collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Adios AA  (Read 15349 times)

WhiteTrash

• All American
Re: Adios AA
« Reply #275 on: July 05, 2023, 02:35:02 PM »
Yes, unironically the Ds are more supportive of law and order and family values at this point in history.
Do you miss the good old days when D's fought and died to keep slavery?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #276 on: July 05, 2023, 02:39:09 PM »
Nope.   I miss the days when R's weren't  fighting to bring it back.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #277 on: July 05, 2023, 02:40:38 PM »

Turn off msnbc and hit the putting green.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #278 on: July 05, 2023, 02:47:49 PM »

This argument is about as stupid as any argument out there.  This is the kind of brainless argument a simpleton makes, ignoring history completely.

Southern democrats of the civil war era and Dixiecrat era post WWII don’t exist anymore because they were replaced by republicans after the passage of the Civil Rights bill in 1964.

True story: Southern Democrats filibustered and fought against this bill happening.  Didn’t matter because the Republican Party saw an opportunity to win the south by siding against such things moving forward.  JFK and LBJ both knew the risk they’d lose the south and pushed for it anyway.  And they did lose the south. 

Can you imagine any Republican representing a southern state having the huevos to do something like this today?  The answer is no.  Why did Strom Thurmond switch parties in 1964?  So he could oppose civil rights and keep getting elected.

So, yes, democrats of 175 years ago were on the wrong side of history.  The southern democrats of the 50’s and 60’s were on the wrong side of history.  Quite the winning argument you make.
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #279 on: July 05, 2023, 02:52:08 PM »
Turn off msnbc and hit the putting green.
You spent more time on this post than I have on cable news since the start of 21.  Except for January 6 and the Nashville school shooting.  (Relatives attend that school)   I read lots of different sources.  I don't do cable news.

And I said what I said.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #280 on: July 05, 2023, 02:55:53 PM »
You spent more time on this post than I have on cable news since the start of 21.  Except for January 6 and the Nashville school shooting.  (Relatives attend that school)   I read lots of different sources.  I don't do cable news.

And I said what I said.

You have moved further to the looney left than just about anyone on here since '21.   Might want to put down the Nation, comrade.

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #281 on: July 05, 2023, 02:57:40 PM »
Your ilk will age out of existence soon enough and your backwards thought will go along with.

Good riddance to most of you.

I have extremely broad shoulders and am more than capable of taking care of myself in these matters.

But don't go dissing my ilk.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #282 on: July 05, 2023, 02:58:51 PM »
I have extremely broad shoulders and am more than capable of taking care of myself in these matters.

Hahaha, internet tough guy!

tower912

• All American
« Reply #283 on: July 05, 2023, 03:13:50 PM »
You have moved further to the looney left than just about anyone on here since '21.   Might want to put down the Nation, comrade.
My political viewpoints are pretty much where they have been since college.  Pragmatic liberal.   I appreciate anyone from any political bent who makes a practical policy proposal to make the world a better place.   I bust on anybody trying to take America back to the 50's.  1950's, 1850's or 1750's.   What can be be done to take us forward?   Because we need all of us.  White, black, brown, yellow, male, female, straight, gay, somewhere in between.   And even worse, this is where my faith has led me.

Do you, Ziggy.   Oink.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #284 on: July 05, 2023, 03:15:49 PM »
Your ilk will age out of existence soon enough and your backwards thought will go along with.

Good riddance to most of you.
Hoping a bunch of people die. How very un-Marquette like.Think you might want to step away from the keyboard for a few

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #285 on: July 05, 2023, 03:18:06 PM »
My political viewpoints are pretty much where they have been since college.  Pragmatic liberal.   I appreciate anyone from any political bent who makes a practical policy proposal to make the world a better place.   I bust on anybody trying to take America back to the 50's.  1950's, 1850's or 1750's.   What can be be done to take us forward?   Because we need all of us.  White, black, brown, yellow, male, female, straight, gay, somewhere in between.   And even worse, this is where my faith has led me.

Do you, Ziggy.   Oink.

Name 1 legitimate R that is advocating for the return of slavery in this country.  Not some Twitter fringe nutcase.

Frankly, the insinuation that half of the country wants to bring back slavery is offensive and un- Christian.   Might be time to reevaluate your views.

And TSmith is the only double swine around here.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #286 on: July 05, 2023, 03:21:41 PM »
It was a direct riposte to white trash.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #287 on: July 05, 2023, 03:43:41 PM »
It was a direct riposte to white trash.

So are you saying that Rs want to bring back slavery or that you think Rs are fighting to bring it back?

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #288 on: July 05, 2023, 03:46:16 PM »
So are you saying that Rs want to bring back slavery or that you think Rs are fighting to bring it back?

Try to be intellectually consistent for once…

“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #289 on: July 05, 2023, 03:51:30 PM »

Time comes for all.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #290 on: July 05, 2023, 03:52:12 PM »
Hoping a bunch of people die. How very un-Marquette like.Think you might want to step away from the keyboard for a few

Everyone dies, my friend.  Everyone.  I am not wishing a violent end for anyone.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #291 on: July 05, 2023, 04:23:33 PM »
Name 1 legitimate R that is advocating for the return of slavery in this country.  Not some Twitter fringe nutcase.

How do you tell them apart?
I mean, there are definitely some sane Republicans out there, but by and large they've been shunned and marginalized by the wingnuts (see: Cheney, Kinzinger, Hogan, Sununu, Romney, Ryan, etc.).

tower912

• All American
« Reply #292 on: July 05, 2023, 04:27:42 PM »
I like that Wisconsite who runs the Bulwark.  He seems to still have a lingering common sense cell somewhere sometimes.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #293 on: July 05, 2023, 04:37:40 PM »
I like that Wisconsite who runs the Bulwark.  He seems to still have a lingering common sense cell somewhere sometimes.

Yep. The Bulwark and The Dispatch are where the sane GOP has gone.
The National Review, despite a couple of solid writers, is mostly a lost cause. The three of them combined probably don't receive as much traffic as the Daily Wire or The Blaze.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #294 on: July 05, 2023, 04:50:44 PM »

That’s Charlie Sykes and his opinions shift as the wind blows.  He saw an opportunity to monetize an Anti-Trump wing of the Republican Party.

In fairness, when he was still on the air, he was anti-Trump from the get go and pushed Ted Cruz.  His backing of Cruz probably helped him win Wisconsin during the 2016 primaries. 

I’m agnostic on Sykes.  I listened to his show and actually called in a few times when he got into discussions of things not necessarily political.  His years on the air definitely opened a door to Trumpism, however.

Saying all that, I think people on both sides see a lot of grifter in him
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #295 on: July 05, 2023, 09:45:08 PM »
This argument is about as stupid as any argument out there.  This is the kind of brainless argument a simpleton makes, ignoring history completely.

Southern democrats of the civil war era and Dixiecrat era post WWII don’t exist anymore because they were replaced by republicans after the passage of the Civil Rights bill in 1964.

True story: Southern Democrats filibustered and fought against this bill happening.  Didn’t matter because the Republican Party saw an opportunity to win the south by siding against such things moving forward.  JFK and LBJ both knew the risk they’d lose the south and pushed for it anyway.  And they did lose the south. 

Can you imagine any Republican representing a southern state having the huevos to do something like this today?  The answer is no.  Why did Strom Thurmond switch parties in 1964?  So he could oppose civil rights and keep getting elected.

So, yes, democrats of 175 years ago were on the wrong side of history.  The southern democrats of the 50’s and 60’s were on the wrong side of history.  Quite the winning argument you make.
There is literally nothing is your post that discredits or refutes the statement/question in my post. You only gave more details of the facts.

In a different discussion of the history of Democrats, yes the party came to its senses and recognized people of color are humans and deserving to be treated like any other human beings. There are great Democrats who did great things for this country. I am glad we have the Democratic Party. I also appreciate the valuable contributions of the Republicans. 

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #296 on: July 06, 2023, 01:34:46 AM »
I very much doubt people who suffered under Mao, Stalin and the Dear Leaders of North Korea have said anything of the sort, and if they are, they're morons ... as is anyone who would take such a remark seriously.
Nobody is being sent to the Gulag. Nobody is being murdered on the quad for their opinions. Nobody is being sent to forced labor camps.
Any such suggestion is pure idiocy.
Incorrect , former inhabitants of the above come out regularly and warn about the suppression of free speech
 and wokeness. As for no Gulag look no further than Americans being held for 3 years in solitary without a trial for Jan6. These are facts ,Bruh
But keep playing the victim.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #297 on: July 06, 2023, 03:50:17 AM »
“Wokeness” 😂😂😂
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #298 on: July 06, 2023, 07:09:10 AM »
“Wokeness” 😂😂😂
Shush now. Huge numbers of people that suffered under repressive autocratic regimes have come to the U.S. and complained about our wokeness. As everyone knows. It's just a proven, indisputable fact. They'd almost rather go back to their oppressors than suffer our wokeness, in fact.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2023, 09:19:58 AM by TSmith34, Inc. »
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #299 on: July 06, 2023, 07:16:23 AM »
Shush now. Huge numbers of people that suffered under repressive autocratic regimes have come to the U.S. and complained about our wokeness. As everyone knows. It's just a proven, undisputable fact. They'd almost rather go back to their oppressors than suffer our wokeness, in fact.

Wokeness is the exact same thing as Stalin's purge. Nobody disputes this.