'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Recruiting as of 5/15/24  (Read 8695712 times)

GGGG

• All American
Re: Recruiting as of 8/15/16
« Reply #3000 on: August 15, 2016, 08:03:22 PM »
Why does it matter that he's tight with Koenig or DW? Koenig will almost certainly be overseas by the time Herro attends college and probably even by the time he's ready to commit. DW may be gone by then too.

Because he trusts what they are telling him.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #3001 on: August 15, 2016, 08:25:06 PM »
McCabe to wva; herro to mu aina
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #3002 on: August 15, 2016, 08:35:36 PM »
Because he trusts what they are telling him.

I guess. I'm sure you're right. Just can't imagine picking my college because a friend used to go there.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #3003 on: August 15, 2016, 08:53:34 PM »
Why does it matter that he's tight with Koenig or DW? Koenig will almost certainly be overseas by the time Herro attends college and probably even by the time he's ready to commit. DW may be gone by then too.
Well for starters, Koenig has been a kid he has looked up to since he was young and plays for he same AAU team growing up, so they know all the same people and have the same connections. And, when he attends UW camps, is on their campus, etc. he hangs with him, so there's also that big brother thing going on as well -- and they are commonly compared to each other as far as hype, talent, etc. There's also the WI Playground Warrior side (Koenig, Dekker, Kobe King, Pritzl) vs. the WI Playground Elite side (DW, Ellensen, Cohen). I've explained the tricky situation of others calling DW an "ambassador" for us too many times in the last few weeks, but suffice it to say, I don't think he will be helping recruit guys for us.

Someone mentioned talking to "parents in the know" regarding TH, I would just say that is totally different than actually talking to his parents.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #3004 on: August 15, 2016, 11:35:01 PM »
McCabe to wva; herro to mu right

#marketingtool
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
Re: Recruiting as of 7/15/16
« Reply #3005 on: August 16, 2016, 11:04:54 AM »
For Jay Bee - 3 straight Crystal Ball picks for Cain to MU. Was 100% Michigan before that

Now its four in a row.  Four picks in two days late in the recruiting season must at least say that the publicly available information is now strongly pointing to Marquette.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #3006 on: August 16, 2016, 11:20:47 AM »
Now its four in a row.  Four picks in two days late in the recruiting season must at least say that the publicly available information is now strongly pointing to Marquette.

No.

History:
Michigan is believed by many to be the front runner.
~Aug 7, Michigan gets commitment from Livers
~day after, Cain announces final 4, including "new name" for most ---Marquette

Now, Michigan doesn't look like a wise pick after the Livers commit. Who of the other three should we guess? How about the closest one, the newest one -- Marquette.

#analysis

Cristal bowel is a little marketing tool

SOMETIMES picks are made due to inside knowledge... this one, not so sure.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #3007 on: August 16, 2016, 01:02:20 PM »
I know he does like Arizona a lot for more than the warm weather, but I still see him going to WI unless a Kansas or Duke come calling. While someone here said he tight with DW, I know for a fact he is tight with Koenig and loves the college atmosphere of Madison. I also wouldn't sleep on Iowa State.

McCabe is announcing his school tomorrow. He says he is choosing from 6 schools. No inside knowledge at all, but I think WV or Depaul. His stock went down this summer and it looks like he is taking his sure thing now rather than betting on next year's AAU season. No doubt he will have a great hs season this year; his team will probably play Herro's in the D2 championship game.
This is a smart move for McCabe to take a bird in the hand.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #3008 on: August 16, 2016, 01:30:23 PM »
No.

History:
Michigan is believed by many to be the front runner.
~Aug 7, Michigan gets commitment from Livers
~day after, Cain announces final 4, including "new name" for most ---Marquette

Now, Michigan doesn't look like a wise pick after the Livers commit. Who of the other three should we guess? How about the closest one, the newest one -- Marquette.

#analysis

Cristal bowel is a little marketing tool

SOMETIMES picks are made due to inside knowledge... this one, not so sure.

Appreciate the update.

No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #3009 on: August 16, 2016, 03:43:11 PM »
The crystal ball is GOD

Always trust.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #3010 on: August 16, 2016, 06:24:49 PM »
McCabe to WV as expected

Also Hasahn French is visiting MU on September 9

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #3011 on: August 17, 2016, 11:08:30 AM »
McCabe to WV as expected

Also Hasahn French is visiting MU on September 9
McCabe mentioned MU in his interview.  I think the young man made a very good decision to commit now.
http://www.postcrescent.com/story/news/2016/08/16/mccabe-chooses-west-virginia/88867876/
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #3012 on: August 17, 2016, 12:52:39 PM »
So he went D1 after all?

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #3013 on: August 17, 2016, 01:19:54 PM »
So he went D1 after all?
There never really was a question as to ending up in Div I.  the issues are what upside he has given his age and whether he can realistically play defense.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #3014 on: August 17, 2016, 01:38:00 PM »
Oh yes there was--there were people on this board who thought he should go D3.........even after he had at least 1 D1 offer.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #3015 on: August 17, 2016, 02:28:00 PM »
Oh yes there was--there were people on this board who thought he should go D3.........even after he had at least 1 D1 offer.
Perhaps, but they were obviously clueless.  There are 350+ Div I schools.  His offensive skills are too good for him to not make the team for the bottom 250 of that group.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #3016 on: August 17, 2016, 02:41:57 PM »
I agree and have all along.  They were stupid comments which have now been confirmed by going D1.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #3017 on: August 17, 2016, 02:47:48 PM »
I was never really high on him, especially for MU. But kudos to him for getting free college. Because of his hype, I wasn't super surprised by the lower offers, but the 3 higher major ones were mildly surprising. While I did think he improved up until last year, I thought he hit a ceiling -- probably would have been better off staying in his actual grade since he is going to be an 18-year old junior in 3 weeks.

I have always maintained I do not think he can guard a D1 caliber guard with any degree of success, so we will see. I've seen the smaller, quicker guys on the circuit blow by him with ease and there is no way a guy like Cheatham doesn't back him down every single possession. I think he will have an insane next two years in high school.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #3018 on: August 17, 2016, 04:24:45 PM »
15 months between now and when he signs his NLI. Who knows what will happen? 

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #3019 on: August 17, 2016, 05:00:29 PM »
15 months between now and when he signs his NLI. Who knows what will happen?

Hope he remembers to fill out his application.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #3020 on: August 17, 2016, 05:13:51 PM »
I was never really high on him, especially for MU. But kudos to him for getting free college. Because of his hype, I wasn't super surprised by the lower offers, but the 3 higher major ones were mildly surprising. While I did think he improved up until last year, I thought he hit a ceiling -- probably would have been better off staying in his actual grade since he is going to be an 18-year old junior in 3 weeks.

I have always maintained I do not think he can guard a D1 caliber guard with any degree of success, so we will see. I've seen the smaller, quicker guys on the circuit blow by him with ease and there is no way a guy like Cheatham doesn't back him down every single possession. I think he will have an insane next two years in high school.
Certainly not referring to you. Appreciate all of your insight.
I agree--certainly not even considered an adequate defender--huge liability. His handle is off the charts though.
Still smiling from the game Henry knocked him on his a$$ after he was trying to show up a Rice Laker up in the Quon.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #3021 on: August 17, 2016, 06:27:48 PM »
Certainly not referring to you. Appreciate all of your insight.
I agree--certainly not even considered an adequate defender--huge liability. His handle is off the charts though.
Still smiling from the game Henry knocked him on his a$$ after he was trying to show up a Rice Laker up in the Quon.
No worries, I just know I wasn't always his biggest fan here. AAU is a little bit of a an exposure/PR game that some kids/families/coaches can spin and win. You can't hide in major D1 ball; you get exposed. Getting a D1 scholly and succeeding at that level are different. He's so small and not athletic, so I just don't see it. I can't see how it is remotely possible for him to hold a guy like say, Melo Trimble. The closest success story I can see like this might be Riley LaChance, but he is 6' 2", a much better shooter and plays off the ball.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #3022 on: August 17, 2016, 08:14:40 PM »
McCabe mentioned MU in his interview.  I think the young man made a very good decision to commit now.
http://www.postcrescent.com/story/news/2016/08/16/mccabe-chooses-west-virginia/88867876/

Damn!  Losing out to UW-Green Bay and UW-Milwaukee, Again!!!  At least Madison was in the same boat.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 08:18:00 PM by Crean to Ann Arbor »

fjm

• All American
« Reply #3023 on: August 17, 2016, 08:20:39 PM »
Wish he would have went to UW-Milwaukee, that way when we start that 3 for 1 series that MUNYC keeps mentioning, we get to play him!

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #3024 on: August 17, 2016, 08:26:31 PM »
McCabe to wva; herro to mu right

Halfway there. #cristalScoopBowel

feedback