'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Recruiting as of 5/15/24  (Read 8637501 times)

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
Re: Recruiting as of 3/15/20
« Reply #25450 on: April 14, 2020, 10:47:56 AM »
Sure, but the odds of him coming to MU at this point are less than 5% I'd say. Not going to happen.
Incorrect
Goal is National Championship

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #25451 on: April 14, 2020, 10:49:53 AM »
Incorrect

What do you know Garcia?  You dropping these Mane hints everywhere. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #25453 on: April 14, 2020, 11:01:53 AM »
Loyola Marymount has a great fan site.

And a damn good coach!!!!!
That was a key piece in the coaching staff with results you criticize?

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #25454 on: April 14, 2020, 11:03:03 AM »
You think wojo felt bad missing on 2 players?? Juwan Howard at Michigan had 5* Isiah Todd committed but decommitted just moments ago to pursue pro options and Michigan was also the favorites for 5* Josh Christopher who committed to ASU. Michigan fans currently crying

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #25455 on: April 14, 2020, 11:04:44 AM »
You think wojo felt bad missing on 2 players?? Juwan Howard at Michigan had 5* Isiah Todd committed but decommitted just moments ago to pursue pro options and Michigan was also the favorites for 5* Josh Christopher who committed to ASU. Michigan fans currently crying
I just realized that Michigan fans have almost been expecting Todd to go overseas.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #25456 on: April 14, 2020, 11:06:42 AM »
Incorrect

Okay, how about this...instead of saying 5%...chances aren't nearly as good as they were after his visit. Sure, they are still in it, but with Mane controlling his recruitment now and wanting to visit campuses..he could have committed to MU awhile ago if he was so set on them.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #25457 on: April 14, 2020, 11:07:50 AM »
Yes and as soon as Christopher committed to ASU DeJulius delayed his transfer announcement

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #25458 on: April 14, 2020, 11:13:04 AM »
Yes and as soon as Christopher committed to ASU DeJulius delayed his transfer announcement

DeJulius just posted a goodbye to Ann Arbor on his twitter page this morning.  Based on that timing, I don't think the Christoper news has any bearing on DeJulius' decision.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #25459 on: April 14, 2020, 11:14:56 AM »
I am not usually one of the "circle jerkers" who mess up the Recruiting thread. I love the Recruiting thread, and I want it to be about recruiting. I honestly didn't realize this was in the Recruiting thread when I first posted the Wojo-Hurley thing, and that's on me and I apologize.

I have started a new thread (because that's exactly what we need is another Wojo vs. Whoever thread), and I hope the mods will eliminate the discussion here. Peace!

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

genious expert

• Team Captain
« Reply #25460 on: April 15, 2020, 08:23:09 AM »
From Jeff Borzello
(ESPN Insider link) http://insider.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/insider/story/_/id/29035685/latest-2020-top-three-undecided-college-basketball-prospects

Karim Mane, 6-5, 190 pounds, PG, four-star

Mane isn't ranked in the ESPN 100 because the Canada native plays his high school basketball outside the United States, but his rating would put him somewhere in the 50s. He seems to be a bit further from a commitment than Green and Brown, as the coronavirus pandemic has affected his recruitment more than the other two. Mane has taken only two visits thus far, to Maryland and Marquette, and planned to visit others this spring. But due to the dead period, his recruitment has come to a halt for now. In addition to the Terrapins and Golden Eagles, Mane told ESPN recently that Michigan State, Memphis, Wake Forest, DePaul, Georgetown and Pittsburgh were showing interest. The Spartans in particular have been a program receiving some buzz, while Memphis could ramp up its interest if it strikes out on Green.

It's worth noting that Mane said he would have a hard time committing to a school he didn't physically visit.

"My parents and I are really big on taking a visit before making a decision," he said. "Maybe if this goes on for too long, we'll have to sit down and talk about it. [For now we're] sticking to the plan, making sure we visit before making a decision."

Mane has been rumored to be considered entering the NBA draft, since he's draft-eligible, but he said he's more focused on making a college decision.

In the mix: Marquette, Maryland, Michigan State, Memphis
Prediction: Marquette
Confidence level: 40%

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #25461 on: April 15, 2020, 08:50:15 AM »
i put this in the wrong thread last night:

This might have been posted earlier about Mane but interesting nonetheless from article today:

“It's an option,” Corey Evans said of the NBA. “Marquette was in early and it might hurt them that they lost their lead assistant, Stan Johnson, to the Loyola Marymount head coaching job.”

And separately Ant Wright - not your traditional source but he has been plugged on Mane all along...rumors Karim is amongst the Terrance Clarke, Jalen Suggs, Jalen Greens being pursed by G League & six figure offers
https://twitter.com/itsantwright/status/1250218285158862848?s=21

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #25462 on: April 15, 2020, 08:54:22 AM »
I saw that comment about Stan, but I really don't think him leaving will impact Mane's announcement. It could change things with Kendall Brown, Trejuan Holloway, or DaRon Holmes who Stan was lead on, but I can't see his moving on hurting us with guys where he wasn't he lead. Presutti & Killings will still be able to do their thing.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #25463 on: April 15, 2020, 09:11:33 AM »
From Jeff Borzello
(ESPN Insider link) http://insider.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/insider/story/_/id/29035685/latest-2020-top-three-undecided-college-basketball-prospects

Karim Mane, 6-5, 190 pounds, PG, four-star

Mane isn't ranked in the ESPN 100 because the Canada native plays his high school basketball outside the United States, but his rating would put him somewhere in the 50s. He seems to be a bit further from a commitment than Green and Brown, as the coronavirus pandemic has affected his recruitment more than the other two. Mane has taken only two visits thus far, to Maryland and Marquette, and planned to visit others this spring. But due to the dead period, his recruitment has come to a halt for now. In addition to the Terrapins and Golden Eagles, Mane told ESPN recently that Michigan State, Memphis, Wake Forest, DePaul, Georgetown and Pittsburgh were showing interest. The Spartans in particular have been a program receiving some buzz, while Memphis could ramp up its interest if it strikes out on Green.

It's worth noting that Mane said he would have a hard time committing to a school he didn't physically visit.

"My parents and I are really big on taking a visit before making a decision," he said. "Maybe if this goes on for too long, we'll have to sit down and talk about it. [For now we're] sticking to the plan, making sure we visit before making a decision."

Mane has been rumored to be considered entering the NBA draft, since he's draft-eligible, but he said he's more focused on making a college decision.

In the mix: Marquette, Maryland, Michigan State, Memphis
Prediction: Marquette
Confidence level: 40%

I obviously prefer the 40% to the 0% to 5% that some of Scoop's experts have stated. Of course, I'd prefer we landed those two transfers Monday. And I'd prefer Scarlett Johansson to meet me tonight instead of making me wait until Saturday - the nerve!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

genious expert

• Team Captain
« Reply #25464 on: April 15, 2020, 09:49:25 AM »

Jake
‏Verified account @jakeweingarten

Top-50 senior Karim Mane is still being heavily recruited by many programs and doesn’t have his decision date yet. He told @Stockrisers he’s planning virtual visits.

Marquette, Michigan State, Wake Forest, amongst several others remain involved. Alabama no longer in the mix.

https://twitter.com/jakeweingarten/status/1250434111535120386

dad's couch

• Starter
« Reply #25465 on: April 15, 2020, 10:39:24 AM »
Bad information. We've been told for weeks Mane isn't interested in MU because of Wojo's coaching ability. I can't imagine anyone on this board making things up.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #25466 on: April 15, 2020, 12:03:26 PM »
Bad information. We've been told for weeks Mane isn't interested in MU because of Wojo's coaching ability. I can't imagine anyone on this board making things up.
As I said incorrect and mainly Wojo is why were still favorites

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #25467 on: April 15, 2020, 12:06:50 PM »

Favorites, eh??? I like it
Bring back FFP!!!

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #25468 on: April 15, 2020, 12:17:42 PM »
Favorites, eh??? I like it
As you can tell he keeps on saying consulting with parents, went from can commit without visits, would definitely like to do the visits, if visits not possible at least virtual visits.

dad's couch

• Starter
« Reply #25469 on: April 15, 2020, 12:50:55 PM »

It was sarcasm. Sorry. I'm too old to learn teal.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #25470 on: April 15, 2020, 01:03:53 PM »
As you can tell he keeps on saying consulting with parents, went from can commit without visits, would definitely like to do the visits, if visits not possible at least virtual visits.

So the parents don't like Wojo? Or the parents just prefer a different coach/school?

dw3dw3dw3

• All American
« Reply #25471 on: April 15, 2020, 01:31:19 PM »
Bearcat fans are ready to celebrate DeJulius tomorrow on the 247 forum. Seems like Brian Snow also chimed in that they were looking good.  Wonder what the draw is there vs his other options. Do people look at Symir from the outside as someone who would be tough to compete with for minutes at the 1?

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #25472 on: April 15, 2020, 01:33:54 PM »
So the parents don't like Wojo? Or the parents just prefer a different coach/school?
From what I know backwards They like Wojo
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 01:35:36 PM by News: Garcia dreams MU »

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #25473 on: April 15, 2020, 01:36:26 PM »
Bearcat fans are ready to celebrate DeJulius tomorrow on the 247 forum. Seems like Brian Snow also chimed in that they were looking good.  Wonder what the draw is there vs his other options. Do people look at Symir from the outside as someone who would be tough to compete with for minutes at the 1?

I'd have to go back and look, but pretty sure Symir was ranked higher than Mane in the class of 2020 before reclassifying.  Worth mentioning.  I'd be surprised if guys like Burton, DeJulius, Carton, etc. are overly concerned about Symir based on his freshman year.  To be clear - that is not a knock on Symir - I think he's going to be the face of this program as an upperclassman. 

genious expert

• Team Captain
« Reply #25474 on: April 15, 2020, 01:44:03 PM »

I'm not going to claim to know much about Cincinnati basketball, but from the outside looking in they had 3 Seniors play all of their PG minutes this year.
That leaves Mika Adams-Woods and Zach Harvey as the Guards left on the roster but I think they are both more SG/SF than PGs.
So he basically wouldn't have any competition.

feedback