collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccine/Antibody updates  (Read 382963 times)

injuryBug

• Team Captain
Re: Vaccine/Antibody updates
« Reply #1150 on: January 11, 2021, 03:25:28 PM »
Honestly there should just be a daily line for EOD extra vaccines. If the hospital is going to discard them with an hour left in the day give it to whoever showed up.

Great idea how hard is it to get the vaccine out to as many people as possible.  Move to the families of those that work in the hospital.  So stupid to throw away something that is in such high demand

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #1151 on: January 12, 2021, 08:34:39 AM »

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #1152 on: January 12, 2021, 09:22:13 AM »
This is great news. Including federal support to help states with mass vaccination clinics.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/533776-trump-administration-makes-sweeping-changes-to-speed-up-pace-of-covid?fbclid=IwAR0jqTWmXoXLUfiOfuYMpF1Q7ppoqd0d8OJOBv7Idb5V8izSFIxL8rqdAo8

Agreed on good news, but federal support to help states with mass vaccination clinics was an absolute no brainer. The fact that this wasn't already in the plan is gross negligence at best.

Seems a bit like the current administration is doing their best to look over at Biden's test and write down the same answers. Hopefully, they are transcribing his work correctly. Too bad they didn't just follow the pandemic plan that they left on Trump's desk 4 years ago.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #1153 on: January 12, 2021, 09:23:38 AM »
Seems a bit like the current administration is doing their best to look over at Biden's test and write down the same answers. Hopefully, they are transcribing his work correctly. Too bad they didn't just follow the pandemic plan that they left on Trump's desk 4 years ago.

Fair but I am choosing to take a less cynical approach....kind of like when Bush started prioritizing Obama's priorities on how to address the great recession.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #1154 on: January 12, 2021, 06:46:59 PM »
Metro Nashville iHealth Deparatment is creating a standby procedure for leftover doses.

To make sure no doses of the COVID-19 vaccine are wasted, MPHD will be introducing a "Standby List" on Tuesday afternoon. Each vial contains five doses of vaccine, meaning a maximum of four doses would be given through the Standby List on a given day.
Each day, the public is invited to enter their name onto the Standby List. That is done by emailing your name and phone number to COVID19VaccineStandby@Nashville.gov. When the end of the vaccination day approaches at 2:30pm, MPHD nurses will determine the number of unused doses. Those unused doses will then be offered to those randomly selected from the Standby List. Those selected will need to be able to get to the clinic in the Five Points area within 30 minutes of 2:30pm. They will also be given instructions for their second dose.
Once the remaining doses have been allocated, the list of entries will be deleted in its entirety. This will ensure those who enter each day will be available for their vaccination, should their entry be chosen. Feel free to enter one time each day you satisfy the requirements. Evidence of multiple entries on the same day will lead to disqualification.

Today, which I believe that the first day this program was implemented, 15,000 signed up and 2 people received doses.
Have some patience, FFS.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #1155 on: January 12, 2021, 06:59:52 PM »
Metro Nashville iHealth Deparatment is creating a standby procedure for leftover doses.

Today, which I believe that the first day this program was implemented, 15,000 signed up and 2 people received doses.

They must follow me here on scoop 😎
Maigh Eo for Sam

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #1156 on: January 12, 2021, 07:10:27 PM »

I do believe the "wasted doses" news, while disappointing, is very limited.  I haven't seen a single case of even 100 doses going to waste (except for malice), it's generally been in the single digits, occasionally up to 20.  And while those small numbers do add up over time, it's not like millions of doses are going to waste.

Nonetheless, glad to hear programs are being developed to avoid many more.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #1157 on: January 12, 2021, 07:36:52 PM »

Good to see someone trying to ensure less waste. If every vaccine administration site in the country did this, that could extrapolate to thousands of doses per day.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #1158 on: January 12, 2021, 07:56:31 PM »
I think the anti waste program is great but why are we stopping at 230.  Is it still a lack of vaccines at this point?

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #1159 on: January 12, 2021, 08:09:09 PM »
I think the anti waste program is great but why are we stopping at 230.  Is it still a lack of vaccines at this point?

On the CNBC news tonight they had interviews with staff at vaccination sites around the country. Several complained about lack of availability of vaccines. One site requested 24,000 doses and received only 4000.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1160 on: January 12, 2021, 09:39:00 PM »
Anyone see the process needed to get a vaccine in NYC? 50 question online form with multiple attachments needed to be uploaded including photos.  Not at all confusing or difficult for senior citizens or low income front line workers who may not have ready internet access.  As of yesterday evening, there were hundreds of appointments for vaccines the very next day.  What a mess

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #1161 on: January 13, 2021, 09:26:58 AM »

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1162 on: January 14, 2021, 04:31:04 PM »
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #1163 on: January 14, 2021, 10:24:35 PM »
Anyone see the process needed to get a vaccine in NYC? 50 question online form with multiple attachments needed to be uploaded including photos.  Not at all confusing or difficult for senior citizens or low income front line workers who may not have ready internet access.  As of yesterday evening, there were hundreds of appointments for vaccines the very next day.  What a mess

New York is a mess on this? Shocking.

As they bungle along, they’ll go over 40,000 deaths tomorrow.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 10:30:46 PM by Lennys Tap »

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1164 on: January 15, 2021, 06:21:56 AM »

And yet, Cuomo will run for pres in 2024.  He has had good moments, and absolutely terrible moments.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1165 on: January 15, 2021, 07:07:50 AM »
The data is backing up my decision to hold off for a few months on getting vaccinated.   Antibodies from having it are showing to be as effective as the vaccine.  At least though three months and some of the data says 6 months

Now, if Moderna's claims are accurate and their vaccine generates antibodies that last a year, this becomes an annual thing like a flu shot.   And I anticipate there will not be a follow up shot necessary.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #1166 on: January 15, 2021, 08:18:45 AM »

And yet, Cuomo will run for pres in 2024.  He has had good moments, and absolutely terrible moments.

While I'm not going to say NY is doing a good job. Right now, it looks like Connecticut is performing the best. If you look at the data, NY is outperforming many states in getting shots into arms. They are vaccinating their population faster than the bulk of the country.

The criticism of them being widespread is to a large part a result of their being far far more media outlets reporting on every possible detail in NY.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #1167 on: January 15, 2021, 08:26:09 AM »
While I'm not going to say NY is doing a good job. Right now, it looks like Connecticut is performing the best. If you look at the data, NY is outperforming many states in getting shots into arms. They are vaccinating their population faster than the bulk of the country.

The criticism of them being widespread is to a large part a result of their being far far more media outlets reporting on every possible detail in NY.

The vaccine rollout is going very well here.

I'm reading the state is already moving on to the next round.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #1168 on: January 15, 2021, 08:41:03 AM »
The vaccine rollout is going very well here.

I'm reading the state is already moving on to the next round.

Not only that we got assigned some bonus doses because of the good utilization and are opening up 1b to 65+ & 16+ with comorbities in the next few weeks.  If we could just get another vaccine on board, it feels like we can really start moving fast.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 08:42:53 AM by Frenns Liquor Depot »

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #1169 on: January 15, 2021, 11:14:03 AM »
If this is accurate it’s not good.  Spooling everyone up to expect more doses then having supply be the limiter would be really bad for the states trying to gain momentum. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/01/15/trump-vaccine-reserve-used-up/

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1170 on: January 15, 2021, 11:55:26 AM »

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #1171 on: January 15, 2021, 12:08:53 PM »
So...carrying on the conversation stared in the Al about vaccines per day.  We're doing about 1M per day now? (I haven't fact checked that).  Great, only ~300 more days to herd immunity  :( 

OK, lets say we can get that to 2M per day, then I guess we'd be mid summer (which we all hoped for/expected), but that ignores that *so far* it's a 2 shot vaccine, so are we back to the end of 2021? 

I'm really just bellyaching selfishly because I want want to get back to a more pre-covid life.  But it does look like I *may* have been a little optimistic thinking we could largely get vaccines to everyone by June.

* I'm also ignoring those who decline the vaccine.  From a local source I've heard about 20% of healthcare workers are, but perhaps they are in Tower's situation where they believe they have antibodies so are passing on it for now...

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #1172 on: January 15, 2021, 12:17:08 PM »
So...carrying on the conversation stared in the Al about vaccines per day.  We're doing about 1M per day now? (I haven't fact checked that).  Great, only ~300 more days to herd immunity  :( 

OK, lets say we can get that to 2M per day, then I guess we'd be mid summer (which we all hoped for/expected), but that ignores that *so far* it's a 2 shot vaccine, so are we back to the end of 2021? 

I'm really just bellyaching selfishly because I want want to get back to a more pre-covid life.  But it does look like I *may* have been a little optimistic thinking we could largely get vaccines to everyone by June.

* I'm also ignoring those who decline the vaccine.  From a local source I've heard about 20% of healthcare workers are, but perhaps they are in Tower's situation where they believe they have antibodies so are passing on it for now...

I think the goal is 3M/day - that can get us to mid-year.  The only way that happens in my opinion is we get a third and maybe fourth vaccine in the mix. 

Also, this will get better when the susceptible populations are immune.  That alone will take the burden off the hospitals which helps everyone

I bet you we can do this, but need less of everyone doing whatever the f they want and more coordination and funding for success....

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #1173 on: January 15, 2021, 12:35:28 PM »
Also, this will get better when the susceptible populations are immune.  That alone will take the burden off the hospitals which helps everyone

That's a good point.  I was reading an article yesterday about China's vaccine, only about 50-60% efficacy, but 100% reduction in severe cases of covid.  If we can keep people from ending up in the hospital -this gets 100% better!

I'm not necessarily advocating to use China's vaccine, but any relief like that for healthcare is welcome now.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #1174 on: January 15, 2021, 01:38:07 PM »
If this is accurate it’s not good.  Spooling everyone up to expect more doses then having supply be the limiter would be really bad for the states trying to gain momentum. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/01/15/trump-vaccine-reserve-used-up/

What this looks like to me is that they pushed out the reserve vaccines trying to get closer to their "20 million" goal by the end of the year. But lied about holding the reserve as to not concern people/states about not getting a 2nd dose.

They thought they'd be fine, until Biden announced he intended to release reserves. They'd be busted when Biden came into office, so they announced the same...they would be released.

Then states started asking where the reserves were and they were busted anyway.

I agree with pushing the reserves out to vaccinate more faster, but the lying/hiding info from the public is kind of disgusting and reeks of incompetence.

feedback