collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: EV's  (Read 25315 times)

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: EV's
« Reply #425 on: April 05, 2024, 06:05:35 PM »
I agree on the economy. I am sitting at a popular Mexican place and 90% of the tables are empty. I was here last year on a weeknight and had an hour wait. Fortunately, I think dgies can fill it up!!

Yes. The best way to determine the country’s economic health is by surveying Mexican restaurants on a random Friday evening.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #426 on: April 05, 2024, 09:18:25 PM »
Yes. The best way to determine the country’s economic health is by surveying Mexican restaurants on a random Friday evening.

Not enough people driving American cars.  Too many Beamers out there.  Pretty unreliable and expensive to repair and they need a lot of repair.
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #427 on: April 05, 2024, 09:40:49 PM »
  Big solar farm in Texas just got destroyed by a monster hail storm. hope they're covered this Summer for AC
Meanwhile the nearby coal fired power plant works just fine.
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #428 on: April 05, 2024, 10:16:38 PM »

Brother Satan:

OK, if you don't like the Mexican Restaurant Observational Index as a basis for economic growth, let's try this:

In October 2020, give or take a few weeks, the price of the most precious commodity this side of beer -- gasoline -- in my county in the State of Florida was $1.98 per gallon at the local Citgo (now an Exxon-Mobil station).

Tonight, I filled up my convertible and paid $3.77 per gallon. That's roughly a 20 percent Compound Annual Growth Rate ("CAGR) in 3.583 years.

That's enough to make even the most arrogant of Middle Eastern royalty blush!

It's also enough to make people think the economy sucks!!!! When you look at the greatly increased cost of today's essentials, red meat, beer, booze and wine, the current leadership of this country has a problem. And no, lower prices on rabbit food isn't going to make us change one bit!!!!!

A couple of years ago, I think it was 2021 or so, I filled my beloved BMW (which, for the record Brother Rico, is one of the most reliable automobiles I've ever owned. It's nine years old and has 50,000 miles on it) at a gasoline merchant in Lake County, Illinois. It was more than $6.00 a gallon for the premium my BMW so richly deserves! But that was Illinois! What do you expect?

The fact that we're all not racing out to our Tesla dealerships or buying the Ford F-150 Lightening is a testament to the fact that, at a very minimum, we're addicted to gasoline! The last drop of gasoline burned in North America probably will on Interstate 95 somewhere between Martin and Duval Counties, likely in a car going 150 miles per hour through a Florida State Trooper radar trap (and, yes, the Trooper probably will be too lazy to chase him)!

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #429 on: April 05, 2024, 10:28:29 PM »

• All American
« Reply #430 on: April 05, 2024, 10:32:01 PM »
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #431 on: April 06, 2024, 12:08:56 AM »
I agree on the economy. I am sitting at a popular Mexican place and 90% of the tables are empty. I was here last year on a weeknight and had an hour wait. Fortunately, I think dgies can fill it up!!

Tonight, my wife and I were at a popular Scottsdale brewery that also served food. Every table was taken, the bar area was packed, and there was a line of people waiting for a table. Last night, we were at a popular Tucson restaurant. Every table was taken, the bar area was packed, and we were told there was a 2-hour wait for those without reservations. Last week, we were at a popular Charlotte restaurant. Every table was taken, the bar area was packed, and there was a 1-hour wait.

Ipso fatso, those 3 personal anecdotes serve as unassailable proof that the entire U.S. economy is not just good or great, but perfect.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #432 on: April 06, 2024, 01:33:13 AM »
Higher Gas prices controlled by market supply and demand factors that ignorant people think is the President’s fault doesn’t make that the case though?

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #433 on: April 06, 2024, 01:34:27 AM »

Goose

• All American
« Reply #434 on: April 06, 2024, 04:23:50 AM »

Keep on spending!! I am strongly encouraging everyone to spend, spend, spend. Enjoy AZ!

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #435 on: April 06, 2024, 05:36:16 AM »
Pretty sure Nads is livin' high off da hog...North Carolina style, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Goose

• All American
« Reply #436 on: April 06, 2024, 07:35:42 AM »
Doc

I have there are millions of 82’s out there spending money and driving the economy. I find it very interesting that the vast majority of people I talk about the economy are concerned and scoopers are not.

I love Fluff jumping in on my Mexican restaurant experience from last night. The expert on all topics.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #437 on: April 06, 2024, 07:42:08 AM »
Goose, you're just not woke, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #438 on: April 06, 2024, 07:43:52 AM »
Goose, you're just not woke, hey?

No, I don’t think goose boycotts beer because a transgender person posed with it

• All American
« Reply #439 on: April 06, 2024, 07:49:25 AM »
Doc

I have there are millions of 82’s out there spending money and driving the economy. I find it very interesting that the vast majority of people I talk about the economy are concerned and scoopers are not.

I love Fluff jumping in on my Mexican restaurant experience from last night. The expert on all topics.

No offense, but that was a dumb statement. I would think you know better than that.

But perhaps not.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #440 on: April 06, 2024, 08:03:24 AM »
Fluff

There is no better evidence in judging life than observing life around you. The smartest business people I know have some of the simplest methods for judging the economy. Hell, Warren Buffet watches the sales of men’s underwear as a guide on the economy. But, I know you are far more sophisticated in your knowledge of the economy.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #441 on: April 06, 2024, 08:04:10 AM »
I've been told by a reliable source that the U.S. Government lies about the economic numbers, just like the Chinese government, so that probably explains the disconnect between the jobs numbers, GDP, unemployment, etc. vs. your real-world findings at a popular Mexican place.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #442 on: April 06, 2024, 08:09:26 AM »
In October 2020, give or take a few weeks, the price of the most precious commodity this side of beer -- gasoline -- in my county in the State of Florida was $1.98 per gallon at the local Citgo (now an Exxon-Mobil station).

Tonight, I filled up my convertible and paid $3.77 per gallon. That's roughly a 20 percent Compound Annual Growth Rate ("CAGR) in 3.583 years.
Yes, if only we could go back to the good ol' days of October 2020 when the economy was humming along and we hadn't a care in the world.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #443 on: April 06, 2024, 08:13:52 AM »
Before this gets locked, I am going to go to a Mexican restaurant tonight and count EV’s in the parking lot and end the debate about EVs and the economy.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #444 on: April 06, 2024, 08:18:53 AM »
Rico

Great call. Uncle Julio’s at Brookfield Square. If you decide to dine there, bring your own Corona and wine, because they were out of stock last night. It might be a good idea to bring along your own staff as well.

I do realize that you would not slum it by going there, but just in case I wanted to give you fair warning. FYI, if you seeing a guy outside burning $250 that would be me, it would be a better use of the money than I experienced last night.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #445 on: April 06, 2024, 08:19:55 AM »
Yes, if only we could go back to the good ol' days of October 2020 when the economy was humming along and we hadn't a care in the world.

Was just wondering to myself if anything else was going on in fall 2020 that might have affected gas prices?

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #446 on: April 06, 2024, 08:24:09 AM »
Rico

Great call. Uncle Julio’s at Brookfield Square. If you decide to dine there, bring your own Corona and wine, because they were out of stock last night. It might be a good idea to bring along your own staff as well.

I do realize that you would not slum it by going there, but just in case I wanted to give you fair warning. FYI, if you seeing a guy outside burning $250 that would be me, it would be a better use of the money than I experienced last night.

Honestly, as an evangelical, I don’t eat ethnic food, so I wouldn’t know better

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #447 on: April 06, 2024, 08:34:57 AM »
Honestly, as an evangelical, I don’t eat ethnic food, so I wouldn’t know better
Just freedom fries and freedom toast.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #448 on: April 06, 2024, 08:36:14 AM »
Rico

You can use that $250 for a good number of rounds at Greenfield Golf and Country Club.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #449 on: April 06, 2024, 08:38:26 AM »
Rico

You can use that $250 for a good number of rounds at Greenfield Golf and Country Club.

I’ve been spending my discretionary money on specialty bibles