay classy Minny.

It's obvious he's old, over the hill and just plain done.  What a waste of $12 million!!!

Reinko, I confirm the bet.  $20. 

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #322 on: August 22, 2009, 11:15:18 AM »
I bet Jay Bee is really excited that he will be able to watch all the home games now without the worry of a blackout.  Haha, what a joke of a fanbase.

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #323 on: August 22, 2009, 12:46:24 PM »
I bet Jay Bee is really excited that he will be able to watch all the home games now without the worry of a blackout.  Haha, what a joke of a fanbase/franchise.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #324 on: August 22, 2009, 06:07:39 PM »
I bet Jay Bee is really excited that he will be able to watch all the home games now without the worry of a blackout.  Haha, what a joke of a fanbase.

Never had that worry.  First off, I'm a season ticket holder... but more important as it pertains to the goofball crap you're insinuating regarding the consensus pick for the NFC North Champion this year (and actual NFC North Champ last year) is that the Vikings have sold out 115 consecutive games. 

feedback