[April 18, 2024, 09:34:43 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by TSmith34, Inc.
[April 18, 2024, 09:22:20 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[April 18, 2024, 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[April 18, 2024, 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Favre talking to Vikings...here we go again  (Read 69722 times)

🏀

• All American
Re: Favre talking to Vikings...here we go again
« Reply #325 on: August 22, 2009, 08:41:31 PM »
  Never had that worry.  First off, I'm a season ticket holder... but more important as it pertains to the goofball crap you're insinuating regarding the consensus pick for the NFC North Champion this year (and actual NFC North Champ last year) is that the Vikings have sold out 115 consecutive games. 

Yeah, the Vikings streak of consecutive sold out games is as legit as the Redskins' season ticket waiting list.

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #326 on: August 23, 2009, 06:47:33 PM »
  Never had that worry.  First off, I'm a season ticket holder... but more important as it pertains to the goofball crap you're insinuating regarding the consensus pick for the NFC North Champion this year (and actual NFC North Champ last year) is that the Vikings have sold out 115 consecutive games. 

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!  It's amazing all those big companies can find so many fans to go to the games only a few days/hours before.  In addition, I have seen quite a few places where the Bears or the Packers have been picked to finish 1st in the Central; the Vikings are hardly the consensus pick.   

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #327 on: August 23, 2009, 06:54:44 PM »
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!  It's amazing all those big companies can find so many fans to go to the games only a few days/hours before.  In addition, I have seen quite a few places where the Bears or the Packers have been picked to finish 1st in the Central; the Vikings are hardly the consensus pick.   

You just laughed at facts.  I understand when people give excuses for why something didn't factually happen (i.e., oooh, Vikings got lucky last year).. but, making up excuses for something that is factual (i.e., 115 sellouts in a row) displays insane love for men.  Congrats.

You have seen 'quite a few places'?  Where?  The poster on your brother's wall across the hall?  Dad's drunken rants?  The fact is, the money is on Minnesota.

Like I said (and have two takers so far), if you believe otherwise then put your tiny money where your big mouth is. 
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Moonboots

• Starter
« Reply #328 on: August 23, 2009, 09:44:41 PM »
  You just laughed at facts.  I understand when people give excuses for why something didn't factually happen (i.e., oooh, Vikings got lucky last year).. but, making up excuses for something that is factual (i.e., 115 sellouts in a row) displays insane love for men.  Congrats.

You have seen 'quite a few places'?  Where?  The poster on your brother's wall across the hall?  Dad's drunken rants?  The fact is, the money is on Minnesota.

Like I said (and have two takers so far), if you believe otherwise then put your tiny money where your big mouth is. 

$50.  And you better be good for it, because your geriatric quarterback is gonna fold by midseason. I'm sorry.

Actually, I take that back. I'm not sorry at all.  It's gonna be a JOY to watch.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #329 on: August 23, 2009, 09:54:06 PM »

The reason they sell out is because various entities buy out the balance of the tickets prior to a potential blackout.  So yes while you are factually correct, you are leaving a key fact out of your statement.

LON

• All American
« Reply #330 on: August 24, 2009, 08:14:44 AM »
Tarvaris Jackson at QB > Ragnar at QB > Brett Favre at QB

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #331 on: August 24, 2009, 08:15:34 AM »
Jay Bee,

I'll take $20 on Chicago, if the offer is still out there...
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

LON

• All American
« Reply #332 on: August 24, 2009, 08:53:44 AM »

The reason they sell out is because various entities buy out the balance of the tickets prior to a potential blackout.  So yes while you are factually correct, you are leaving a key fact out of your statement.

They had to do it for last year's playoff game...pathetic.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #333 on: August 24, 2009, 09:45:04 AM »
I confirm the following bets:
wadesworld $50 (Green Bay)
reinko $20 (Green Bay)
PXILiberachi2 $50 (? please confirm if you've got GB or Chi.. or DET)
MU_B2002 $20 (Chicago)

Good luck.  Hopefully we can pull off some victories in the quiet little Dome this year, despite all of our tickets being bought by corporations at the last minute. 

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #334 on: August 24, 2009, 09:51:58 AM »
reinko $20 (Green Bay)
MU_B2002 $20 (Chicago)

Good luck.  Hopefully we can pull off some victories in the quiet little Dome this year, despite all of our tickets being bought by corporations at the last minute. 

No matter how Favre plays, the NFC north should be very entertaining this year.  I have had enough of preseason football already.  20 days until the Bears and pack kick it off in lambo*.  (yes,  i know it's misspelled)
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

Moonboots

• Starter
« Reply #335 on: August 24, 2009, 09:53:31 AM »
reinko $20 (Green Bay)
MU_B2002 $20 (Chicago)

12-time World Champion Green Bay Packers.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #336 on: August 24, 2009, 10:32:36 AM »
$50.  And you better be good for it, because your geriatric quarterback is gonna fold by midseason. I'm sorry.

Actually, I take that back. I'm not sorry at all.  It's gonna be a JOY to watch.

I can't believe that people think Packer fans are bitter.

Moonboots

• Starter
« Reply #337 on: August 24, 2009, 11:19:16 AM »
I can't believe that people think Packer fans are bitter.

Hell yeah I'm bitter.  Shouldn't I be?  The retirement song and dance was fine when it was resolved by April. But now?  One of my favorite athletes ever is making an ass of himself repeatedly, and trying to do so at the expense of the team I support.  If Favre has every right to play football (re: force his way out of Green Bay, force his way out of New York, and go play where he runs the show, in Minnesota), then I have every right to be bitter about it.  I'll let you do the math. Favre works with personal trainer.  Attends all off season activities. And does extra film study.  Favre has a Pro Bowl season.  Favre does none of those things, and waltzes into training camp three weeks after everyone else while getting treated like royalty (and completely disrupting the balance of the locker room), out of football shape, surgically repaired biceps, partially torn shoulder tendons and all, and you think he'll replicate 2007?!  What about 2005, 2006, and 2008?  

Of course, we were bound to defend him in those years since he was our guy and had been for such a long time, but now all bets are off.  Favre's a good quarterback when he puts the time in.  But he's no longer a miracle worker, and Jay Bee (and the rest of Vikings nation) will find that out sooner rather than later.  He "miracled" his Jets from 8-3 to a 9-7 finish and out of the playoffs, despite the best rushing attack in the AFC.  Now THAT takes skill.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 11:20:49 AM by PXILibero2 »

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #338 on: August 24, 2009, 11:22:18 AM »

Well as long as we are talking betting why don't we check that.
 Chicago Bears  +180     
    Detroit Lions  +1200     
    Green Bay Packers  +200     
    Minnesota Vikings  +140
Hard to say that anyone is a consensus favorite.   

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #339 on: August 24, 2009, 11:27:02 AM »
Well as long as we are talking betting why don't we check that.
 Chicago Bears  +180     
    Detroit Lions  +1200     
    Green Bay Packers  +200     
    Minnesota Vikings  +140
Hard to say that anyone is a consensus favorite.   

No, it's actually not difficult at all.  Just look at the lines you quoted.  Not a big math guy, I take it...

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #340 on: August 24, 2009, 11:30:05 AM »
Jay Bee (or anyone who knows)

When does the William's wall find out about the status of their appealed suspension?
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

muarmy81

• All American
« Reply #341 on: August 24, 2009, 11:36:14 AM »

When does the William's wall find out about the status of their appealed suspension?

I thought the State supreme court in MN threw that case out?

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #342 on: August 24, 2009, 11:37:59 AM »
  No, it's actually not difficult at all.  Just look at the lines you quoted.  Not a big math guy, I take it...

This is what a consensus favorite looks like......

Buffalo Bills  +800     
Miami Dolphins  +900     
New England Patriots  -600     
New York Jets  +800

Denver Broncos  +1000     
Kansas City Chiefs  +1000     
Oakland Raiders  +800     
San Diego Chargers  -800

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #343 on: August 24, 2009, 11:48:19 AM »

It's anybody's guess.  More likely than not, they will get to play this season.  But, that could change as well.  There are questions/arguments regarding who has jurisdiction.  This could drag on until after these guys are freaking retired.  But, who cares about these All-Pro lineman?  Our season will be shot halfway through the year when the old man's arm falls off.

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #344 on: August 24, 2009, 11:51:22 AM »
Yeah, the Vikings streak of consecutive sold out games is as legit as the Redskins' season ticket waiting list.

Although nearly 65,000 is the capacity of the Metrodome, the NFL considers 62,000 tickets there a sellout.

It has become something of a running joke among media members in the press box at Vikings games when the attendance numbers have been announced that proclaim “this is the (fill in the number) consecutive sellout at the Metrodome!”

At times it has seemed impossible. In the regular-season finale against the Rams last year, the team hit 95 in a row, despite about 10,000 fans being disguised as empty seats. In the preseason opener against the Rams this year, that number appeared to be closer to 15,000, yet the sellout hit No. 96.

Will it hit 97 on the regular-season opener vs. the Falcons? That is a question that may have to be put on hold for now.

The Vikings are going to launch a media blitz today on TV and radio announcing that the streak is in jeopardy. Ten years ago, sellouts became an issue since 4 of 8 games were not sold out.

http://min.scout.com/2/673353.html

Just one example of many....

The Vikings-Lions game will be shown locally Sunday after the remaining 2,100 tickets were picked up on Friday.

U.S. Bank, SuperClean Brands/Factory Value Parts and KMSP (Ch. 9)
combined to buy the remaining tickets, making the game a sellout.

The Vikings got a 25-hour extension on Thursday and announced the sellout at 12:30 p.m. today.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 12:27:30 PM by SaintPaulWarrior »

LON

• All American
« Reply #345 on: August 24, 2009, 11:53:04 AM »

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/18/starcaps-appeal-moves-forward/

Probably before the start of the season.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #346 on: August 24, 2009, 12:06:17 PM »
Hell yeah I'm bitter.  Shouldn't I be?  The retirement song and dance was fine when it was resolved by April. But now?  One of my favorite athletes ever is making an ass of himself repeatedly, and trying to do so at the expense of the team I support.  If Favre has every right to play football (re: force his way out of Green Bay, force his way out of New York, and go play where he runs the show, in Minnesota), then I have every right to be bitter about it.  I'll let you do the math. Favre works with personal trainer.  Attends all off season activities. And does extra film study.  Favre has a Pro Bowl season.  Favre does none of those things, and waltzes into training camp three weeks after everyone else while getting treated like royalty (and completely disrupting the balance of the locker room), out of football shape, surgically repaired biceps, partially torn shoulder tendons and all, and you think he'll replicate 2007?!  What about 2005, 2006, and 2008?  

Of course, we were bound to defend him in those years since he was our guy and had been for such a long time, but now all bets are off.  Favre's a good quarterback when he puts the time in.  But he's no longer a miracle worker, and Jay Bee (and the rest of Vikings nation) will find that out sooner rather than later.  He "miracled" his Jets from 8-3 to a 9-7 finish and out of the playoffs, despite the best rushing attack in the AFC.  Now THAT takes skill.

That's an honest answer, and I don't really blame you.

I've just heard a lot of Packer fans now saying "I'm not bitter anymore, but I want to see him get crushed." or "I'd rather have rodgers anyways, but I still hate Brett." Hmm... sounds a little bitter to me (which is understandable, but don't deny it)/

Let's face it, a lot of people (especially Packer fans) get emotionally attached to their team and specific players. Brett Favre was "St. Brett" for years.

Brett has always been a diva, but when they were winning, it wasn't an issue, and that only fed the monster.

Brett would try to play until he is 90 if he didn't have to go through training camp and work out. He LOVES to play. Golf isn't going to satisfy the competitive juices. He's not the only guy to have problems with retiring. Did we already forget Michael Jordan? Barkley is a degenerate gambler because he's still looking for the competitive rush. It's not uncommon for these guys.

Why are people surprised? John Elway was a surprise. Favre is more par for the course.

Now, with all of this said, I don't think it excuses Brett for handling this stuff poorly (media circus, working out/not working out, etc. etc.)... however I don't think he deserves to be crucified like some people seem to think so.

Simple terms: Brett is a football player playing football. He went to a team with a GLARING need at QB.

Don't get tied into all of the hype and crap.

If Brett wins, you'll hear how he's a great guy. If Brett loses, people will say he's a poison in the locker room. The only truth we know is that he's a diva either way, but a winning diva is a good teammate, just like when he was in GB.

Moonboots

• Starter
« Reply #347 on: August 24, 2009, 12:25:22 PM »
True, to an extent. 

If he just wanted to play football, the door was open in New York for a second year, and he was on a team with no replacement plan at QB (at the time of Favre's "retirement" at least) that only won one game less than Minnesota, with many losses coming directly as a result of his effort on the field.  If it was still ONLY for the love of the game, he'd be a Jet. And I'd probably be cheering for him.

Don't get me wrong, he still wants to play football, and he still wants to win, but people would be fooling themselves if they think he didn't want to do it at the expense of Ted Thompson and (unfortunately, by association) every fan that ever supported him in green and gold.

LON

• All American
« Reply #348 on: August 24, 2009, 12:27:58 PM »
That's an honest answer, and I don't really blame you.

I've just heard a lot of Packer fans now saying "I'm not bitter anymore, but I want to see him get crushed." or "I'd rather have rodgers anyways, but I still hate Brett." Hmm... sounds a little bitter to me (which is understandable, but don't deny it)/

Let's face it, a lot of people (especially Packer fans) get emotionally attached to their team and specific players. Brett Favre was "St. Brett" for years.

Brett has always been a diva, but when they were winning, it wasn't an issue, and that only fed the monster.

Brett would try to play until he is 90 if he didn't have to go through training camp and work out. He LOVES to play. Golf isn't going to satisfy the competitive juices. He's not the only guy to have problems with retiring. Did we already forget Michael Jordan? Barkley is a degenerate gambler because he's still looking for the competitive rush. It's not uncommon for these guys.

Why are people surprised? John Elway was a surprise. Favre is more par for the course.

Now, with all of this said, I don't think it excuses Brett for handling this stuff poorly (media circus, working out/not working out, etc. etc.)... however I don't think he deserves to be crucified like some people seem to think so.

Simple terms: Brett is a football player playing football. He went to a team with a GLARING need at QB.

Don't get tied into all of the hype and crap.

If Brett wins, you'll hear how he's a great guy. If Brett loses, people will say he's a poison in the locker room. The only truth we know is that he's a diva either way, but a winning diva is a good teammate, just like when he was in GB.

Being bitter would be bringing up the massive amounts of blow/extra-marital affairs/booze consumption during the 90s that were all covered up under the guise of a vicodin addiction.

Wait, yes, I am pretty bitter for the same reasons as PXILibero2 laid out.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #349 on: August 24, 2009, 12:32:04 PM »
Being bitter would be bringing up the massive amounts of blow/extra-marital affairs/booze consumption during the 90s that were all covered up under the guise of a vicodin addiction.

Wait, yes, I am pretty bitter for the same reasons as PXILibero2 laid out.

Yea, but 2 years ago when he was wearing a green jersey, no packer fan would have brought that up, which is hypocritical.

He was a saint as long as he was green, right?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 12:42:10 PM by 2002mualum »