'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Recruiting as of 5/15/24  (Read 8650838 times)

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
Re: Recruiting as of 9/15/19
« Reply #20975 on: October 04, 2019, 08:56:13 PM »
Head to the bunker!!!
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #20976 on: October 04, 2019, 09:26:10 PM »
Not that we didn't know it already, but it's certainly clear who the staff's next two targets are. Assume the coaches have been pitching them coming together as a group.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #20977 on: October 04, 2019, 09:26:26 PM »
You need to start by having Wojo head to a city that has a number of 5 stars looking to play high school basketball together and have him coach that team for a number of years. Then you need to be comfortable with a coach willing to “turn the other way” to let his boosters/assistants/brand reps do things that are not allowed to be done and he can claim he’s shocked to find out things weren’t all by the book.
im saying it the sense that wojo can compete with the big  boys. just trying to be optimistic. lotta people think when a blue blood(s) involved we have no chance. we have a shot at dawson and rj

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #20978 on: October 04, 2019, 10:07:23 PM »
Wojo , stan and duane are fantastic recruiters.  Imagine if we dont stumble and in fact win the BE and maybe a game or two in the tourney.  I believe with a couple real nice seasons and we will be recruiting with anyone, it seems we may be already. Worm turned?
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #20979 on: October 04, 2019, 10:46:31 PM »
im saying it the sense that wojo can compete with the big  boys. just trying to be optimistic. lotta people think when a blue blood(s) involved we have no chance. we have a shot at dawson and rj

I can't speak for the others who agreed with my sentiment, but personally I think we have a chance, I just never feel confident until it's actually in place.  Grimes and Mannion seemed like guys who were on their way to Marquette and then quickly ended up at Kansas and Arizona.  With those schools involved it's a big up hill battle, whether it be because of coach or program success/history, shoe brand AAU pull, or in Arizona's case just straight up hundreds of thousands of dollars, to me those programs are programs I feel very little confidence in competing with recruits for.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

harryp

• Starter
« Reply #20980 on: October 05, 2019, 12:10:54 AM »
MU 82 -- GREAT quotes!

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #20981 on: October 05, 2019, 07:28:53 AM »
Maybe Herman can weigh in?
Lot of talk in the local area about the recruitment of RJ Davis and AJ Griffin Jr at Stepinac High. Most I have heard since Elton Brand or Ben Gordon .

MU is definitely considered to offer the best on court basketball opportunity of the four schools . It is understood that RJ would be given a shot at being Markus 2.0.

The classic intangible factors are what are  coming into play now ,ability of parents to see games, team chemistry, Coach chemistry . Advice of influencers like high school coach and summer coach are very important as well.

MU is in a very good position right now. UNC keeping a spot open for Cade Cunningham ,and Cunningham now saying he won’t decide until at least November 29 ,really helps the cause of the three remaining schools.

The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #20982 on: October 05, 2019, 10:43:17 AM »
From Justin Lewis Instagram story.
2nd pic is RJ Davis sharing it.

Nice to see Justin confident enough in his own abilities to not worry about reduced minutes with Dawson Garcia on board.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #20983 on: October 05, 2019, 11:08:58 AM »
Lets get greg and jamal to convince Emoni Bates to commit to marquette too

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #20984 on: October 05, 2019, 11:45:22 AM »
I'm guessing that many of the same people who claim to hate that college basketball will go from "amateur" to "pro" if athletes are allowed to profit off their likenesses, would be just fine if we had a coach who pushed the rules beyond their boundaries as long as he could build a winner doing it.

I’m guessing you couldn’t be more wrong.  Play within the rules, all sides.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Big Daddy 84

• Team Captain
« Reply #20985 on: October 05, 2019, 03:04:51 PM »
Good news coming. Not ready to prep yet, but soon.  Some times it is better to be the Hunter.

I think RJ and Dawson say yes.  Hoggard to MSU.

Look for a spring signing or a traditional transfer.  Transfer would be preferred  just to balance roster, but if someone like Mane wants in you have to say yes.

Was told ignored Osa's HS production. His HS needed him to play inside which is not his strength and has impacted tradition stats.  Was told how they see Osa as a high impact defensive stopper like JFB, once he gets stronger, Osa liked to hear this.Of course I thought JFB was a bust when I first saw him, so what do I know.

OnePost thanks for your message.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #20986 on: October 05, 2019, 03:09:22 PM »
Good news coming. Not ready to prep yet, but soon.  Some times it is better to be the Hunter.

Look for a spring signing or a traditional transfer.  Transfer would be preferred  just to balance roster, but if someone like Mane wants in you have to say yes.

Was told ignored Osa's HS production. His HS needed him to play inside which is not his strength and has impacted tradition stats.  Was told how they see Osa as a high impact defensive stopper like JFB, once he gets stronger, Osa liked to hear this.Of course I thought JFB was a bust when I first saw him, so what do I know.

Don’t call it a comeback! Thanks BD as always!
No Finish Line

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #20987 on: October 05, 2019, 03:12:14 PM »

Return of the mack!

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #20988 on: October 05, 2019, 03:14:37 PM »

Wonderful to hear from you again.  The subscribers to Horse and Hound will be Thrilled.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #20989 on: October 05, 2019, 03:20:09 PM »

Thanks for the update!  Glad to see you post again!
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #20990 on: October 05, 2019, 03:32:01 PM »
Thank you Big Daddy and welcome back!

Mulu7

• Walk-On
« Reply #20991 on: October 05, 2019, 03:33:52 PM »
Welcome back Big Daddy!  Glad you're back - thanks for the info!

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #20992 on: October 05, 2019, 03:36:26 PM »

I see what you are saying about the “Hunter”.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #20993 on: October 05, 2019, 03:39:10 PM »
Hearing that Roy is pursuing Bryce Thompson very hard. Not leaving it up to assistants, If he succeeds that is very helpful to our cause. Go Heels  8-)
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Fred Garvin

• All American
« Reply #20994 on: October 05, 2019, 03:48:22 PM »
Glad your back Big Daddy!! I really have missed your posts

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #20995 on: October 05, 2019, 03:56:25 PM »
Great to hear from you BD!  Looking forward to reading more updates from you, hopefully soon!
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #20996 on: October 05, 2019, 03:58:15 PM »
Glad to see you back, BD. Better to see you reinforcing the things Marquette faithful are hoping for.  ;D
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

onepost

• All American
« Reply #20997 on: October 05, 2019, 04:01:56 PM »

You truly love to see it.  Glad to have you back, BD.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 04:04:56 PM by onepostdavis »

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #20998 on: October 05, 2019, 04:29:17 PM »
BD

It's great to hear from you.  Thank you for the positive news. Many of us have been starving for good recruiting news.  Please pardon me for asking but when will the recruits announce?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #20999 on: October 05, 2019, 04:40:33 PM »
BD

It's great to hear from you.  Thank you for the positive news. Many of us have been starving for good recruiting news.  Please pardon me for asking but when will the recruits announce?

There already has been a lot of "good recruiting news" this year.

But yes, nice to hear more from BD, as always. Here's hopin'!!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

feedback