Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: REBOUNDING from a loss  (Read 10359 times)

lawdog77

• All American
Re: REBOUNDING from a loss
« Reply #125 on: December 08, 2023, 12:04:13 PM »
Imported Mexican Coke is where it's at.
Colombian is better. Oh wait.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #126 on: December 08, 2023, 12:36:34 PM »
Imported Mexican Coke is where it's at.

But the price has gone through the roof since the Sinoloas consolidated control.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #127 on: December 08, 2023, 12:42:10 PM »
Just because it entertains me so much, my current soft drink of choice is Pepsi Zero Mango.   After a stint with Mountain Dew Zero Spark.   I also enjoy plain Pepsi Zero,  Dr. Pepper Zero, and Mountain Dew Zero.   In emergency situations, Coke Zero.  If Diet Coke is my only option, I drink water.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #128 on: December 08, 2023, 12:43:41 PM »
But the price has gone through the roof since the Sinoloas consolidated control.
That is my understanding after watching Narcos:Mexico

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #129 on: December 08, 2023, 02:27:55 PM »
Best photo from the snap pass by Kolek to Kam for 3 on the baseline out of bounds. The coach right behind Kam is hilarious. I don’t know how we continue to get that look once every other game or so.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #130 on: December 08, 2023, 03:18:53 PM »
I prefer Pepsi to Coke but like both.  McDonald's Coke is where it's at, though.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #131 on: December 08, 2023, 04:31:25 PM »
Anyone who drinks soda/pop is soft...
Goal is National Championship

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #132 on: December 08, 2023, 04:33:53 PM »
Zaide defended well. I don't think we can say it changed the flow of the game.

Zaide checked in with 5:10 to go in the first half. Marquette was in the midst of an 11-2 run and had a 29-22 lead. Abmas had cooked us early, but by this point had been stopped by Mitchell. Abmas hadn't scored since the 11 minute mark. Over the next three minutes, Texas went on a 6-0 run, with Abmas being responsible for 4/6 points. One bucket was in transition and not Lowery's cover in any way, but the other basket was with Lowery on him. Wasn't bad defense, but Abmas is talented and pulled up over Zaide and made a short jumper off a dribble drive. The lead was cut to 29-28. During this stretch, Zaide only touched the ball once on offense and took a wide open three but missed.

Over the last 2:23 of the half, our offense went nuclear. While the defense forced four consecutive stops. Lowery was responsible for one of the stops deflecting an Abmas pass that another Texas player caught but couldn't handle and dropped it out of bounds. Lowery also got lucky on one of the stops. Abmas crossed him up and Zaide literally ended up on the floor while Abmas took a wide open jumper from the elbow that fortunately missed. Lowery literally did not touch the ball on offense during this stretch as MU extended the lead to 39-28. Zaide was subbed out for the final 13 seconds which resulted in another three pointer for MU.

Zaide defended well and I love that Shaka threw that curveball. I just don't think we can say it changed the flow of the game when Abmas started scoring again after a long drought and Texas initially shrunk the lead to from 7 to 1. I think Kolek sinking three consecutive 3s (with a pair of Ross free throws mixed in there) is what changed the flow.

I view Zaide this season kind of the same way I viewed Sean Jones last season. He's a nice change of pace and curveball that forces the other team to think and change their attack, but he's not ready to be a consistent contributor yet. He absolutely will be in the future. I love his athleticism and he has a confidence that you don't find in most freshmen. As Shaka would put it, he's a future dude.
Knower of ball has spoken

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #133 on: December 08, 2023, 04:34:44 PM »

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #134 on: December 08, 2023, 05:34:59 PM »
Anyone who drinks soda/pop is soft...

Ponce Gold with Mexican Coke

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #135 on: December 08, 2023, 05:37:20 PM »
Now Coke & Ponce Ron, tha bomb

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #136 on: December 08, 2023, 05:42:41 PM »

Remember Gold is not for mixing, I should get Ben NIL with Ponce Gold..

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #137 on: December 08, 2023, 05:44:49 PM »

Remember Gold is not for mixing, I should get Ben NIL with Ponce Gold..

Tell that to the Notre Domer.  Yes on Benny G.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #138 on: December 08, 2023, 06:11:51 PM »
Tell that to the Notre Domer.  Yes on Benny G.
Chili? He mixes!!!!

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #139 on: December 08, 2023, 09:55:31 PM »
I don’t know how we continue to get that look once every other game or so.

It’s crazy. Love it every time though.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #140 on: December 08, 2023, 10:21:54 PM »
Best photo from the snap pass by Kolek to Kam for 3 on the baseline out of bounds. The coach right behind Kam is hilarious. I don’t know how we continue to get that look once every other game or so.

The high school team I used to assistant coach ran that exact same play. We called it "3," and it got an open 3 at least a couple times a game. I was always astounded how often it worked.

I actually texted my former coach and sent him the same clip. "This is Marquette running 3 ... and it worked again!"
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #141 on: December 08, 2023, 11:11:38 PM »
It’s crazy. Love it every time though.
Truly

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #142 on: December 09, 2023, 08:58:58 AM »
Do you not think Zaide defended well and is  not a future dude?

4 of your 5 paragraph exposé on how Zaide didn't change the game basically told Scoop Zaide didn't defend very well...he got lucky on one of the stops as he "literally" ended up on the floor.

Abams goes for 13 in the first 11 minutes of the game, and 4 points the rest of the first half, of which 2 came on a layup that you acknowledge above wasn't on Zaide.  Meanwhile, in the 5 minutes Zaide defended him he had 3 turnovers and Texas scored 4 points in the last 5 minutes of the 2nd half, after putting up 24 points in the first 15 minutes.

This aside, I LOL'd at your post as I it reminded me of your feeble attempts at trying to suggest Wojo was a good coach for four years on Scoop...grasping at straws to try to support your opinion. 

Zaide will see an uptick in minutes as the season goes on...and I know you are all aboard the Chase Ross to the NBA hype train but Zaide is a better prospect.  Bookmark this one.

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #143 on: December 09, 2023, 11:13:49 AM »
I’d like to see the Chase that went nuts offensively in that intrasquad scrimmage, scoring with slashes to the hoop in contact and hitting some open shots.

I think an elite defensive effort with a breakaway dunk or two will open that up, maybe tonight?

I’m also pretty sure it’s coming, what I don’t know is what will happen after his breakout game?
What I hope is sustained dude-ism as a huge spark off the bench

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #144 on: December 09, 2023, 12:25:30 PM »
I’d like to see the Chase that went nuts offensively in that intrasquad scrimmage, scoring with slashes to the hoop in contact and hitting some open shots.

I think an elite defensive effort with a breakaway dunk or two will open that up, maybe tonight?

I’m also pretty sure it’s coming, what I don’t know is what will happen after his breakout game?
What I hope is sustained dude-ism as a huge spark off the bench

I would love for him to play exactly like he did against Texas every game. He’s not going to get the shots to average 15 a game. He was GREAT on Wednesday.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #145 on: December 09, 2023, 04:24:59 PM »
4 of your 5 paragraph exposé on how Zaide didn't change the game basically told Scoop Zaide didn't defend very well...he got lucky on one of the stops as he "literally" ended up on the floor.

Abams goes for 13 in the first 11 minutes of the game, and 4 points the rest of the first half, of which 2 came on a layup that you acknowledge above wasn't on Zaide.  Meanwhile, in the 5 minutes Zaide defended him he had 3 turnovers and Texas scored 4 points in the last 5 minutes of the 2nd half, after putting up 24 points in the first 15 minutes.

This aside, I LOL'd at your post as I it reminded me of your feeble attempts at trying to suggest Wojo was a good coach for four years on Scoop...grasping at straws to try to support your opinion. 

Zaide will see an uptick in minutes as the season goes on...and I know you are all aboard the Chase Ross to the NBA hype train but Zaide is a better prospect.  Bookmark this one.

Yeah you're reading things that aren't there. Zaide defended well ( which is something i literally said word for word twice). As someone else said in this thread,  the tenth player in our rotation,  a true freshmen,  played meaningful minutes in a game against a top 15 team and guarded their best scorer and held his own.  That's phenomenal even it didn't change the flow of the game because again, Texas' offense had already been stopped by this point and our offense had just started to wake up (11-2 run right before Zaide checked in).

If you can point to anything in my post that was inaccurate, go ahead. Since you seemed to take issue with it,  Zaide did literally end up on the floor on one play.  Theres no shame in that,  Abmas will do that to many more players this season with more experience than Zaide. If you need the exact minute mark, i can give it to you.

BTW, I'm pretty sure i get to claim credit as the first poster to be high on Zaide. I made a post saying he looked really good when we first offered him. My opinion on him hasn't changed since. He's a future dude. If he wasn't playing for a top 5 team,  he'd be getting significant minutes every game.

TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #146 on: December 09, 2023, 04:46:51 PM »

You need as much therapy as the Texas fan obsessed with shaka
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #147 on: December 09, 2023, 06:36:39 PM »
You need as much therapy as the Texas fan obsessed with shaka

Super amusing coming from you...ever go back and read your posts during game threads?  You have the emotional fortitude of a two year old. 

Yeah you're reading things that aren't there. Zaide defended well ( which is something i literally said word for word twice). As someone else said in this thread,  the tenth player in our rotation,  a true freshmen,  played meaningful minutes in a game against a top 15 team and guarded their best scorer and held his own.  That's phenomenal even it didn't change the flow of the game because again, Texas' offense had already been stopped by this point and our offense had just started to wake up (11-2 run right before Zaide checked in).

If you can point to anything in my post that was inaccurate, go ahead. Since you seemed to take issue with it,  Zaide did literally end up on the floor on one play.  Theres no shame in that,  Abmas will do that to many more players this season with more experience than Zaide. If you need the exact minute mark, i can give it to you.

BTW, I'm pretty sure i get to claim credit as the first poster to be high on Zaide. I made a post saying he looked really good when we first offered him. My opinion on him hasn't changed since. He's a future dude. If he wasn't playing for a top 5 team,  he'd be getting significant minutes every game.

Thanks for the clarifications, solid spin.  Btw, who do you think will have the better career at MU, Chase or Zaide? 

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #148 on: December 09, 2023, 07:21:33 PM »
Super amusing coming from you...ever go back and read your posts during game threads?  You have the emotional fortitude of a two year old. 

Thanks for the clarifications, solid spin.  Btw, who do you think will have the better career at MU, Chase or Zaide?
LOL

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #149 on: December 09, 2023, 11:15:59 PM »

No spin.  Same message as the first post.

Right now,  i think Chase but I'm confused why you are making this into a competition between Ross and Lowery? I'm high on both of them
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

feedback