collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 12:10:57 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Favre talking to Vikings...here we go again  (Read 69144 times)

NavinRJohnson

• All American
Favre talking to Vikings...here we go again
« on: May 05, 2009, 05:04:10 PM »
I have been as big a Brett fan as there has been, but this is just getting sad. As a Packer fan, I say please let it happen...Packers would be 2-0 before the season even starts. Absolutely nothing to be concerned about here. The only one hurt by this would be Favre and his already tarnished legacy (Unless of course you count the Vikings.). A year or two ago, I would have cared about his legacy, but no more. If the guy wants to go down in flames, and turn himself into a joke, so be it. 

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
Re: Favre talking to Vikings...here we go again
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 05:25:36 PM »
#4 joins MN, wins the Vikings three Super Bowls, goes into Hall of Fame in purple.

Book it.

Wareagle

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 05:48:31 PM »
#4 joins MN, wins the Vikings three Super Bowls, goes into Hall of Fame in purple.

Book it.
#4 joins MN, gets swine flu, world collapses in on itself.

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 05:52:58 PM »
so you are saying that they would be worse off with farve than they are with traveris jackson?  Farve is still good in warm weather.  His ability to deal with cold has fallen off over the years, no reason to think that he can't play in a dome.

I want him to come back because since he's ruined his legacy i haven't recieved any factually incorrect emails about his greatness from packer fans.  Suck it packer fans, your hero is a back stabbing jerk!

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 06:33:04 PM »
Doesn't Favre really struggle in the Metrodome? I'm sure it will be different with it being your home stadium, but he does struggle in most domes.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2009, 06:58:02 PM »
I have been as big a Brett fan as there has been, but this is just getting sad. As a Packer fan, I say please let it happen...Packers would be 2-0 before the season even starts. Absolutely nothing to be concerned about here. The only one hurt by this would be Favre and his already tarnished legacy (Unless of course you count the Vikings.). A year or two ago, I would have cared about his legacy, but no more. If the guy wants to go down in flames, and turn himself into a joke, so be it. 

Laughing my ass off at this entire thing, I have to tell you.  I had to go through this with Aikman.  I was not happy about him talking to other teams but then when he decided to hang it up and go out reasonably together, it helped.  Of course we've sucked butt since then and Romo is just Favre jr as far as I'm concerned (makes great plays and really bonehead ones).

For the record, I like Brett a lot but knowing the Green Bay fans fragile psyche at play, I have to laugh my butt off at this. 
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 07:03:11 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

Tom Crean's Tanning Bed

• All American
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2009, 06:59:00 PM »
This is starting to become the football version of Michael Jordan/Scottie Pippen/Phil Jackson vs. Jerry Krause of the Bulls dynasty.  

I think this is a done deal.  Favre so badly wants to stick it to Ted Thompson.  What better way to do that than go play for a division rival?  
The General has taken on a new command.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2009, 08:11:45 PM »
It's pretty funny... the Packers are disgusting, but this would be good for laughs, to upset Packers 'people' and who knows - maybe it's enough to push us into the Super Bowl - we are not far.  Sage can get us there if Fav-ray can't. 

"I hate Green Bay" - #4
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2009, 09:38:18 PM »
Hopefully, just a pro forma meeting out of courtesy each party for the other.  He's done.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2009, 09:50:30 PM »
This Packer fan believes that Sage Rosenfels is a better option for the Vikings at QB than Brett Favre is.  I'm serious about this.  Favre has fallen apart the last couple of years toward the end, and not just because of cold weather.  It's because he's old.  He had just as much trouble at the end of last year when the Jets were playing on the road in warm weather.  He's done.

He'll try to do too much.  The coaches will have him thowing the ball all over the place, when their best option is to hand the ball to Peterson 30+ times a day.  I mean, they lost games last year because they had Jackson throw the ball too much.  What do you think that coaching staff will do with Favre?

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2009, 10:12:32 PM »
knowing the Green Bay fans fragile psyche

What are you trying to say bud?!  We've infiltrated your family - you gotta be careful with all that good taste walking around ya!  :D
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2009, 11:15:36 PM »
I think this is a done deal.  Favre so badly wants to stick it to Ted Thompson.  What better way to do that than go play for a division rival?  

Please please please please.

This is like Indiana playing Wisconsin. You're just delighted that at least one of them is going to (at least pathologically) lose out.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2009, 11:53:42 PM »
Anyone a Vikings fan here?

If you are, would YOU wear a Favre jersey in purple and gold?
SS Marquette

muhoosier260

• All American
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2009, 01:43:40 AM »
favre is hamlet, he has to be the star of the drama. he's officially the boy who cried wolf

MilWarrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2009, 02:27:16 AM »
Benedict Brett

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2009, 07:11:58 AM »
Anyone a Vikings fan here?

If you are, would YOU wear a Favre jersey in purple and gold?

Not a chance.  I would wear a #4 jersey that said, "Farve" though.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2009, 07:33:51 AM »
  Not a chance.  I would wear a #4 jersey that said, "Farve" though.

why would wear a misspelled "Farve" jersey instead of correctly spelled "Favre"?
But I like to throw handfuls...

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2009, 07:52:24 AM »
so you are saying that they would be worse off with farve than they are with traveris jackson?  

Yes. No doubt in my mind. Favre obviously has experience and all that stuff on his side, but he is old, injured, self centered, and motivated by spite. He will be a determent to that team, not an asset. If you are looking strictly at ability, yes, you take Favre over Jackson, when you factor in age, health, motives -- everything, this thing would be a nightmare for teh Vikings and an absolute dream for the Packers and Bears.

In the end, I suspect the Vikings will be smart enough to see him for what he has become, and not to go down this road, so its probably all moot.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2009, 08:16:14 AM »
Brett Favre will be introduced as the next QB coach in Minnesota later this week.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2009, 08:21:59 AM »
I am a Packer fan and I would wear a purple #4 jersey that says "Judas" on the back.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

LON

• All American
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2009, 08:27:57 AM »
So is Favre going to go with the Vikes when they move to California too?

reinko

• All American
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2009, 08:41:53 AM »
I would like to use a creative metaphor to describe the situation from a Packer perspective...

So two people are married for a long time, and like any solid marriage, lots of ups, and a few downs.  Well finally after threatening a divorce like 4 times (that both parties know is coming), the husband (Packers and Ted Thompson), send the bitch (Favre) packing.

The husband gets a new girlfriend with a lot of potential, and really doesn't pay attention all that much that his wife has moved on too, but keeping a watchful and interested eye.  As time goes on, the husband has completely forgotten about his wife, because of his new new dime piece (Aaron Rodgers). 

Now the ex-wife, like the tramp she is, is interested in the a-hole (Vikes) down the street.  This douche is like an annoying knat in your life, and has a bunch of retarded kids (Harvin, Mckinnie, Sharper...), but realy he sucks at life and always chokes at whatever he does.

As the husband, everyone (ESPN and dumb Bear fans), thinks you are all pissed that your ex-wife is getting with this neighbor.  Really, nothing could be further from the truth, and when this fling is over with you will always have great memories of your ex, and wish her the best.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2009, 08:54:29 AM »
reinko...I think you've nailed it.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2009, 09:04:37 AM »

Now the ex-wife, like the tramp she is, is interested in the a-hole (Vikes) down the street.  This douche is like an annoying knat in your life, and has a bunch of retarded kids (Harvin, Mckinnie, Sharper...), but realy he sucks at life and always chokes at whatever he does.

Don't forget that douche down the street also has that shiny red sports car your would give your left nut to drive. (Peterson)

"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

New Era Warriors

• Starter
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2009, 09:12:21 AM »
da Bears