[Today at 02:48:12 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by tower912
[Today at 02:40:05 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 02:24:16 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by Jay Bee
[Today at 02:05:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Favre talking to Vikings...here we go again  (Read 69136 times)

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
Re: Favre talking to Vikings...here we go again
« Reply #375 on: August 24, 2009, 10:02:37 PM »
   Just a confused guy, it seems.

Yes you are.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #376 on: August 24, 2009, 10:56:27 PM »
Yes you are.

Thank goodness for the NFL. 
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

Moonboots

• Starter
« Reply #377 on: August 25, 2009, 12:46:02 AM »
 Huh?  When have I ever said this?  To be clear there are a couple of things that I know to be real: (1) Adding Favre improved our chances this year - many on here disagree and I find that absolutely ridiculous.  (2) The money is on us to win the division.  

We've been worthy of a mention when it comes to this year's Super Bowl and continue to be, before and after the guy that always has wanted to be a Viking.  

@SaintPaul - most people don't choose to be called by the city they live in, and certainly there are few who dislike the sports teams from where they live and get on a site that exists primarily to talk sports, and use that city as their name.  It's flat out bizarre.  You're not from God's Country originally, are you?  Just a confused guy, it seems.

Well, let's see... you were division champs and made a playoff appearance a year ago, and acquiring Favre has "made you better" (in your words).  So what's your goal then? An NFC Divisional Playoff game appearance?  NFC Championship?  No, I think not.  Excuse me for putting two and two together.

Now, let's get to the meat of this discussion.  What has you so keen on the fact that Favre will improve your team this year?  Is it his 81.0 QB rating last year?  Or the fact that he led the NFL in turnovers for a QB (22 picks, 2 fumbles lost of 10 total fumbles)?  Or maybe that he didn't participate in a single off season activity?  How about the fact that he is, just now on August 25th with less than three weeks until the beginning of the regular season, BEGINNING to build relationships with the receivers he'll be throwing the ball to?  Or the fact that he turns 40 in October, has a surgically repaired biceps and a bum shoulder? Favre's play after Thanksgiving since 2005? Or the fact that the locker room is now split between Favre and Jackson?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/24/locker-room-whispers-still-point-to-tarvaris/

Which of those things is it that has you so confident? Any of them? All of them?  Really, I'm excited to hear.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #378 on: August 25, 2009, 07:20:58 AM »
A. Stupid hillbilly fans of a franchise that use horns and wings as a primary logo, not true...http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/2189/did-vikings-really-wear-horns-on-their-helmet proud to look like a**holes on television (wearing said horns), and actually worship wife cheating Denny Green as a great coach.

B. Fans of the 2nd best team, championship wise, in the history of the NFL. That saved its own stadium by doing anything possible to keep the stadium it had and not move to the suburbs. It is 100x better than the dump you call a stadium that you can't even sell out for a playoff game.  We love...not worship a coach who won 3 Super bowl rings and knew his players did not care about individual stats as long as they won the championship.  Something you will never know in your lifetime.  

Burn on me.

I was just teasing with my comments because normally I don't get into these types of conversations. For the record, "B" is the Chicago Bears, and the "coach" is Ditka. I don't think he won 3 super bowl rings.

As far as stupid Vikes fans... there are plenty of them. I fully admit that.

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #379 on: August 25, 2009, 08:15:18 AM »

and the "coach" is Ditka. I don't think he won 3 super bowl rings.

One ring as a player, asst. coach and head coach.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #380 on: August 25, 2009, 08:22:30 AM »
One ring as a player, asst. coach and head coach.

I stand corrected. I thought he had won an NFL championship as a player, not a superbowl.

Either way, the Bears and Packers suck.  ;)

g0lden3agle

• All American
« Reply #381 on: August 25, 2009, 08:45:13 AM »
I can't believe all of you are so naive to think the Lions don't have a chance this year.

jaybilaswho?

• All American
"A team should be an extension of a coach's personality. My teams are arrogant and obnoxious." Al McGuire

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #383 on: August 25, 2009, 11:05:49 AM »
I am so sick of Favre I want to puke.

But that commercial made me laugh.

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #384 on: August 26, 2009, 07:37:48 PM »
I am so sick of Favre I want to puke.

But that commercial made me laugh.

That commercial is great.

The outtake are great, too.
Spoiler...

"This stays green by the way...is that ok?"
"Well, I used to like Green."
"What about Purple?"
"Tempting...."

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #385 on: August 30, 2009, 08:18:29 AM »
http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_13231672

A brett favre article from the St. Paul paper.

ESPN has an article about a "schism", and the local paper makes everything seem ok.

Like most things, the truth probably lies in the middle.

If he plays well, you'll see more articles like this. If he plays poorly, you'll see articles about how he's a disruption.

I know one thing for sure, Brett has a pretty healthy ego and he's just going to do whatever he wants. His production on the field will dictate how he is revived by teammates.